HP&SB: The Deathly Hallows

By lillyanbrooks

A year after the events of the last book, the Wizarding world is in ruins. Voldemort has taken over, the Mini... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

HP&SB: The Deathly Hallows

9.7K 231 117
By lillyanbrooks

CHAPTER 1/ Going Back

I watched with mixed emotions as the Dursley's car pulled out of the driveway of Number 4, Privet Drive, for the last time. Their departure left me alone, and for the first time I had the small house completely and freely to myself. But not for long. Soon I would be leaving as well, but unlike the Dursleys, I was more than ready to say goodbye.

I paced around my room restlessly, thinking over the events of the last year for what must've been the hundredth time. Dumbledore was dead. Voldemort had taken over. And the Ministry of Magic, from what information I had been able to gather, was corrupt. We were in a world at war, and I was stuck in the center of it.

Lost in my head, I didn't notice the people flying down from the sky until the roar of a motorcycle engine reached my ears, strange and familiar at the same time. I glanced out the window, watching as Order members stepped off their brooms. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I hurried from my room and down the stairs, managing to throw the front door open just as Hermione and Ron made it to the door step.

"Harry!" Hermione greeted warmly as I was engulfed in her hug, another from Ron quickly following.

"All right, Harry? Ready to go?" Ron asked as he let go. I nodded eagerly, stepping back so the Order members could flood into the living room, each greeting me as they walked by.

"Come on, let's get moving before they kill us." Moody's growl bellowed, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me along, his magic eye spinning around wildly. In the living room was the Weasley twins, along with Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Fleur Delacour, Mundungus Fletcher, Remus Lupin, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Nymphadora Tonks. They were all welcome sights, but my eyes widened in surprise when I caught the figure of one person who had managed to sneak in without me seeing her.

Siri Black leant against the wall of my living room, leather-clad arms crossed over her chest. Her hair, once jaw-length, now just brushed her tan shoulders. She was taller too. But she was Siri. It had been a long time since I had seen her. A year almost, when we were fifteen. Now we were both nearly seventeen, and surely changed. I wondered how much she had changed. I wondered how the fact that my heart sped up every time I looked at her hadn't. I moved to walk over, to say something, but Moody's hand was firm on my shoulder.

"Okay, Potter. We'll be flying this time, as we can't apparate or floo anywhere without the Ministry being aware of it. So we've sorted out a plan as to get you there. I believe you're familiar with this?" Mad-Eye asked, pulling a flask out of his pocket, carrying the faint smell of- I scowled.

"No. No way." I said, and Mad-Eye rolled his real eye, setting the polyjuice potion down on the counter.

"Potter, all of us -almost all of us- are overage and have agreed to the risks." He said, but I shook my head quickly.

"No, this is way more dangerous, masquerading as me. Besides, you need my hair." I pointed out, stepping away. Mad-eye, looking more exasperated than anything nodded. I had noticed that Siri had moved from the wall till she was behind me, grabbing my hair and tugging sharply enough.

"OW."

"Sorry Potter." She said briskly as she moved past, handing the lock of my hair to Mad-Eye. I scowled, watching her go to sit down on top of the counter as Mad-Eye sighed.

"Thank you, Black. Okay, Potters, line up!" He bellowed, and Fred, George, Fleur, Ron and Hermione lined up. I watched warily as Mad-Eye eyed the line up before frowning.

"Mundungus!" He bellowed gruffly, and Mundungus Fletcher stepped forward, obviously unhappy about his current situation. Mad-Eye nodded then, taking the flash off the counter top and handing it to Fred.

"Drink up. Fair warning, it tastes like goblin piss."

"Have experience with that, Mad-Eye?" Fred asked good-naturedly. Moody glowered at him, and without a word he down it, shuddering before handing it to George. I moment later he shrunk to my height, hair already darkening. They kept passing the goblet, taking a sip before it fell back into Mad-Eye's hands, and he looked at the six Potters that now stood before them.

"Everybody change. Hurry, now, as we don't have much time. Including you, Harry." Mad-Eye nodded, handing out a bag. Inside were pair after pair of matching socks, sweaters, trousers- Carefully I reached forward, trying not to mind that I was changing in front of a crowd. Siri I noticed seemed to find particular interest in the toaster.

Finally we were all changed, each completely indentical. It was a weird feeling to look next to yourself and see you staring back. Mad-Eye stood in front of his, his hands resting on his cane.

"Very good. Now, George, you'll be with Lupin-" He gestured to another Harry, who cried out incredulously.

"I'm not George! I'm Fred! Can't you tell us apart when we're someone else?"

"Fred, George, whatever, you're with Lupin. The other twin, you're with Arthur. Hermione, you're with Kingsley, Fleur can stay with Bill. Ron, you're with Nymphadora. Fletcher, you're with me, I wanna keep an eye on you, you scum. Potter?" Mad-Eye asked, and everyone that looked like me turned to him, including myself.

"Yes?"

Mad-Eye was unamused.

"The real Potter. You're with Black. And no funny business." He grumbled sourly. I nodded jerkily, glancing over to where Siri sat. She had yet to look up, but instead was sliding from off the counter. Mad-Eye was currently making sure everyone had a matching owl, owl cage and trunk. Everything was so precise I almost had trouble finding my own, until Mad-Eye handed it to me roughly.

"Very good. Off we go, then." He muttered as he hobbled past, grabbing the Mundungus-Harry by the neck and leading him out the door. The others followed suit. Siri walked out the door, and quickly I jogged after her, following her to the black motorcycle that sat in the middle of the road.

Siri fit in with it well, sliding into the seat with a practiced ease as I lifted my stuff into the attached side car. I slipped in as carefully as I could, watching as Siri pulled on a pair of black gloves. I wasn't sure what to say. What could a person a say?

"This is Hagrid's motorcycle." I managed after a moment. Siri nodded shortly, barely glancing at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Given to him by my dad. Hagrid decided that dad would want me to have it. Of course it has a few adjustments now, but it's still pretty much the same." She gestured to a few buttons on the panel flippantly. I nodded.

"Everybody ready!?" Mad-Eye yelled from the front of our group. My heart leapt when Siri started the motorcyle's engine, the metal machine roaring to life. Mad-Eye's lips thinned.

"You each know your safe houses. Get there safely. If we run into any trouble, don't slow down. Especially you, Black, I'll be keeping an eye on you. Now go!" Mad-Eye barked, and I had to duck as a thestral flew over my head, its wings outspread. I heard a soft sound from my left, and I was almost startled to see Siri grin, a little crookedly as she reved the engine with a small laugh. We started forward.

The motorcycle gave a loud whine, and I could feel the sidecar shutter from underneath me as it began to lift through the air rapidly, just as fast, if not faster, as any broom. The wind felt good in my face, and I tried to enjoy the bottomless feeling in my stomach as we rose further and further into the air.

"You alright, Potter? You look a bit pale." Siri said from beside me. I nodded quickly.

"Just great."

"Well, hang on then. Mad-Eye would kill me if you fell out." She said, pressing a button close to her thumb. Instantly the motorcycle stabilized, and it was with a sigh that I sunk into the side car, taking in our surroundings.

Most of it was dark clouds and sky, though shadows of people and thestral flying by could be seen. Tonks and Ron passed us, and Ron waved before they disappeared into the clouds, their shadow followign quickly after them. Siri was humming softly under her breath, goggles pushed up on her head as she reved the engine, making something in the motorcycle pop.

"How long have you been driving this, exactly?" I asked, trying to straighten up. Siri bit her lip, looking thoughtful.

"Only about a week or two. Don't worry, Potter. I know what I'm doing."

"Do you?" I asked cryptically, ignoring Siri's brief frown when we passed through a large group of clouds and into an open area. What I saw was shocking.

Death Eaters were everywhere, their black cloaks fluttering in the wind as they soared through the air. There were at least thirty of them, shooting jets of light towards the unsuspecting Order members. I could see clouds lighting up in the distance with the color of the spells.

"Shit." Siri mumbled under her breath, rising up slightly on her feet, thighs hugging the seat of the motorcycle as she pulled out her wand, gray eyes alert. I reached for my own, ducking down as a Death Eater flew by, nearly knocking me off the side car.

"Stupefy!" I yelled after him, missing his dark cloak by an inch.

"Avada Kedavra!" A voice hissed from behind me. I managed to dodge it just in time, moving my legs. I barely managed to grab Hedwig's cage, pulling her out of the way of the spell. She hooted gratefully.

"Lucky owl." I mumbled, only to be thrown aside when Siri took a sharp turn. Two Death Eaters tailed us, wands pointed ahead. She continually glanced back over her shoulder, and I watched as she pointed her wand.

"Stupefy!" She yelled, hitting her target. I watched as the Death Eater slid off his broom, hurtling to the ground at a fast pace. I watched in surprise.

"You just killed him!" I yelled over the sound of the wind. Siri glanced over to me.

"Better him than me. Now make yourself useful, Green-eyes, I need to drive." She clucked, and before I could say a word she pushed a button.With a loud roar, a jet of dark orange fire shot out of the motorcycle, shoving us forwards at a faster pace.

"Avada Kedavra!" A Death Eater swooped down, and Siri ducked her head just in time to avoid being it. I nearly rose in my seat, quickly disarming him before he could fly by again. That's when there was a call from behind me.

"That's him! That's Potter!" A Death Eater yelled almost giddily. Siri swore loudly.

"Damnit, Harry!" She snapped, shoving her wand back into her pocket and repeatedly glancing over her shoulder. I scowled at her.

"What did I do!?"

"Just stupefy the prats! We don't have time to disarm them." She barked, and the motorcycle swerved down, landing on the muggle road below us. Death Eaters still followed us, but Siri wove through the traffic expertly, leading us into a dark tunnel.

The wind blew in my face, nearly knocking my glasses off. I hung on tightly as she made a sharp turn off the road and onto another one, looking especially annoyed when a car honked at her. I glanced back quickly, relieved when the Death Eaters appeared to be lost for a moment.

"Did we lose them?" I asked over the noise. Siri shrugged weakly, gray eyes searching the road ahead of us.

"No idea- Wait. Damnit." Siri cursed as the Death Eater's came back into view, at least three following after us. With a push of the button Siri launched us back into the night sky, leaving the busy streets behind us. I could see spells passing our heads, and carefully I leant back, throwing spells of my own when I could.

"Avada Kedavra!" A Death Eater snapped. Siri managed to bend her head down, dodging the spell but losing her grip on the motorcycle. I watched in horror as she nearly slid off, scrambling to dig her fingers into the leather seat. Carefully I leant forward, managed to grab her arm and pull her forward enough that she had a firm grip.

"Why did this have to happen now!?" She yelled angrily, gripping onto the seat for dear life, her knuckles white. I shook my head, about to reach over and pull her up when something felt very wrong. A searing pain crossed my head and I cried out, nearly falling over.

"Harry!" Siri's cry was panicked, and I followed her gaze behind me, eyes widening. I nearly passed out as Voldemort flew beside us, like smoke from a chimney, his red eyes narrowed and glowing cruelly.

"Goodbye, Harry Potter." His voice was as cool as ice as he raised his wand, the green of the spell already illuminating the tip. I raised my own just in time to block the spell, the wand already starting to grow hot in my hands, like it was about to shatter any moment from the use. And then there was a crack- But not from my own. Voldemort let out a frustrated shout, pulling away and vanishing after the loss of his wand. I was panting, raking my fingers through my hair before turning back to Siri.

She had lost her grip on the seat and was hanging on tightly, but her expression was calm, and I saw her nod once. "Very good, Potter." She commented before her eyes widened. I didn't have time to grab her before she slipped, and I could only watch with horror as she fell, her body rocketing to the earth. But I wasn't far behind.

The motorcycle was starting to sputter, and I could feel the direction of the wind change as it plummeted to the ground. I barely had time to release Hedwig from cage before passing out, grateful that at least I wouldn't be conscious when I hit the ground.

_

The first sensation I noticed upon waking up was something cold and wet on my forehead, wiping gently at my skin. My sight was blurry were I opened them, and I reached for my wand, my hand going to my pocket- But it wasn't there. I jolted up then, nearly clashing heads with a plesasant-looking man.

"Woa, Potter. Easy there." The man said as he set the wet rag down. I watched him carefully as he extended his hand in a calm gesture.

"Ted Tonks. I'm Dora's father." He introduced himself, and slowly I nodded, shaking his head briefly.

"Where's Siri?" I asked once I remembered I had the ability to speak. Ted smiled.

"Oh, she's fine. Almost killed me when I found you two." He said with mild fondness. I nodded briefly, standing up and brushing myself off when there was a loud scream from another room, a quick shriek that startled me. When Ted didn't stop me I followed the sound, listening in.

"I'm sorry dear, just one more..." A woman's voice soothed through the door. Carefully I pushed open the door, stepping into a kitche. My eyes sought Siri first, only to find her sitting down on a counter, glaring up at the woman that was bent over her, wand in hand. I drew my wand, instantly recognizing the figure.

"You!" I cried loudly, and the woman put her hands on her hips as she turned to me, lips pursed.

"Beg your pardon?" She asked, and before I could say anything else I realized she wasn't Bellatrix. This woman had a kinder face, and her hair was more brown than black. She still had the gleam of sanity in her eyes. I instantly lowered my wand.

"Sorry."

"Hey Potter." Siri waved mildly from where she sat on the counter, and the woman turned back to her with a soft sigh, flicking her wand.

"Episkey." She said, and Siri gave a small yelp as a bone in her thigh cracked back into place. Siri let out a long sigh, running her fingers through her hair.

"Thanks Andy." She muttered, and the woman nodded once.

"No problem." She said before glancing back down at Siri's leg. "Be careful on that thigh. If you're not careful it could split again."

"I'll be careful, Andy." Siri said dryly, and Andy nodded once, smiling tiredly at me before she left the room, her long curls bouncing on her back. Questioningly, I looked to Siri, who shrugged.

"Tonks's mother, dad's cousin. She's my second cousin, I think.. Or I'm her second cousin, I don't know. We're related somehow." She said carelessly, cringing as she set her weight back down onto her feet. I offered her help but she batted my hand away, and together we walked to the living room.

Ted was sitting on the couch now, looking rather grave as he stared up at the clock. Next to him, back in her cage, sat Hedwig.

"You two need to go soon. The portkey leaves in two minutes." Ted warned as he looked at us, and I nodded. Reaching over I picked Hedwig's cage up, grateful to have her back with me.

The silence in the room was uncomfortable, if not awkward, but at least it gave me time to think.

Silently, I watched as Siri limped over to the opposite side of the room, hands behind her back as she glanced at some of the paintings with casual interest. She had been right, in her letter. About being a different person. I had read and reread that letter so many times over the past year, I surely had it memorized.

No longer was she the cropped-haired, small, fiesty girl I had come to know. Instead, her hair had grown out to her shoulders, and she had grown at least an inch and a half. But it was her manner that so different. She appeared more reserved, more mature. More confident. I wasn't sure if i liked it.

"So, how's your life been?" I asked to break the silence, and Siri shrugged, looking over at me.

"Hectic, but I enjoyed it. Kept me busy. Going to France was a good thing. I learned a lot there." Siri murmured. I was very aware of her eyes on me, dark gray and unreadable. I stared back.

"You ever think about writing?" I asked cryptically. Siri's lips twitched into a crooked smile.

"Every day." She answered, turning her head when a blue glow came from a tea kettle that sat in the center of the room. Siri stepped towards it. "That would be for us."

We latched onto the kettle just as it took off, throwing us into a whirlwind of movement. I let go when Siri did, flying away the kettle and landing somewhere very, very wet.

"Oh, great." Siri said sourly, stepping out of the pond and shaking herself off. I had to untangle Hedwig's cage from the reeds before I managed to stomp out myself, the summer air brushing my skin.

"You alright, Potter?" Siri was in front of me, her hand on my shoulder. I didn't want her to move it. But I nodded quickly, and with a sigh Siri stepped away and began walking towards a light a mile or two away.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, save for the squeaking of your shoes or the occasional hoot from Hedwig. Siri let out a shout as we were in a few feet of the Burrow, and I watched as the door flew open, revealing the two female Weasleys.

"Oh, you're safe!" Mrs. Weasley cried as she embraced me quickly before moving onto Siri. Ginny hung back, looking rather grim.

"No one else is back yet. Ron and Tonks were supposed to be back an hour ago." She informed us with a slight grimace. Siri nodded, her expression tired as she looked at the two redheads.

"We were attacked. The Death Eaters- they knew where we were, and what the plan was. And then Mr. Genius over here gave us away, too." She nodded in my direction. I shrugged, still having no idea what she was talking about. Mrs. Weasley clucked gently, lips pursed.

"Well let's get you inside then, shall-" She started when there was a bright blue flash, and a few feet away Remus appeared with a bleeding Harry, who's hair was just starting to turn red. One
side of his face was covered in blood, and I watched in mute horror as George, leaning heavily on Remus, stumbling towards the house. Siri had already ducked forward, throwing George's other arm around her and quickly helping him get to the house. Mrs. Weasley had gone pale.

"Oh- get him inside!" Mrs. Weasley said briskly, and the six of us quickly ambled inside, making way for Remus, Siri and George, Mrs. Weasley disappearing into the kitchen while Remus and Siri carefully layed George down on the couch. Siri grimaced, wiping the blood off of her jacket.

"Who-"

"Snape's work." Remus said darkly, glancing at Siri and I carefully. "Someone knew what we were doing tonight."

"No shit, Sherlock." Siri snorted, raking her fingers through her short hair. Remus's lips thinned, and he opened his mouth to speak again when there was another crack from outside, and eagerly we all ran out of the house to see Ron and Tonks walking out of the fied, both as wet as Siri and I.

Upon catching sight of Tonks, Remus ran to her, throwing his arms around her tightly. The affection there was obvious, and I couldn't help but notice the shining ring on Tonks's left hand as she hugged him back.

"Thank Merlin." Tonks said, her head on Remus's shoulder even as they approached the house. A moment later it was Hermione and Kingsley who appeared, and not soon after Mr. Weasley and Fred, both looking tired but alright.

"Where's George?" Mr. Weasley asked as he passed us in a curious tone, and Siri and I exchanged worried glances before chasing after them.

"He was hit. By Snape. You should go." Siri said clippedly, and it was with hurry that Mr. Weasley and Fred went to house. Siri and I watched them go, Siri's eyes almost wistful. With a sigh she turned back to the field, plopping herself down on the ground. I copied her actions, careful to stay at a comfortable distance.

"So.." I began slowly, trying to not pull at the grass too much. "Are you staying for the wedding?"

"Have to, considering I'm a bridesmaid." Siri said with a small shrug, tucking a strand of hair back in place. "But yeah. And after that, if you were wondering. France wasn't permanent, you know. Was never meant to be." She looked over at me, gray eyes curiously unreadable.

"I know. It just.."

"Seemed like." Siri finished with a small nod, when there was a sound of a wave- And then Bill and Fleur appeared out of the field, both looking tired and rather grim-faced. Siri instantly rose up, jogging over and colliding with Fleur in a tight hug. I didn't realize the two knew each other so well. Bill walked by me, patting my shoulder before continuing inside.

Siri and Fleur seemed to talk for a moment, quietly nodding before Fleur smiled weakly, waving at me as she followed after her Fiancé. Siri turned back to me, chewing on her bottom lip.

"What happened?" I asked as she walked over, obviously trouble. She sighed.

"Mad-Eye died." She said glumly. "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort, and poof. Disapparated."

I nodded slowly, processing the information for a moment. It was troubling, and I felt incredibly infuriated with Mundungus Fletcher. If I ever saw him... He wouldn't be let off easy. I wasn't aware Siri had taken my hand until I felt the warmth of her palm, squeazing my fingers gently before letting go and heading back to the house.

I followed suit.

A small huddle had formed around the couch, and Siri and I broke through just in time to see Mrs. Weasley finish wrapping a cream colored bandage around George's head. I looked to his twin, who was kneeling by his brother in an almost protective manner.

"Will he be alright?"

Fred nodded, his smile wry.

"He's fine. Little shaken up, but you can't get rid of a Weasley twin that easy." Fred said with gentle pride, and George nodded weakly in agreement. I saw Siri's lips twitch in mild amusement.

"Glad to hear it." She said with a sigh before glancing up at the clock. "Well, I'll be upstairs, Night everyone."

She lifted her hand in a small wave, and I was very aware of her fingers brushing mine as she walked past, already shrugging off her jacket as she went upstairs.

_

Waking up the next morning was less than pleasant. Despite the warmth provided from the quilt on my bed, or the nice aroma of pancakes in the air, a loud yell quickly disturbed the peacefulness.

"OI! EVERYBODY GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND GET DOWN HERE! THERE'S PANCAKES, AND I CAN'T HAVE A FIFTH HELPING UNTIL YOU PEOPLE EAT!" Siri's voice echoed up the stairway. She had to be using a charm to sound that loud. I heard Ron groan from the opposite side of the room as I rose from my bed, tugging my clothes on.

"She's bloody mental." Ron grumbled, pulling his pillow over his head. I shrugged weakly.

"At least we know she hasn't completely changed." I mumbled before trudging down the stairs. The only person in the room was Siri, who stood by the stovetop. A mug of coffee was in her right hand and she gripped a spatula in the other, humming calmly as she watched the cooking pancakes. I smiled tired.

"Morning, Siri."

"Morning Potter." Siri greeted as I sat down at teh table. Taking a palte, she carefully shoveled three of pancakes onto it before setting it down in front of me.

"Eat up. Mrs. Weasley made them, they're fantastic. Morning Bill." Siri chirped as Bill Weasley walked downstairs, running his hands through his hair in attempt to straigthen himself out. He eyed Siri with amusement.

"Morning Black." He greeted with a yawn. Siri rolled her eyes, plopping another batch onto the stove.

"You know, after you've known me for more than a few months, I figure we'd be past last-names." She commented. Bill laughed, taking a chair an sliding into it less than gracefully.

"Morning, Siri." He amended, and Siri nodded once, whacking him with her spatula.

"See? Much better. How many pancakes do you want?" She asked, turning back to the stove. I took the moment of her distraction to watch her again, trying to be mindful that I didn't pour too much syrup on my pancakes. Siri's hair was clipped back again, just brushing the back of her neck. Something peeked around from under her- Curling and a black against her skin, but before I could see it properly she turned back to me, her fingers coming up to her neck as if to purposefully hide it.

"Harry, I'd finish up if were you. Molly will be back in soon and she has loads of chores in store, she'll probably want help." Siri said as she switched off the stove, setting a plate in front of Bill and leaving a large stack of pancakes on the counter. I watched with a quick nod as she wiped her hands off on her apron, pulled it off and left the room without another glance. Turning back to my food I noticed Bill watching me, eyebrows raised almost amusedly. I stared back.

"What?" I asked, and Bill rolled his eyes, shoveling a spoonful of pancake into his mouth. Soon everyone else had ambled down to the kitchen, all eating. I was sitting in between Ron and Hermione when Mrs. Weasley did appear, and with a very lengthy list of chores.

"Harry, can you take care of the chickens, dear?" She asked in a kind tone. Grateful that it wasn't the most difficult of chores I nodded eagerly, ducking outside before she could assign something else. To my surprise Siri was outside too, working with the laundry. White sheets billowed around her, and I watched with mild amusement as she fought to keep one on the clothesline. Grabbing the pail of chicken feed, I stepped into the coop, spreading out the feed and watching as the chickens clustered around me. My chore was short-lived, though.

"UH, HARRY?" Siri's voice came from the right, and I followed the sound to see her hanging from the clothesline, her hand stuck there by the same sticking charm Molly used to keep the wash staying to the wire. I couldn't help my laugh, setting the pail down and jogging over.

"What happened?" I asked as I neared. I was pleased to see that Siri was laughing too, just a small chuckle, her lips pulled into a sheepish smile.

"I was trying to get the table sheet to stay- It snagged the back of my hand though." She said, her nose crinkling up in distaste. I rolled my eyes, reaching up carefully in an attempt to unstick her hand.

"Be careful- I don't want your hand getting stuck too. That would be a conundrum." Siri warned carefully. My lips twitched.

"I don't think it would be that bad." I muttered, finally managing to pull Siri's hand free. She slipped- Then stumbled forward, nearly knocking me over. I grabbed her shoulders before she could fall over, feeling her muscles tense.

"You alright?" I asked as she straightened herself out, letting my hands slide from her arms. Siri nodded, chuckling quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Potter."

"Anytime." I said with a small bob of the head. Siri nodded, watching me with the same dark eyes that had been haunting me for the past hear. We stood in silence for a moment before I decided to speak, to say something to her that weighed down on my shoulders, just one of the many things.

"Siri?" I asked after a moment. She raised her eyebrow.

"What?"

"Hermione, Ron and I... We're- We're not going to Hogwarts this year. At all." I said after a moment, the words coming slowly, than all at once. Siri seemed to take this in for a moment, nodding before she spoke.

"Oh." She said at first, and then her next words caught me off guard. "Neither am I."

"You're not?" I could hear the surprise in my own voice. "Why not?"

Siri stared at me for a moment, resting her hands on her hips as she let her weight rest on her heels. After a moment she spoke. "I believe this is a "I'll-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours" situation. Why aren't you going back, Potter?"

My eyes narrowed. I wanted to tell her. But Mrs. Weasley could come back, and in this open area anyone could hear... "I can't tell you now."

"Then you don't get to know." Siri said pleasantly, and before I could say anything else she leant up, pressed her lips to my cheek, picked up the empty laundry basket and sauntered away, leaving me standing completely flabbergasted behind her.

-

"Ron! Hurry up!" I cried as I helped rummage through his stuff, attempting to put everything in their proper positions. Fleur's parents were coming in five minutes at least, and we had barely finished half the room.

"I am!" Ron insisted, shoving a pile of clothing under his bed just as Mrs. Weasley knocked. She briefly inspected us before giving the seal of approval, and we walked outside to meet Fleur's family. The sun felt hot on my skin, and I tried not to fidget too much as I stood in line beside Ron.

"Remember your manners!" Mrs. Weasley said lastly, straightening out Fred's hair with a soft tut. I gave a brisk nod, waving weakly at Hermione when she smiled at me from down the line. Siri was no where in sight. And then- A few seconds later a loud crack came, and five people appeared in the distance.

Mr. Weasley came into view first, smiling as pleasantly as ever, though even from here I could see the nerves in his expression. And then two older people, both well-dressed with kind smiles, and then a moment later, two figures, their pale gold and silver hair blowing back in the wind. It took me a moment to recongize Siri in the distance, but after a few steps I could begin to make out her features. It was Gabrielle Delacour who walked alongside her.

I could hear whisps of conversation as they approached, but could understand none of it, as it was all French. Finally they came to stand in front of us,

"Gabrielle!" Siri laughed as they walked up to us, shaking her head. Siri turned to us.

"Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Harry-" She listed, and I perked up when her my name came from her lips- "I'd like to introduce you to Monsieur and Madame Delacour, and Fleur's younger sister, Gabrielle." She said with a quick gesture of her hand. Monsier Delacour said something to Siri in French, and Siri nodded slowly before turning back to us with a smile that was too polite to be genuine.

"They would like you to know that they are most thrilled to have there daughter marrying such a fine man from a lovely family." She said, clasping her hands in front of her. Molly Weasley smiled, shaking her head.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to have you here." She said warmly, looking especially surprised when Madame Delacour stepped forward, embracing Mrs. Weasley's arms kindly and pecking her check.

"It iz lovely to meet you, Molly." She said with a smile, and with a smile Molly nodded. The adults exchanged few pleasantries, occasionally with Siri as translator, before walking inside for tea. Most of the kids dispersed, glad to be free of the line up, but I hung back to watch Siri and Gabrielle talked, amused by the quick way they spoke, and especially curious at how Gabrielle's pointing at me.

"Je serais mieux! Je suis gentille et jolie. Vous êtes étrange et sauvage, sans intelligence et une volonté de mort." Gabrielle said in a petulant tone. Siri's eyebrows raised.

"Gabrielle, se taire avant que je t'ai blessé. Allez, avant que je perds patience. Courir le long, de petite fillette." Siri murmured lowly. Gabrielle's pretty eyes narrowed, staring at Siri stubbornly for a moment before she stomped off, blonde hair flying in the wind. I turned to Siri then, surprised.

"You know French?"

"Being that I was living there, it was kind of compulsory." Siri said with a small shrug, running her fingers through her hair. I nodded slowly.

"Oh. Right."

Siri grinned then, and in a moment of rare affection, her arms went around my shoulders as she lead my inside.

"How about some tea, Potter?"

*

* *

* * *

* * * *

* * * * *

There we have it! First chapter of the new story!

I apologize if the French is awful, as I don't speak it and google translate is not the most reliable! Also, this chapter is very briefly edited. I'll try and go back sometime later and edit out any mistakes, but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting.

I'll publish the second when I can!

Luv ya,

Lily

(P.S The lovely graphic that you may or may not be able to see depending on my ability to upload it properly was created by lovely Tumblr user readingisloving.tumblr.com. Much thanks to her and the others she has done for my stories!! All credit goes to her)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1K 79
After the war, Hermione Granger was excited to go back to Hogwarts for her final year. Voldemort was gone, Harry, Ron and her had somehow managed to...
24.9K 539 15
Nobody knew who she was, not even her. A mysterious girl returns to the wizarding community of Britain, only to bring chaos with her. -- Set in Harry...
13 0 37
This is a story about a girl lost in the wizarding world. She has no parents, all she knows is that they're alive. Her father and mother both left be...
37.3K 1.8K 17
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 4 of the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly recommend that you read the first three before this one. With attacks at t...