Tattoo Heartist

By iiLoveydoveii

Ingrid Rodríguez A 20-year-old girl who knows almost to nothing of the outside world. Her strict parents mad... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 9

84.9K 3.1K 424
By iiLoveydoveii

"Someone told me, love was only
In the movies
It don't exist in real life these days now
But you showed me
If I only just find the faith I need to believe"

Third Person POV

Tristian stared out the window of his car as he watched Ingrid go into her home. She had opened the door with her key and stepped inside. He furrowed his brows as he watched the curtain of the living room open but close just as fast. Thinking nothing of it, he looked towards the road and drove off. 

It was still early and he would have a chance to go spend some time with his mother, not that the hospital staff would say anything anyway. They were already scared of him as it is. If he wanted to he could spend the night and they wouldn't say a word.

Making it to the hospital, he went straight to his mother's room without speaking to anyone. Opening her door he noticed she was asleep as her breathing pattern was softer and slower. Sitting next to her in his usual seat, he grabbed her hand and rubbed the back of it as it made him feel safe. He looked up to the monitor to see it speeding up a bit but going back down. He looked up at his mother and saw that she was slowly opening her eyes. 

Tristian sighed as he felt like venting once again but he wasn't sure if she wanted to hear him while she'd just woken. Then again, he wasn't sure if she liked listening to him or if she could even hear him at all.

" Hey mom.. " He whispered and went silent for a while.

" It's been a pretty intense few days and... I don't really know where to start. " He shook his head as he thought back to the last few days.

" If you want me to start off on a good note.. I won the boxing match. I'm saving it all for now so we don't have to deal with Noah... Speaking of the bastard, he got me out of trouble with the law again the other day and he's giving me an ultimatum.. " Tristian sighed as his hands shook from partial anger and sadness.

" I either have to join his business and get off the 'streets' or... He's pulling the plug. Even though he hasn't directly said these words to me himself.. I know that's what it's going to come down to.... I can't bare to see you die or just never get better in general. I would be completely broken and I-I know it's selfish of me to keep you on life support without letting you go and be free b-but.. " Holding his head in both of his hands, he tried to hold the tears back.

" You're the only one making this life that I'm living worth anything... " He went soundless once again and sighed as he ran his fingers over her lifeless ones. 

" Do you remember the girl I mentioned to you a few days ago... she's starting to get under my skin and.. I don't like it. I don't like the fact that she shows me her vulnerability and we've only known each other for a few weeks at the most. Shit.. I don't even know how to respond to my own emotions. How am I supposed to respond to the ones she's making me feel all of a sudden? " He laughed bitterly at the entire situation and continued to ramble. 

" For god's sake, I punched my wall and almost fractured my hand because she sent me a fucking text message... am I that insane? Possibly because I stayed up all night dra- " He stopped speaking for a second and shook his head.

" Anyway.. speaking of her being vulnerable, the other day at the match someone spilled their beer all over her and for some reason.. she didn't act like a normal person would if they were to get something spilled on them. Instead she just.. cried. No one knew how to react or why she even started crying in the first place. I knew it had to be something behind why she started crying as hard as she was but I didn't say anything. I moved her out of the environment quickly and walked her over to the locker room. I offered her fresh some clothes and do you want to know what my dumbass did? " He looked over to her and raised his hands in the air.

" I tried to take her shirt off.. Like any person in that situation would have done right? Wrong. I tried to make the situation better and let her know that I wasn't going to do anything to her and surprisingly, she let me help her. I felt relieved at the time but when I noticed a bruise from a handprint on her arm.. it was like my mind went blank for a second... At the end of the night I tried to put the pieces together but it was hard as I didn't know a thing about her. All I knew was that she cried as if she was scared of something.. The handprint on her arm looked way too big to be her own and gripped too hard to just be 'an accident'. " 

He sighed once again as the thoughts ceased to leave his mind. Laying back in his chair, he looked out the window and noticed it was already dark. Deciding on staying the night, he got as comfortable as he could in the barely cushioned chair and closed his eyes as he dozed off into a dreamless sleep.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Waking up in a daze, Tristian checked his watch and saw that it was 7 in the morning. He noticed something on his lap and looked down. He was covered in a blanket and a new toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste had been placed on his lap along with a small note. He sat up from the position and started reading it. 

I noticed you fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you. If you need anything let me know. 

Margaret.

Placing the note on the edge of the bed, he stood up and walked over to the bathroom. After washing his face and brushing his teeth, he stared into his reflection in the mirror. He was angry at himself. Angry for not being able to take care of his mother without depending on his father who slept with a different woman every night and had no idea that he knew. He was also angry at the world. Angry for how bad it's treated him over the years and it frustrated him that it was only getting worse.

Turning off the light, he walked back out. His mother was still asleep and he didn't bother to see if she would wake up right now. Grabbing his jacket he reached for his phone and furrowed his brows as he saw he had a text message from Noah.

Bastard: I would make a decision if I were you son.. As I said before the clock is ticking. 

He rolled his eyes at the message and his head whipped to the side as a knock at the door startled him slightly. Margaret walked in slowly and gulped when she saw Tristian. 

" Tristian.. " She said softly and he responded.

" Yes? " 

She hesitated for a moment before speaking " ...Your father just called. "

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Slamming the door closed to his car, he stormed up to the front door of his father's home. He watched as the door opened showing his own personal butler, Geoffrey, that his father hired a while back to 'keep an eye on him'. Geoffrey understood Tristian on a much deeper level than his father ever would and seeing Tristian almost break the security panel at the front gate of the neighborhood from the cameras, he knew to open the door quickly for him as he would surely break the doorknob while trying to come in. Passing Geoffrey by the door, Tristian snarled.

" I'm not in the mood Geo " Closing the door, Geoffrey shrugged.

" I hadn't said a word to you sir. I could see from a mile away that you were not 'in the mood'. " Ignoring the British man, he marched over to his father's office and slammed the door open. Noah looked up at his son and smirked on the inside as he'd come quicker than expected.

" Tristian my dear boy.. what brings you he- " 

" Shut the fuck up. " Tristian cut him off and Noah's entire playful demeanor disappeared.

Tristian continued as he approached his father's desk slowly " You called the hospital to let them know that you would be stopping your payments soon? " Noah shrugged.

" It was a way to simply gain your attention. Nothing more than a small threat. " 

Tristian scoffed as he chuckled humorlessly. " Are you kidding me right now!? " 

" Tristian, you and I both know I'm not the one for laughter and games but you have not been compliant for the most part and I've grown tired of the shenanigans. It's time you grow up and start learning the world of business. "

" Go to hell. "

" If I go then, I'm sure as hell bringing you along with me. " Noah responded and Tristian turned, ready to leave.

" I wasn't finished Tristian " He said slowly and Tristian turned back while he rolled his eyes.

" What else do you have to say? " 

" I am not going to force you to comply to my wishes and since you're extremely stubborn, I know you won't accept so listen closely. " Noah stood up and rounded his desk as he made his way to the middle of the floor.

" Either you start making an 'effort' to cooperate or.. you can slowly wave goodbye to the trust fund I have saved. " Closing his eyes Tristian and took a deep breath before opening them again as they turned into slits. He didn't need that money at all but if he could use it to help him and his mother get away from the revolting man in front of him, he knew he had to think this over once again before completely declining as he normally would.

" ... What would I have to do to start trying to make an effort? " He asked and Noah replied.

" Simple. There's a small business party I'm hosting tomorrow night with my colleague. If you stopped by for a bit, that would let me know that you were somewhat committed and in a few months, if you continue to improve, that trust fund is as good as yours. " 

Tristian listened to his words and realized how much power his father was trying to have over him and his entire life. Treating him like a child, a stubborn, delinquent child at that but, there was nothing he could do about it now.. His father could easily ruin his life in moments but had chosen not to.. 

Noah extended his hand out slowly and Tristian looked down at it briefly before looking back up at him and biting his lip. Noah let out a sinister smirk and tilted his head. 

" So... do we have a deal.. son? "

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hello loves! ♡♡ I know wow. It's been at least 2-3 weeks. I'm terrible I know. I just was a bit busy and I couldn't really find the time to update. Also Wattpad has been very stupid lately with their server problems and they affect me greatly. Just know that I will be updating more frequently and trying to post each week. Much love.x

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Do you think Tristian will accept his father's offer? Why or why not?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: Glenn Travis - Feel My Love

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii 

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote ♡

Angel ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
121K 2K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
1.6M 40K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
200K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...