Wolf (UNDER SOME SERIOUS REVI...

By -hickman

"Do you know what metal this knife is made of?" My breaths were coming out in ragged wheezes, sounding... More

Before You Read
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Lorenzo
Chapter Three: Dungeons
Chapter Four: Rations
Chapter Five: Dreams
Chapter Six: Chores
Chapter Seven: Sick
Chapter Eight: Promise
Chapter Ten: Boy
Chapter Eleven: Quote
Chapter Twelve: Gone
Chapter Thirteen: Stay
Chapter Fourteen: Betrayal
Chapter Fifteen: Innocence
Chapter Sixteen: Stronger
Chapter Seventeen: Cheap
Chapter Eighteen: Submission
Chapter Nineteen: Fragile
Chapter Twenty: Coronation
Chapter Twenty-One: Parents
Chapter Twenty-Two: Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Three: Fight
Chapter Twenty-Four: Heart
Chapter Twenty-Five: Trying
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dinner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Shift
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lycanthemine
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forget
Chapter Thirty: Gift
Chapter Thirty-One: Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Control
Chapter Thirty-Three: Patricia
Chapter Thirty-Four: Showtime
Chapter Thirty-Five: Camilla
Chapter Thirty-Six: Panic
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Handmaid

Chapter Nine: Visitor

38.1K 1.1K 450
By -hickman

Chapter Dedication!
KoliveW
She's helped so much go follow her!

Unedited

P E R C Y U S

"We have a visitor from Black Lunar pack coming today, beta's wife or some shit." Lorenzo rubbed his eyes and shook his head to rid himself of sleep as he searched the cabinets.

I rested my head in the palms of my hands, groaning, "Great. What pack again? Seems familiar but we've been to so many I can't fucking remember anymore."

"Who the fuck knows." He said, his voice muffled as he dug in the freezer, recovering a box of Eggo waffles.

     "What time? I need to spend some time with my mate." I said.

     He peered at me, his jaw set, "You gonna yell at her again?" He said matter of factly, not to pleased with me.

     "No." I narrowed my eyes, "Asshole." I mutter.

     "Just making sure, since I know it's a frequent occurrence." He bit back, slamming his fingers down on the toaster, starting it.

     "Shut up." I growled, knowing it's true, but it's not like I want to hear it.

     He smirked and put the waffles back in the freezer, a smug aura radiating off of him. "Half an hour from now." He replied, grabbing a can of whipped cream.

     That's when I realized he was fully dressed for the day, looking sharp, while I was shirtless with low hanging, semi-wrinkled joggers that I had slept in. The house was spit shine clean, usually how it would be later in the day when all the ladies cleaned. My eyes widened as I realized I had only thirty minutes to get ready.

     "Shit, I have to get ready." I mumbled, my sleepy eyes popping open.

     I ran up to my room, seeing my mates tousled figure sleeping soundly, through a glance into her room. I immediately hopped into a scalding hot shower that beat down onto my skin, fogging up the mirror. I wrapped a towel around my waist and picked out a pair of casual jeans and a T-shirt.

     I slid the clothes on, drying my hair with the towel as I ran through the many reasons why a beta's wife would be coming. It could be a peace treaty, or the opposite. I hated when things like this happened, surprise visits were not my favorite since I knew it was urgent and work would have to be done. I had been looking forward to maybe lightening up and trying to be a better mate, but that plan was shot out the window.

      I let out a sigh and rake a hand through my hair and call it quits. Besides my height and aura of dominance, no one would guess that I'm an alpha. I don't dress in a suit everyday, I don't care about my appearance, I don't enforce strict rules. I go with the flow, letting my pack members do as they please and train however they want.

     I catch a glance in the mirror, hearing the terrifying shouts of my father ringing in my head. I was always told I wasn't fit to be an alpha. I was always told by him that I was useless, stupid, inequipped to take on the responsibilities for an alpha. With that, I flip my middle finger up at myself as I left, once again.

     I slowly entered the guest room leading to my mates sleeping shadow. I stopped to gaze at the beauty that lie before me. For once, she wasn't dreaming and that almost permanent look of indescribable fear was now gone. She looked so innocent and pure, like a child in slumber, dreaming of dancing on the clouds.

     I tentatively reach out and touch her shoulder, shaking her lightly, "Little mate, wake up."

     Most wolves would wake up peacefully, rousing from their slumber; slow and groggy. My mate however shot straight up, shoving the covers off of her as if they burned her. When I caught the wild frantic eyes of hers with mine, she instantly stopped moving. She was about to get off of the bed, but froze in her place, Looking like a whipped puppy.

     "Hey, it's alright, I was just waking you. No need to be frightened." I tried my best to smile, but it ended up falling into a grimace which only scared her more, so I just gave up.

     "There is a Beta's mate coming within ten minutes to discuss urgent matters, so I'm going to have to leave you alone again, because Lorenzo will be with me." I watched her eyes grow sad, although I bet she hated me more for always being busy.

     "I'm sorry, Ill try to spend more time with you, I promise." I told her, making her eyes sparkle with the word that I had taught her the night before.

     "Promise. A vow that can't be broken." She recited softly.

     "Yes, I promise. Now you're going to have to stay away from my office, alright? I don't want word getting out to other packs quite yet about you being my mate since they'll want to meet you and you aren't ready for that." I talked more like I was making a mental note.

     She nodded her head, "I understand. Stay away from the office." She repeated.

     "When you get hungry, feel free to go into the kitchen and eat anything you want, no matter what it is, and if you're tired you can sleep. I have books in my room on the bookshelf if you would like." I gestured through the door that lead to my room.

     She bit her lip softly, "I was never allowed to learn how to read..."

     My heart fell and I felt my stomach blossom with sadness, she was deprived of so much that she should've had. I heard Lorenzo holler from down the hall and turn my attention back to my mate, "Please, entertain yourself and have fun, anywhere but near my office. I will see you later, I promise."

     "Promsie." She smiled shyly.

     I nodded and left the room with one final glance to the beautiful girl standing in my room. She was pure perfection. She had her scars and her fears, but it was my job to help her in the struggle of getting back into normalcy. It was a quest I promised to fulfil.

     Lorenzo and I watched the big black SUV pull up, parking on the edge of the grassy training field. I growled, since there were designated parking places not twenty feet more to the left. Nevertheless, I put on a facade and strode outside, Lorenzo not far behind.

     I watched as long, bare legs emerged from the open door, followed by a beach blond chick. She stood tall with her heels, and had a smug smirk on her face. She strutted up to me, her miniskirt bunching in scandalous places. I frowned as she snapped her gum, her hand trusting out and catching mine, "Natalia Kuno,Black Lunar's Beta's wife. Good to see you, King Percyus."

     When she pulled her hand out of mine to shake Lorenzo's, my hand reeked of her perfume. I resisted the temptation to push her back into the SUV and make her go home, knowing I had business I needed to do with this lady.

     We entered my office, the door shutting softly behind her. She sat in the chair in front of my desk, Lorenzo standing, leaning on the wall. He didn't like sitting and often found himself pacing and walking about.

     "So, what is the urgent matter that brought you here today?" I asked stiffly, sitting up straight in my chair, contrary to my usual slouching, another reason I was 'unfit to be an alpha'.

     She drew a file from her black handbag, pushing the manila envelope towards me. "If you open up to the first sheet you will see a spreadsheet of rogue activity near out training areas on the outskirts of our pack.-"

     We continued to talk aback and forth about the situation, coming to an agreement to hold a council meeting in a month to discuss further, since this wasn't the first pack that had been complaining about the similar occurrences.

     It had been two hours since she had arrived and she excused herself to use the restroom, leaving Lorenzo and I to talk. We were talking for a total of five minutes before I felt a sting on my cheek. I twitched my mouth, bringing my hand to my face in confusion as to why it was hurting.

     Then it happened again, harder this time. I swore, pulling my hand off of my cheek in confusion. I quickly contacted my wolf, wanting to know if this was him playing a sick joke out of boredom. He was about to respond when I suddenly felt a strong blow to my stomach that doubled me over in pain.

     I groaned and stood out of my chair, Lorenzo holding may arm while trying to get an explanation out of me. "Perce, what's wrong? God damnit, Perce, answer me!"

     All to familiar words rang through my head as blood surged through my veins, MATE!

···

M A I N   C H A R A C T E R

     After Percyus left, I straightened up the bed, my only template being what I vaguely remember it being before. I slowly arrange the many, many unnecessary pillows onto the bed and step back to see if I had done a decent job.

     I shrugged and left to the bathroom, seeing my work good enough. I spotted a stack of clothing and a note sitting on top, I grabbed the note and gazed down at it longingly, wishing I could read. All I ever learned to read was the label on the food I made, which there wasn't much variety, since they liked the same things. As is as putting it back, I caught a glimpse of something printed on the back of it.

     A little cartoon picture of a girl putting on clothes adorned the card, obviously aimed towards me. These clothes were meant for me. A note my the shower read something else, but in the corner a picture of a shower running told me that he wanted me to shower.

     I quickly turned the shower on, stripping on the clothes I had been wearing. I hopped into the shower, the freezing water a cold shock to my frail bones. I didn't know if I was allowed to make my shower warmer, but in an attempt at a rebellion, I turned the knob to the side, springing warm water onto my skin.

     I giggled to myself and let the water drain all of the dried tears and puke from my hair, the bar of soap washing my hair and body with its suds. I didn't know what the other bottles were, as I couldn't read them, but I assumed their weren't for me.

     After my shower and clothing arrangement, I went back into my temporary living space, sitting on the bed. She pants I had been given were women's skinny jeans. I didn't know what size, but I knew they were too big for me, and hung on me like a baggy sack. The sweatshirt hand some sort of writing on it, but was very comfortable, along with the undergarments they had supplied me with, although I had never worked a bra, I soon attached the clips the right way.... or at least I hoped they were right.

     By that time I had burned away at least an hour and a half. The time had escaped me, and I suddenly grew worried that maybe I wasn't supposed to take that shower, or maybe those clothes weren't for me. I pushed the thoughts away, and tried to focus on some positives, though it was hard.

     I contemplated going down to fetch some food, but my legs already ached from the movement I had put them through with the shower. I was curious as to what was beyond that door, as I had only been in his kitchen and office prior to this lonely room.

     I weighed the punishments for being caught sneaking around the other pack members, but tried to keep in mind that Percyus had allowed me. The pack members probably wouldn't know however, and they might hurt me if I got in their way.

     But a sudden rush through my heart and a grumble of my stomach had me up on my feet, running towards the door. I could just slip into the kitchen, grab some food and be on my way, no harm in that. I wouldn't bother anyone.

     I made my way quickly down the many flights of stairs, ones I was grateful for not having been pushed down them... yet. I had to tread lightly. This house was full of very strong wolves and I was afraid that if I spoke out of turn or made a wrong move, I would be thrown down the steps and beaten so hard that I couldn't walk for a week.

     I found myself in the kitchen, but by know my insecurities had rushed back in as a big cluster of pack members littered the kitchen, most likely waiting for news on the important meeting. I put my head down immediately, my courage to come down here in the first place squashed to nothing.

     I wanted to turn back, to go back up to my room and try to forget my hunger, but when I turned around to leave, I bumped into someone. I hit the strong figure with enough force to make me tumble to the floor with a surprised squeal. Tears threatened to spill over as images of me being beaten to death flashed in my mind.

     "I'm so sorry!" I quickly stood up and bowed my head, not even catching a glance at the person.

     "Oh my Goddess! Do you even look where you're going? You almost made me fall!" A voice exclaimed with a loud sigh.

     I flinched at her yells, nodding meekly, "I'm sorry, ma'am. It won't happen again. Girl knows better." I whisper.

     "Bitch?" She asked in amazement. "Is that really you?"

     I slowly look up and see none other than Natalia, the female beta of my old pack, glaring down at me. 'Bitch' was her name for me, she never called me anything different. I felt my hands begin to tremble and memories that I had tried to push down not ten minutes ago resurfaced.

     Did Percyus send my old pack to come back and get me? Am I too much of a burden to have around? He probably hates me and thinks I'm too dumb and stupid to be his mate. My throat tightened as tears snaked down my cheeks.

     Her palm came in contact with my face and she slapped me with all her might. I stumbled a few steps, trying to regain my balance, but another slap hit me and knocked me over. I fell to the side, hitting the counter with my stomach, keeling me over in a fit of pain.

     I slumped to the floor, tears cascading down my face and sobs ringing loud for everyone to hear, drowning out noise. The last thing I heard over the strangled sounds of my sobs, was a deafening roar only belong in to one person; Percyus.

     That was the last thing I remembered before I passed out on the kitchen floor.

~~~

Thank you for reading!

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539K 13K 43
"I....I..In..Infinity...Bl..Blade...re...reject..you...alph.", I broke down, knowing I wasn't strong enough to reject him. I couldn't do it again, th...
868 122 24
(Sequel to the Alpha's Mate) *Complete* "Leave me Alone! Give me Roman! I need him! Leave me Alone!" I cried. "Roman won't be able to help you now. H...
77.1K 2.6K 13
He went from omega to Alpha just in two days His family relatives are dead because he killed them bare handed? What if you did worse... I didn't unde...
15.3K 395 28
I watched his hands twitch at his sides, "such behaviour will not be tolerated here," he stepped forward,"I WILL TAME YOU," I laughed and took a dari...