Chapter 7 ~ Present

A/N: Yes, I know my authors note is before a chapter.. But I had to clear this up... Yes, the new cover is supposed to be November- sort of. So for the future- please don't ask for pictures of the characters. I want Hazel to be your own imagination of what she looks like, but November's has been ruined. Sorry. Thank you for reading my rant, ~ Auna (: <3

Chapter 7

April 11th - After

He had done something even worse than the first time, and threw me in with a new mark cut into my wrist- right above the first one. I couldn't get up, because the pain in my side was unbearable.

"Hazel, come on. I'll get you into bed." November said soothingly, lifting me in his arms.

I sobbed into his chest, curling up into him to try to ease the pain. Before he could lower me into my bed, I stopped him.

"No, no. I want to stay-" I breathed slowly, trying to calm my rapid sobs. "With you."

He gave me a weak smile and continued over to his bed, where he held me for a few hours before I had gathered enough energy to speak.

"He did something horrible." I say shakily, feeling safe in November's arms. "It hurts so much."

I didn't want to look at the cut that could be there, especially at the moment. I couldn't take anymore surprises. November winces slightly, and I realize I was clutching onto his back, my fingernails digging into his back muscles. I flinch backward and release him, resting my hands in my lap.

"I know, I'm sorry." He whispered, inches from my ear. "He will give you a few days to rest, I know that. He isn't that cruel to keep doing it while your still recovering. But after that.." November trailed off, not wanting to upset me- but I had already past that point.

I laughed weakly, still dazed. "But he's cruel enough to keep us down here until our minds explode."

November gives a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes and looks away.

I curl my arms around myself slowly, suddenly feeling awkward. November seemed to notice and moved me off his lap and next to him. I rest my head against the wall and look up, staring at the lightbulb in the center of the room.

"How old are you?" I ask, trying to get myself out of the weird silence but also curious to the question.

November looks down, his eyebrows knitting together. Did he not know?

"If I had to guess from being stuck down here forever.. Maybe 21?" He assumes, running his hands over the sheet below us.

"Oh," I didn't realize what a big age gap there was between us.. Almost five years, if he is correct.

I kind of regret asking him because I feel even more awkward.

I manage to fall asleep at some point, woken up by something prodding my shoulder.

"Hazel, it's bath day." November helps me up, and I lean on his shoulder.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you." I don't want to act weak, not after November put me down beside him earlier. I don't want to to even look weak with him, but I couldn't walk by myself.

I help lead him through the hallways- with the man in black still following somewhat behind. Somehow, I find the right door and walk in, shutting the door behind me.

I couldn't stand to look at the man in black any longer, even if it meant shutting myself in. I hear the lock click and sigh, walking over to fresh clothes on the counter top. November starts undressing with the stuff he had currently on- which was his sweats, since he didn't have a shirt- while I pick through my clothes. I had another sweater, cream colored, with black sweats and long socks. I couldn't help but laugh mentally at how generous our kidnapper was.