If We Fall (A SoMa Fan-Fictio...

By MissRomanceJunkie

Maka is realising she's beginning to grow feelings for Soul. What she doesn't know is that Soul feels the sam... More

Blinded By Fear
Feelings Begin To Surface
What If...
Lets Hope Tonight
Author Notes
The Regret
Starting Fresh
BlackStar Is the Basketball God
No Disturbing The Patients
Training
Apologies
Before The Fall
If We Fall, We Fall Together
When You Fall, You Fly
Before The Storm
Always By Your Side
Meme.
WOOHOO NEW CHAPTER

No Ones Burden

2.1K 86 27
By MissRomanceJunkie

A/N: I know, I'm so very terrible. I just haven't had it in me to write this chapter for soooo long. I know what you think, excuse after excuse but I just didn't have time and when I did have a minute to spare, I was either too lazy or having writers block. I know I promised this chapter would be better but it's a bit horrid. Ughhh sorry guys! I do however have another SoMa in the process so maybe that makes up for it a little bit ? ;')

.............

Blinded by Fear (a SoMa fan-fiction)

Chapter twelve

No One's Burden

<><><><><><><>

Making our way up the many flights of stairs leading to the school, Soul and I stayed in a comfortable silence. I had too much on my mind to talk to anyone without getting distracted anyways. I knew I needed to get in the right head space seeing as I was now at school, but I just couldn't seem to concentrate.

"Oi Maka," Soul interrupted my train of though "you gonna keep walking or just stand there all day?"

"Wha-" I began to stutter before I realised Soul was already waiting at the door to get inside and I still at the end of the stairs. "sorry."

I shook my head to try and clear my mind and hurried to catch up with Soul. The halls were crowded as usual, causing a frown to settle on my face. I always hated getting separated from Soul in a crowd. Thankfully, his white hair always had him standing out. I trailed after him as we entered our first class. Per usual on a Monday, we would have Sid a lot for our classes.

The bell rung just as I had taken my seat next to Tsubaki and Black Star. Soul seated himself on the other side of me and already began to doze off. I started to think he didn't have a enough sleep last night because I had disturbed him by crawling into his bed. Guilt instantly flooded through me. It was probably my fault for being such a fool. I couldn't contemplate how I had been so childish.

"Maka," Tsuabki whispered, snapping me out of my never ending thoughts "everyone has darted working and your just staring off into space. Are you feeling ok?"

"Oh yeah thanks Tsubaki," I smiled, hurriedly picking up my pencil and writing down what was on the board behind Sid "I'v just been a little distracted lately. Im fine though, I promise."

Feeling awful after lying to Tsubaki always came quickly but I had to deal with it. I wanted to say I wasn't fine. That I was actually frightened for everyone around me and myself. That I couldn't even do simple tasks anymore without becoming lost in my mind and forgetting everything. I couldn't though. I didn't need to worry Tsubaki or Black Star who would over hear if I said anything. I knew they had a mission coming up and they certainly didn't need to be concerned over me.

Soul looked at me skeptically for a minute before sighing and mimicking the rest of the classes actions. After about three pages of notes on techniques for hunting witches, I was more than ready to leave this class. I continued to mentally complain about how badly my hand was cramping up until the bell rang again.

Jumping up from my seat instantly, I gathered my things and rushed towards to door. I knew this period was going to be our truing sessions. Which basically translated into a free period where everyone either gossiped or actually worked on their techniques with their partners.

"Could Maka Albarn and Soul Eater make their way to Lord Deaths office," an all too familiar voice said over the p.a system "also, daddy loves you Maka."

I cringed as a few students started to giggle. He couldn't just act like a mature adult for a few seconds could he? My cheeks heated up as Soul laughed at my discomfort.

"Shut up you baka!" I grumbled, pushing past people in the hall "Its downright embarrassing."

"Ah but daddy loves his little Maka," Soul cooed pinching my cheek lightly.

I slapped his hand away and death glared him.

"Don't make me Maka Chop you," I warned.

After that comment Soul stayed quite. As we entered Lord Deaths office, we were greeted by my over excited papa. He was such a moron.

"How's my Maka doing?" my father questioned, looking like he was close to bursting into over exaggerated tears "are you sure you should be at school today? Maybe you should go home and rest more where its safe."

"Death scythe please control yourself," Lord Death sighed, motioning at my father for him to get out of the way.

After my papa had calmed down and obediently stood next to Lord Death, Lord Death started to get down to business.

"There has been rumours circulating that there was a strange influence of madness in a far off town towards the East," Lord Death began to inform us.

I felt a large lump rise in my throat like when you try to dry swallow pills. My stomach was twisting in uncomfortable ways and I felt light headed. What the hell had come over me?! I was getting weaker, I just knew it. Why was I so afraid? My hands were shaking I clenched them together and stared at Lord Death.

"Seeing as your health has improved, we had thought it would be best if you and Soul could take on this mission Maka," Lord Death said, the questioning tone clear in his voice.

He was giving me the chance to back out if I wanted to. I didn't have to do this, but I knew I had to. I didn't want someone else to take this on and get hurt. Then again, I was utterly terrified about the whole ordeal. I knew the kishin or witch, whatever was causing the madness, wouldn't be as awful as Asura, yet I was still so scared I was close to tears.

I glanced at Soul briefly who was already staring at me before facing Lord Death again.

"We'll do it," I told him, forcing my voice to sound stronger than I actually was at the moment.

All I wanted was to crawl into bed and pretend everything was ok but that was defiantly not an option. The problem may not of been on Asuara's level but it was still serious. People could get badly hurt because of this and it needed to stop now. I had already experienced it first hand. No one else needed to be put through that nightmarish experience.

By the time we had left the main office, it was already lunch.

"Are you sure about this?" Soul questioned me as we made our way towards our group of friends.

"Of course I am," I smiled, feeling sick of never telling anyone what I was truly feeling.

"You know you can tell me whats wrong Maka," Soul said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Yeah I know," I sighed, keeping my gaze on the floor "I'm just worried thats all."

Soul nodded and seemed like he was agreeing with me. It helped the weight on my chest lighten a little to know someone else was worried too.

"And Soul I-," I started to say before I was cut off by the king of idiots.

"I, Black Star, your god, has important news!" Black star shouted, running over to us from the other end of the classroom we were currently sitting in.

He gave Soul a quick high five before smiling goofily at me. His blue spiked hair seemed to be a brighter colour today if that was even possible. Perhaps I was somehow extremely sleep deprived and was starting to see things.

"Tsubaki and I are leaving for the mission next period yahoo!" Black Star boomed, following it up with a loud burst of laughter.

"We were planning on leaving tonight but Black Star wants to get to the town as soon as possible," Tsubaki added, joining the little circle we had made.

I wondered where Kid, Liz and Patty were but didn't spend too much time thinking about it.There was a large possibility Kid was re-adjusting a painting in his house because it was twenty centres meters to the right. I truly did worry about that boy sometimes.

"So Maka," Tsubaki grinned, waves of happiness flowing off of her "what did Lord Death want from you earlier?"

"Soul and I are actually going on a mission too," I replied, having an actual smile on my face "which reminds me, when do you want to leave Soul?"

"Any times cool with me," Soul yawned lazily, leaning against the wall and continuing his seemingly useless conversation with BlackStar.

"So I guess we'll go later on tonight," I grumbled, agitated by Souls lack of specific's or care.

Tsubaki chuckled at my annoyance.

"Don't get hurt ok Maka," Tsubaki said.

"Same goes for you two," I replied, motioning between her and Black Star.

<><><><><><><>

"You ready to go Maka?" Soul yelled from outside.

"I'm coming, just wait a second would you?" I shouted back, trying to put my precious items away as quickly as possible.

I knew for a fact that while we would be gone, Blair would be getting up to no good with people and parties. I also didn't trust Blair being in my room by herself. She would snoop around and go looking through my things, which is certainly not what I needed.

I stuffed my journal and a picture of my mother under my bed and rushed out of my room.

"Ok, I'm done lets get going," I said, running out the front door and locking it behind me.

Soul started his bike and waited for me to hop on. Flinging my leg over the side of it, I seated myself and made sure I was comfortable. My arms wrapped around Souls torso like always and we headed to the outside of Death City.

I just hoped I would be brave enough to face whatever was waiting for me.

(Ta-da it sucks aye but I'll update again later this week I guess. I suppose I could start putting up chapters of a new one ?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 19.4K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
147K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
208K 2.5K 32
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~π’”π’Žπ’–π’• π’˜π’‚π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ ~𝒆...
270K 8.7K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...