Fault Lines

By CandySnow

[ BOOK 1 ] Hazel's 16th birthday has finally come around. Celebrating with her family and her boyfriend, Dere... More

Fault Lines
Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ Present
Chapter 2 ~ Past
Chapter 3 ~ Present
Chapter 4 ~ Past
Chapter 5 ~ Present
Chapter 6 ~ Present
Chapter 7 ~ Present
Chapter 8 ~ Present
Chapter 9 ~ Present
Chapter 10 ~ Present
Chapter 11 ~ Present
Chapter 12 ~ Present
Chapter 13 ~ Past
Chapter 14 ~ Present
Chapter 15 ~ Present
Chapter 16 ~ Present
Chapter 17 ~ Present
Chapter 18 ~ Present
Chapter 20 ~ Now
Chapter 21 ~ Now
Chapter 22 ~ Now
Chapter 23 ~ Now
Chapter 24 ~ Now
Chapter 25 ~ Now
Chapter 26 ~ Now
Author's Note
Chapter 27 ~ Now
Chapter 28 ~ Now
Epilogue
IMPORTANT: Fault Lines REWRITTEN

Chapter 19 ~ Now

2.7K 139 62
By CandySnow

Chapter 19

May 27th - Now
___________
November POV
___________

I shut the cellar door quietly, locking it quickly. It was time for this to end, I couldn't stand it anymore. If I had kept going any longer, I wouldn't be able to pull myself away from her.

Running a hand through my hair, I steadied myself against the wall, easily remembering the path to Harrison's office.

With a small knock, I let myself in and opened the door. "I'm done." I force myself to say, feeling horrible afterwards. I'm so sorry, Hazel.

I heard Harrison get up, and the next thing I knew his hand was on my shoulder.

"Good job, November." His voice was filled with pride as he patted my shoulder, and I felt like throwing up. "Did she admit she was in love with you?"

"Yes." I say. She had told me she loved me days ago, but I didn't want to leave her yet - at least not without a memorable goodbye.

Harrison chuckled. "Good."

Before Hazel had came, Harrison promised my freedom as long as I played a stupid game of his. Make his next victim fall in love with me. I didn't think I was going to also fall in love in the process, so I had agreed automatically. But she was so fucking irresistible, I couldn't help myself. I fell for her. Now this was just going to be harder on me, especially when she finds out.

Everything I had endured from Harrison while she was here was real, no doubt. I was still his damn subject for the while being, no matter what deal we had made.

I wanted so badly to tell her what I was doing, but I couldn't. I hadn't been in sunshine and open air for almost 10 years, and I craved it. I wanted my freedom too badly, and I didn't know if Hazel was worth that much to give that up.

"Come, let's celebrate before we put her in the room." Harrison pulled me along by my sleeve, so I didn't have to navigate along the walls.

He led me through a series of hallways, as I could tell before entering a room. I heard the pleasant snap of a beer bottle and felt my lips tug into a smile. I needed to forget her now, she wasn't apart of my life anymore.

I was handed a bottle, and I chugged it down, eager to sober my feelings. Warmth spread through my throat and I sighed, feeling some of the weight being lifted from my shoulders. But I still couldn't get her out of my mind, and it was driving me crazy. I wanted to feel good now that I wasn't a prisoner anymore and I didn't want to feel guilty about deceiving her. Every time Hazel had smiled or told me we would get out together, I felt a tug in my heart and had got dangerously close to telling her everything.

Maybe once I finally got out, I could get the police over here and save her. Harrison had probably already thought that I would go there anyway and had planned something - but at least I could try. Maybe it would finally relieve me of the guilt that swam in my veins and weighed me down. It was the least I could do, because now Hazel would forever hate me.

I knew her mother was going to die, and I knew about all the things Harrison was planning on doing to her after I left. I was probably a monster to her - no - I already was. I deserved anything and everything she could throw at me if she ever met me again.

I meant it when I last told her I love you, because it was the last one she would ever take to heart.

I tipped back the rest of my bottle, losing my interest in drinking. It didn't feel right. My heart ached and my stomach churned. I found a trash can and hastily threw my bottle in, my eyebrows pulling together.

Harrison grabbed my shoulder, making me flinch.

"You're one damn good actor, November." He laughed, already sober.

I clenched my fists, getting the sudden urge to punch him in the face. Not just for Hazel, but for everything he has ever put me through. I decide against it though, my freedom a wiser choice.

I simply nod instead, stepping away from the trash can.

"I try." I say, forcing a smile.

***

Hazel POV
________

I suddenly feel cold, and jerk my feet forward, finding November's spot cold. I sit up and wipe my eyes from sleep, waking myself up.

Looking around the room slowly to let my eyes adjust, I realize November is gone. Panic fills my chest, but I calm myself with a few deep breaths. Shakily, I reach out and pry the covers from myself to pick my clothes up from the floor.

November should've woke me up if Harrison wanted him, but even him coming in the first place didn't seem right. I wanted to feel like I might just be overreacting, but I couldn't find myself doing that.

Pulling my shirt over my head, I finish dressing and walk over to my own cot, where I sit numbly on the edge. I clench my fists against my thighs, and take deep breaths. I'm just overreacting, that's all. My ears ring in the silence and I groan, wishing he would just come through the door already and I would know he was safe.

While I was waiting, I couldn't help but think back to last night. I felt myself blush and fell back onto my mattress, covering my eyes with my arms. I feel like I had matured in some way, but I was probably imagining it. It was impossible to put into words how much I cared about November, and loved.

Several times throughout the night, both of us woke up and kissed until we fell asleep from exhaustion again. I rubbed my temples with my fingers - losing the memory for the moment from my tiredness.

The click of the lock made me wide awake, and I jumped up - startled. Harrison peeked through, a smile plastered on his face like a painting. I gulped, feeling like my legs had started to turn to jelly.

"Come," He said sweetly. I felt bile ride in my throat, which threatened to be released, but I kept it down.

I made my way toward him carefully, afraid of what the good mood could mean. A thousand things came to mind, and one of them was November could have died. I almost burst into tears right as I exited the cellar at the thought, but knew I had to be strong. Harrison never took both of us out, which only put me on more edge.

I followed him down several corridors, finally ending up at a door I didn't recognize.

"Go on, open the door." He finished with a growl, making me shiver.

I reach for the knob, goosebumps appearing along my arms. My hands were shaking so bad it was hard to turn it and my heart beat so hard against my chest I thought it could burst. I shove it open and take a deep breath.

A long table sat in the middle, side by side with a white chair that held straps on the sides and the bottom. I gasp as I see November sitting with his face in his hands on a chair in the corner, darkness engulfing him.

"November-" I barely choke out the words when Harrison shoves me in, making me stumble forward. I regain my balance on the table, and force myself back up on my feet.

November looks up, his eyes filled with sadness. His hands tremble and he stares at me with such intensity I loose my breath.

"Hazel.." He whispers, barely audible to my ears.

Harrison grabs my wrists and pushes me to the chair and I scream, trying to wrench my arms from his grasp.

"November!" I plead as he binds my wrists and ankles to the chair.

He doesn't move, and instead looks away as if ashamed. I stare at him for a few seconds until Harrison speaks up.

"November," He murmurs. November looks up at him, his eyes wide.

"Do what you must, but make it quick." And then he leaves the room, leaving us in stone silence.

"November, what is going on?" I say, my voice trembling.

He slowly gets up, keeping his eyes away from mine. He finds his way up to my chair, still not answering.

"November," I try again. "What the fuck is going on?"

"I'm sorry," He suddenly says right after I say that. Confused, I stare at him intently.

He finally looks at me, and it almost looks as if tears fill his eyes but he blinks them away.

"I-" November tries, raking his hands through his hair. "I'm so sorry."

I didn't understand what he was saying. Why did Harrison leave us alone? "What?" Is all I can say.

He reaches out and touches my face, his eyebrows pulling together. "I didn't want to - I'm so selfish.. But I can't help it."

When I answer with silence, still confused, he continues.

"Hazel," He says. "I never loved you."

I felt like my heart had bee ripped from my chest and thrown on the floor.

"What?" It comes out as a squeak. I didn't even know I had a voice at the moment.

November closes his eyes for a few moments, regaining himself. "It was all a game, Hazel."

My knuckles turn white and I feel a cry slip out of my mouth.

"Harrison promised if I get you to fall in love with me I can be let go, free." He laughs, as if visioning it in his head. "I will be free, Hazel. I've always wanted that."

"What about me?" I find my voice again, tears steaming down my face. I clutch onto the edge of the dirty chair like it's my only life line. Maybe it is.

He pauses for a second, as if he has to think about it. "You were my key, that's why I used you."

I felt like trash, stomped on and thrown away. It's amazing how things can change in a mere second, a few words. My rage was just beginning. And I didn't realize November would be at the core of it.

"So you're the fuck and dump type, huh?" I murmur, glaring at him. My tears have been forgotten at the moment, a mere stain to my cheeks.

November looks at me as if I've said a building blew up behind him. I laugh out loud, my mental state whirling in half.

"You know, I really thought you were something. I fucking loved you!" I screech, losing it. Losing everything.

November flinches, obviously not expecting my outrage

"What happened to I love you? Huh? To good for that now?!" If I wasn't bound to the chair, I could punch him right in the face I used to adore so much.

November shoves a hand through his hair. "This is how it has to be, Hazel." He says calmly, making me even more furious.

"I gave you everything!" I yell. "This is how you return it, by leaving me in the fucking dust?!"

November clenches his jaw, and looks away. "I'm sorry-"

"You don't understand how horrible it feels to be told that your love lied to you about everything." I say, interrupting him.

"You know what?" He growls, suddenly turning switches. "I've suffered for more fucking years than I can even remember. My first love died right before me, and I had to listen to her die through blood loss for hours. I'll never forget her screams and pleads, because they haunt me all the fucking time."

I flinch, remembering all the times I've heard the name Lily. Is Lily his first love, the one he's talking about?

"Is her name Lily? The one you cry to in your sleep?" I ask, my voice surprisingly quiet after all my screams.

November turns his blue eyes back to me, the ones I could become lost in so easily and not care because I knew they were safe. Not anymore, though.

I wait for him to respond, but he only shakes his head.

"I have to go now. I don't know what to say to you." He says.

"Oh, really? How about letting me go and call it a day, yeah?" Heat rushes to my head. "I might just forgive you, might."

He holds his hands on the back of his neck. "I can't, I'm sorry. I've made my deal with Harrison, and I can't go back on it."

"You know he could've been lying, right? You could still be stuck down here with no one, because you just had to be free." I growl, my hands turning to fists.

November stares at me for awhile, and I shift in my seat, suddenly uncomfortable.

"He's not lying." He finally says, turning towards the door and walking slowly forward. "I'm leaving Hazel, goodbye."

I open my mouth to say something, anything I can think of. But my heart tells me to say wait and don't leave. November hurt me in such a painful way I didn't realize I could still feel something for him, but I did. And it might not ever go away.

Instead, I hold my tongue and lean back on the chair, closing my eyes.

I didn't want to see November leave, because I knew it would be the last time I saw him.

But I didn't know what to believe anymore.

***

A/N: Holy goodness my lovelies. You are too good for me. 1.3k and I'm going to cry I love you.

This chapter is a lot to take in, I know, but DO NOT PANIC. It's okay, I've got the rest planned out for you so chill (;

I suppose most of you don't like November anymore, don't worry I don't like him much right now either haha. Now you know why I didn't make November POV's in the past;)

Continue to look forward to chapters, I'm trying my best to finish them fast for you guys(:

Vote, comment, and share! Ily guys so much you don't even know like I'm so happy right now. <<<<33

SOTC: Pretty Hurts By Beyoncé (;

Auna =^.^=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.1K 3
<i>They kept me prisoner for four years, using me for my predictions. They thought they had me subdued, meekly following orders, but they were...
332K 14.2K 30
|Book 1 of The Betrayal Trilogy - Now Discontinued| [READ AT YOUR OWN RISK-STORY WROTE AT AGE OF 13] *** "N--No! Leave her alone! Please, leave her a...
920 91 12
As if on cue, my room door bursts open, and in comes a girl. She's short, round in the face and has caramel skin; the ends of her natural, curly afro...
8.4K 566 72
~ COMPLETED ~ BOOK 1 **** **** Amber, a contract agent, had hit a drought when it came to good fortune. After catching her boyfriend cheating on her...