Managing The Mischief ~ Seque...

By xXMade2LoveXx

Set ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Managing The Mischief is the sequel to A Master of Mischief. Madd... More

~ Chapter 1
~ Chapter 2
~ Chapter 3
~ Chapter 4
~ Chapter 5
~ Chapter 6
~ Chapter 7
~ Chapter 8
~ Chapter 9
~ Chapter 10
~ Chapter 11
~ Chapter 12
~ Chapter 13
~ Chapter 14
~ Chapter 15
~ Chapter 16
~ Chapter 17
~ Chapter 18
~ Chapter 19
~ Chapter 20
~ Chapter 22
~ Chapter 23
~ Chapter 24
~ Chapter 25

~ Chapter 21

8.1K 229 281
By xXMade2LoveXx

>> 10 Years later >>

**Arianwen's POV**

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I look just like Mum did at my age. I like looking different from the rest of my family. I'm the "Black Weasley" as Papi used to call me.

Used to. I miss him. He died over a year ago, but it still feels like there's something missing. And now this.

"Ready to go, baby-girl?" Mum asks, walking in. I look around at her. Her hair is pulled into a neat bun. She's got a few streaks of silver in it, and a few small lines around her face. She holds her hand out and I take it. We walk downstairs to the lounge room. Daddy is leaning on the window with his eyes closed. Mum lets my hand go and walks over to him. She puts her arm around his waist and talks to him softly. He nods and stands up straight. His eyes are red and his mouth is pulled down at the corners slightly. I take his hand and give it a squeeze.

We get in the car and pull out onto the road. I stare out the window at the drizzle and sigh.

We pull into the cemetery and I see all of my family, their hair standing out like flaming torches. I get out of the car and walk towards Alithea. She pulls me into a hug and I put my hand on her stomach.

"Any day now," she says with a small smile, "I wish Gran was here to..."

She turns away, covering her face. Luke puts his arms around her and I look back to Mum. She's holding Dad's hand. Dad is talking to Uncle Fred who looks just as said.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," an elderly man calls to us, "please, gather round."

We all gather around the coffin. I stand next to Teddy who puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Today we are gathered here to mourn the loss of Molly Weasley, Mother to William, Charlie, Percival, George, Fred, Ronald and Ginerva and Grandmother to Victoire, Dominique, Louis, Adele, Julian, Camelia, Alin, Charlotte, Diana, Abigail, Amy, Becca, Rhea, Isaac, Alithea, Carmen, Fred, Teddy, Olivia, Simon, Paul, Laurence, Fiona, Jessica, William, Lucy, Rose, Hugo, James, Arianwen, Albus and Lily."

I can't help but smile at the long list of grandchildren, but I'm the only one. Everyone is crying. Even Daddy has tears pouring down his face. I can feel the tears drying on my cheeks and wipe them away with my sleeve.

"She was an extraordinary witch and an even more extraordinary mother," the man continues, "and though we continue to mourn her, she has gone to be with her husband, Arthur. And so, we say our final farewell."

He raises his wand and the coffin lowers into the ground. He flicks it and the soil moves on top of it, creating a small, neat mound.

"Come on," Teddy whispers. I step backwards and follow him away. Mum and Dad stay with our Aunts and Uncles. We join our cousins.

"I vill miss 'er," Victoire sighs, "I vish my children could 'ave met 'er."

"We all do," Alithea sighs, wiping her eyes, "but now we have to be strong for our parents. We have to take care of the little ones."

"We're not little," Lily sighs, "we're fifteen."

"Yes, but there's seven of you," Camelia points out, "and you're the only ones under seventeen."

"We're not babies," Alin tells his sister.

**Maddie's POV**

I leave George to go and rally the kids... Well, Arianwen, really is the only one who I have to rally, since the others have their own lives.

All of the cousins are standing together, a couple of them with their 'significant other'. Arianwen is standing slightly out of the circle, watching the others talk. As I approach I realise that they're arguing about something.

"I think that they need time," Charlotte is saying, "it would only be for a week or two, until school goes back."

"I don't want to stay with you," Diana complains, "I want to go home with Mum and Dad!"

"Well, maybe you need to think about what's best for them," Charlotte says in a way that makes me realise just how much like Percy she is.

"Ari, wouldn't you like to stay with us for a bit?" Alithea asks, "you always liked to stay with us."

Arianwen looks around at her cousins and takes a deep breath.

"I think we should go with our parents," she says in a soft, but firm voice, "they might need time alone, but they also need the support of their families. We're all fifteen now, we're not reliant on them to survive. We can do things ourselves, like make dinner and keep the house clean. I think that if we're helping them out it would be much better that leaving them alone."

I walk over and put my arm around her shoulders.

"Arianwen is right," I tell them, "right now is a time for family. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things you can go through, but it's easier with your own children around."

Arianwen leans her head on my shoulder.

"I miss her," she whispers.

"I do too, baby girl," I sigh, "come on. Let's get Daddy home."

I look over at Alithea. She looks so grown up. I cried so hard at her wedding, it was embarrassing.

"Let us know if you need anything," I tell her, "I love you."

"Love you too, Mum," she smiles.

"Bye, nieces and nephews," I smile. I walk towards George with Ari. She pulls away from me and runs into his arms. He holds her close to his chest and leans his face in her hair. I know he's trying to be strong, but let's face it. We're all getting a bit older and now we're the grandparents.

Oh my goodness, I'm going to cry!

So, in ten years lots of things have changed. McGonagall, Flitwick, Slughorn, Sprout... Pretty much all of our teachers... have gone. Arthur, Molly and Daddy. And, hardest to believe, Kingsley. Life goes on, but it's not the same without them.

Alithea is married to Luke and they're expecting their first baby in a week or two, so really any day now. Adele is dating – wait for it – Scorpius Malfoy. I know, right? What the heck went wrong with her?! Actually, he's an alright kid, and Draco's not too bad. His wife nobody likes, but we deal with her, simply because we have to.

Teddy and Victoire are engaged (this weirds me out because I look at them like cousins, but you know, whatever...) and plan to get married in the winter, goodness know why. Carmen and Fred are both working in the joke shop. They're officially going to take it over when Fred and George retire. Or, more likely, die. Olivia moved to America and became a model. Simon is playing Quidditch for England as a beater and Paul is assistant Minister for Magic... Percy is the Minister, so we've given up on Paul. Not really. *Cough*

Laurence pursued his music and is now doing very well. Fiona moved to France to paint. Jessica works with Charlie in Romania with the dragons, William and Lucy have a jobs in Diagon Alley and Arianwen is entering her sixth year at Hogwarts.

I suppose I should tell you what all the cousins are up to... But after that I'm going home. Actually, I'll tell you on the way home. Here we go...

Dominique and Louis are working for the French Ministry. Julian works with Charlie in Romania and Camelia is becoming a translator for the Romanian Ministry. Charlotte has become a teacher and is currently teaching Charms at Hogwarts. Abigail and Amy are doing the same thing as Fred and Carmen for the same reason, Becca decided to travel and so we only see her once or twice a year, usually Christmas and Summer and Rhea went a little bit wild and moved to Australia to extend the reach of Weasley Wizard Wheezes. Rosie went into law enforcement. James is playing seeker for Ireland, weirdo, and Albus is still trying to figure out what to do with his life.

Adele, Alin, Diana, Isaac, Hugo and Lily are all entering their sixth year at Hogwarts.

We're home now, so I'm going to make George a cup of tea and let he and Arianwen argue about whether ice mice or liquorice wands are better.

________________________________________________________________________

I wrote this chapter in a rush, so sorry if it's not that great. I have some semi-sad news. Due to school and such, I'm putting all my stories on hold for TWO WEEKS!! After that I'll be uploading and what not, and if I find time then I'll upload, but if you don't see any new chapters, that's why. So please be patient and all, I will be able to catch up soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932 137 11
Where Fred and George Weasley are concerned, boredom is a dangerous thing. On the first weekend at Hogwarts, Ron Weasley agrees to start a Prank War...
55.7K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
172K 3.6K 24
The instigator, the most troublesome and the chaotic Fred Weasley may be seen as a king at Hogwarts but as soon as he steps foot at home he's nothing...
2.9K 49 28
Evelyn-Grey Potter was the younger, less well-known sister of Harry Potter. She was only a few months old, on that fateful night in Godrics Hollow. S...