Underwater (a Bates Motel/Nor...

By Sleepysadpoet

//SLOW UPDATES!!! Ridley Sykes was just an innocent high school girl when she moved to White Pine Bay, Oregon... More

Different
Norman
What's his problem?
Norman II
Nice meeting you, Emma
Norman III
Norman IV
Rumors
Norman V
Hello, Norma
Dylan, You're My Hero
Be My Escape
Norman VI: Learning to Fall
Little Brother
We Aren't All Sunshine And Rainbows....
Family First
Angel with a Pistol
Norman VII
Norman VIII
I Walked Away
Explode
Norman IX
My Own Worst Enemy
Norman X
Norman XI: Something's Wrong Here
What have I gotten myself into?
Run
Norman XII
It's Happening Again
Something Sweet
Norman XIII
Norman XIV: A Lunatic's Lament
I Kissed Her
She's Dangerous

Whoever Said Norman Was A Good Guy?

5.6K 150 9
By Sleepysadpoet

Edited: 3/28/18

When I'd been walking home from school, I saw Bradley, who gave me the 'stink-eye.' She's not exactly happy with me, and I suppose it's because she found out about me kissing Norman. How she knew was beyond me, because I hadn't told anyone, nor had I planned to. The kiss was random, and probably just an accident; I acted irrationally. I mean, Norman hasn't spoken to me since, hasn't texted me or called me, not even to just say 'Hello.' Normally, even before the kiss, he'd speak to me. But then again, it was a bit awkward.

I tried to ignore Bradley's eyes as they watched me walking, but she ended up blocking my way. "What do you want, Bradley?"

"Heard you kissed Norman."

"Why does that matter, you rejected him," I pointed out. "Not saying I had or had not."

"Everyone knows." She said, half a smile on her face. Okay, that's a little creepy, she knows. She wasn't even around, anyway. What the hell?

"You know, Norman's not all that bad," I said with a frown.

"Yeah, but whoever said Norman was a good guy, either?" Bradley, for once, had a point there.

"Just stay out of this, Bradley." I sighed, shaking my head. "People like you only seemed to made things worse in my home town, I don't need you to do it here."

"Just stay away from Norman, and that won't be a problem," she said with a growl I never expected to hear from such a small girl before slipping through her teeth.

"Well, why does it matter, Bradley, huh? You rejected him. You're the one who refused to be with him, so why does it matter to you now, if he likes someone else?"

"Who said he liked you?"

This infuriated me. So badly did I want to punch Bradley in the face. The first person I thought was my friend here in White Pine Bay decided to betray me. She was just as bad as everyone in my hometown. And Norman was right about this. Everyone else was right about it, too. 'Don't be friends with Bradley, she's a bitch, she's a liar, and a huge manipulator.' So many times people told me that, but the good in my heart refused to believe her. Well, what little good in my heart I had left, I suppose.

"You don't know anything, Bradley. Just leave me alone," I said through clenched teeth, my heart pounding so loudly I could hear it in my eardrums. My blood was boiling, burning, like a tea kettle, and I was really surprised I hadn't boiled over and screamed at her. I was so close to it. What does she know about Norman, all she did was sleep with him. You don't learn everything about a person through a one night stand. If you do, well, you must have stalked them immediately afterwards. Have I ever had a one night stand? No. But it's just one of those things you should know about, especially in high school, the land of sex and drugs.

"You know, word gets around. Don't be surprised if you're dubbed the same way that I am." With that, she smirked and walked away, flipping her pretty blonde hair. She's seriously lucky I hadn't snapped, or I would have done some serious damage to her reputation of 'never losing a fight.'

I've only been here slightly over a month, and I already don't like it here.

*******

When I got home, my father was waiting on the couch, a beer in hand. And he didn't look very happy. "Bout time you got home."

I looked at my phone. "It's barely four o'clock."

"You could've taken the bus home."

"And get jumped? No thanks," I said bitterly. "Look, I've had a rough day, and I honestly don't need your commentary."

"Don't talk to me that way," he warned.

I rolled my eyes, cursing under my breath, and heading upstairs to my room- only for 'father' to grab me by the wrist. "Hey, asshole, leave me alone."

He grasped it tighter. "What did you call me?"

I winced, falling to the floor and holding it. I could feel that I had a bruise coming, a bruise the size of a man's hand. What was the counselor at school to think when she calls me down and sees a bruised wrist? I can't make another story up, and I'm pretty sure she's caught on by now. "D-daddy... stop, I'm sorry." Let's hope using daddy actually works. It only does sometimes. Let's hope he's drunk enough not to notice it's a ruse....

His eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I'd hurt you." The denial phase. Typical. He's probably got like five bottles of beer in him, at the least. His pupils are dilated, his eyes red. Yep, definitely a little buzzed, which I wouldn't mind being. I've had a bad enough day, and him nearly breaking my wrist was making it worse. Thanks, dad, now I have a reason not to participate in P.E. We're playing softball, which I actually like.

Too bad I can't play...

I stood up, not responding to him, and actually went into my room this time. And for the night, I didn't plan on coming out. Skipped dinner, didn't go down for the usual drink before bed. I didn't want to run into my father again, worse could happen. I've got enough going through my head right now. And it's not just because of what Bradley said, I don't care about her. It's the fact that I can't talk to Norman; now would be a good time to... Because at least he understands...

Whoever said Norman was a good guy either? Who said he liked you?

Repeatedly, those words played in my head. I tried my hardest not to listen to them, but every time I tried, they got louder and louder.

Who said he liked you?

God, why won't these voices go away, why is she still talking?

I dug in my pockets for my phone, but then realized: SHIT, IT'S DOWNSTAIRS. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I fell down.

Realizing it was downstairs, that meant I couldn't talk to Norman unless I got the nerve to go downstairs to meet my drunken father. That wasn't worth it. I guess I'll have to wait till morning....

*****

School was awful; as soon as I got there, I was instantly harassed by Bradley's group of 'friends,' the clique who used to like me. I guess that Bradley told them about Norman, so now they're doing this. They pushed me around, pulled my hair, and grabbed my wrist. "Did you cut yourself?" One of them asked when they saw me wince. The problem: THAT WAS THE FUCKING WRIST MY FATHER NEARLY BROKE.

I turned and punched that girl in the face with my free arm. "Leave me alone."

"Yeah, leave her alone." Norman. He came through for me..

"What are you gonna do, go psycho on me? It's a wonder you two like each other. She's an emo, and you're a psycho." The girl who grabbed me's (who I assumed was) boyfriend remarked.

"I'm not stooping to your level, Todd. Just let her go, she's done nothing to you," Norman demanded, his voice low and stern. It was also very seductive, making my heart race again, just like our kiss had before.

"She did a whole lot to Bradley's reputation. Girl code, dipshit," Todd's 'girlfriend' retorted.

"Bradley and I never dated. And maybe I wanted it to happen." Norman was gentle when pulling me away from them. He saw the bruises on my wrist, but didn't say anything. "Ridley's a lot smarter than the rest of the girls here. At least she doesn't form an opinion based off of a lying whore's words."

The 'group' gasped, most of them running off. Until Bradley was the only one remaining. Shit, this can't be good. I better keep my mouth shut...

"What's that, Norman? I'm a whore?" Bradley tapped her foot lightly on the ground. "No one ever said you were a good boy, either."

I so badly wanted to snap, but I didn't, so I just hid behind Norman with all of this happening. I had no place to talk in a situation like this, being that this conversation was between the two of them.

"Pretty much. I didn't sleep with you then leave, did I?"

Bradley snapped, "I told you not to tell anyone."

"You said nothing of the like."

Oh, shizen, this is going to get ugly. Good thing I'm keeping quiet...

I peeked around behind Norman's side, the smell of his cologne wafting into my nostrils once again. Such a familiar scent, but I can't put my finger on what the brand is. Bradley spoke once more. The subject changed. "Just warning you now, Ridley, he's no good. I only want the best for my new friend."

I wanted to bust out into a fit of laughter. FRIEND?

Whoever said Norman was a good guy?

God damn those thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 27.5K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
204K 7.1K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC