Percy Jackson Champion of the...

By ItIsTheFBI

I SUCK AT SUMMARIES DONT JUDGE ME Highest I know about it being in Fanfiction is #214. COMPLETED Percy Jack... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
THANKS FOR 1k
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A question
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not a chapter I am just rambeling
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Thee End

Chapter 21

899 12 9
By ItIsTheFBI

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter! Hope you enjoy and feel free to review!

Percy POV

My peaceful sleep was disturbed when I felt a slight pressure on my chest. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw a figure sleeping on my chest. Judging by the slender body, it was a female. I started to move my arms around, but then stopped when I saw my arms were wrapped around her waist. I slowly removed my arms from around her and moved some of her hair out of the way and instantly recognized the coppery skin and slightly upturned nose. Zoe. I thought stroking her cheek softly.

I knew I should've woken her up but I didn't want to. I wanted to stay like this forever but I knew I couldn't so I tried to cherish the moment for as long as possible. But the moment didn't last very long when Zoe started to stirr and slowly opened her eyes and saw me snd instantly froze.

We stared into each others eyes, both of us trying to control the blush that was threatening to spread across our faces. "Well," I said sheepishly, removing my hand away from her face. "This is certainly awkward." I said while she quickly got off me, her cheeks red. "What happened?" She muttered while I sat up, recalling what happened.

"I remember jumping off the Empire State Building and taking you with me, then I shadow traveled us here." I said receiving a slap immediately afterwards. "If I wasn't invulnerable, that would've probably hurt." I said while she glared at me but I smiled. "Whatever," she said getting up but I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me.

"Stay," I murmured into her hair, wrapping my arms around her waist. "I feel peaceful with you here," I said falling back into the bed with her. "We need to head downstairs," she said putting her hands on my chest. "Everyone is probably looking for us after your little stunt that you pulled last night." She said glaring at me. "I don't think anyone will miss us for five minutes," I said while she looked like she was about to agree till she shook her head, making me groan.

She got up yet again but I grabbed her and pulled her towards me, pressing my lips against hers making her freeze. I'm really starting to push my luck. I thought as she snapped out of her dazed state and kissed me back, snaking her arms around my neck. I leaned back into the bed, taking her with me. I'm going to tell her. After Kronos is defeated, I'm going to tell her how I feel. I don't want her to think I'm using her.

The moment was great but good things don't last forever. "Percy," I heard as the door opened. "It's about time I found you..." The voice trailed off while me and Zoe quickly pulled apart, blushing furiously.

I turned to the door and saw Kyle standing there, eyes wide with shock and disbelief. I noticed Zoe was still in my arms and quickly released her, thankfully she got the idea and scrambled off me, sitting at the far edge of the bed, not making eye contact with me. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I spoke. "What are you doing here?" "Been looking for you but apparently you were busy." He said till a thoughtful look appeared on his face. "Now that I think about it, this is perfect blackmail," he said grinning while I glared at him.

"If you know what's best for your sake and mine, you'll keep this a secret." I said but I know Kyle. Once he finds something out like this, any type of threat doesn't matter to him because he knows I can't do anything while something like this is in his hands. He went to speak but a roar that shook the building stopped him.

"What was that?" I questioned in shock as a serious expression adorned his face. "Kronos has another surprise, this one is a little tougher than what you think."

Linebreak

The Hephaestus cabin was out of Greek Fire. The Hunters and the Apollo cabin were scrounging for arrows. Most of us had ingested so much so much ambrosia and nectar we didn't dare take anymore. In total, we had sixteen campers, fifteen Hunters, thirty one fighting soldiers from Aether's army, and half a dozen satyrs left in fighting shape. The rest took refuge on Olympus.

The Party Ponies showed up, but one look at them and I knew they would be little help. They tried to form ranks but they staggered and giggled, plus they smelled like root beer. "They ain't going to be helpful," Kyle said looking at the Party Ponies. "The best they'll be able to do is stay out of our way," David said shaking his head.

"At least their here," Cameron said. "Better to have them here than off running around." "Always the positive one Cameron," I said looking at him. "I knew there was a reason I kept you around." I said while he rolled his eyes. "What were you and Zoe doing Percy?" Kyle said wiggling his eyebrows. "Kyle, now is not the time." "It may be the only time." I ignored him and looked at Alexander.

"Kyle said something about a surprise Kronos has, know what he's talking about?" Alexander nodded. "Tyler's friend, the clear sighted mortal said she saw a few things." "Such as.." "A drakon," he said. "A Lydian drakon, to be exact. The oldest and most dangerous kind." "I don't see that as a problem," Kyle said shrugging his shoulders.

"Actually seems kind of fun since Percy and Tyler defeated most of the Titans." "This drakon has a particular fate," we looked at him confused. "How so?" Cameron questioned. "It can only be killed by a child of Ares, which we are short of at the moment." "Why," I questioned. "Are they all injured?" He shook his head. "Dead?" He shook his head again.

"Missing?" I said while he shook his head again. "Then tell me," I said annoyed. "I'm tired of guessing." "They aren't fighting." I stared at him. "Wait," I shook my head. "They aren't fighting?" I said while he nodded. "Where are they?" I demanded. "At camp," Derek said. "Sitting on their butts while we're here fighting and dying," Kyle spat while I felt anger building up.

"Why are they not here?" I hissed as Alexander explained to me why the Ares cabin isn't fighting. "Because of a chariot," I said shaking my head in disbelieve. "I can't believe Clarisse would be so stupid." "Believe it Perce," David said as Tyler walked up with everyone else. "Percy-" "I know Tyler. Lydian drakon, can only be killed by a child of Ares." I said while he looked surprised but nodded.

"What do we do?" Travis said while I stared at everyone. We were tired. Everyone was. I have enough rest to summon my powers but not a lot. "We'll figure something out Travis," I smiled at him. "We always do," he gave me a tired smile. "You're right." "What's your name again?" I looked at Tyler's red haired friend. "Rachel," she said confused while I nodded. "Best you head inside." Cameron said but she shook her head.

"I want to stay." That thought changed immediately when a shadow blotted out the sun. Across the street, the drakon slithered down the side of a skyscraper. I remember the first time I fought a drakon, I thought it was the biggest and deadliest monster on earth. Till I saw the Lydian drakon that is. It roared, a roar so loud it shattered a thousand windows. "On second thought," Rachel said in a small voice, "I'll be inside."

Let me tell you the difference between dragons and drakons. I've had my fair share of both but drakons are millennia older than dragons, and much larger. They look like giant serpents. Most don't have wings but those that do are a pain to beat, especially when they dodge your every attack. Most don't breathe fire(though some do). All are poisonous, immensely strong with scales stronger than titanium. Plus their eyes can paralyze you; not the turn-you-to-stone Medusa- type paralysis but more like oh-my-gods-that big-snake-is-going-to-eat-me type of paralysis. Which is just as bad, or at least I think so.

There are drakon fighting classes at camp, but there is no way to prepare yourself for a two hundred-foot-long serpent as thick as a school bus slithering down the side of a building, its yellow eyes like searchlights and its mouth full of razor-sharp teeth big enough to chew elephants.

"I don't think Percy could defeat that," Annabeth said in shock. "I don't think the Ares cabin has a chance." She said while I glanced the enemy army moving down Fifth Avenue. We stood there as Chiron galloped up and down the Party Ponies ranks, shouting words of encouragement as a crazy thought entered my head. "I think I can kill it," I said while everyone looked at me in shock. "Unless you're secretly a child of Ares, I don't think it's possible." Thalia said shaking her head.

"I don't need to be a child of Ares," I said summoning my longbow and one arrow. "Percy," Tyler started, "I know your longbow is powerful, but I think you need something for a little closer range." "If this works, we won't have to worry about it." I said infusing every bit of my power into the arrow, making it glow different colors and hum with energy.

"What are you doing?" Jennifer said as I pulled the arrow back, watching the drakon as it curled around the building. "The first time I did something like this, I destroyed the training grounds when I lived with the primordials. Our training room is supposed to be indestructible but I proved it possible to destroy it." I said aiming at the drakon. "They weren't happy," I said aiming at the its eye.

"This can work two ways," I said. "The first is this kills the drakon and I'll be extremely tired. Or, it doesn't kill the drakon and I might make it angry. Very very angry. Plus I'll be tired." "Let's hope it works." Tyler said as I released the arrow, watching as it sailed through the air, hitting the drakon as a bright light erupted, throwing everyone back but me as dust enveloped the soon to be battlefield.

Once the dust cleared and everyone finally got up, I saw the drakon lying on the ground unmoving, smoke coming off its skin while everyone looked at me in shock, monsters and demigods alike. "Percy," Chiron said in amazement. "You killed it," Tyler said while I allowed a smile to surface, even though I felt like I could use a nap.

My smile quickly vanished when the drakon started to shift around. The Fates really like to make my job more complicated. I thought as the drakon's yellow eyes zeroed in on me and released a ear piercing roar. "Tyler, you and everyone else focus on the monsters. Kyle, David, Derek, Cameron, Alexander, mind giving me a hand?" I said while they nodded.

I looked at Tyler. "Keep our forces together." I looked at Alexander and the others. Together, we charged the drakon.

Out of all the stupid things I've done, charging a monster that not even I could kill tops everything else. Mrs. O'Leary was a big help, landing on the drakons head, scratching and growling, looking like a really angry black wig. I managed to plunge Riptide into one of its eye, green blood flowing out as I jumped back. It turned towards me, its good eye glaring at me in hate.

It seemed surprised I wasn't frozen in fear. I smirked, "I've seen worser things than you." It didn't seem happy that I wasn't scared till a truck smashed into its face throwing it back as Kyle and David appeared beside me. "There's a perk to being Krios' sons," David said as Kyle picked up another car. "And that is being able to pick up things that are impossible to lift." Kyle said throwing the car towards the drakon.

The drakon opened its mouth and spit poison at it, making the car shrivel up into metal. The drakon turned towards us and spit poison but a large column of fire intercepted it as Alexander joined us. "Where's Cameron?" I said but Alexander pointed at the drakon while I turned towards it to see Cameron on its back, driving his sword deep between a chink in the serpent's armor.

The drakon roared and rolled over, attempting to crush him but only succeeded in crushing a lamppost while he jumped off and landed beside us. Mrs. O'Leary took that as her chance and pounced on the drakon, knocking it back to the ground as serpent and hellhound twisted and thrashed violently. "We're losing ground Percy," Alexander said as I looked around and saw he was right. The Party Ponies had panicked under the onslaught of giants and demons. Arrows screamed. Fire exploded in waves across both armies, but the action was moving across the street to the entrance of the Empire State Building.

Our remaining allies rallied at the doors of the Empire State Building. The entire Titan army was surrounding them. We were out of options. No more help was coming. We had to retreat before we were cut off from everyone else.

"We have to retreat," I said while everyone nodded till I heard a rumbling in the south. It wasn't a sound you hear much in New York but I recognized it immediately. "Chariots," Cameron said as a girl's voice yelled. "ARES!" A dozen chariots chargef into battle. Each flew a red banner with the symbol of the wild boar's head. Each was pulled by a team of skeletal horses with manes of fire. A total of thirty fresh warriors, armors gleaming and eyes full of hate, lowered their lances as one, creating a bristling wall of death.

"The children of Ares," I said in shock, I didn't know whether I should be happy or mad. I saw Clarisse in her familiar red armor with her boar-head helm with her crackled with electricity in one hand. While half her chariots charged the monster army, Clarisse led the other six straight for the drakon. The serpent noticed and reared back, throwing Mrs. O'Leary.

Tyler's poor pet smashed into the side of the building with a yelp. I ran to help her, but the serpent zeroed in on the new threat. Even with one eye, its glarewas enough to paralyze two chariot drivers. They veered off into a line of cars but the other four chariots kept charging. The serpent bared its fangs to strike and got a mouthful of Celestial bronze javelins.

"Alexander, you and the others go help the campers," I said while he nodded. "Kyle, you stay with me. I'll need your help." He nodded as Alexander ran towards the campers. "Ares, to me!" Clarisse screamed. Her voice sounded shriller than usual, but I guess that wasn't surprising given what she was fighting.

Across the street, the arrival of six chariots gave the Party Ponies new hope. They rallied at the doors of the Empire State Building, and the Titan army was momentarily thrown into confusion. "Perce, come on," Kyle said grabbing my arm. "The Ares cabin needs our help." I nodded as we ran to Clarisse, who was circling the drakon along with the other three chariots.

Lances broke against the monster's skin. Skeletal horses breathed fire and whinnied. Two chariots overturned, but the warriors merely got to their feet, drew their swords, and went to work. They hacked at chinks in the serpent's scales. They dodged poison spray like they'd been training for this all their lives, which of course they had.

I hold no love for Ares or his children, but I will admit they were brave. Clarisse was in front, stabbing her spear at the drakon's face, trying to put out its other eye. As we reached them, things started to go wrong. The drakon snapped up one Ares camper in a gulp, then knocked aside another sprayed poison on a third, who retreated in panic, his armor melting.

Me and Kyle jumped on its back and ran towards its head, trying to draw its attention from Clarisse. Her cabinmates threw javelins, most which broke, but some lodged in the monster's teeth. It snapped its jaws together until its mouth was a mess of green blood, yellow foamy poison, and splintered weapons. "You can do it!" I screamed at Clarisse. "A child of Ares is destined to kill it!"

Through her war helmet, a few things didn't add up. I only saw her blue eyes which shone with fear. Clarisse never looks like that and she didn't have blue eyes. "ARES!" She shouted in that strangely shrill voice. She leveled her spear and charged the drakon. "No," I muttered. "WAIT!"

The drakon looked down at her-almost in contempt-and spit poisen directly in her face. She screamed and fell to the ground. "Clarisse!" I heard as me and Kyle held on for dear life as the drakon tried to throw us off. I managed to catch a glimpse of Clarisse's cabinmates defending their fallen comrade while Tyler and the others ran towards. I drove Riptide between to of the creature's scales while Kyle did the same.

We managed to get its attention as Tyler and the others struggled to defend Clarisse while her cabinmates tried to get her helmet off. The drakon tossed me and Kyle to the ground but we were immediately back on our feet. I made a fist as the earth copied my movement while Kyle threw a lamppost like a javelin at its other eye.

It turned its body so it hit the scales while I drove my fist forward, the earth smashing into the drakon and throwing it back. At the corner of my eye, I saw a flying chariot land on Fifth Avenue while we ran towards Clarisse, cutting through the monsters. Then I noticed someone running towards them also. A girl's voice, shaken with grief, cried, "NO! Curse you, WHY!"

When we reached Clarisse, I saw the others trying to unfasten her helmet. "Move!" I shoved an Ares camper out of the way and started to unfasten the strap on one side. Thankfully, Tyler got the idea and started to unfasten the other strap. "Look out!" I looked back and saw the drakon, but instead of turning towards me, it turned towards Clarisse and bared its fangs at us and got ready to strike.

The real Clarisse stood up and looked at the drakon, a look of absolute hate on her face. I'd seen a look that intense only once before. Her father, Ares, had worn the same expression when I'd fought him in single combat. "YOU WANT DEATH!" Clarisse screamed at the drakon. "WELL, COME ON!" She grabbed her spear from the fallen girl and charged the drakon. With no armor and shield. "Clarisse, don't!" I struggled to unfasten the strap, my hands slightly trembling.

I glanced back and saw Clarisse leap to the side as the monster struck, pulverizing the ground in front of her. Then she jumped onto the creature's head. As it reared up, she drove her spear into its good eye with so much force it shattered the shaft, releasing all of the magic weapon's power.

Electricity arced across the creature's head, causing its whole body to shudder. Clarisse jumped free, rolling safely to the sidewalk as smoke boiled from the drakon's mouth. The drakon's flesh dissolved, and it collapsed into a hollow scaly tunnel of armor. I stared at Clarisse in awe. Never, in my whole life have I seen someone take down such a huge monster single-handedly.

Me and Tyler finally got the helmet off as everyone gathered around. The battle still raged down Fifth Avenue, but for that moment, nothing existed except our small circle and the fallen girl.

Her features, once beautiful, were badly burned from poison. I could tell that no amount of nectar or ambrosia would save her. Another death that shouldn't have happened but did because of my interference.

I looked down at the dying face of Silena Beauregard.

"What were you thinking?" Clarisse cradled Silena's head in her lap. Silena tried to swallow, but her lips were dry and cracked. "Wouldn't...listen. Cabin would...only follow you." "So you stole my armor," Clarisse said in disbelief. "You waited until Chris and I went out on patrol; you stole my armor and pretended to be me." She glared at her siblings. "And NONE of you noticed?" The Ares campers developed a sudden interest in their combat boots.

"Don't blame them," Silena said. "They wanted to...believe I was you." Tyler reached for a couple ambrosia squares but I stopped him by shaking my head. He looked like he wanted to argue but I could feel Thantos's presence around Manhattan, making sure to claim those who die. "We'll get you some help," Tyler said but I knew he was trying to be helpful.

"Go help the others," Clarisse said to her cabinmates. "Now!" They scrambled off to do something. "Percy, can't you do something?" Everyone looked at me but I shook my head. "What can I do?" "What's that supposed to mean?" Clarisse snapped. "I don't know how to treat drakon poison, I can't even treat regular poison. Can you do something?" I snapped back at her. "Percy," I looked down at Silena.

"I...never got to...thank you," I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "You don't have to thank me for anything." I said grabbing her hand, trying to keep her alive for a little longer. "Just doing my job." I said gesturing Derek and Cameron forward. "Percy," she said, her life force slowly fading. "Cody," I frowned. "Cody?" "Luke used him...like he did...me. Don't...hurt him...keep him safe." I was confused but nodded nonetheless as her breathing started to slow.

"Charlie..." Her eyes were a million miles away. "See Charlie..." Her life force faded. I slowly let go of her hand, ignoring the raging battle around us. Annabeth closed her eyes as someone put their hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Alexander and nodded. "Everyone move," I said as Cameron stood on one end of Silena while Alexander stood on the other side.

"Clarisse move," I said but she still craddled Silena's head. "Clarisse," Chris said gently, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Move." Clarisse didn't want to, but she did as Cameron and Derek knelt down, both holding a small cylinder in both their hands. "What are you doing?" Clarisse demanded as they all connected on all four sides, forming a stretcher.

Together, they lifted her up. "Alexander, mind helping them get to Olympus?" Alexander nodded. "I'll go with you." Crystal said. Together, they all made their way to the Empire Sfate Building.

Linebreak

"I AM CLARISSE, DRAKON SLAYER!" Clarisse yelled, dragging her two-hundred foot trophy up and down Fifth Avenue. "I'll make sure she comes back," I heard someone say. "I know you're about to eradicate her for being so stupid." "What makes you say that Chris?" I turned towards him but he pointed at my hand, which was slowly dripping Greek Fire. "Stressed," I said watching Clarisse ride up and down the avenue, calling Kronos a coward and telling him to come out and fight her.

"Kyle," I said as he turned towards me. "Sup Perce?" "Bring her back. She's being rash. I want to say something but it's better if I keep it to myself." He nodded and walked towards Clarisse's chariot. "He won't hurt her right?" "I don't think so. Kyle would never hit a girl but just in case, you might want to go over there." He nodded while I turned and headed back to the Empire State Building.

I met the cabin counselors by the elevator. "Is it true?" Travis said while I nodded. "Does anyone know a Cody?" Everyone frowned. "Cody?" "Yes Connor, is there a Cody in any of your cabins?" I questioned but everyone shook their heads except for the Stolls. "Actually, there's a Cody in the Hermes cabin." "Where is he Connor?" "He's helping the Apollo campers treat the wounded." "Bring him here." Connor seemed surprised but nodded.

"What's on your mind Percy?" Tyler questioned but I didn't answer. If Silena meant what I thought she did... Connor appeared a few minutes with a boy around the age of ten, maybe eleven holding bandages with a confused expression on his face as Connor led him towards us. My heart stopped. So young. Luke probably said the same thing he said to Silena. I thought in disgust.

I knelt down in front of him. "Where is it?" I said softly, pushing down the anger while a frown appeared on his face. "Where's what sir?" He said confused but I saw right through that lie. "Don't play dumb with me kid," I said, my anger slowly increasing. "I don't know-" I smashed my hand into the wall, putting a hole in it. "WHERE IS IT!" I yelled as his eyes widened in shock and fear. Connor quickly pulled him away from me, standing in front of him, eying me warily.

I took deep breaths, well aware of Zoe and Tyler beside me. Once I was calm again, I extended my hand towards him. After a few minutes, he moved past Connnor and walked towards me. He didn't make eye contact with me, only reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver bracelet with a scythe charm, the mark of Kronos as everyone gasped.

"Cody," I heard Travis say in shock and betrayal. "You were the spy." I went to grab it till someone grabbed Cody and slammed him into the wall. "You little punk," Clarisse snarled, pressing a knife against his neck. "You killed Silena." She hissed, her red eyes blazing with fury and pain. "And now I'm going to kill you." She spat but I grabbed her by the shoulder and threw her into the wall, the Ares cabin pulling out their weapons, pointing them at me while Tyler uncapped Shadowslayer. "Enough!" I yelled as it fell silent.

"He did not kill Silena." "Has being controlled by Kronos mess with your head? He's the spy we've been talking about for the last four years." Clarisse spat, pointing at him while I stormed towards her. "Percy, don't." Zoe said but I ignored her till I was face to face with her. "You want to know who really killed Silena?" "Tell me Jackson!" "You." I said while her eyes widened till they burned with hate.

"And you want to know how?" I turned the Ares cabin. "The Ares cabin cannot swallow their pride over a stupid chariot. While you were at camp, your family are over here fighting for their lives." "The Ares cabin are my family!" "We're all family!" I yelled, gesturing to everyone around us. "Demi-gods, demi-Titans, we're all family. I am powerful, but I cannot change the Fate of someone else. Merely intefere and make it tougher on myself. Because of me, all of my friends are dead!" I yelled, tears threatening to spill.

"Because, like you. I would not swallow my pride and it got my friends killed. Not one, not two. Can you guess how many friends I lost?" I said but she didn't answer, only stare at me wide eyed. "I lost three hundred and ninety two friends in the universe. I saw myself as a person more powerful than Chaos and it cost the lives of my friends. Not a second goes by I don't think about them, wishing I could've, no should've made the right choice. They," I pointed at Alexander and the others. "Are my friends, my only friends but all of you," I looked at everyone. "Are my family. I would give anything to protect you. I wish I could've change the wrong I've done. Save those who I failed to save." I snatched the bracelet out of Cody's hand.

"Luke merely used Cody, the same way he used Silena. He used them, told them they would do good by spying. Silena was the spy, believe it or not. I freed her when I joined the Titans but I didn't know there was another spy." I said waving it in front of her face. "When I was young, probably twenty, thirty years old at the most. I looked into the future and saw this," I gestured around.

"I was determined to stop it and prevent all this death and destruction but the Fates weren't happy with me. They made the Olympians start wars, I came down here to help but only suffered more than anyone else has. How do you think I felt driving a spear through someone's chest?" I questioned grabbing a Ares campers' spear. "Hmm? How do you think I felt?" I tossed it to the floor and grabbed a sword. "How do you think I felt slicing someone's throat?" I tossed it to the floor and grabbed a Apollo campers' bow. "How do you think I felt when I sent a arrow into someone's neck or their chest?" I tossed it back to him.

"How do you think I felt when I strangled a person to death with my two bare hands?" I said, feeling tears stream down my cheeks. "I've been stabbed, shot, and even tortured but the Fates never intended to kill me," I shook my head."Just break me. And they won. For eight hundred years, I fought the Fates. Defying the fates of my friends, or I tried to. You all know I'm immortal or I was but you don't know anything. Let me tell you something." I looked Clarisse directly in the eye.

"World War II. The war was nearly over, you probably heard of the concentration camps, correct?" Everyone nodded. "After I saw that, I felt the Germans didn't deserve my mercy. They have the guts to starve and kill innocents, well two can play that game. I was watching over a group of prisoners, watching them dig holes. I did what no one would think of. I killed them, twenty to thirty unarmed prisoners." Everyone stared at me in shock and disbelief.

I nodded. "I don't care if this Great Prophecy kills me or not. I'm already a broken man, my pieces are to far scattered to be put back together. My name means destruction. Wherever I go, war and death follow. I'm merely a tool for war, a toy for the Fates' amusement." I turned and headed to the door, everyone creating a path for me. "The Fates always get what they want. Don't try to defy them unless you want to end up like me. A broken man."

Linebreak

"Percy?" I heard someone say. "I was hoping you would leave me so I could drown in my own misery." I said while Zoe sat on the bed beside me, looking at me in concern. "Everyone is worried about you." "I'm fine." "No you're not." I sighed. "Did you really mean it?" "Mean what Zoe?" She looked at her hands. "Not caring if you died or not." She said it so quietly I had to strain my ears to hear her.

"Hey," I said grabbing one of her hands as she looked back up at me. "I'll admit, at first, I really didn't care but now, I do. I have something to fight for." I said while she smiled. "And what are you fighting for?" "Many things," I admitted. "But the main is for this girl I love so much, I'm willing to die for her." She raised an eyebrow. "And who is she?" "I'll tell you after we defeat Kronos," I said standing up and bringing her with me. "I just hope she'll love me back." "I find it pretty hard she won't love you back." She said as Jennifer burst through the doors.

"You need to get down here, now." She said, "Kronos is leading the final assault." No more words were said. I bolted out the door with Zoe and Jennifer right behind me.

By the time we got outside, it was too late. Campers, Hunters, and soldiers from Army of Light lay wounded on the ground. Clarisse was frozen in a block of ice, the Party Ponies were nowhere to be seen. "Tyler! Over here!" I shouted as he, Annabeth, Crystal, Alexander, Kyle, David, Thalia, and a few Hunters ran towards us while I looked around.

The Titan army ringed the building, standing about twenty feet from the doors. "Where's Derek and Cameron?" "I don't know Percy," Alexander shook his head. "We're surrounded," Tyler said while Kronos walked forward with his vanguard, smirking till he noticed me and everyone else. His golden eyes flashed and suddenly, I couldn't move.

I tried fighting for control but I was just too tired. I didn't even eat any ambrosia. I moved my eyes around and saw there was only one person in between Kronos and the Empire State Building.

Chiron.

"Step aside, little son." Hearing Luke call Chiron his son was weird enoigh, but Kronos put comtempt in his voice, like son was the worst thing he could think of. "I'm afraid not," Chiron said, his voice was steely calm, signaling he was really angry. The dracaenae queen became impatient and lunged toward him, but recieved a arrow between the eyes, dissolving into golden dust.

Chiron reached for another arrow but his quiver was empty. He dropped the bow and drew his sword. I knew he hated sword fighting. It was never his favorite weapon. "You're a teacher," Kronos sneered. "Not a hero." "Luke was a hero," Chiron said. "He was a good one until you corrupted him." "FOOL!" Kronos's voice shook the city.

"You filled his head with empty promises. You said the gods cared about me!" I frowned, or I would've if I wasn't frozen in place but I wasn't the only one who noticed. "Me," Chiron said. "You said me." Kronos looked confused, and in that moment, Chiron struck. It was a good maneuver-a feint followed by a strike to the face. I could've done it easier and a lot quicker if I wasn't so tired but Kronos had all of Luke's fighting skills, which was a lot. He knocked aside Chiron's blade and yelled, "BACK!"

A bright explosion erupted between Chiron and Kronos, throwing Chiron into the side of the building with such force the wall crumpled on top of him. The time spell broke and we ran towards him, helplessly pulling off the bricks while a ripple of ugly laughter ran through the Titan army. "YOU!" Annabeth turned on Luke. "To think that I...that I thought-" She drew her knife.

"Annabeth, don't." Tyler said trying to take her arm but she shook him off and charged Kronos. Luke frowned, like a part of him remembered that he used to like this girl, used to take care of her when she was little. She plunged her knife between the straps of his armor, right at his collarbone. The blade should've sunk into his chest. Instead it bounced off while Annabeth doubled over, clutching her arm to her stomach. The jolt might've been enough to dislocate her shoulder.

Tyler yanked her back as Kronos swung his scythe, slicing the air where she'd been standing. "I HATE you!" She screamed while Tyler held her back. "So much spirit. I can see why Luke wanted to spare you. Unfortunately, that won't be possible." He raised his scythe while I held up Riptide, getting ready to defend till a dog's howl pierced the air. "Mrs. O'Leary?" Tyler questioned as the monsters started to part, creating a path as if something was forcing them to.

Soon, there was a free aisle down the center of Fifth Avenue. Standing at the edge of the block was Tyler's giant dog and a small figure in black armor. "Nico?" I questioned as he strode forward, the ememy army fell back before him like he radiated death, which of course, he did. "Got your message. Is it too late to join the party?" "Son of Hades." Kronos spit on the ground. "Do you love death so much you wish to experience it?" "Your death," Nico said, "would be great for me."

"I'm immortal, you fool! I have escaped Tartarus. You have no business here, and no chance to live." Nico drew his sword-three feet of wicked sharp Stygian iron, black as a nightmare. "I don't agree." The ground rumbled. Cracks appeared in the road, the sidewalks, everywhere. Skeletal hands grasped the air as the dead clawed their way into the world of the living. There were thousands of them, and as they emerged, Kronos's forces got jumpy and started to back up.

"HOLD YOUR GROUND!" Kronos demanded. "The dead are no match for us." The sky turned dark and cold. Shadows thickened. A harsh war horn sounded, and as the dead soldiers formed ranks with their guns, swords, and spears, a enormous chariot roared down Fifth Avenue. It came to a stop next Nico. The horses were living shadows, fashioned from darkness. The chariot was inlaid with obsidian and gold, decorated with scenes of painful deaths. Holding the reign was Hades himself, Lord of the Dead, with Demeter and Persephone riding behind him.

On his head was the helm of darkness; a crown that radiated pure terror. It changed shape. From a dragon to a circle of black flames to a wreath of human bones. "Hello father," Hades said smiling coldly. "You're looking...young." "Hades," Kronos growled. "I hope you and the ladies have come to pleddge your allegiance." "I'm afraid not," Hades sighed.

"My son here convinced me that perhaps I should prioritize my list of enemies." He glanced at me in annoyance then looked at Tyler in distaste. "As much as I dislike certain upstart demigods, it would not do for Olympus to fall. I would miss bickering with my siblings And if there's one thing we agree on-it is that you were a TERRIBLE father." "True," Demeter muttered. "No appreciation of agriculture." "Mother!" Hades drew his sword, a double-edged Stygian blade etched with silver. "Now fight me! For today the House of Hades will be called the saviors of Olympus." "I don't have time for this." Kronos snarled as he struck the ground with his scythe.

A crack spread in both directions, circling the Empire State Building. A wall of force shimmered along the fissure line, separating Kronos's vanguard, my friends, and me from the bulk of the two armies. "He's sealing us in," Jennifer said. "Collapsing the magic barriers around Manhattan -cutting off just the building, and us." "The mortals," Thalia said. "Their waking up."

Sure enough, everyone started to get up, car engines revved to life. "Mom," Tyler muttered. "Don't." I looked and saw my mom looking around, knowing how bad the situation really is. The last thing I wanted was for her to gain Kronos's attention. Fortunately, Hades caused a distraction. He charged at the wall of force, but his chariot crashed against it and overturned. He got to his feet, cursing, and blasted the wall with black energy but it held.

"ATTACK!" He roared as the armies of the dead clashed with the Titan's army. Fifth Avenue exploded into absolute chaos. I don't know what the mortals saw but I bet it was scary. Demeter waved her hand and an entire column of giants turned into a wheat field. Persephone turned the dracaenae's spears into sunflowers. Nico hacked and slashed through the monsters, trying to protect the pedestrians as best he could.

"Nakamura," Kronos said. "Attend me. Giants," Kronos pointed at us. "Deal with them." Then he ducked into the lobby.

For a second, I was stunned. I expected a fight, but Kronos ignored me like I wasn't worth the trouble. That made me mad. He thinks he can control me and get away with it? Oh, you're in for a surprise when I get my hands on you Kronos. I thought rolling between the Hyperborean legs and stabbed Riptide into his backside while Thalia created the world's largest headless ice sculpture.

"Percy, we need stop Kronos from destroying the gods' seat of powers," Alexander said while I looked around, seeing wounded campers and Hunters slowly getting up and joining the raging battle. I wanted to help, I really did but Alexander was right. If we didn't stop Kronos, he'll destroy the world. "I'll stay and find Cameron and Derek," he said while Crystal nodded. "I'll stay too," she said while Thalia ordered a few Hunters to stay and help.

I looked at everyone else then up at the sky. The choice that I'll make in a few minutes will either save the world, or destroy it. "Let's go," I said running towards the elevators.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! The next chapter will either be the last one or the second to last one. Either way, we're almost finished with the story. Thanks for being patient with me, you guys are the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 8.6K 15
"We all die in the end, McKinney." James Potter. cover by @remuslupout © 2021, gentleblues
16K 1.6K 51
Sarah on nagu iga teine teismeline tüdruk. Talle meeldivad kuulsused ja kella 3-ni öösel oma parima sõbranna Emma'ga (eelnevalt mainitud) kuulsustest...
77.3K 1K 26
I SUCK AT SUMMARIES DONT JUDGE ME Highest I know about it being in Fanfiction is #214. COMPLETED Percy Jackson was abandoned by his sister after sh...
28.9K 2.8K 19
Dos mejores amigos muy unidos pero uno de ellos ocultaba su gran secreto ese secreto que podría destruir esa gran amistad. Taehyung no tenía las agal...