This Love » vkook

By taejestic

[complete ; mpreg] Jeon Jungkook, a single father of two sons living in Manhattan, feels like he has life fig... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
epilogue

chapter twenty-two

23.5K 1.2K 584
By taejestic

| Los Angeles, CA |

It had been four hours since the doctor had shared with everyone the state Jungkook was in. Everyone was quiet, along with the other visitors in the waiting area who were waiting on news for their loved ones.

Jimin had fallen asleep on Jin's shoulder, Jay had gone somewhere else to check on Taemin and tell Alice what was going on, and Yoongi had gone to get snacks. Hoseok and Jihun sat quietly, looking up every time someone passed by, thinking it was Taehyung. Namjoon had left an hour ago because he got called back to the studio and expressed his condolences before leaving the group.

After hours of waiting, two set of feet walked towards the group in scrub gowns and caps. Jin was the first to notice and motioned Jimin to wake up. Jihun got up and went looking for Jay. 

It was the same doctor who had checked with them the first time with an older, more experienced looking female doctor.

 "Sorry to keep you waiting. The surgery was more extensive than anticipated," she said, looking at the group. 

Jay and Jihun had returned, with Yoongi following behind with a bag full of chips. 

"Is my dad okay," Jay asked, a desperate look in his eyes, hoping for good news. 

"The blood clot had grown by the time we got him into surgery so we had to perform a craniotomy. It was a successful surgery and we just checked with the patient and we found no neurological damage. He's going to feel tired and weak for the next few days, but I expect a full recovery," she informed with a smile at the end. 

Her words brought a sense of relief to everyone. Jimin began to cry tears of joy on Jin's shoulder. Jay went up and even hugged the doctor, praising her for his dad's successful outcome. 

"When can we see him," Jin asked the doctor. Jay looked up at the doctor, wanting to know the exact same thing. 

"It's best to limit his visits to one person at a time to let him rest," the younger doctor replied. 

"Let Jay go first then,"Jimin said to Jin. 

Jin nodded and turned his attention back to the doctors. "Jay is his son, he should go first," gesturing to Jay. 

"Like we said, it's best to limit visitation to one person at a time," the older doctor informed. "There is already a visitor with him."

Jay looked at her in confusion. "Who?"

________

Taehyung had made his way back inside the hospital roaming the endless halls in search for the waiting room where everyone else was at. His tears had ruined his appearance so he had stopped by the restroom first to clean himself up. He looked less like himself than he did earlier in the day. His reflection in the restroom mirror showed hopelessness and despair, rather than the confidence he usually embodied. 

Taehyung passed by a group of nurses walking towards a set of elevators he had passed by. The nurses sped past him, in the speed that most health professionals walked, like each second counted to save a life. They talked amongst themselves and Taehyung didn't worry if they recognized him. Most people do, especially in his home city, but he didn't care enough to hide his face. 

Taehyung reached a front desk that he didn't recognize with two hallways on each side of it. The entrances to both hallway had a different set of doors than any other door he had seen in the building. There was a sign on both doors, Intensive Care Unit, written on them. 

A female doctor came out of one of the doors alongside with another doctor following her. 

"I want neuro exams every hour and page me if the swelling increases to a dangerous level," she instructed, walking towards the front desk with a chart in hand. 

"Yes, Dr. White," the younger doctor said, writing down the instructions in her little notepad before walking out of sight. 

"Here's the chart for Jeon Jungkook," Dr. White said, handing the chart to the lady at the front desk. 

Taehyung's attention shifted to the doctor who held Jungkook's chart. He walked towards her as she turned away from the front desk. 

"Excuse me, are you the doctor of Jeon Jungkook," Taehyung asked, his eyes hungry for any news on Jungkook. 

The doctor was taken back for a moment. "Yes, I just performed surgery on him. Are you a relative of his?"

Taehyung didn't have a straight answer. "I'm his ex-husband, but we're still in touch," he said, hoping that was enough to get Dr. White to open up. "Is he okay?"

"He's out of surgery and he's recovering now. He should have a full recovery," she informed him, placing her hands in her coat pockets. 

"Is there any way I could see him," Taehyung asked, looking into Dr. White's eyes. 

"He just got out of surgery, maybe in an hour or two," she said casually, used to loved ones asking for visitation. 

"Please," Taehyung begged. "I just want to see him. Only for a few minutes. That's all I'm asking." His heart ached to see Jungkook. "I just want to make sure he's alright. Please, doctor."

Dr. White stood watching Taehyung for a few seconds, considering in her mind. "As long as you're quiet and gentle. He's going to be very tired and with a headache," she spoke in a serious tone. 

Taehyung nodded and Dr. White led him to the ICU doors. She put in a passcode and the door opened up. They walked down the hallway, passing other nurses and doctors until they reached Jungkook's door. 

"He's in here," Dr. White informed, opening the door slowly, allowing Taehyung entrance. 

Taehyung walked inside, careful not to make a loud entrance. He fixed up his tie and hair, trying to look as normal as possible, his attempt to hide the fact that he had cried. At the bed laid Jungkook, monitors hovering above him. He had an IV inserted into his left hand and he had a nasal cannula sitting under his nose. There was white cloth wrapped around his head, hiding his hair from view. He looked peaceful as he slept, gone from any sign of pain or discomfort. 

Taehyung moved towards the other side of the bed where there was a chair placed. He pulled in the chair slowly closer to Jungkook and sat down carefully. Taehyung could feel the tears form again just as he watched Jungkook sleep. His chest raised up slowly and the monitor showing his heart beat was the only thing making noise in the room. 

Taehyung took hold of Jungkook's hand into his and Taehyung let out an uneven sigh. His lips began to quiver as he watched him completely oblivious to Taehyung's presence. 

Taehyung bent down his head towards Jungkook's stomach and tightened his hold on Jungkook's hand. "I'm so sorry, Jungkook," he said in tears. "Oh god, I can't believe this happened."

Tears were falling down his face. His emotions were all over the place. He felt grateful that Jungkook was going to be okay, but he felt sadness thinking about Jungkook's situation and even guilt in a way that he caused all this pain. 

Taehyung moved Jungkook's hand to his lips and placed a kiss on them along with some tears. "I thought I lost you. I thought you were gone and we left things the way we did. I couldn't begin to accept it, not having you around." Taehyung caressed Jungkook's hair, running his hand on it. "Oh Jungkook, I can't imagine life without you. Even if you don't love me anymore, I'll always carry a part of you. I'll always be here for you."

He stared into Jungkook, remembering every little detail for what felt like the 100th time since they've met. "I'm sorry I've caused you pain. I'm sorry I tried to break this family even more. I want you to know that I never want to push you away ever again."

Taehyung listened to Jungkook's breathing for a while in silence. He may hear what Taehyung had to say, but even if he didn't it would be okay for Taehyung. 

"The trial was an asshole move of me. I shouldn't have done that. Jay and Taemin are staying with you and we can just forget the whole thing. As long as you're okay that's all that I care about." His tears started to increase again. "Just promise me that I won't lose you, because I never want to say goodbye to this love that we had. No matter how it ends up, promise me I won't lose you," he said as he placed his face against Jungkook's cheek. 

He sat there for a minute, getting his tears out and holding onto Jungkook's hand tightly. Once Taehyung pulled himself together he let go of Jungkook's hand and wiped his tears again. 

"I'll see you soon, Jungkook. Take care of yourself and the boys," Taehyung whispered in Jungkook's ear. He planted a kiss on Jungkook's forehead before pulling away and walking towards the door. 

"You won't lose me. I promise," Jungkook whispered in a raspy tone. It caught Taehyung's attention to hear Jungkook. It made his heart happy that he knew he was there. 

He sent a smile to Jungkook, who had his head turned towards the door, but his eyes were closed. Taehyung walked out of the room and closed the door slowly. He made his way back to the entrance of the ICU in a better state, knowing that Jungkook would be fine, and with his mind set at ease.

****

I feel like I made it sound like the end, but I promise there's more in store for the story. 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and remember to vote! Until next time! 

- A.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

710K 30.2K 51
a cold hearted and troublemaker joen jungkook, Fuck boy Kim taehyung, and a spoiled rich brat park jimin what happened when their fathers forced the...
25.8K 1.3K 30
Kim Taehyung has had a long-standing crush on his classmate Park Jimin and finds himself engaged to the obedient son of his dad's friend. Taehyung is...
304K 13.7K 47
Jeons are the biggest name in the industry and they love their only son who is so obedient to them. Or is their son obedient? Jeon Jungkook the only...
3.3M 230K 53
Pastor Kim's only son, Kim Taehyung, is the golden boy of their small town with his baritone, soulful voice and pretty face. He's the perfect son; go...