My Forbidden Sentinel

By Kwin_23

She's forbidden, but she loves her. More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 2 - Someone Else
Chapter 3 - Jealous
Chapter 4 - No Saint
Chapter 5 - Almost There
Chapter 6 - Secret Love Song
Chapter 7 - Lisbeth
Chapter 8 - It's You
Chapter 9 - Stupid in Love
Chapter 10- Friends
Chapter 11 - The Mess I Made
Chapter 12 - Stay With You
Chapter 13 - Heroine
Chapter 14 - Crazy For You
Chapter 15 - She Keeps Me Warm
Chapter 16 - War
Chapter 17 - Family
Chapter 18 - Father
Chapter 19 : Lionheart
Chapter 20 : Truth
Chapter 21 : In Between
Chapter 22 : Secrets
Chapter 23 : Reality
Chapter 24 : Reunion
Chapter 25 : Remorse
Chapter 26 : Mine
Chapter 27 : Letting Go
Chapter 28 : Choice
Chapter 29 : Surrender
Chapter 30 : Again
Chapter 31 : Bestfriend
Chapter 32 : Daddy Issues
Chapter 33 : Decision
Chapter 34 : The CEO
Chapter 35 : Reason
Chapter 36 : Half Alive
Chapter 37 : Amnesia
Chapter 38 : I'm Yours
Chapter 39 : Haunted
Chapter 40 : Broken
Chapter 41 : Why
Chapter 42 : Beside You
Chapter 43 : Bliss
Chapter 44 : Escape
Chapter 45 : My Forbidden Sentinel
Epilogue
Author's NoteπŸ—¨

Chapter 1 - Hello

11.2K 167 3
By Kwin_23

"What shoud I do, bes? I love her so much I can't imagine my life without her!"

Vannah, my bestfriend, has been growling like a dog for an hour. She's crying so loud that it really hurts my ears. Plus the fact that people are looking at us like we're sort of aliens! Damn! I wonder how I'm keeping up with this bestfriend of mine for years!

We're at the cafe located at the seaside of the SM MOA for nearly two hours now. The first words that came from my bestfriend's mouth when we arrived are "Fuck you Gene!", then she started to blab about how they met. How they fell in love. And how Gene dumped her for another girl.

Okay, let me get this straight. Vannah's my bestfriend since my diaper days. Mom said we're playmates since our toothless days. We went to the same school since nursery and we're inseperable since then, up to now that we have our own flower shop.

Since Vannah's my bestfriend since we were inside our mothers' tummies (our mothers' bestfriends, too!) I can say that I know her too well, in all aspect of her roots and skin. And yes, Vannah's a bisexual.

At 24, she already had six girlfriends since she learned how to french kiss when we were in Grade 9. Mind you, the woman she shared her first kiss isn't her girlfriend yet that moment they decided to fight with their tongues.

Vannah's parents were so open-minded they were able to accept the sexual preference of their daughter. At first, my parents find it hard to accept that I'm friends with a bisexual, but since they're friends with her parents since time immemorial, they were able to understand my bestfriend and our friendship.

"C'mon bes. There's no used in crying like a hopeless, ugly, pathetic woman here! She has already dumped you! She's so stupid. She doesn't even know you're one in a million."

She curved her lips to form a smile.

"Okay. Thanks for saying that I'm one in a million, but really? Do you really have to say, hopeless, ugly, pathetic woman? Is it really necessary?"

I looked at her with guilt evident on my face. Okay, that was beyond of what I supposed to say. I gave her my famous puppy eyes look.

"Oopps. Sorry about that, bes. I didn't mean to say you're ugly. Or pathetic. Or hopeless. Of course, we won't be bestfriends if you are."

And I let out a chuckle that made her pout.

"Bes naman! You're supposed to comfort me here! You're bestfriend's so heart broken and yet you're making fun of me!"

She looked like she's ready to cry again so I hurriedly hug her so tight, hoping she won't be able to able to shed a tear because of the tightness of my comfort.

"Aray naman bes! Easy lang kasi! Sakal yan e. Hindi comfort hug!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry na. So, what are we going to do with your Gene? Have you two talked after the break-up?"

Mabilis itong umiling. Honestly, Vannah's been with Gene for only a month that's why I can't understand her sentiments right now. Hello, isang buwan pa lang naman sila para umatungal siya ng ganyan. But then again, I can never tell since I'm not in her shoe. Who am I to judge anyway? In the first place, I haven't since Gene. Even her shadow. I was in Canada for a month and I just came back yesterday.

"She's not picking up my call! She won't answer my texts as well! She's not in her condo everytime I bang her door! I can't reach her, Sab. What should I do?"

When she calls me Sab, I feel cringed.  It feels like she's really in a serious shit. I'm used of her calling me bes.

"Maybe, she doesn't really wanna talk to you, bes. Maybe, it's time for you to move on."

Sunod-sunod itong umiling.

"I can't, Sab. I can't. I love her so much I didn't know I was capable of loving this way."
Parang gusto kong maawa sa kanya at mainis kay Gene. Kasi naman, kahit maingay ang bestfriend ko, she's really one in a million. She's the kind of friend you would wish to have. Maasahan. Tapat. Totoong kaibigan. This is the first time I saw her like this.
She looked so devastated. Naka simpleng shirt lang siya and jeans. Ni hindi nga nakapag lipstick at nakapag kilay man lang. Humpak din ang kanyang mga pisngi. She looked like she's been stressing out herself lately.

"I'm sorry bes. I wasn't here when you needed me most."

Ang alam ko two weeks na silang break ni Gene. She caught her with another girl in her condo. Instead na magalit si Vannah, siya pa mismo ang nakiusap kay Gene na huwag siya nitong iwan. Vannah said she knew that Gene's been slipping away a week before they broke up, but she chose to ignore that feeling. Hoping that they could still work things out. Only to find her precious Gene, banging another woman's p***y.

The nerve of that woman!

"It's okay bes. All I want right now is to get her back. Please, help me. Please."

I looked at her pleading eyes. This will be the first time that she'll be asking for my help. Ako kasi lagi ang humihingi ng tulong sa kanya parati.

"Okay. Just tell me how can I be of help. I will help you, at all cost."

She held my hand with a smile on her face.

"Thanks bes. I know I can always count on you."

I nodded at her and we hugged each other. I sighed in defeat as her head's leaning on my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you'll be okay with this, babe? I can come with you."

That's Elvis, my boyfriend for four years. People say that he's perfect. We're perfect. I met him when I was in my second year college. He's a third year business ad student way back. Ako naman, nasa interior designing ang linya ko. We became friends and he courted me since then. I gave him my yes right at the very day of my graduation. 

"Yes, babe. Don't worry yourself too much. I'll call you later. Okay?"

"Okay babe. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Then the line went dead. Elvis is now the acting OCC on a textile company owned by their family. I don't want to bother him since I know that he's busy.

Nakatayo ako at this moment sa harap ng pinto ng isang condo. Yeah, condo ni Gene. Vannah asked me to talk to her, at least try to make things work na makapag-usap silang dalawa since iniiwasan nga ni Gene si Vannah.

I honestly don't even know how can I help my bestfriend, pero para sa ikakapanatag ng loob niya ay pumayag akong puntahan nalang si Gene sa condo nito para makiusap na harapin ang bestfriend ko. It's quite awkward since this will be the first meeting with her tapos mag-iinterfere pa ako agad sa relasyon nilang dalawa ni Vannah.

But anyway, I was left with no choice but to help my bestfriend. At least, I was able to offer my hand for a help.

Tatlong beses akong kumatok bago bumukas ang pinto. Hindi kasi bumukas ang pintuan kahit limang beses ko nang pinindot ang doorbell.

Isang babaeng magulo ang buhok ang bumungad sa akin. She's tall, matingkad at matapang ang aura ng kanyang kaputian. Her hair's blonde at hanggang tainga nito, magulo at wala sa kaayusan pero bumagay pa rin sa kanyang mukha. Her lip's shapely as if she's making less effort to seduce anyone to kiss her. Hey eyes' so sensual na para bang tagos hanggang kaluluwa ang tinging binibigay niya sa akin. She's on her boxer shirt and jogging pants with sweat flowing all over her face and body.

Fuck, she's so ruggedly handsome!

"Yes, Miss?"

That voice! Damn!

Napailing nalang ako sa mga naiisip ko. Really, what's happening to me? I was like, I was mesmerized as if I was under a spell. No, scratch that. I was left speechless. Literally.

"Miss?" Ulit pa nito. This time, tinapik pa nito ako sa balikat.

"Ooppss, sorry."

Is this Gene? Fucking no!

"Yes? How can I help you?"

Luminga-linga ako sa paligid. Hindi para macheck kung may tao sa likuran ko or sa gilid namin. Kundi para maibaling sa iba ang aking atensyon to ease the nervousness I feel right now.

"Yes?"

Inulit pa nito, impatience is reflected on her face. Bigl tuloy umurong ang dila ko. Damn, I know I am confident about myself but this woman in front of me is very intimidating!

"Uh, I just want to ask if a certain Gene is living here?"

I have this feeling na siya yung Gene na hinahanap ko. Hindi ko lang talaga iniexpect na eto yung Gene na makakaharap ko!

Damn you, Vannah!

I saw her lips twitched as if she's surprised that I am looking for someone I don't really know.

"Babe. What's taking you long? Kanina pa ako naiinip."

Nagulat naman ako sa babaeng sumilip at sunulpot nalang bigla sa likuran ng taong kaharap ko. Why wouldn't I? E nakatapis lang ito ng tuwalya at magulo din ang buhok, the same as the woman in my front. Hindi naman ako tanga para hindi mahulaan kung anong milagro ang ginagawa nilang dalawa.

"Yvonne! I told you to stay inside! Go back!"

Inis namang tumalikod ang babaeng nadala lang sa kilay ang kagandahan, pero bago paman ito makatalikod ay nakita kong inirapan muna nito ako.

"Sorry about that. Yes. I am Gene. What can I do for you?"

Para naman akong natauhan. Nawala lahat ng confidence na baon ko. Nakalimutan ko din lahat ng script na pinagpuyatan kong gawin at immemorize. Nagpractice pa nga ako nun sa harap ni Elvis.

Matiim ang titig nito sa akin, tagos na tagos, habang nag-aantay ng susunod ko pang sasabihin.

Fuck. Nalulula ako sa presensya niya. Kakalbuhin ko si Vannah pag nakita ko siya!

Ilang sandali ang lumipas na wala akong nasabi at siya, nakatingin lang sa akin. Ng matiim. Ng marubdob.

"Oh my god! I can't do this. I'm sorry."

Then I left. Mabilis pa sa kidlat akong tumakbo paalis sa lugar na iyon. Paalis sa harapan ng babaeng iyon.

I can hear my heartbeat as I went inside my car. Ang lakas ng kabog ng dibdib ko. Hindi dahil sa takot. Kundi sa ibang dahilan na hindi ko mapangalanan.

I hurriedly fish my phone out my pouch and dialled my bestfriend's number.

Nakadalawang ring muna ito bago nito masagot ang tawag ko.

"Yes?"

"Vannah!"

I know I sound stupid right now but I don't give a damn.

"Bes! Why do you sound so frantic? Hey, something happened?"

Worry was evident on her tone. I can sense that she's wondering as well why do I sound this way.

"I'm sorry but I can't do this. I can't talk to Gene."

I heard she heaved out a sigh on the other line. It seems like she's losing all her hopes.

"But why, Sab? I thought you'll gonna help me."

May panlulumo sa boses nito.

"Yes. I will, but I'm not ready and I don't know how to be of help. I'll try again next time. Okay? I'm sorry bes."

She let out another sigh again. Ako naman, hindi ko alam bakit ganito nalang ang reaksyon ko.

"Okay bes. I'll call you later."

And she ended the call. Alam kong disappointed sa akin si Vannah. Ni hindi ko nga nasabi sa kanya na kakagaling ko lang sa condo ng minamahal nitong si Gene.

Nahampas ko ang steering wheel sa sobrang frustration. I just realized that I really look like a fool right now, rushing out of her sight in that way. Damn.

Napaigtad ako ng makarinig ako ng katok sa bintana. Here comes the abnormal pace of my heartbeat again. I slowly opened my car's window.

Isang nakangising Gene ang napagbuksan ko.

"Why the rush? Anyway, nice meeting you Sabrina. You look sexy as hell."

Did she just mutter my name sexily? Fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 339 1
Lauren Herrera is a young, beautiful vampire. They call her a beautiful mystery. She has a dark past, and her life is full of secrets that only her b...
146K 9.1K 26
"You're mine Pinky. Makipaghiwalay ka man sa akin ngayon pero sa akin pa rin ang balik mo.." -- Cedric Dalawang taon ng hiwalay si Pinky sa kanyang e...
31.8K 892 22
HER SERIES #1 Aubrey is head over hills towards Antoinette since they where a kid. Catching 𝘩𝘦𝘳 attention to make 𝘩𝘦𝘳 fall inlove to Aubrey. Kn...
10.4M 566K 22
[PUBLISHED under LIB] #1. "If pleading guilty means protecting you, I will."