Iris; [Ashton Irwin Fanfic]

By bangsirwin

Veronica Campbell was the shy, stick to herself girl. Who blushed a little bit too much, who would rather rea... More

Iris; [Ashton Irwin Fanfic]
Chapter One;
Chapter Two;
Chapter Four;
Chapter Five;
Chapter Six;
Chapter Seven;
Chapter Eight;
Chapter Nine;
Chapter Ten;
Chapter Eleven;
Chapter Twelve;
Check this out!
Oh look!
Chapter Thirteen;
Chapter Fourteen;
Sequel!

Chapter Three;

3.7K 110 30
By bangsirwin

Veronica was now in Chelsea’s messy room. Clothes, garbage was everywhere. It barely gave anywhere to walk or stretch for that matter. Veronica looked at the walls to see photos of Calum, Chelsea, two other boys and Ashton. She smiled at Ashton’s smile in the picture. It was wide on his face, showing off the dimples he had on his cheeks. If only he would smile like that now. Her thoughts were interrupted by Chelsea. “Are you staring at your boy toy again?”

“Chelsea, he’s not my boy toy for heavens sake.” Veronica’s cheeks were red, which was starting to annoy her. Does she have to blush all the time when she even thinks of Ashton? Chelsea snickered and pushed her shoulder a little. Veronica just rolled her eyes and sighed. “Do you think he’s lonely?”

“Ashton? I guess. You can only go so long by yourself but at the same time, he does have a sister and his drum set.” Chelsea shrugged at it and walked away. Ashton played the drums? Veronica had a small smile just imagining him playing them. Does he still play since he got blind? There was so many questions to ask Ashton that he probably would never answer. “Okay, stop thinking about him and come on over for me to do your nails.”

“What colour?” Chelsea held up a red polish, and Veronica nodded. She hopped next to Chelsea on the queen sized bed. Sitting indian style, Veronica held out her hand for Chelsea. “Thank you for asking for me to come over. I would probably be re-reading one of my books that I’ve probably read a million times already.”

“Jesus, you’re a book worm, aren’t you? Anytime! I didn’t have many friends friends before you showed up. I legit hung around my brother and his friends all the time. I had no friends who are girls to hang out with. So, thank you for showing up.” Chelsea giggled as she painted Veronica’s nails slowly and precise. Veronica looked at Chelsea’s nails to see they were a light shade of blue, and the light was reflecting off them. Veronica sighed as she felt relaxed and didn’t have to worry about not making any friends, since she only needed Chelsea. She just hoped she doesn’t screw it up. “I think my shitface brother is interested in you. He wouldn’t shut up about you.”

“The hump machine?” Veronica giggled thinking about Calum being interested in her. He was cute, she admitted but would she date him? She doesn’t know. She never had a boyfriend before and she would be awkward. She hasn’t even had her first kiss! Chelsea sighed, nodding at her. “He’s interested in me? Are you sure you are correct?”

“Yup, he kept texting me asking what you liked, what’s your favourite flower. I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up tomorrow with roses for you. Oh, yeah I told him that you liked roses because he cornered me. My brother is a pain, I feel bad for you.” Chelsea laughed as she finished painting Veronica’s right hand and started on the left, Veronica imagined going to school tomorrow and Calum showing up with roses for her. She would think it was cute that he would make such a grand gesture for her. “Just if you do get together, which I know it won’t since you’re so hung up on Ashton to do that, just don’t tell me, please? I don’t want to know him and your ‘adventures’ together. I cringe just thinking about my brother doing anything with anyone.Well, except Luke, that wouldn’t be surprising, to be honest.”

“Noted.” Veronica shook her head at Chelsea. She doubted that Calum or anyone would ever want to do anything with her anyways. She was awkward, shy and almost a loner. She wasn’t the cool kind that everybody wants. “For you information, I’m not hooked up on Ashton or anyone. Unless it’s Johnny Depp then yes but if not, no.”

“Oh, please. You are so into Ashton like a dog, i mean, Calum needing a leg to hump.” Chelsea didn’t believe a word that Veronica was saying. Even Veronica was doubting what she was saying now. Veronica asked why she kept bringing Calum humping everything in conversation. “I just have to, okay? I mean, people need to know this about Calum. Like, what would happen if I didn’t tell you and he just started to hump you and I knew about this? How would you feel if I didn’t tell you? Plus it’s just a twin thing.”

“I guess you got a valid point there.” Veronica giggled at Chelsea’s nonsense. Veronica caught how Chelsea loved to snicker and talk about Calum’s humping problem. Chelsea was done painting her nails and she was about to move until Chelsea slapped her hand from moving. “Ow! What was the for!”

“It needs to dry then I put the top coat on it, loser.” Chelsea scorned, and made a disapproving look. Veronica just rolled her eyes at Chelsea. She looked at the time and thought it would be best if she left soon after the topcoat was on and dried. “You need to go soon, don’t you?”

“How did you know? Yeah, I do. My mom will be worried if I’m gone so long. She’s probably never use to me having friends.” Veronica scowled on what she just said and remembered the reality of having no friends. Being alone, reading and not invited to any parties or anything. She shook her head to get the thoughts away and smiled at Chelsea.

“Eh, she’ll get use to it but she’ll probably wants to meet you.”

“I’ll come over naked, just saying.” Veronica glared at Chelsea, who bursted out laughing and almost fell off the bed as she did the top coating on Veronica’s nails. Veronica just shook her head at Chelsea, and said “That’s so wrong on so many levels.” Chelsea just laughed even more before answering. “I was joking but you should of have seen your face!”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll get you back one day, just you watch.” Chelsea just rolled her eyes and said “Maybe in your dreams”

xox

It was lunch time the next day, and she saw Ashton sitting in the same spot like yesterday. He was wearing black skinnies with a nirvana t-shirt. She walked over and sat with him again. He automatically groaned when Veronica scraped the chair against the floor. “I’m guessing it’s Veronica since no one else sits with me. Do you ever leave me alone?”

“Eh, doesn’t seem like i am, am I?” She said while smirking at him and he just shook his head and adjusted his sunglasses on his face. Veronica was nervous as she ever been since she left Chelsea’s house. She wanted to spend more time with Ashton, so she asked her mom something last night. “Anyways,  I wanted to ask you something.”

“Oh, what do you want now?” Ashton groaned as he leaned farther back in his seat. Veronica breathed out than in. This could go very bad or very good and she wasn’t sure what he would answer. Ashton leaned over the table now, drumming his long fingers on the table. She gulped just thinking about what his long fingers coul- “Are you going to answer or not? Your wasting my time, again.”

“Well, I have this class I take out of school that I need to learn a musical instrument in and I was wondering if you could teach me how to play the drums.” Veronica was cringing and closing her eyes for a scene but for awhile it was quiet that made her open her eyes. Ashton’s mouth was a little bit open and he was just looking at her. She sighed and felt some calmness that washed over her. “Um, I’m guessing I should take that as a no. I’ll be leaving now.”

“Good, I didn’t want you here anyways.” Ashton snapped out of it quickly as he spoke those harsh words to her. She felt tears welled up in her eyes and she quickly made her way out of the cafeteria but not before, she made eye contact with Calum. She ran out to the hallway and stood against the wall. What was she even thinking asking him that? She was so stupid and naive that she thought that he would ever want to help her. “Veronica, you are so stupid.”

“Well, I don’t think so.” A voice startled Veronica as she jumped up. She looked to see Calum smiling at her on her right. She rolled her eyes and pushed him. “You scared me, Calum!” Calum giggled, he actually giggled. Veronica laughed at him for it and needed to remind her to tell Chelsea that her brother likes to giggle. Calum suddenly put on a serious face. “Did Ashton tell you that you were stupid?”

“No, I just asked him for a favor and he just said something rude.” Veronica just shrugged, not wanting to talk about what actually happened. She’d feel more stupid than she was when she was with Ashton. Calum nodded, and sighed. “I guess, I just never been talked to like that before.”

“I wouldn’t imagine so, since you’re gorgeous. Ashton totally wouldn’t of have said whatever he said if he wasn’t blind. Ashton is just angry, sad about losing his sight. We don’t know how it happened but you just have to keep pushing. I gave up but I don’t want you to, okay? It seems like you’re actually getting threw since he let you help him to class yesterday.” Calum reached out and swept some of Veronica’s hair behind her shoulder softly and delicately. Veronica looked at the ground, and smiled. Calum was really sweet for what he was saying to her. Calum sighed, before taking his finger and leading Veronica’s face to him. “My friends and I are going to a carnival tomorrow night with my sister, of course and we wanted you to come since you are Chelsea’s first friend who is a girl, and also you are so beautiful.”

“If you keep calling me beautiful, I might.” Veronica smirked at Calum, who rolled his eyes. They turned when they heard someone scoff next to them. They looked to see it was Ashton, who was walking away from them. “Do you think it’s fine if I bring someone?”

“Sure.” Calum looked at her like he already knew who she was going to ask and he was probably right. Ashton Irwin, you are going to a carnival tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...
6.9K 227 29
Natalie Owens is a small town girl living a fairly normal life. She is an artist who has just graduated from high school and works at a local grocer...
5.4M 114K 57
"What do you want?" I glared at the blonde boy. "To see if you're okay" He mumbled, looking straight into my eyes. They were full of sorrow and guilt...
12.1K 229 21
Emma was just a normal teenage girl from Texas who had big dreams. She aspired to be a singer. So when she got a record deal with Capitol Records, sh...