Team S (Derek Hale)

By AlexisDeHaan

Sarah Baker is part of 'Team S' The team consists of Stiles, Scott, (her best friends) and herself. Being a... More

Cast and characters
Dead Body
Now What?
The Howl
Wolves?
Werewolves?
First Full Moon
Visited by a Stalker
Broken Windows
Magic Bullet
The Day Off
The Beginning
What A Night
The Nights Not Over Yet
"I'm Going To Punch You"
New Book
"What the Fuck"
"I'm staying"
Winter Formal
Code Breaker
Book 2

Derek Isn't so bad After All

2.9K 65 4
By AlexisDeHaan

Once I got to school, I was walking through the hallway and I saw Scott talking to Allison. I decided I would talk to him later. I was walking to my locker when the warning bell rang. Allison jogged over to her locker which was next to mine. She opened her locker to see her jacket. She turned to me smiling, her dimples showing. "Hey, thanks for bringing my jacket back."

"What?" I asked confused.

"My jacket. From the party. I left it in Derek's car" She informed.

"Oh, yes that car. I love that car" I sigh. "Your welcome." But I didn't give her jacket back. I started looking around the hallway, but didn't see anything. The late bell rang as we said our goodbyes and I ran to Spanish class.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

"What are they saying?" I heard Stiles ask Scott as I walked up to my only two friends. They were looking around the corner of the wall.

"Curfew because of the body" Scott informed as I stopped right behind Stiles.

Stiles pats Scott's shoulder standing up straight, and backing up, causing me to back up, so I don't get bumped into. Scott turned around noticing me. He raised his eyebrows, as I signaled him to be quite.

"Unbelievable. My dad is out searching for a rabid animal while the jerk off who actually killed the girl, is just hangin' out" Stiles complained.

"You can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek" Scott said.

"No, but I can do something."

"Like what?" Scott asked doubtful.

"Find the other half of the body" Stiles said Determinedly. Stiles turned around to see me with eyebrows raised looking unamused. Stiles jumped back as Scott pushed him away from bumping into him.

"You're kidding right?" Scott and I asked at the same time. Stiles let out a loud sigh, walking down the hall. Scott looked down the hallway, and started walking as if he was in a trance.

"Scott" I called out realizing he's walking toward Allison. I shrugged my shoulders, and lean against the wall of lockers. Some kid in a hoodie tripped over my outstretched foot. He caught himself before he fell.

"Of my god" I exclaimed. "Are you okay?" The guy looked up and I saw Issac Lahey, a kid on the lacrosse team. He nodded hurrying out of the Hall. "Sorry" I called out.

Scott grabbed my arm and asked "did you put Allison's jacket in her locker?"

"No. I figured Derek or Lydia did" I said. He pulled me out of the school and onto his bike. Scott peddled like crazy heading into the woods. I presume to Derek's house. Once we were close enough to the house Scott jumped off his bike leaving me and his bike to fall to the ground. I let out a sound of surprise as I fall. Scott threw his helmet to the ground in anger along with his bag. I got of the ground mumbling anger filled words.

"Derek!" Scott yelled. Scott looked over to the left side of the house, and I followed his line of sight. There's a mound of dirt. We then both look back over to the front of the house. Derek is standing on the porch.

"Stay away from her!" Scott yells. "She don't know anything."

"Yea." Derek jumps off the porch walking closer to us. "What if she does." I stand in front of Scott and Derek. "You think your buddy Stiles can google werewolves and you got all the answers is that it? You don't get it yet but I'm looking out for you. Both of you." Derek says watching Scott and I. "Think about what can happen. Your out on the field, the aggression takes over and you shift in front of everyone. Or when you" He points at me. "When you can't hold it back anymore. When you snap and can't take it anymore." Derek stops advancing toward us when he's three inches away from me. He reaches down as I cautiously watch him. He picks up Scott's lacrosse stick. "Your mom, friends-"

"What friends?" I scoffed.

"And when they see you" He points his lacrosse stick at both of us. Scott tried to grab the stick from Derek. Derek pulled the stick away before Scott could grab it. Derek's nails grew to claws, and he rips the net. I growl and rip the stick from his hands. Derek raises his eyebrows as if proving a point. "Everything falls apart." I slightly turn to hand Scott his lacrosse stick. When I turn back around Derek is gone. Scott and I decide to head back to his house.
🐺🐺🐺🐺

I heard someone fumbling up the stairs to Scott's room. Stiles must be here. Stiles slams the bedroom door open and starts firing questions at us.

"What did you find, how did you find it, where did you find it? And yes, I've had a lot of Adderall today" He blinked crazily.

"We found something at Derek's place" I informed from my spot on the bed.

"Are you kidding? What?" Stiles asked.

"We saw something buried there. I could smell blood" Scott informed as he fixes the net of his lacrosse stick.

"That's awesome! I mean that's terrible. Who's blood?" Stiles asks yet another question.

Scott stands up from his bed. "I don't know. But when we do your dad nails Derek for the murder. Then you two help me how to play lacrosse without changing. Because there's no way I'm not playing that game." Scott throws his lacrosse stick on his bed and we walk out of the room.
🐺🐺🐺🐺

We arrive at the hospital and we walk inside.

"Hey" Stiles points to the door that leads to get morgue.

"Okay" Scott shrugs his shoulders and heads in.

"Good luck, I guess?" Stiles says as Scott disappears behind the door. Stiles and I walk to the waiting room and I sit down in a chair. Stiles walks around the corner and I heard him start talking.

"Hey Lydia. Probably don't remember me, uh but I sit by you in biology. Uh, anyway I sorta though we had a connection. Unspoken of course." I peak around the corner see see Lydia smiling. "Maybe it would be kinda cool to get to know each other a little better."

"Hold on" Lydia said. She took an ear piece out of her ear. "I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?"

"Uh, no sorry. I'm gonna sit. You don't care" Stiles mumbles taking a seat next to me.

"Okay" I hear her say.

"Poor Stiles" I frown side hugging him. He picks up a random brochure for himself and I. As he pretends to read he puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Why aren't you in there with Scott?" Stiles asked.

"Well, I didn't get a whiff of the blood. I was to busy dealing with Derek to smell it I guess" I spoke nonchalantly reading my brochure. This is interested stuff. He nodded now listening to Lydia and Jackson. Scott popped out of know where and took our brochures from our hands.

"Holy god"

"Hey! I was reading that!" We both complained.

"The scent was the same" Scott informed.

"Are you sure?" Stiles asked standing up.

"Yes."

"So he did bury the other half on his property" Stiles said.

"Which means we have proof he killed the girl" Scott tried to persuade.

"Actually-" I tried to talk but got cut off.

"I say we use it" Stiles says.

"How?" Scott asked.

"Tell me something first. Are you doing this to stop Derek or because you wanna play in the game and he said you couldn't" Stiles said. I stand and join them.

"There were bite marks on the legs Stiles. Bite marks" Scott urged.

"Okay, then were gonna need shovels" Stiles pats Scott's shoulder.

"Oh, gross" I mutter walking out of the hospital behind the boys.
🐺🐺🐺🐺

We were impatiently waiting for Derek to leave his house.

"Let me out of this car" I groaned having no leg space in the back seat. They quietly let me out to sit in the dark. I crouch down in the long grass as Derek walks around his Camaro. Leaving his door open he gets in and starts the car and it roars to life.

"Ugh, that car" I groan. Scott and Stiles look at me with a 'what-the-hell' look. Derek steps out of the car.

"Sarah, get out here" Derek called. My eyes widen in alarm. Stiles and Scott usher me to go so they don't get caught either. I nod and motion for them to be quite. I take a deep breath and step out of my spot. "What are you doing here?" Derek had a ghost of a smile.

"Well, I was hoping I could steal your car, but it looks like your using it" I frown.

"Come on. I'll bring you home" Derek motioned to his car.

"Can I drive?" I ask hopefully.

"No."

I get in the passenger seat and he gets in the drivers seat. Once he started driving I asked questions about being a werewolf.

"So, can I ask you a couple questions?"

"No."

"Why not? It's about being a werewolf" I said disappointed.

"I'm kidding. Go ahead" He chucked.

"Okay, so does being a werewolf heighten emotions?"

"Well, it heightens your aggression, anger. But that's about it."

"How can someone hold back there transformation?"

"It's called an anchor. It holds you back."

"What's your anchor?"

"Anger" He replied. I look at him sympathetically. We didn't talk much after that.
🐺🐺🐺🐺

Once I got home my dad's vehicle was gone. I decided I would go to my room and see how the digging up the body went. I grabbed my phone and texted Scott.

How'd it go?

Good. Would you like to come to Derek's tomorrow morning?

Sure, it's better than being home.

Okay, see you then.
🐺🐺🐺

The next morning I walked from my house to Derek's. I saw the sheriffs cop car, Scott and Stiles' Jeep.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked Scott. He motioned for me to look in front of us. Once I looked I see Derek being put in the cop car. "So I take it you found the body?" I asked.

"Yea" Scott said guilty.

I see Stiles walking toward the cop car and run to join him. Stiles gets in the passenger seat while I got in the back with Derek. Stiles turns around, and sees me next to Derek. "Nope. Get out of there."

"If your worried, don't be. If he wanted me dead, he would've already tried." I said putting my hand on Derek's arm. Stiles rolled his eyes turning to Derek. Derek moved so my hand fell to my side.

"Just so you know I'm not afraid of you" Stiles said. Derek glared at Stiles.

"Damn. If looks could kill you'd be 10 feet under already" I said looking between the two.

"Okay maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just want to know something. Girl you killed she was a werewolf. She was a different kind wasn't she. She can turn herself into an actual wolf. I know Scott and Sarah can't do that. Is that why you killed her" Stiles ranted.

"We don't know he killed her" I said quickly.

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friends who are the problem? When he shifts on the field what do you think they're gonna do. Keep cheering him on? What if she snaps and kills her father? I can't stop them but you can. And trust me you'll want too" Derek said as Stiles backed up. Stiles and I got pulled out of the car. I thrashed around not knowing who it was, only that it was male. I started hyperventilating. Did my dad find me in the back of a cop car?

"Sarah whats wrong. Stiles!" Derek called gaining Stiles' attention.

"Sarah! You're fine, you're safe." I calmed down and stopped thrashing, breathing heavily. The man pushed me into Stiles as his dad talked to him. Stiles put his arm around my waist trying to give me support.

"What the hell do you two think your doing?" Sheriff Stilinski scolded.

"We're just trying to help" Stiles said.

"Okay, Stiles how about you tell me exactly how you came across this."

"Scott and I were looking for his inhaler."

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night" Stiles replied simply.

"The other night when you were looking for the first half of the body?"

"Yes." "No." We said at the same time.

"The night you told me you were alone and Scott and Sarah we're at home."

"Yes, no" Stiles messed up.

"No" I shook my head hugging myself.

"Uh, crap" Stiles hung his head, tightening his arm around me.

"So you lied to me?" Sheriff concluded.

"That depends on how you define lying"

"I define it as not telling the truth. How do you define it?"

"Reclining your body in a horizontal position" Stiles said hesitantly.

"Get out of here" Sheriff demanded.

"Absolutely" Stiles said as we walked away.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked.

"What happened back there?" Stiles also asked a question.

"I'm fine. I just thought that deputy was my dad. I don't know. I just got scared. But" Deep sigh "I'm fine now." I look over to the cop car, and see Derek looking at me. I smiled at him and got in the Jeep. I watched the trees go by not bothering to listen to who or what they were talking about. It suddenly started to get hard to breathe.

"I can't breathe" Scott and I said at the same time. Scott opened the bag between him and Stiles to see a purple flower on a rope.

"You kept it!" Scott growled.

"Pull over" I growled startling Stiles. He slammed on the breaks throwing the door open and taking the bag. He threw the bag in the woods. He turned around to see me trying to run away as far as I could from the flower.
🐺🐺🐺🐺

I ended up at the Lacrosse game. I sat on the already packed bleachers. The game had already started and I eventually noticed Scott has not had the ball since I got here. I could tell Scott was getting angry. Scott jumped and caught the ball, dodging multiple players to make a score. Everyone cheered.

"Pass to McCall! Pass to McCall" Coach chanted.

The opposing team gave Scott the ball, confusing everyone. Scott made the final winning goal. He took his glove off and ran to try locker room. Almost everyone left as I went into the locker room seeing Stiles and Scott.

"The medical examiner, looked at the other half of the body we found" I heard Stiles say.

"And?" I asked.

"Well to put it simply. Killer animal, not human. Derek human not animal, Derek not killer, Derek let out of jail" Stiles said.

"That's a mouth full" I mumble.

"Are you kidding?" Scott asked.

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass. ID'd both halves, her name was Laura Hale."

"Hale?!" Scott exclaimed.

"Derek's sister" Stiles revealed.

"Well damn." I walked out of the locker room and onto the field. I remembered Scott dropped his glove and I doubt anyone picked it up. Jackson picked it up and examined it as I walked toward him. I snatched it from his grasp and slapped him with it.

Jackson glared at me. "The hell is your problem?"

"Honestly, I don't know" I look passed him and saw Derek. I walked passed Jackson to Derek.

"You really need to stop being such a stalker" I smile. "Sorry about earlier. When I freaked out. And when you got arrested."

"Well, it's not entirely your fault" He said watching Jackson walk away.

"Yea, uh well I'm tired so I'm gonna head home." I waved and turned around.

"Do you need a ride?"
He abruptly asked.

I turn back around and smile. "I'd love one."
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Wow. 2725 words. This is probably the longest chapter I've ever wrote. Vote and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 79.2K 54
BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] โœง Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too willingly the night before their first day...
2.1K 89 18
Where freshly turned teenage werewolf Scott McCall gets help from a friend and an ally from a mythology that's said to be so evil and malicious you'd...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] โ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. โž Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
318K 6.5K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...