Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts

622 15 30
By philocalic

John's POV

"Well, that's settled then. Baby shower on Tuesday, apartment searching on Wednesday, and Graduation on Friday." John looked over the schedule. "That's a full week we have planned."

"We can make it work." Angelica shrugged it off. "Now, the baby shower will be pretty small, just us and Peggy, Maria, Laf, and Herc, and then we can tour houses and we have a full day before grad!"

"That's not complicated at all."

"Lighten up! We can do it!" 

"I mean, we did plan a wedding in a week or so," John acknowledged, leaning against the couch.

"There's so much drama in our lives. I mean, the authors should just give us a break!" Angelica sighed, looking forlorn.

"That reminds me, Alex needs to take a break. He's been running around Eliza, screaming at her not to touch that, lift this, eat that. I think Eliza is going to explode. Pregnant women and their hormones; I don't want to be around when that happens."

"So, graduation," John leaned against the sofa. "We have the rest of our finals and the we're free!"

"Easier said than done."

"Lighten up! We can do it!" John mimicked, causing Angie to laugh. "I have some plans for after grad. Meet me at the courtyard immediately after it. I have a surprise."

"What is it?"

"A surprise."

"You're no fun!"

"I am too!"

"No, you aren't! Tell me!"

"It's a surprise!" 

"John!"

John's phone started to buzz. "It's Aaron."

ILikeThatAaronBurr: Tell everyone to meet me at the hospital, Theo's giving birth.

Sent at 8:10

JohnTheProtecterOfTurtles: Congrats, man. We'll be there in a few.

Sent at 8:12

"Theodosia's giving birth." John filled Angie in.

"Isn't it too early?"

"I don't know, I don't track this stuff!"

"It'll take us at least half an hour to reach!"

"And ten more to get the rest of the crew."

"We better hurry."

oOo

Aaron's POV

Aaron remembered what it felt like to hold her for the first time. A small, fragile thing. She was all wrapped up and hey squinty eyes were shut tightly. She had the smallest tuft of hair, a small nose, and shapely lips. She looked exactly like her. When she smiled in her sleep, it was like a part of her lived on.

"Hey, we caught your texts an - " A very loud John was silenced by Angelica clapping a hand to his mouth.

"Sh! She's obviously sleeping!" Maria whisper-shouted.

"The baby or Theo?"

"Both!"

Aaron looked up at the entire crew. "This is Theodosia Burr Jr."

"Awwwww," Peggy could barely hold in her squeal.

"Where's Theo? I want to talk to her," Eliza looked around the room as Aaron flinched.

"She's, uh, she's de - " Aaron couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.

"Oh my god," Angelica sat down slowly.

"Je suis désolé pour ta perte." Laf shook his head slowly.

"Wow," Hercules couldn't even comprehend what it meant.

Eliza had gone as white as a sheet. "H-how?"

"Eliza, that's not gonna happen to you too," Alex went over to comfort his wife.

"I still want to know."

"Congratulations." Aaron said, his eyes not moving from the baby. "She's premature, so she should really be in an incubator, but I can hold her for a few minutes. The doctors say I can get her out by today; Theo's sacrifice did wonders to the baby's health"

"Let us know if we can help." John piped up. "In any way."

"Can you watch her?" Aaron said abruptly. "During my classes. We don't all have overlaps in our schedules. After we graduate, I'll move upstate with her."

"Yes." Angelica said immediately.

"I second that." John agreed. "It'll be like watching Angel! Except it's a real human bean..."

"Laurens, if you feed this baby turtle food..." Eliza warned John.

"Oh please, I am so not letting you babysit alone." Angie looked horrified. "What if he puts the baby in Angel's cage?"

"Hey, I'm right here you know."

"Or puts her in a box at night."

"You look at me like I'm stupid, I'm not stupid."

Alex scoffed. "I can argue that."

"So, baby shower on Tuesday, apartment searching on Wednesday, and Graduation an Friday. All while watching a baby." Angelica recited. "Bring the kid to grad. She's cute."

"Not cuter than me I hope?" John joked.

"A close second."

"Double awwww!" Peggy squealed with Maria putting a hand on her mouth.

"Hey Eliza, it's baby shopping time."

"TRIPLE AWWW!" This time, everyone shushed Peggy.

Aaron smiled faintly. "I'm lucky to have you guys as my friends. I know you're all trying to be lighthearted and cheer me up. It's working, I guess. Thanks, guys."

Angelica hugged Aaron. "Of course. But what happened?"

Aaron sighed. "It was either her or the baby. I don't even understand why Theo Jr. was born so early. The nurse said there was a small chance both could live... but Theo being Theo, she gave up her life for the baby." 

Eliza put her hand on Aaron's arm. "We're here for you, if you need anyone to talk to."

Aaron nodded tightly. "Theo Jr. will be discharged in a few minutes. I have no idea why, considering she was so premature, but the doctors say that Theo's sacrifice saved the baby's life; she'll be as healthy as any other baby now." 

Angelica patted Theo Jr.'s head. "I understand. Theodosia was really brave, Aaron. Don't beat yourself up about that."

Aaron wiped away a small tear. "Yeah, of course. Well, I was hoping that one of you could take her for tonight and until graduation?"

"Yeah, but it's her first day in the world. Don't you want to be here?" John asked.

"I need... time. Time to grieve, time to adjust. I need to make a lot of preparations, and I can't watch over her. I want to be her father, but I... I just need time," Aaron rambled.

"We totally get it," Angelica stepped in. "We'd love to take care of her. John?"

John nodded, his face lighting up as the baby opened her eyes in his arms. "Hey, baby Theo!" He cooed.

Aaron grasped their hands tightly for a second before heading off with a couple of doctors.

Theo Jr. yawned, and reached her hands out.

Angelica looked around the group.

"Anyone know how to take care of a baby?"

I really don't know how babies work; if one is so premature, will it be healthy? 

For this book, it is! Hope you enjoyed, and Happy New Year!

By the way, we're writing our new book RIGHT NOW! Once it's published, please check it out!

- Angie, 'Liza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 923 16
WHATS UP I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS THIRTEEN PLEASE DONT READ THIS THANKS With Anna's wedding only a few weeks away, Elsa is quite busy. But meeting up...
15.3K 240 9
In this the whole kid cast are in high school! Its just easier that way! After Logan learns a game from his friends he decides to play it, lucky for...
30.1K 670 16
Who knew over working in the Fairy Tail guild would pay off? Well apparently it did, Lucy and Natsu had been busy doing jobs together with the compan...
1.1M 44.9K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...