Walkers Book 1- Changing

Galing kay NocteLamia101

Day and Night Walkers have always hated each other. Even in our modern days with unstable peace reigning, not... Higit pa

Walkers
Part I - New and wrong - Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 1)
Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 2)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 1)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 2)
Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 1)
Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 2)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 1)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 2)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 1)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 1)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 2)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 2)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Facing the truth
Chapter 11: Confessions
Chapter 12: Confusing moments
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Uncolored
Part II - Dead To Me - Chapter 16: The new norm
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 1)
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 2)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 1)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 2)
Chapter 20: Chaos
Acknowledgements

Chapter 14: Forever Silenced

562 46 2
Galing kay NocteLamia101

Yes! Updated! Very sad chapter though if you ask me; this is when things get serious.

Picture: Sad hug

Song: These Four Walls by Little Mix (such a sad song, but beautifully written)

Chapter 14 - Forever silenced

Night Walker Code 047- Death is part of the circle of life; we do not grieve, we move on

Hayden

Despite all odds, the first thing she thought of when she awoke the next morning was Tanner. The way he had almost kissed her on the dance floor, how perfect it could have been. She kept making scenarios in her mind about what it would have been like if their lips had met; would she have liked it? But then of course, she remembered the way he’d brutally pushed her away and left her on the dance floor, alone. The Day Walker had probably done what he did because he had realised that maybe she and him being together wasn’t a good idea; she didn’t blame him. She was after all a Night Walker, and he was a Day Walker; end of story.

With a sigh, Hayden quietly got out of her bed to not wake her sister, grabbed her things and then left her room to go to the dorm showers. As she walked in the corridor, many girls stopped and stared at her, some were even pointing. Naturally she heard all the whispering, even if she tried hard to ignore it.

“That’s the girl who kissed the Day Walker.”

            “I heard that she drank his blood.”

            “I bet she did it to disappoint her parents.”

            “She’s such a whore.”  

Hayden kept her head up high and continued walking. Who would have thought that vampires were okay with her seeing souls, by when it she almost locked lips with a Day Walker suddenly no one wanted to approach her. Oddly enough, they all apparently thought that she and Tanner had really kissed, and Hayden knew all too well that if that rumour continued to go around, it wouldn’t lead to anything good.

….

When Hayden came out of the shower stall with a towel tightly wrapped around her hair and her body, she had the surprise of finding a trio of blond girls—Day Walker girls in a Night Walker dorm—waiting for her.

“What?” Hayden asked looking at them.

            “Are you Hayden Brooks?” One of the girls replied as she chewed gum. The Day Walker was in her fighting classes; Hayden recalled that her name was Danicka. She also recalled that the blond midget was a poor fighter, like all Days were. 

Hayden knew that when someone asked who she was as a conversation starter, it was never a good sign.

“You vampires do know that you’re in the Night Walker dorm, right?” She decided to point out, hoping to change the subject.

            “We don’t give a damn about where we are.” A different blond girl responded.

            “We’re here to warn you.” The third one added.

“Oh, really? About what exactly?” Hayden asked in a challenging tone; these girls didn’t scare her at all. She took a step forward and they quickly took a step back.

“If you go near Tanner Preston again, you’ll regret it.” Danicka (obviously the most courageous one) warned her, obviously trying to hide her fear.

“Seriously?” Hayden exclaimed, baffled by their demand. The Night Walker was just about to say something hurtful in regard of the girls, but at the last second she held her tongue. No, she wasn’t going to let these pathetic vampires get to her; she was better than that. Instead she smiled. “You know what? You’re vamps are absolutely right; I’ll stay away from Tanner.” She then started walking away, but turned around to look at the Days once more. “Just make sure you three stay out of my way, alright?”

When Hayden opened the door, she wasn’t surprised to see many Night girls eavesdropping. She gave them a cold look and they all began to move aside to let her pass through. It was at that moment that she was suddenly starting to regret to have even gone to the Halloween party. She should have just stayed in her dorm; it would have saved her a lot of trouble. 

Tanner

He was amazed to see that no one knew about the Dimidium-Lamia that had gotten into the school the night before. But, as it seemed, the vampires had a different topic of conversation that was making headlines.

“I still can’t believe you kissed Hayden.” Dylan said as they walked to the auditorium, a school conference had been called and everyone was to report. Tanner was certain that this time he knew that the meeting was about.

“We didn’t kiss!” Tanner replied for what was probably the tenth time, he was getting incredibly frustrated. “I told you, I don’t really know what happened. Most of it is a blur. One minute we were dancing, the next thing I knew, she was leaning in. Then I got a weird mood swing-thing, the lights went out, and then all hell broke loose.” That very much resumed the events of the previous night.

“You seem to remember everything pretty well for someone who said it was a blur.” Tanner shot him a cold look. “I know, sorry.” His friend responded shaking his head. “But you do understand that your girlfriend is a Night Walker, right? Honestly, I think I preferred when you dated Maria for thirty minutes.”

“How many times am I going to say this today?! Hayden is not my girlfriend!” Tanner exclaimed, getting a few glares from nearby vampires.

“You’re going to have to fix this.” Dylan pointed out as they entered the auditorium.

            “I know…” Tanner mumbled already deep into his thoughts, trying to come up with a plan. “I’ll figure something out.”    

They found seats at the far end of the gigantic room, away from everyone. Tanner lifted his head up to look around hoping to find his sister. He saw her three rows ahead of him, and she saw him too. Maria waved to let him know that she was going to sit with her friends, he waved back to let her know it was fine. His twin was sharing a room with him again, but this time it didn’t bother him. After the hell he’d gone through worrying about her last night, he enjoyed the idea that she was going to be near him from now on.

Despite all odds, Tanner’s gaze eventually fell on Hayden. The Night Walker was sitting four rows in front of him; his heart tightened and he caught his breath. He had been so unfair towards her. Not only had he completely abandoned her while they were having a moment, but he’d also made her rescue Maria which forced her to face down a Half-Breed on her own. What would have happened if Hayden wasn’t some sort of super-fighting-Dimidium-killing-machine? The Night Walker probably hated him now, he didn’t blame her.

“Tan” Dylan spoke, taking him out of his thoughts. “Have you talked to Jonas? I haven’t seen him since yesterday.”

“He’s probably somewhere with Viola.” Tanner answered, distracted.

The lights in the auditorium dimmed and the Head Masters stepped rapidly onto the stage, not seeming pleased. For once, everyone stayed quite as Head Master Isaac took the microphone. “I am certain that you are all aware of the reasons you have been convicted here today.” He paused and looked around, as if waiting for a response. “Last night’s events have been brought to the attention of the Walker council. At this very moment, a debate is taking place and the final decision will decide the faith of the school if it shall stay open or not.” No one said anything, too shocked to speak.

Tanner had to admit; Walker High had kept their doors open longer than he had expected. Originally he’d thought the establishment would shut down a week after classes had begun; instead they lasted nearly two month. Everyone had had two month to get accustomed to the idea of sharing a school with the vampires of the opposite specie; two months to finally accept their differences and move on. But it had all been for nothing.

Olympia cleared her throat. “The Humanas heard the music of last night’s knees up. When the bil ran the licence of the school, they discovered that it was non-existent; therefore they had come to arrest us.” She sighed. “Sadly things got out of hand.” Tanner understood most of what the principal said, but it was nothing to celebrate.  

Isaac took over. “The students that had made the first attempts of attack on the Humanas are now missing but they will be immediately expelled once found. The Government refuses to let them go without punishment.” The Head Master looked down at his feet. “However, despite all of your monstrous behaviour, we have more pressing matters to discuss.”

“Students” Olympia said in a powerful voice, bringing back the attention of those that had dosed off. “It is with great grief and much sorrow that we must inform you all that Walkers died last night.” Everyone held their breath. Tanner put a hand on Dylan shoulder, his friend was trembling. “Now I will only say the names once, because it pains me to know that you have all done this amongst yourselves.” Olympia said. She grabbed a piece of paper and cleared her throat. “We send are deepest prayers to: Milo Binds, Theo Bower, Cassidy Freeman, Liora Ghost, Viola Grimm, Jonas King, Callista Ross, Blake Rowland, Josh Trevors, Samantha Vander and Timothy Walsh; may they all rest in peace.” Normally they were all supposed to answer amen, but none a single sound was heard as the Head Mistress rolled her paper back up and stuck it in her robe. Everyone watched as the principals slowly left the stage, leaving a room full of heartbroken vampires alone.

Tanner tightened his grip on Dylan’s shoulder; his friend was rigid. “Tanner I want to leave, now.” His friend said, his voice shaking.

            “You’re right….let’s go.” Tanner responded, trying to stay calm. They both got up and headed for the doors, before anyone else thought of doing the same.

They ran outside and went behind the school, without speaking to one another. Both of them were trying their best to remain calm, despite the tornado of emotions that were taking place inside of them. Once in the far away, Dylan put his back against the wall and slowly started sliding down, his face pale and blank. When he was sitting down, his friend buried his face in his hands and started crying. Tanner’s heart felt like it was going to explode. It all seemed too real. Jonas was dead. One of his best friends since childhood was dead. He felt his eyes burning, but there was no way that he was going to start crying too, not when there was a chance someone might see him. Dylan on the other hand, wasn’t holding himself back. His friend was trying to be subtle, but it wasn’t working very well. Tanner kicked the wall, it made him feel better; he needed to do something if he wanted to restrain himself from crying. He then punched the wall, and kicked and kicked and kicked. He let out a frustrated scream as he kicked again; why wasn’t it breaking!?

He heard rushed footsteps coming their way, when Tanner turned around he wasn’t surprised to see his sister. Her eyes were full of tears and her makeup was running down her cheeks. Maria ran towards him and hurled herself into his arms, crying even louder. She and Blake had been friends longer than Tanner could remember.

“It’s okay, we’ll get through this.” He whispered as he stroked his sister’s hair. Tanner felt his twin’s tears wet his shirt, but he didn’t care. Hearing her cry made him want to let his emotions out even more. But he needed to be strong, for both their sakes, even if he felt like his heart was breaking in two.  

So sad! Six more chapters left to go!

Vote and comment

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

275K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
221 3 40
North school is a mysterious school. In 2206 the principal got murdered. and no one knows why, who done it and where her body is. Skyler is a differ...
536 86 32
Ashton has always had a laid back life, but what happens when his brother is visited by THE Luna. The number one pack has fallen due to an attack...
243K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...