Help me...

By kxxtykxt

Layla screamed out in pain as she was beaten again by her husband. He slammed her against the wall and starte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 12

342 16 2
By kxxtykxt

An awkward silence settled over the table as she sat across from her brother in the kitchen, unable to look him in the eye after what she had done just last night. She slowly moved to get up but her brother grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Layla talk to me. Now," he ordered her and sighed down at the woman in front of him. His baby sister. One he hadn't talked to in years since she married Jackson. Layla looked up at her brother, tears coming to her eyes as she stared at the face that used to look at her with love but now only looks on with disgust. She slowly curled into his arm, pressing herself against his chest.

"Tigerstar I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should have tried to contact you in some kind of way. It's all my fault," she said through sobs and curled into her brother more but her brother never comforted her. He just stood there, allowing her to cuddle into him as she cried her heart out. 

"It is your fault, Layla. I told you about Jackson. I warned you but you chose to be with him," he said then gently pushed Layla off him by her arms. She instantly tried to calm herself and clear her eyes, sniffling. Tigerstar sighed softly and frowned down at his sister, "I'm not going to apologize Layla. You're with Jackson now and I stand by my decision. You're not my sister any longer. You're just a woman I happen to know thanks to her husband being arrested. I am doing the mandatory check-in that happens to wives whose husbands have been arrested."

Layla just nodded at his words, unable to talk and not wanting to anyways. She cleared her throat as she calmed down her tears and sniffling. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" she asked softly and her brother frowned. 

"No, I am leaving. You seem to be fine and everything in shape around here. I'm going to guess Jackson is at work then?" he asked and she nodded, "good, providing for his family. Speaking of, where is your daughter?" Layla's stomach dropped and started flipping as he asked for her daughter. She swallowed carefully and rubbed her forearm with her hand gently.

"S-shes at school," she said quickly. Too quick. Tigerstar's eyes narrowed in suspicion and he took a step closer. 

"Layla don't lie to me. It's criminal to lie to a police officer. Now answer truthfully. Where is your daughter?" he asked. Layla couldn't find a proper excuse in her head and she was about to stall him by changing the subject but she was interrupted.

"I'm sorry sir but based on the Miranda rights, my wife has every right to remain silent and not answer any of your questions," Jackson said as he walked up beside Layla, just coming home to make it on time for the parent-teacher meeting. Layla turned to her husband and, gripped his hand tightly, scared of what he brother would do. Tigerstar glared at Jackson then scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. Tigerstar knew Jackson was right and that angered him more. Instead of retaliating, he turned and left. He walked out of the house, into his police car then drove off. Layla looked to Jackson and grabbed his forearm gently in her small hand.

"Jackson I am so sorry! He's a police officer and I couldn't just stop him from coming in the house! I didn't know what to say to him I'm sorry!" Layla said over and over, suddenly hugging onto Jackson tightly. Jackson looked down at her then sighed and patted her head softly.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go. We're moving now. I called the school and told them that Amelia wasn't feeling well and we were moving so we were taking her from the school. I passed by and got all of her documents. I already saw a nice little house 3 hours away in the forest so you and I can live there," he explained as he pushed Layla off him and started going through the cupboards to pack stuff away. 

Layla frowned at Jackson then looked at the house she was in. She had been here for years and didn't want to move. She mainly didn't want to move away from Cloud. She walked upstairs quickly, mumbling about going to pack her stuff. She rushed into her room and bent down beside the night table, reaching under to grab the phone. She walked into the bathroom with it, locking the door. She opened it and went through it till she found the calling app. She hesitated above the only number that was there then finally pressed it. It rung 3 times then someone picked up.

"Hello?" It was Cloud

"Hello, Cloud. Look I just called to tell you that... Jackson and I are moving. Far away. 3 hours away... maybe tomorrow or today I don't know. and I don't think I can take this phone. Well maybe I can but I don't know. I'll call or text you tomorrow morning as proof that I took the phone and everything alright... I'm sorry..." Layla said softly. Jackson would surely kill her if he caught her with a phone but she would still try to take it to have some sort of communication with Cloud. Also with her guess, they were probably moving out today or tomorrow. Silence came on the other line then a deep sigh. Nothing else was said and Layla started to worry until finally, she heard him let out an angry groan.

"You know what, whatever. Have fun. Make sure he doesn't kill you," came Cloud's voice then nothing. She stood frozen with the phone still against her ear then she slowly dropped it but held it in her hand. She took a couple of deep breaths then turned and left the bathroom. She gasped and backed up when she suddenly saw Jackson in front of her. Her eyes slowly dragged up from his feet to look him in the face. He shook his head and gave her a disappointed look, an evil smirk tugging at the corner of his lips though.

"Layla, how dumb did you think I was? Did you really think I didn't know about your phone? And you had to tell someone about us moving, didn't you? Oh, Layla. You just really pissed me off," He said as he grabbed her, yanking her away as she shrieked in fear.

------------------------------------------------------------

Cloud woke up that morning normally and spent his morning sending his daughter to school. After that, he had gone straight to work. He was an executive at a large clothing company that was very popular and expensive, to say the least. As Cloud walked into the building, he was greeted by the secretary as she smiled at him.

"Hello, Cloud! Good morning to you!" She said cheerfully and Cloud laughed softly.

"Hello, Kayla is your father in?" he asked and her smile dropped slightly.

"Yeah he's in but he's kinda upset. The shipment got busted last night," she said in a hushed voice and it caused CLoud to sigh. Great. He walked past her and to the elevator, getting in. He pressed to go to the top floor and waited anxiously as the elevator went up. As soon as the doors opened he had to duck to avoid getting hit with a binder. A yell came from his mouth and he stood back up, jumping out of the elevator as a young man ran in, frightened. Cloud watched the man then turned to hear yelling coming from his boss' open office doors. As the elevator doors closed, the yelling stopped. Cloud walked to his boss' office and knocked softly. A gruff voice called him in and he took a hesitant step in.

"Hello Zeek. I'm gonna guess you're pissed about the shipment yesterday?" Cloud asked as he walked in the office. He instantly regretted the question when he saw how many pairs of eyes were on him. He swallowed nervously and chuckled. 

Zeek was sitting at his desk with a scowl on his face although if he could, he'd be breathing fire or smoke through his nostrils. On one side of him was his brother Zack who had a kinder look on his face. On the other side, was Demon trying to calm down Zeek. Zeek's vibrant blue eyes burned through the green hair that fell over his red face from all the yelling, his hands clenched on his desk. The first thing that terrified Cloud about Zeek would have to be the fact that Zeek had 2 prosthetics. His right arm and his right leg were both metal and connected to his actual veins and nerves thanks to his daughter, Rose who was Kayla's twin. Zack's black eyes were softer than his older brothers so Cloud didn't fear him as much. They did both own the company and were his boss' though. Demon, on the other hand, was an older man compared to Zeek and Zack. Nobody knew exactly how old considering he kept his life secret from everyone at the office. Demon had odd red eyes and white hair that reached to his shoulders. The only thing Cloud found weird about him was that he only wore white and red. Right now he wore white jeans, a white shirt that had a red dragon on it and a red bomber jacket. He was also an excellent hitman. The best any of them knew. He knew everything about being guns since he was from the army and apparently used to study them a lot. Cloud had seen him hit a man from 50 km away through a small window. He usually stayed silent like at the moment.

The office was pretty laid out. Zeek's back was faced towards huge glass floor to ceiling windows that opened into a giant balcony to overlook the city. There were bookshelves on booth walls that fit to the roof and were stacked. In the corner between the wall and the window was a door to the bathroom and on the other side was a giant dresser. There was also a small area with a step where a coffee table was and on either side of it were 2 large couches. On one of the couches was the worst person in their little group, not including Zeek though, of course. Lurch. Zeek's oldest son. Kids probably ran and screamed whenever they saw him. Half of his face had been ripped apart leaving him with giant scarring. It went over where his eye was supposed to be but never hit his lip instead it looked like it went around. As if he had been attacked by some large beast. His one eye was a bright green and could only be described as cat-like in the dark. His black hair didn't help his more terrifying look. Plus the fact that he was strong and always carried around a bat covered in blood, seemed to scare people more. 

Cloud cleared his throat when he noticed all those eyes were on him. He was about to speak but Zeek spoke before him.

"Yes, I'm pissed about it. If I had gotten my shipment then I wouldn't be as fucking angry and I'd be a million dollars richer! Lot's of people are out on the streets asking for drugs you know Cloud." Zeek said as he rubbed his hands through his green hair. Cloud was about to respond when his phone started ringing. He jumped and grabbed it quickly, fumbling. He excused himself fast and ran out to the open area in front of Zeek's office that was kind of like a waiting area. He took a deep breath then answered.

"Hello?" 

"Hello, Cloud," it was Layla, "Look I just called to tell you that... Jackson and I are moving. Far away. 3 hours away... maybe tomorrow or today I don't know. and I don't think I can take this phone. Well maybe I can but I don't know. I'll call or text you tomorrow morning as proof that I took the phone and everything alright... I'm sorry..." she finished.

Anger swelled in Cloud at the thought of her just willingly going along with Jackson. Her not even trying to fight to stay. Although he knew she couldn't fight to stay, he couldn't help the rude comment he let out. 

"You know what, whatever. Have fun. Make sure he doesn't kill you," he said as he hung up. He stared down at his phone and instantly regretted it. He sighed but put his phone away, walking back into the office.

"I'm sorry about that. It was an important phone call. You were telling me about how people need drugs?" he asked. Yes, it was true. Although they were a clothing company, Zeek would sell drugs, guns, any weapons and sometimes women to make more money. Nobody questioned him because whoever found out would usually be paid off or killed. Nobody could track anything to Zeek either. Cloud was sort of part of it but he would never spend the money he got like crazy. He saved it and put it towards Hope. He would put it for her college, her school supplies, food and presents. Zeek's sigh brought Cloud out of his thoughts.

"Yes anyways, I was called a couple of days ago by someone I used to know cuz we did business before. He wanted me to bring him the same drugs he had used before and that was those strong sex trafficking drugs. Like the ones to basically knock em out and make them out of it so they would allow you to do anything to them. So I said alright I don't care. So I sold Jackson the drugs and-"

"Jackson? Did you just say, Jackson?" Cloud interrupted as he took a step forward. Zeek glared at him for being interrupted but nodded still. Cloud shook his head. No, it was impossible. He wouldn't have a reason to use that and it could be a different Jackson. But his mind couldn't stop thinking it was the same Jackson he was thinking.

"So as I was saying, he paid me a lot for those drugs but only asked for half of his shipment at the time and I would send over the next shipment today. Unfortunately, I can't fucking do that because the shipment didn't go through last night. But I gave him what I had left today and he's still expecting more to-" Zeek's explaining was cut off by the phone ringing. He answered it fast.

"Hello?... Yes, this is he... He's right here..." Zeek started talking then turned to Cloud, "It's for you." he said. Cloud's stomach started doing flips as he walked to the door slightly. Something was wrong. He grabbed the phone from Zeek slowly and answered it.

"Hello?" he said softly.

"Listen to what you've done." the voice on the other line side. Cloud was confused at first then he listened. Screaming. Crying.

"No! No please Jackson... NO! NOOOOOO! PLEASE! STOP!" Another scream. Layla's sobs were easily heard through the phone and the sound of a struggle could be made out. Layla was pulling against some sort of restraints on the other end. Jackson went back on the phone but before he could talk, Cloud spoke.

"Jackson I'm going to find you. And when I do, I'm going to fucking kill you. I'm going to put you through so much fucking pain. You'll suffer more pain than what you put Julie and Layla through," he said through gritted teeth. A chuckle came from the other line, boiling Cloud's rage more.

"I'd like to see you try," the line went dead just as Layla let out another scream and cry for help. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5M 220K 42
3 years ago, my Step Dad adopted a son. His name was Hunter. For 13 years of his life, Hunter was neglected and abused by his parents. Beaten and rap...
19.3K 340 28
**MARKIPLIER X READER FANFICTION** This is a sequel to "She's Perfect" that I made a few months ago. A lot of people really liked that one so why not...
4K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
6.9K 459 6
Blurb: Detective Layla Owens, after shooting a perp during a drug raid, was placed on mandatory administrative leave, with an "extended vacation" acc...