The Bright Future Awaits! The...

By CrescentShine

HIGHEST RANK #1inFantasy (07.30.18) A young genius doctor in her peak of career died in a bank robbery. As sh... More

Notes
Prologue
I. New Life
II. One Year Old
III. I am sorry
IV. Dark Past
V. I reincarnated into otome game (1)
a/n
VI. I reincarnated into otome game (2)
VII. History of Ygdrassil
VIII. Three Years Old
IX. Silver Ice Leopard
X. Four Years Old
Side Story 1: Christopher
XI. Five Years Old
a/n
Holiday Special 2.1. Christmas Edition part I: 'Doki~ Doki~ You're My Sunshine'
XII. History Repeat
XIII. Learning Magic (1)
XIV. Learning Magic (2)
XV. Fairies Pond, Lumiere
Holiday Special 2.2. Christmas Edition part 2:Promise under the Night Sky
XVI. Hellish Training (1)
XVII. Hellish Training (2)
XVIII. Nine Years Old
XIX. Registering as an Adventurer
Side Story 2: Cedric
XX. First Mission (1)
XXI. First Mission (2)
XXII. First Mission (3)
Holiday Special 3: New Year's Eve
XXIV. Heroine and the Captured Targets (1)
XXV. Heroine and the Captured Targets (2)
XXVI. Shopping Spree
XXVII. Scouting Legion (1)
XXVIII. Scouting Legion (2)
Side Story 3: Jane
XXIX. Scouting Legion (3)
XXX. Scouting Legion (4)
XXXI. Tea Party (1)
XXII. Tea Party (2)
XXXIII. disasTEAr PARTY (1)
XXXIV. disasTEAr PARTY (2)
XXXV. Ten Years Old
XXXVI. Engagement Party (1)
XXXVII. Engagement Party (2)
XXXVIII. Engagement Party (3)
XXXIX. Engagement Party (4)
XL. Engagement Party (5)
XLI. Engagement Party (6)
XLII. Engagement Party (7)
XLIII. Scouting Legion First Mission (1)
XLIV. Scouting Legion First Mission (2)
XLV. Scouting Legion First Mission (3)
XLVI. Scouting Legion First Mission (4)
XLVII. Chamber of Secret (1)
XLVIII. Chamber of Secret (2)
XLIX. Chamber Of Secret (3)
L. Chamber of Secret (4)
LI. Chamber of Secret (5)
LII. Chamber of Secret (6)
LIII. Chamber of Secret (7)
LIV. Chamber of Secret (8)
LV. Chamber of Secret (9)
Side Story 4: Christopher part 2
LVI. Chamber of Secret (10)
LVII. Sea Alert (1)
LVIII. Sea Alert (2)
LIX. Sea Alert (3)
LX. Sea Alert (4)
LXI. Sea Alert (5)
LXII. Sea Alert (6)
LXIII. The Elf Prince (1)
LXIV. The Elf Prince (2)
Character Profile: COLEEN SHADE
LXV. Her First Love
LXVI. Her Change
LXVII. You're Pretty And Will Always Be
LXVIII. Oniisama is Gone
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 1 (Michelle)
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 2 (Dianne)
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 3 (Jasmine)
LXXII. The First Trial: Heart
LXXIII: The Second Trial: Soul
Goodbye Baby Choco
LXXIV: The Third Trial: Magic
LXV. Entrance Ceremony
Holiday Special 4: Happy Halloween
LXVI. My M Instructor
LXVII. My First Day of Class (1)
LXVIII. My First Day of Class (2)
Important Note
LXIX. My First Day of Class (3)

XXIII. First Mission (4)

23K 1K 178
By CrescentShine

The core of the cave is really big. I can't even think that in this narrowed way there is a big space in the middle and it really is cold, freezing cold. If I compare this space, an entire 20th floor building in New York can fit inside and maybe there will still some space.

And there is the thing in the corner.

That thing is really big, as big as 12th floor building.

My neck was stiff just by looking at it and it's breathe was too shallow. If I didn't saw the ups and downs of its belly, I'll thought that it was really dead.

The obvious blood was dry, its scale was dull not like in the story book about dragon.

Yes, the thing that I saw deep inside the cave was a big black dragon bound by those thick chains on his neck, limbs and even its wings.

Poor big guy.

If it's not in its deep slumber and fully awake, I don't dare coming near this dragon. It was really a scary black dragon with full of horns and spikes and its scale was like a metal-like armor not like the gem-like scale in the story. The color of this dragon was both black with shade of violet but right now, because it was obviously injured, this dragon's scale was dull in color.

I wanted to touch this dragon but I'm a bit scared. I'm afraid that if I touch it, it will wake up and eat me... but my blood was boiling with excitement.

When I saw this dragon, there is an urge in me saying 'touch it. Touch it'. I like dragons. Whenever I saw a dragon in tv or read a books about dragons, I always get excited. I wanted to be friend this poor dragon. I want it to be freed.

My body moves before I can think and my hand touch the freezing cold body of the dragon.

When my hand touched the dragon, it actually flinched.

Obviously was awaken by me but fear was forgotten when I know that this dragon was not really dead.

It looks at me with its big crimson blood eyes.

His eyes are beautiful.

The way he looks at me is both familiar and unfamiliar, why?

The way I felt with this dragon is the way I felt when I first saw Luna, why?

Too many questions flooding inside my head yet I don't know how to answer.

I didn't even notice that a streak of tears fell on my eyes until it fell on my hand.

I cried? Why?

The black dragon snort at me, approach me before he lick my face.

Gross

Every questions running inside my head was brushed off when I felt the sticky liquid on my face.

I glowered at the dragon but it gave me a chuckle.

Huh? The dragon laughed? Amazing!

I approached the dragon and touched its face, and it really allowed me. More on, it was observing each of my action and expression. I snuggle the dragon with my face and it twitch before it became comfortable with my hug.

"Who are you? Why are you imprisoned?"

When I asked the dragon, it became stiff before it straightened its body showing its majestic form and then fiercely stare at me.

<This is what the black dragon looks like. And imagine its eyes as color red>

Its eyes are showing with different emotions like pain, sadness, betrayal, anger, hatred and care.

It back away from me and when I tried to approach, it growls at me. It didn't try to hurt me but it snarl its teeth saying that I should go away... but how can I leave it when I was worried about its condition.

...So even if the dragon doesn't want me to come near him, I still approach him and help him to recover. Using my water attribute, I heal all of his wound and even its broken bones, I started to repair them. Controlling both water and blood, I fully restored its appearance back to its vigor and magnificent appearance.

I smiled at him and before I fainted, with my last strength, I help him unlock the chains using my hair pin to give back his freedom.

I woke up when I felt someone licking at me and saw Luna, again.

When I look around, the dragon was no longer here. It was gone

I don't know why my heart felt like it was piercing with millions of needles. My heart filled with sadness when I think that I will never see the dragon again.

After a quarter an hour of silence, I decided to go back to the guild and finished my quest.

I didn't notice that when I left the cave, someone with pair of crimson blood eyes were looking at me with sorrow before it flew away.

When I came back at the guild, I immediately approached watermelon oneechan who I found out that her name is Hana.

I showed her the magic cores of the horned rabbit as well as the herbs that I collected as a proof of completing my quest. After she was done recording my mission, she told me to went to Ana oneechan, her twin (they are identical twins, it was not easy to identify who is who except the tone and pitch of their voice as well as body structure and height) if I wanted to sell the horned rabbits. Hana oneechan was the one who's recording the mission while Ana oneechan was the one who buys the magical beasts that was not in the mission but we manage to kill. All the loots for subjugation are owned by the adventurers unless the mission was getting for something an employer wants. Killing horned rabbits was part of subjugation while gathering the herbs was a mission that the employer wants.

Magic core and monster core are same but also different. Monster core came from monsters like orcs, goblins, kobold, etc while magic core are from magical beast. The cores are used for magic tools, for example, ice type magic core or monster core can be used for refrigerator type magic tools. This are like electricity-slash-generator object for magic tools to function. Mostly, magic core has a higher price as they have purer energy than monster core but because monsters has a fast reproductive ability, mostly subjugation job are done to kill monsters than magical beast (unless they became troublesome to human being). Poison type magical beast doesn't have a core but instead an orb as the center of their power likes the snake-type beast.

I sell to Ana oneechan my ten horned rabbit and she was actually dumbfounded.

She asked me whether I was the one who killed this rabbit or I got an outside help. I said that I was the one who killed them, personally. I even showed the rabbits that I skinned (I plan to let our chef to cook them for dinner. They are tasty or so I heard) from my spatial pouch.

"You have spatial tools!"

I gave her my 'isn't it obvious' look... and I didn't saw the expression of other adventurers behind me.

"Ano, Ana oneechan I also killed some uh—high grade magical beast" I said in a low voice. I was shy to say it in proud voice since it was difficult to believe that I can kill a black viper in my age. She frowned at me, obviously didn't heard me and I asked her to come near me so I can whisper to her. When I told her about me, killing the black viper, she once again dumbfounded. She don't want to believe me but when she saw my earnest and serious look, she immediately left saying that she will notify the guild master.

"Hey Kid"

I look at the man who called me. He and his co. surrounded me with an obvious greed in their eyes. Dude, you have an obvious intent written in your face, you know~

"What do you want, ojiisan?" I asked in low and cold voice but loud enough for them to hear. I know that they are after my spatial pouch since spatial tools are rare and it was not uncommon to robbing things from co-adventurer even if killing me... but I won't let them happen that.

"How much do you sell that small?"

"Sorry but it's not for sale" I answered in monotone voice

He clenches his fist and cracking his neck bone and hand, showing off his muscular and big body. Scaring me off and telling me that it was easy for them to bully me. Hah! As if I'll let them. The thing that happened this morning will not repeat again. I will not let a second Casper bully happens to me again! I knew this orc like ojiisan is weaker than me since I was trained by both my father and Daisy sensei and taught me to read aura's and detecting the level of your enemy. I was only caught off guard this morning but I know I can fight Casper... I have a 30% chance to win by wits and techniques (He's way stronger than me, okay?) but this orc like ojiisan is obviously weaker than me, he was only advantage in number, that's all.

Because we're inside the guild they didn't tried to make a move until Ana oneechan arrived and told me to follow her so I can meet the guild master.

When I entered the office in second floor, I saw a white flash towards Jane oneechan. Jane oneechan gives a punch to the white flash, with her strength; it was thrown to the wall leaving a slight crack then I saw something, no, I saw someone. The white flash was actually a little guy? No, it was an old bald grandpa dwarf (he's a dwarf) with a wrinkled face and a slightly (white) bearded and mustache.

After that he brush off his clothes, wink to Ana oneechan then went to his chair before he said to me, "You must be the little kid Hana and Ana told me"

"Y-Yeah?... I'm Miu, please take care of me" I introduce myself after I was recover from my shock and then Ana oneechan left the two of us but before she left, she gives me a warning to avoid the guild master at all cost.

"So, Miu-chan..."

"Chan?" I tilted my head. I'm a boy as my façade shown. Is he that powerful to discover my real gender is? Or is he really that pervert to know a person's gender?

"You're a girl, right?~ It is easy for me to tell, you know~"

I knew it.

My face twitched. He is really a pervert, a pervert old grandpa guild master.

I nodded as an answer, there is no need to hide since he knows already then I remember Ana oneechan's warning. I should listen to her

"Great! But you're still a kid, I presume I needed to wait for years before I can see a beauty from you" he mumbled, "but you have a scary father. I don't want to clash with my disciple"

"Disciple?"

He nodded, "Your father was once an adventurer when he was young. He make a legend in the guild but before that happens, he continued to pester me around to let him my disciple. Because he was a bother with my work and quite persistent, I reluctantly agree to be his master" he then looks at me with a smile, "you have a great father and I saw him from you, the young Ceddie that I met years ago. I hope that you can follow the path of your father even if your accomplishment is not as great as your father but you will enjoy your life with becoming an adventurer"

"Hai" I energetically smile at him. I never thought that father was actually an adventurer before and was a disciple of grandpa guild master.

He clears his throat then seriously looks at me. Back to business, I see. "Ana told me that aside from killing ten horned rabbits, you also manage to kill a high grade magical beast by yourself. May I ask what kind of beast it is?"

"...... Black viper"

He gasp. "Can you show it to me?"

I nodded and get the orb of black viper from my spatial pouch and showed it to him.

He was surprised to see the orb with his eyes. "Hearing is really different when you saw the real thing. I didn't know that with your young age and small body, you can really manage to kill a sixth grade black viper. You really is the child of my disciple"

I scratch my face and shyly said, "thank you"

He nodded at me, looking satisfied with my own accomplishment. "Just like what your father written in his letter, you need to hide your identity Miu-chan. I don't care if you are a noble lady but as an adventurer, you need to follow the rules and regulation of the guild, do you understand?"

"Yes. I understand, guild master"

He cleared his throat, "I am the guild master, Troy Woods also known as master Troy and I welcome you, Miu-chan to Hoffman guild. I hope you enjoy your stay here"

My lips slowly forming an arc and energetically answered him,

"Hai!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.6K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
4.8K 161 33
(Season 1 completed) Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of...
502K 30.7K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
529K 18.4K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...