Queen of Hwarang

By silverdropck

The princess of two kingdoms, yet you dominate the hearts of many. The Queen of Hwarang, and the fate of the... More

I Have Returned
Hansung
Brother
The Truths
Please survive
By Your Side
Secrets
Revealed
Joy and sadness
Part 1 (New Ruler)
Part 2 (I found you)
I'm Changing
Individual Thoughts
Why?
At Peace
A Little Laughter
Where There is a Spark
The Flame to the Fire

For ___.... May Be the Only Solution

1.6K 40 17
By silverdropck

IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE, IT IS PARTIALLY BECAUSE IM LAZY AND I HAD NO IDEAS, I ALSO HAVE A BUSY SWIM SCHEDULE SO.....So... A few things first, I changed the title of the book and I most likely will change the cover as well. This is based sort of on a dream that I had, and will most likely be the longest chapter yet.... welp let's begin!

3rd POV ( will be used for this chapter, italicized are thoughts and you know, the past is bold and italicized)

Jihyun rose from her chambers and changed into casual clothing.... then headed out into the market... 

Once she arrived, she walked around. A silk mask covering her face as she went, in order to avoid any unneccesary attention that the crowds may draw. The marketplace was filled with gossip, and quite frankly, was the best place to hear how people think and laugh at the way society's mind works. The talk of the day was the Hwarang from Silla, it seems that turmoil has been ignited within them... hmm wonder why? Jihyun continued her stroll watching two bunnies hop along the side of the path, why can they be so free, yet the bustling city life could literally squash them at any moment? Honestly-- 

"Excuse me miss, are you going to be staring at that all day?" a merchant's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Ah, no. I was simply thinking to myself. Have a good day." Jihyun bowed and turned away from the merchant's booth.

Weaving through the sea of people, which seemed to increase by the minute in this city. She stopped upon one booth, filled with an assortment of weapons, and moved towards the items. One grasping her attention. It was indeed a beautiful sword with intricate fine details carved into it. Reaching her hand to grab it, the merchant of the booth, a large heavy man stopped her.

"Who are you? What woman wields a weapon in this city? These are only for men!"

"For men only? Quite sexist aren't you?" Jihyun (aka you.. are going to kick butt rn) picked up the sword easily and pointed it at the man. The man showed obvious surprise but was determined not to lose this argument.

"Either way, even if you can wield a sword, you would never be able to afford it you peasant!"

By now a crowd of people had surrounded the two. (so many crowds lol)

Jihyun simply threw a bag of gold onto the table and pulled down her mask.

"I am worth more. Than you. Can ever afford."

Gasps were heard around.

"He just offended the queen!" "She won't kill him will she?!" The queen!"

"My apologies your highness!"

"Hush, next time I visit, I expect to hear that you treat customers better than this. And you treat everyone with the same respect as you would treat a queen. That goes for all my subjects! We are only strong if we are bonded together with respect, not with anger and hatred harbored against one another. Take this as a free lesson"

With that, Jihyun walked away and she headed towards the palace. Once she arrived she sat in the castle gardens, examining the sword's details and structure, then rose again, blindfolding herself for practice. Jihyun often times practiced blindfolded and as she was told by her instructor, in order to be the master of the sword, you must know how it moves by feeling, not by watching it move. Wielding the sword, she practiced on a dummy, literally ripping it to shreds.

Suddenly another familiar voice was heard, and right behind Jihyun. She spun around and held the sword to the persons neck.

"A very fine sword you have there Jihyun."

She immediately pulled of the blind fold and smiled.

"Hello again, Jonghyun." 

(BTW, I am going to add Jonghyun into this book because, I think that it's important to never forget him, and no I won't kill him in this story, I may make dramatic things happen, but I think I'm going to make him a relatively important character frrom here on since Jihyun aka you will need him by your side. DRAMARAMA! *cough*monstax*cough*

Jonghyun, since I didn't get to post on the day you died, you have been an important idol for me and was one of my favorite idols of all time. The passion he had for music kept him alive and the shawols and other fans kept him live as well. However, his mental health declined, but no one knew since he didn't show it. Rest in peace... As a star who shines on the stage, will now shine amongst the skies. )

~~~

The Hwarang had returned home to Silla, with heavy hearts, anger and dissapointment hung in the air. No one dared to bring up the topic of Jihyun and the new kingdom. Once they reached the castle they parted their seperate ways. Jinheung waited for everyone to leave first before he entered the castle. (did he become king yet? I can't remember if I said that..)

He sighed as he entered the palace, simply just roaming around the hallways until he ran into his mother. 

"Eomoni, good evening."

He bowed and when he looked up, he realized his sister was there as well.

"Dongsaeng."

Sookmyung didn't look up, but simply looked to the side... well that's looking up though.

The Queen beckoned them to follow her into her chambers and made the two sit in front of her. 

"Sookmyung-ah, come here."

"Ye, Eomonim."

Sookmyung rose and hesitantly stepped towards her mother.

"Look at me." The Queen held Sookmyung's chin up with her finger. Jinheung carefully watched his sister and mother's actions. *slap* the next thing he saw was his mother slapping Sookmyung and screaming.

"How could you fail?! Don't tell me she has twisted you mind as well?! I thought I trained you to be able to carry out any tasks no matter the difficulty!"

Sookmyung fell to the ground, attempting to hold back tears as Jinheung abruptly stood to shield his sister. (don't worry you''ll come in soon) The Queen pointed her finger at Jinheung.

"You, you think you could ever become a king?! When you are so weak?! At this rate Silla will fall to ruins and it will be your fault!"

The Queen continued to scream insults and blames against her two children, furious that they had failed her. When suddenly she stopped.

"If you two are unable to do anything. It seems there is only one solution to this."

And with that she shoved the two out of her chambers.

~~~

"So, Jonghyun, what brings you back from your journey so early?" Jihyun questions as she poured him tea.

He smirks, "I have news..."

Jihyun raises her eyebrow.

"...about the Queen in Silla."

~~~

Sookmyung and Jinheung stood there still in shock at what their mother had done.

"Jinheung... what do you think she is planning to do?"

"I have a hunch, but what it leads to will not be pleasant."

The Next Day

The Queen stood before the Hwarang, Jinheung was once again amongst them. 

"I have been preparing you to defend the king, but your use has come earlier than I expected. Silla, must be a strong kingdom, and we must show them our power. Baekje has a new ruler and I plan to take their land, then move on the the last kingdom. And it seems...."

Jinheung, Sooho, Hansung, Soonwoo, Banryu, Ahro, Sookmyung. Looked at each other with fear in their eyes, terrified about what was to come.

~~~

"That idiot of a woman, if I dare even say--"

"Yah, it's ok." Jonghyun laughs as Jihyun rants about the Queen's decision.

(I'm gonna make y'all cry at this part)

"And what makes you say that, heck, and you want to be in charge?! What do you think is going to happen? I just can't.... you're the only one I have left as family...."

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'll be fine! I mean, aren't I the best instructor and cousin you ever had?"

"You're the only cousin I ever had..."

"Exactly, so that makes me the best doesn't it?"

"But still... You won't get hurt right?"

Jonghyun looked down and smiled, "I can't make promises about that, but I'll try."

~~~

Jihyun lay in her chambers unable to sleep.

"That woman" she laughs "will be the eternal death of me"

Rising she walked over to the table and removed the cloth that covered it.

"So it seems. For war... may be the only solution for us."

~~Huge Time Skip~~

Back with Hwarang:

Hansung walks out, with the Queen and the rest of the Hwarang look at him.

Sunwoo then pulls him over and questions him. Gesturing at his outfit.

"Yah, what are you doing, are you crazy? We're about to go into war and the Queen decides to dress you like this?!"

"I chose to dress like this"

Jinheung walked over and tapped Hansung's shoulder.

"Hansung, you okay? You seem a little shook."

"I can't.... We're going to die either way..."

"What the hell happened in there?"

"If we fail... we... get killed... by her"

~~~

Jonghyun found Jihyun looking over the strategy table again and again, before they headed out. 

"Jihyun, are you ready?"

"I could ask you the same Jonghyun"

"I'm as ready as ever. But, with the Hwarang there, are you sure you'll be fine?"

"I'll have to get over them at one point or another, even if it is in a way, betraying them."

"But they did it first"

"Exactly, they are inflicting this, but in some way, it may be my fault"

He put his hand on her shoulder.

"It'll turn out alright in the end, I mean, at least you have conquered my kingdom."

(So, I'm being lazy and I'm writing this really quickly because I wanna make it before the dead line, so here's a little change to the story... again... sorry) 

Jonghyun was the descendant of the 3rd kingdom and was my cousin, because my father was his mother's sibling. They make a truce, but most times, Jonghyun is out traveling so you take care of the matters in that kingdom as well. So you practically are in control of everyone..... boss)

Before the two headed out, Jonghyun covered his face with a mask.

~BATTLE TIME~

Everyone was battling and it was a bloodshed. Swords clashed and arrows were flying everywhere. Hwarang had skill, but we had skill and numbers. Our point was not to kill, but to simply defend and make them back off. But one arrow brought upon pain that I could not feel, but it was torture.

"JONGHYUN!"

The whole battle completely halted and turned toward you.

That arrow had been shot by the Queen.

"You are such a b**** you know..."

*dramatic pause*

"It's all your fault! Jihyun, you useless little---"

Jihyun drew her sword again and charged, but Jinheung blocked her. 

"Hajima, it's not worth it. I'll deal with it."

Flash Back

The bullies were following Jihyun around again, but Jinheung was with her this time. Jihyun had enough and turned around and punched the bully in the jaw. She prepared to punch again, but Jinheung stepped in front of her.

"Hajima, it's not worth it. I'll deal with it."

He made Jihyun return to the castle. And she trusted him, and the trust proved to be faithful. As he got rid of them, well, pushed them into a river then hauled them out. Then they ran for their lives.

Jihyun lowered her sword. 

"Go deal with her Jinheung."

"Alright, dongsaeng-i" Jinheung bowed then ruffle her hair and ordered for everyone to retreat.

(I could totally imagine Park Hyungsik doing this, but Jinheung.... maybe not)

Jihyun ordered for her troops to retreat as well. The only people left on the battlefield were Jonghyun, Jihyun, and Hansung.

"Jonghyun..." Jihyun began to cry.

"I'm fine, Jihyun"

"What?" Jihyun turned around and Jonghyun was standing there.

Then if it was not Jonghyun who got shot.... who?

DAN DAN DNAAAAAAAA

Part 2?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 496 6
When love and duty collide, when your heart and your head are at war with each other, when the air from your lungs seems to escape, how do you escape...
11.9K 318 24
Han Ha-Neul was born into a Royal Family but a tragedy leads to her being adopted by the 11th King of Silla, his daughter, Ji-so. Ji-so gives birth t...
35.4K 899 46
"I've lost so many people I love. I can't loose you too." "I won't leave you. I promise." She is a kind hear-ted person who is so loved from others. ...
112K 3.5K 21
Y/n is an ambitious girl who enter the Hwarang on a purpose of finding the King. But what happens when she met bunch of men who bring love, war and f...