EMPYREAN [ re-writing ]

By isya-sky

【COMPLETED】 ✔ [ 𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟! ℝ𝕖𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔻𝕣𝕒𝕗𝕥 ] • 𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓎𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓃 • adj... More

WELCOME
NOCTIFER AND EMPYREAN
PART 1: THE BEGINNING
01. A SECOND CHANCE

02. OF A BEDRIDDEN ANGEL

732 106 108
By isya-sky

       The tumultuous sound of the ambulances and police cars brought Lucifer on edge. After the two of them fell into the river and had Lucifer swum to the closest riverbank. The first responders, such as EMS responders and police officers, appeared, zealously helping Lucifer and the human girl.

Initially, Lucifer wanted to lash out and say, "no, thank you very much! I can help myself!" but he refrained. He knew he needed to act like a man that had just cheated death—which was ridiculous since Death wanted nothing to do with him after Lucifer pulled a little stunt and caused millions of deaths. The poor cloaked figure needed to work overtime because of him.

To Lucifer's absolute humiliation, the medics had forced him to lie on a stretcher and strapped him down—if the medics were weirded out by how strong this wounded accident victim was; they said nothing. This handsome blond-haired victim also was glaring murderously at them.

They carted Lucifer off to the waiting ambulance. He wriggled on his stretcher, his ethereal blue eyes scoured for the girl. Worried and afraid for her. There she was, being inspected by a male medic, still at the edge of the riverbank. She was pale and her lips blue. Her heart barely beating and she was tethering on the edge of oblivion. Lucifer felt a violent surge of protectiveness. All he wanted to do was go to her and shielded her from the dangers of the world.

He immediately squashed the thought. No, Lucifer, you buffoon, she's not Celestine. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The medics settled him down in the ambulance. The woman with twinkles in her brown eyes examined Lucifer. She looked strictly professional as she treated Lucifer's bleeding wound with a clean cloth. Putting pressure on her palm and covering up the fracture. But her fluttering heart betrayed her code of ethics and Lucifer could sense that, much to his frustration.

He sent her a frosty look that could make the sky snow instead of rain. Then the questions began their assault on Lucifer. It was purely for a medical procedure and a way to assess the victim's condition. But Lucifer was having none of that and so he feigned unconsciousness for the rest of the ride to the hospital. It was easy to avoid questioning when he pretended to be dead. After all, a dead man tells no tale, isn't it?

If Lucifer thought getting carried like a parcel on a stretcher was bad, he was about to get proven wrong at the hospital when they brought him to the surgery room. It was simply horrifying.

The nurses stripped him from his clothes. The attire that he had worn and never changed during his time at the Lost Sea; had been chucked away, and Lucifer muttered a silent eulogy for his clothes. The doctor prodded at every inch of his skin—it was an exaggeration of the truth—the doctor simply treated his wounds, but Lucifer was feeling dramatic at that moment.

He had to weave glamour around his body and physical appearance. He needed to resemble humans, in order to avoid the doctors and his retinue of nurses having heart attacks when they found out that he didn't exactly have a set of lungs or a beating heart.

When the doctor injected him with a healthy dose of anesthesia to sedate him, it took a mountain of willpower for Lucifer not to perk his head up and say, "boo! I'm still here with you guys in the land of consciousness!"

With that, Lucifer stayed unmoving and reluctantly allowed the humans to operate surgery on him when he clearly didn't need it. Not that the doctor particularly knew about it. He, the old doctor, had simply believed that this young man, who was bedridden on the hospital bed, was in critical condition. The poor lad didn't even respond to any stimulus and had lain still like a stiff corpse. The doctor needed and had to save him. He was sure the young man had a bright future ahead of him and it would be a tragedy if the young man succumb too soon.

Lucifer inwardly rolled his eyes when he read the doctor's mind. What is the name of this doctor? He slithered inside the human doctor's mental fortress. Just as the doctor worked on Lucifer, every touch was intrusive to Lucifer's body. Lucifer did the same to the doctor. He invaded the labyrinth of mind of the doctor like a wraith in a mist. His name was Ricky Henderson. He had a teenage son and his wife died of breast cancer seven years ago.

How utterly boring. There wasn't anything interesting about the doctor. He was just an honest old man who loved his job and his son. Lucifer withdrew from the doctor's mind. Not satisfied to any degree, his own mind flitted towards the only person who Lucifer definitely interested in and cared about. The human girl.

She was in another room, not far from Lucifer and also being operated on. But this time, it was a life or death surgery. She needed it. Her legs were wrecked beyond despair. They were crushed between the seat and the front of the car. Lucifer willed the human girl's surgeon to perform to the best of her ability. He whispered words that were only meant for the female surgeon. Pushing and stretching her ability and skills to save lives.

The female surgeon began to work harder with newfound efficiency. Her hands were instruments of mending and healing. Lucifer had willed it that way. If she failed to save the human girl, he would do by any necessary means to bring back the girl. He would sacrifice the female surgeon's life. A trade, a soul for a soul. Lucifer was willing to do it. He in his spirit form, watched the girl lay unconscious, still bloodied. Death was reluctant to let her go.

He tugged her life's thread and fused it with his power. You shall live, mortal girl. I will see to it. Lucifer continued observing the girl's surgery. Occasionally glaring at the female surgeon, pushing her skills further, and holding the girl's life thread. So be it, if he was actually playing tug-of-war with the Fates. He wouldn't allow those three old hags to snip the thread! Or else, he'd dip their precious yarns into a boiling pot full of goose fat the next time he pays them a visit.

The light of life returned to the girl's countenance. Lucifer witnessed it and he sank next to her. Everything would be alright after all. The girl would survive.

He proceeded to return to his own corporeal body. Smiling internally and happily letting Dr. Henderson perform surgery on him.

***

     The next morning, Lucifer woke up with a big surprise waiting for him. This was such a big novelty for Lucifer. He wasn't easily surprised and not much could baffle him. After all, he was the incarnation of an enigma himself. But at sharp nine o'clock in the morning, a witch, a vampire man, and a demon boy walked into his room. Lucifer could definitely think one or two jokes with that.

He was lying in his bed, pretending to be sleeping, deep in a coma, or whatever he was supposed to do after a four-hours long unnecessary surgery. He was assessing the situation through his seventh sense. Pondering what was happening. Lucifer instantly knew who was the biggest threat between the three newcomers. It was the demon boy. Hostility radiated from the green-eyed boy.

Although the witch was the most powerful between her companies and way ancient, brimming with knowledge. She didn't pose any threat to Lucifer. The vampire, was the tallest and Lucifer estimated his age to be around seventy years old in the body of a mid-twenties handsome man. The three stood awkwardly, resembling wooden soldiers, and they were surveying the room, the beeping heart monitor, and the sleeping Lucifer.

Dr. Henderson appeared.

"Hello, Mrs. Black and Mr. Black!" the doctor greeted enthusiastically, didn't show any sign of fatigue, as if he hadn't just got through a grueling surgery this morning. "Good news about your son, he's in a stable condition!" he said.

Excuse me, son? Whom are we talking about?

The witch cracked a gentle smile, a kind of smile that Lucifer began not to like. A motherly smile.

"We are glad to hear that, doc. We are so worried all night! He's our son!" the witch claimed.

Lucifer wished that this was a case of mistaken identity. He certainly didn't have a mother and his father...his father was in Heaven and if He ever met Lucifer...He would drag Lucifer by the hair back to the Lost Sea.

"Don't worry about it, Mrs. Black. Although he suffered severe internal injuries. Especially to his diaphragm, his ribs, and water had almost filled his lungs. But, amazingly, as if his body is repairing and healing itself. The boy pulls himself out from the critical condition. Although, I must worry about the swelling in his brain. We have kept him in a coma at the moment."

Oh dear, Lucifer had gone overboard in faking his injuries. He'd just on the spot made up some believable wounds for the human doctor. Although, he indeed was drowning with black seawater that had hosted some terrible aquatic monsters.

The witch made some choking, fearful noises full of concern.

"But I will leave you to him. A nurse may come to make her round of check-ups. And I should bring some MRI scans to show the result." Dr. Henderson said.

Mrs. Black the witch and Mr. Black the vampire nodded and Dr. Henderson walked away to where he came from. As soon as the doctor was completely out of sight and hearing distance. The room went unnaturally still. The three began to fidget while levelling their stare on Lucifer.

So, it's not a case of mistaken identity then.

Decided to settle this quickly, Lucifer opened his eyes and shifted his cold gaze at the three figures. The only sound was the beeping heart monitor, keeping track of an inexistence heart.

"Yes?" Lucifer broke the ice.

At the sound of Lucifer's voice, the green-eyed boy silently positioned himself in a defensive stance. His pale skin seemed cold to the touch.

The witch cleared her throat diplomatically. "She sent us here."

The room temperature drastically dropped. Lucifer narrowed his blue eyes at the witch. He had an inkling of whom the witch was referring to.

"Celestine sent us here. She wanted us to help you blend in with the human world." The witch elaborated.

"She did, did she?" That was all he said.

Lucifer seemingly to gaze at something far away. The two blue crystals in his eyes glint under the fluorescent light. Even after all he had done to her, Celestine still stayed true to him. Her kindness and love knew no bounds, even after her death. Lucifer gulped.

"So..." Lucifer began, dragging his eyes back to the three figures in front of him, scrutinizing them.

"Zara Black." He said to the witch, who was alarmed by how Lucifer could know what her name was.

"Alan Black." The vampire man.

"And Louis Black." The demon boy.

He finished and raised one perfect eyebrow. "Do you know who I am?"

The three exchanged glances warily between them.

"Yes." They said in unison.

"How can I trust you three? I am a very famous fugitive at this moment."

Zara nervously cleared her throat again. She was beautiful with an air of regal surrounding her. She wore a purple dress with bishop sleeves, her black hair flowed smoothly down to her back and her green eyes completed the look of a goddess. She was trembling with what she would reveal to Lucifer.

"My father...my father is Erebus."

"Ah! Erebus!" Lucifer smiled as the pieces began to assemble together and he finally understood. "My most faithful Children. I haven't seen him for a really long time."

"Yes, he's away now," Zara said, and the witch wasn't sure if she and her family should be relieved then. They were dealing with one of the most powerful creatures, the most dangerous Greater Demon, and being in a room with him had almost dulled her senses. The darkness that poured out of the fallen angel was suffocating and invasive.

He was heartbreakingly beautiful and his gaze was alluring, but Zara knew better. In the supernatural world, the more beautiful they were, the more dangerous and evil they would be. Zara had walked on earth for a very long time, dealing with myriad creatures, gods, and monsters. But none of them had ever come close to the man in front of her, who was faking a coma, a couple of broken ribs and had just escaped from the primordial prison.

A prison that had never let its inhabitants escape and would consume them alive. It had stayed like that forever, all the way until Lucifer finally escaped. And he had broken free in a most spectacular way. The supernatural world had been plunged into chaos.

"Yep, he's in Egypt now," Lucifer said coolly and Zara was impressed at how casually he would know things. "He's trying to unravel an ancient mummy curse. I'm sure it will backfire at him."

Zara meekly nodded. She didn't have the slightest clue about her father. The last time she met him, was five centuries ago.

"Now we are allies. My favour to you three will be very rewarding because you all are willing to help me." The fallen angel travelled his eyes to Zara all the way to Louis.

Even though the reason why Zara helped Lucifer was that it was a request from her dead friend; Celestine. It was also because having Lucifer on your side in the vampire court would definitely improve Zara's family's position. Lucifer was the creator of the vampire race. A drop of his blood had given birth to the very first vampire. Zara's father; Erebus.

And convincing her husband and Louis in this plan had been really difficult until Zara made a point about Lucifer being their creator. Now, they had Lucifer on their side.

"Well, I think now, it won't be cumbersome of me to ask for something, right? Anyone got a pair of scissors?" the fallen angel smiled angelically.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 7.9K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
4.9K 111 8
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 is the daughter of John Winchester, half-sister of Sam and Dean Winchester. Her mother remains unknown, mainly beca...
1.8M 100K 150
Twins usually mean double the joy, a two for one, a built in friend from birth. But that doesn't apply to Darius and Storm's boys. Their sons are sim...
Mahal By Rosy

Paranormal

5.2K 744 19
She is walking in the dark corridors which are barely lit, the only source of light is the torch light in her hand. As she is walking she heard someo...