Born for Royalty

By XxNixonxX

He was a prince. She was a guard. When Isandra's past catches up with her, her job of protecting the royals g... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thrity-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Get out the Alcohol
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part One)
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part 2)
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Born for Loyalty
Born For Loyalty ~ Chapter One

Chapter Twenty-Four

148K 4.2K 727
By XxNixonxX

"You call this dinner?"

Alex looked up at the burnt sandwich and shrugged, "I tried, it's not my fault the cooks weren't cooking tonight,"

I smiled shaking my head at his failed attempt to make my favourite sandhich, well it wasn't that burnt, I guess.

It was the taste that counted, not the looks. After all it really wasn't his fault the royal family were going to the Russian's Prime Ministers house for dinner. And it wasn't his fault that they only needed eight guards leaving the rest of these behind.

I took a hesitant bite to realize it was gone bad, he must have left it for too long in the sandhich makers, "Mmm, this is delicious," I lied forcing myself to swallow it. Damn it I should have gone and had lunch in the afternoon, I was starving.

Alex beamed taking a slice for himself. I tried not to laugh as his face changed colour and he spat it across the table.

"The tomato was half rotten,"

"Oh gross,"

I said taking a napkin and spitting out the mouthful I had. 

"Let's go out for dinner," he stood up wiping the crumbs off his shirt. At the mention of going out it reminded me that Carter owes me dinner, well for my banana baby anyways.

"Actually you go, I have plans,"

"What plans?" asked Alex with a raised eyebrow.

"Carter owes me a meal, I'm going to make him regret ever offering," I said, he said dinner, not a date.

"Poor guy, have fun," said Alex giving me a kiss on the cheek before rushing off, probably to use Listerine to get the foul taste out of his mouth.

I got up throwing the bread in the bin and placing the plate in the sink and headed off towards Carter's room.

My tongue swept over my teeth trying to erase the foul taste as I knocked on his door and I was surprised to see it open before I even finished.

"Isandra,"

"Um, hi?" I said feeling a bit embarrassed he caught me with my finger up my mouth trying to get rid of a tomato.

"Wassup?" I asked discreetly wiping my finger on my pants, these jeans were old anyways.

He raised an eyebrow and leaned against the doorway amused, crossing his hands across his chest, "I"m sure you didn't come here for small talk,"

I shrugged, that was true, "Yea I came for food, let's go I'm starving,"

Carter smiled shaking his head and instead of ducking inside to get his wallet, yes he was paying, he owed me, or jacket he just stepped forward closing the door, making me step back to put some distance.

"I'm cooking," he answered at my unsaid question as I raised an eyebrow. I groaned.

"Hey, I am a brilliant  cook," he said looking at the expression on my face as I followed him back towards the kitchens we came for.

"Well better be, because Alex just failed,"

"So that's why you came to me, for food? Heart broken," he said placing a hand on his chest and I rolled my eyes.

"The truth is harsh," 

I got back  on the same seat and smiled, it was still warm and laughed to myself, gross

"Good think I can handle the truth," He said and I rolled my eyes. This guy was going to make rolling my eyes a serious bad habit.

"Okay what are you making me, some pasta? Oh yes with olives and some bad bad cheese and make is greasy, hey maybe lasagna!" I said feeling my appetite surge.

Carter shook his head while sticking into the freezer and pulling something out, "As delicious as that sounds, I'm making Salmon,"

MY mouth dropped and so did my hunger levels, "But-,"

"I know what you said last time, but remember I said I will make it in a way you'll love it,"

"And if I don't?"

"Then I'll buy you a packet of banana lollies and yes, give you the other one back," he said as I opened my mouth.

OKay fair deal, I shrugged leaning back realizing there was no back support and straightening. His loss. I wonder what Alex was having and if he could save me some. 

I watched Carter move along the kitchen more gracefully than I ever could picking at random items from the fridge and switching the stove on while he did something else. I nodded impressed, maybe he should become a house maid rather than a guard, or whatever they are called for the male gender.

And surprisingly I had a good time making jokes and talking to him, he seemed much more casual out of uniform and I did take a few too many peeks at the way his muscles moved under his grey shirt. 

I was female, could you blame me?

"I give it eighty percent, that I won't like it," I said as he placed his masterpiece on a plate. 

A piece of seared salmon with gravy and sauteed mushrooms were on the side, I loved mushrooms. I could also see small piece of chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum in the sauce.

"Try it," he said handing me a fork and I gave him a skeptical look, it was a big piece of salmon, I was definitely going to taste it's fishy taste.

And wasn't fish meant to be eaten raw? Or was I watching too many weird cooking shows?

I stabbed a mushroom and placed it in my mouth, oh god the mushrooms were good.

"The fish,"

"I"m getting there," I said and turned the fish over to make sure it was properly seared, even thought I had no idea what that even meant. Did it mean it was cooked on the outside but still raw on the inside.

I broke of a bit surprised at how flaky it was and closed my eyes taking a bite and nearly gagged, but I didn't gag.

I chewed and then opened my eyes to see him smiling.

"I win," He said turning around and grabbing his own plate and pulling a chair.

"I never said I liked it,"

"You don't have to, I know I'm good, and your face says it all" He said winking and I rolled my eyes. Cocky much?

But then the food was good and my stomach was happy, even if he cheated and stole two slices of strawberry cheesecake from the fridge for dessert.

"Like promised," he said holding out a banana lolly in his palm and I reached for it and he pulled away, "For a goodnight kiss,"

"Don't push your luck," I spat and he laughed chucking it at me and I caught it.

"I was joking,"

I rolled my eyes and stood up placing the lolly in my pocket, I was an idiot. Why did I even come, the lolly had been in his sweaty hands all day, it wasn't like I can eat it. He played me well and he knew it as he cleared the bench.

At least I got dinner, that was a plus since Alex can't make sandwiches anymore. I guess his cooking skills dropped.

"Ah man," I groaned taking a napkin and wiping the bottom on my shirt where sauce was all over it, did I have to eat like a pig?

"I liked this shirt," I muttered rubbing the sauce off, please tell me the washing was going to get rid of it.

"I like it too,"

I looked up forgetting he was still there and shook my head, "Whatever, goodnight and thanks for dinner," I said, Alex raised me well, I still had some manners in me.

He nodded and I turned around heading back to my room. I decided to take the long scenic way since my stomach was too full and I felt bloated, who knew I would enjoy Salmon. I tugged at my white shirt, this was my only white shirt that fitted perfectly and matched my black jeans, I really did hope the wash could get rid of the stains.

Or else grey stains from the mushroom sauce would forever haunt me. It wasn't I passed the mirror wall in the main foyer I realised his sly comment that he liked the shirt as well.

My mouth dropped open and I gritted my teeth, the nerve. Under bright lights you could see my bra, and the kitchen had way too many lights on.

"That arse hair," 

****

"Hey! Wasn't your ass on headlines?"

I faltered mid step and turned to the side to see some teenager holding a massive expensive  camera, did people think just because they buy expensive cameras that they get great photos?

"Excuse me?" I asked as I heard someone chuckle from beside me.

"You were on the news about saving the prince, and your butt was headlines!"

I winced was that picture still making headlines? I felt my face turn red, and it wasn't from the heat of following the royal family in town either.

"Can I take a picture now?"

I gritted my teeth and before I could respond his mother hushed him away and I turned to look at the laughing man, "It's not funny...sire," I added quickly knowing Alex was somewhere close.

"Oh, but it is," said the prince before looking away and catching up to her Royal Catherinapainintheass. They should get her ass to make headlines, if the camera didn't break.

 I followed behind them at a distance trying to do my job. I could see Alex stare at me from time to time and I knew why, this was the closest I had been to Catherina since the incident and I was sure he thought I was going to use the gun that was tucked into my shin. 

I was.

I just needed to find her alone and by herself. I looked at the ground as they stopped every ten steps to take a picture to take gifts from the crowd.

"You look very happy,"

I looked beside me recognizing that accent anywhere and smiled seeing Demetri and my smile widened.

"What are you doing here?"

"They needed extra security and I volunteered," 

I broke into a smile and walked along with him as he told me the changes the city was going through. They were building a new town hall so they could fit more people in but to do that they had to destroy homes that were in the way.

"They can't do that," I said frowning, "Why can't they just call the current town hall out of bounds and re-construct it, or expand?"

Demetri shrugged bending down to pick up a rose a teenager chucked at him, and she blushed when he winked at her. 

"The council isn't that smart,"

The clearing of a throat broke me out of conversation and I looked over to see Jax and Catherina staring at me, no glaring.

"Your paid to protect us, not hit up other guards,"

I gritted my teeth at her and looked at Dem who shrugged and walked the other way and looked back at the royal couple, even Jax seemed to glare at me, well he deserved it.

You didn't kiss someone after you dance with a whore, who knew where those lips had been before.

I walked closer towards them suddenly the gun near my shin feeling hot, maybe I should hold it in my hand and see if it still works.

"Prince Xavier can I take a picture with you?"

Jax looked to see a cute boy smiling up at him, he would have been no older than fifteen years. Jax smiled moving closer while Catherina wrinkled her nose.

"I would never let a commoner touch me," she said taking a flower that someone was holding out.

"That's a shame because I wonder how many germs that rose you are holding has," 

Her face turned slightly pale as she looked down at the yellow rose and I smirked, b*tch.

After that I kept close behind them and Catherina didn't say any more remarks, she accepted the flowers and gave them to the guards that were collecting them. I wonder what happened to all these flowers and presents they were collecting. 

It was their last day here which mean this was their last appearance before we were flown back., I frowned, I didn't want to leave. I just got here.

Someone tugged my hand and I looked down to see a five year old smiling at me.

"Hello," she said shyly and I smiled back.

"Hi,"

She held out a red box and I stared at it and at Catherina who was too far down to call, "Do you want me to give this to the princess?" I asked, even if she really wasn't a princess.

She shook her head, "This is for you," she said.

"Me?" I asked taking the box. She nodded and I bent down kissing her cheek, "Thank you," 

I opened the box and my mouth nearly dropped staring at the item inside, it was a silver anklet with three bells on it that was the hook.

"I can't accept this," I said looking at the anklet, it looked like it was made of real silver.

I traced the soft snake like band to realise it felt heavy, was this real?

"Please do, it would be an honour," I looked up to see the kids mother staring down at us, "We earn a gold store in the corner, I gathered that gift for the prince's fiancee but my daughter thought you deserve it more and I couldn't agree more,"

I shook my head standing up, "That's beautiful, it really is but I-,"

"You must, your mother would appreciate it too,"

I paused my gaze breaking away from the anklet to her face, "You know my mother?"

"Of course, everyone here knows your mother, we all think you look like a spitting image of her,"

I swallowed feeling my eyes start to sting.

"Take it, for you," I looked down at the little kid and smiled. 

"Thank you,"

I walked in a daze after that, my feet carried me and I felt the box get heavier with every step in my pocket. My parents were a mystery.

I knew they weren't dead, but I have no idea who they really were anymore. Alex was all I had ever since I knew my surroundings. 

As a kid I was told they were away on a mission. As I grew up I had the hope they would come back one day.

But they didn't and everyone assumes I was old enough to know the truth, that they were never coming back but one was never old enough to hear that news.

Age had nothing to do with the news.

It didn't help that the streets were crowded with happy families. Alex was all I had, and he never let me feel alone, he was more than just a father and a mother. 

"Hey, you," the sound of someone clicking their fingers at me made me look up to see it was Catherina, again. What the hell did she want and why was she calling me like I was some type of dog?

"Yes?" I asked trying not to glare at her as she fanned herself.

"Go get me some ice-tea,"

I raised an eyebrow at her and looked at Jax who was too busy sighing someone's book like he hadn't heard.

"I'm not your servant, I'm your guard, I can't leave your side," 

She looked at me raising her eyebrow with a skeptical look on her face, "You are what I want you to be and you will do what I say, are you forgetting who you are talking to?"

"Don't talk to her like that!"

I looked up surprised at the voice to see it was Demetri that stood up for me. He should have been the one who kissed me instead of these two spineless jerks, well the prince since Carter was no where to be seen.

But then Demetri was happily married with a child on the way, so that ruled him out of the equation a long time ago. And I loved Leila too much to cheat on her husband, even though she told me many times that I could over the phone when we did talk, rarely. 

"I can talk to her however I want, who are you to tell the future queen what to do,"

Dem looked angry and I didn't see that sight too often, "I think you forget you aren't my queen, I don't answer to you,"

I wasn't sure whether to be slightly cautious that a crowd was starting to form or be proud he had my back.

"Catherina don't cause a scene," Jax finally spoke up and I raised an eyebrow, that was what he was going with, don't cause a scene./

She huffed turning around and grabbing his arm tugging him along muttering 'commoners' under her breathe. Did she forget that the people she was meant to impress could hear her?

 "You okay?"

I looked at Dem who was looking at me concerned, I shrugged, he doens't know half the stuff she did.

"You know I can't stand it when she talked like that about you, do you know how privileged she is to have you as a guard. You are-,"

I shook my head, I wasn't as good as he rubbing it.

"One day I'll need to save her life, that's the irony," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 377 16
Olivia's next in line for the throne - but it's wanted by somebody else by the name of General William. He's out looking for her, dead or alive. Whic...
66.9K 3.4K 23
❝you were supposed to protect me, but now look who's protecting who my bodyguard.❞ Jeon Jungkook the mysterious hot strong and popular guy, hired the...
219K 9.8K 57
Working at a private security agency has its perks. The downside? Being the personal bodyguard of spoiled, rich heiresses like you. But there are thi...
552 41 42
She had no clue till she was needed. Kept in the dark her whole life but then they needed her. She was ordinary but then a life she forgot calls her...