Otherworldly Darkness [Book 5]

Af chiskey56

Declan and Owen have been together for as long as anyone could remember. They knew they were mates before the... Mere

Duat.
Set.
New Home.
Getting To Know You...
Guess Who's Staying For Dinner.
Best Dessert Ever.
A Lazy Day.
More Family Drama...Of Course.
The Morning After.
Set Who?
Nice To Meet You.
Smut!
Problem Solving.
Finding Our Inner Wolves.
A Trip To Remember.
A Family Reunion Of Sorts.
Just Another Day.
Meanwhile...At Home.
Gone Feral.
Great Escapes and a Mate Named Xerxes.
Just Fluff and Stuff.
Playtime?
Welcome Back.
Remember?
A New Family Addition.
Unexpected Visitors.
A Family Affair.
Not sure yet.
Turning Point.
It Begins.
Almost...
Finale [Part 1]
Finale[Part 2]
Next Book!!

Daddy Issues.

15.4K 561 109
Af chiskey56

"So I don't think that I would be a good dad. I suck at being assertive and what if he wants something I can't give him? Oh my god! What if he hates me?" Owen shouted as he continued to pace in front of the bed that I was sitting on.

"Owen..." I tried to calm him down.

"Will we have to have the talk with him?" He whispered turning around to face me. "You know...The Talk." 

"Owen..." I tried again.

"What if Anubis has kids? Does that mean we're grandparents now?" He continued rambling on.

"Ow-" 

"Or great grandparents!" He shouted.

"Owen! Shut up!" Rue shouted.

"What?" He snapped turning around to the door where Rue and Kaya were standing at the door just watching us.

"Calm down." Kaya smiled.

"I can't! There's so much about him that we don't know! He had a child and I feel like that should have been the first thing you tell someone when you get in a relationship with them. 'Hello, my name is Set and I have a kid.' That's how it supposed to work!" Owen shouted as he dropped down on the bed next to me.

"Give the guy a break Owen. He's centuries old did you think that he would never have sex? Did you really think that an immortal god would remain celibate his entire life?" I questioned him and he sighed heavily as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I guess you're right but it's still a bit shocking. I mean what would you do if Amun had a kid that you didn't know of?" Owen questioned Rue and Kaya.

"I'd bite his face, love the kid, and get on with my life." Rue replied sitting down on the floor in front of us.

Kaya shifted into his hell hound and hopped up onto the bed. He laid down next to Owen and dropped his oversized head down on his lap letting out a soft yip. Owen began to rub Kaya behind the ears letting brother calm him down.

"While we're on the topic of you....What are you?" I questioned her remembering what she had said the last time.

"I'm your sister." She replied in a duh tone.

"You know what I mean Rue." I snapped.

"Well apparently our mother wasn't really our mother. She was just the woman that was watching us. Don't freak out or anything but I'm a demon." She replied, the last part was barely a whisper.

"A demon?" I questioned shocked.

"Yes. A demon." She replied hesitantly.

"What kind of demon?" Owen questioned.

"We're not sure yet but it seems as if my powers are just coming in. Their still hard to control and sometimes I tend to blow up at nothing but we're figuring it all out little by little." She explained.

"Wow..." I whispered.

"You...You don't hate me do you?" She asked as she took a step forward.

Kaya raised his head and looked up at Owen and I. Looking over at Owen I knew he was thinking the same thing I was. Rue was still our sister regardless of what she was. Finding out that Kaya wasn't a wolf and that he was a hell hound never had us looking at him differently. He was still our little brother just like Rue was our sister.

"Are you crazy? Of course we don't hate you." I laughed. "How can we hate you when you're so amazing?" I questioned.

"I don't know. I was just scared that you guys wouldn't love me when you found out that I wasn't a shifter like you guys. I was scared..." She whispered.

Getting up off the bed I quickly made my way over to her and wrapped her in the tightest hug I could manage without breaking any bones. She sighed and rested her head on my chest as I held her close and whispered comforting words to her.

"Am I interrupting something?" Came a deep voice from the door which could belong to none other than Amun.

"Nope! Just having a family moment." Rue smiled as she pulled away from me to turn to her mate. "Don't start anything!" She snapped pointing at him causing him to hold his hands up defensively.

"I won't say anything." He replied with a smile.

"Good! That's what I thought." She answered crossing her hands over her chest.

"Well I came here to retrieve my mates considering that Set is on his way in here and I'm sure all three of you need the privacy." Amun replied while staring at Rue like she was crazy.

"Oh goodie can we go have some fun?" She questioned him raising her eyebrows up and down in a suggestive manner and all I could do was cringe.

It didn't matter how grown she was I never wanted to think of her having any type of sex or anything...Ever! Not even Kaya. To me they would always be my brother and sister and that was just something I never wanted to have to imagine.

"Take it elsewhere you little horndog!" Owen shouted pushing her out the room.

"You're just mad because you haven't gotten any since we got here." She laughed maniacally as Owen pushed her into Amun's open arms.

"Shut up." Owen pouted as Kaya hopped off the bed and sauntered over to where his mates were standing.

"Well I guess we'll see you two at dinner then?" Amun asked as he began to drag Rue out the door.

'Make sure not to say anything to the dads.' Rue told us in our mind and I guess it made sense that she didn't want anyone knowning about this until she was sure she actually knew what was going on with her.

Owen closed the door behind him before walking back over to the bed. He dropped face down onto and I sat down next to him rubbing his back soothingly as he just laid there. I knew there was a lot going through his mind right now but he had to calm down so we could talk to Set rationally.

"Is this our life now?" He questioned although most of it was mumbled since his face was still pressed into the mattress.

"Yes." I replied without hesitation.

"Well that was quite the easy answer for you wasn't it?" He laughed as he rolled over onto his side to look at me.

"To be honest it was because of this wasn't our life now then that would mean leaving Set and I'm not sure about you but I've grown quite attached to him." I replied with a smile tugging at the corners of my lips as I continued to rub small circles into his back.

"I don't know why it's so hard for me to be okay with this." He whined.

"Because it's different. It's probably one thing you're not prepared for and we both know how much of a control freak you are. If everything doesn't go according to plan then you freak out and being here has caused everything to change.

We've been living our entire lives believing that we only had each other as a mate but now we find out that it's the three of us altogether. Not only that but our mate also has a child who is clearly older than us by give or take a few centuries." I laughed.

"Yeah...I guess you're right." He smiled. "Does that mean that I have to give him a second chance?"

"If we screwed up wouldn't you want a second chance?" I asked him.

"Yes." He pouted.

"Well then that answers your question." I answered leaning over to place a chaste kiss to his lips.

A quick kiss turned into something more when I tried to pull away and he sat up, following me and continuing the kiss. In a second he had pushed me down so that I was lying on my back with him straddling my waist as he deepened the kiss.

His tongue pushed into my mouth and I allowed it because he needed to be in control of something right now, even if it was just this kiss. Slowly his hips began to grind into my own causing the both of us to moan into each other's mouth at the sheer pleasure.

'Could you imagine if Set was here right now?' I questioned causing Owen to actually grind his hips into mine harder as he pulled away from the kiss.

He threw his head back and let out a low moan that sounded a bit like a growl to me before looking back down at me. His eyes were getting darker by the second I knew that his passive personality had turned more aggressive because of his wolf pushing forward and wanting more of it's mates.

'Imagine him behind you nipping...kissing...licking...tasting..." I punctuated each word by jerking my own hips up to meet his. Staring up into his completely darkened eyes I licked my lips as I kept teasing him.

"I want Set." He growled out.

'Set...um...I think you should get here now.' I spoke to him through the new link we shared.

"What's wrong?" Set questioned visibly worried as he looked around the room on instinct looking for any type of threat.

When Owen's eyes caught sight of Set he stopped his movements and just stared at our mate who was standing by the door looking a bit flustered. He bent down closer to me and was lying almost flat on top of me as he started to slowly grind into me again as he licked up my neck all the while staring at Set whose eyes were focused on the two of us.

"Wh-What's going on?" He questioned again.

"I think I may have riled Owen up a little too much and now his wolf is demanding the both of us." I replied trying to hold back my moans as my not so little mate continued to ground into me deliciously.

"Oh...Well what do you want me to do?" He questioned nervously.

"Seriously? Do you really have to ask. You have a kid so I figured that you knew how this worked." I replied in confusion.

Set's eyes grew in acknowledgement and I swear I saw him gulp before he tok a step closer to the bed. Owen's eyes never left Set's as he began to bite into the soft flesh on my neck. It was very rare for Owen to be the aggressive one when it came to our relationship but when he was I knew it was because his wolf needed it.

Slowly he began to walk closer to the bed until he was standing at the side of it where my head was resting. Owen's eyes followed him as he moved and when he stood up in front of us he stopped biting me and sat up in my lap.

"Come mate." Owen spoke but his voice was slightly altered by the harshness of his wolf.

"Are you sure about this?" He questioned looking down between Owen and I.

" Listen, we won't be doing anything extreme but his wolf needs the control." I explained.

"Alright then..." Set replied hesitantly before climbing onto the bed.

He climbed onto the bed next to Owen and I and just sat there not entirely sure what to do. Owen climbed off of me and slowly crawled towards Set who sat there watching him as he moved closer. Sitting up partially on my elbows to watch what was about to happen I was excited to see how Owen treated Set their first time.

"What...What do I do?" Set questioned me his eyes flickering towards me for a second before turning back to look at Owen who was now on his hands and knees in front of Set.

"Nothing just let him do everything. Whatever he does to you just let him as long as it's not hurting you. We switch roles every once in a while because his wolf needs this but any other time he's not this aggressive, especially when it comes to anything sexual." I answered.

Owen leaned forward with his eyes closed and inhaled Set's scent, running his nose directly along our new mate's neck. Sitting back he let out a deep groan that sounded deep from inside him before he leaned forward doing it again. This time, however, he didn't lean back, instead he ran his rough tongue along his collar bone and then up his neck sending shivers racing through Set who shook at the delicious sensations.

'How...How do you handle this?' Set questioned me.

'I let him do whatever he wants and I get all the pleasure I want.' I replied truthfully with a shrug.

"You taste good mate." Owen's wolf growled.

"Th-Thank you?" Set stuttered.

"I want more." Owen growled before lunging forward and capturing Set's mouth with his own causing the god to fall backwards onto the bed.

Owen straddled him much like I was mere minutes before and began to ground his hips into him. Set's fingers latched onto Owen's hips and kept him in place if not encouraged him to grind harder. Watching them go at it was completely hot and I guess I wasn't expecting that.

Never had I considered seeing Owen with another male to be this enticing but it was amazing. I wanted them to do more just so I could watch them. Owen pulled back a bit an ripped his shirt off of his back and threw it to the side before attacking Set's lips once more.

"This is so hot." I moaned as my hand traveled down to the bulge in my own pants as I began to rub myself unconsciously.

Set pushed Owen back and began to take more control of the situation as he began nipping down Owen's neck. Then across his chest making sure to lick each hardened nub before returning back up to his soft pink lips.

"So good..." Owen moaned.

"You like that Owen?" I questioned.

"Yes...So much." He groaned.

"Well tell Set how much you like it." I demanded knowing that his need for control was beginning to wane.

"Set...It's so good. I want, no, I need more." He moaned out as Set continued to grind Owen's hips into his own forcefully.

"Baby, you can have as much as you like..." Set began but I interrupted him.

"...later because right now we need to deal with the fact that you have a son." I explained as I put my hand on top of Set's to keep him from continuing what I knew he wanted to.

"Really? We have to do this right now?" Owen whined throwing his head back.

"Yes, because if you've forgotten you've invited everyone to dinner. Which means that we need to talk out most of our problems before dinner when everyone questions us. Our parents are here not to mention Set's family being here as well."

"Fine." Owen pouted before rolling off of Set and onto the bed beside him. "But when we're done I think that we need to finish whatever this is that we've started."

"Well I think someone's hooked on a little bit of Set." Set laughed feeling a little too proud of himself.

"Please! You know that you wanted us more than we wanted you." I laughed as I poked his chest.

"Well of course I want you. You're both so delicious. I wish I could just lock ourselves in here and never leave." He growled out reaching up and pulling me across him.

My face was resting in the crook of his neck as his hands ran along my back. His scent was so exotic and spicy that my tongue had a mind of it's own when it darted out and ran slowly up the side of his neck as my own hardened member began to grind against his. The thin pieces of fabric that they called pants here did nothing to shield us from the delicious feelings that the grinding produced.

"Weren't you just telling me that we needed to talk about all this stuff and then you go and molest our mate?" Owen shouted poking me in the side of my stomach.

"Do we really have to stop?" I groaned as I bit into his neck hard before sucking on the spot.

"Yes." Owen pouted crossing his arms over his chest. "Besides you made me stop and I really wanted to finish."

"Fine. We'll talk about this, have dinner and then do incredibly naughty things afterwards. Everyone okay with that?" I asked.

"Perfectly happy with that." Set cheered.

"Agreed." Owen chirped.

"Alright then let's get to chatting." I said as I sat up on Set's waist feeling an impressive bulge press at my ass causing me to blush.

"MMmmm....Baby I do love when you blush, it does crazy things to me." Set grinned as he jerked his hips up causing me to let out little whimpers of pleasure. "I can't wait to have this thing buried inside you." He moaned.

"No-Not hap-happening." I stuttered out, embarrassed by the soft whimper that left my mouth mere seconds before.

"Declan's not the submissive type." Owen laughed as I tried to climb off of Set's lap.

"That might be a problem because neither am I and I usually get what I want and I want to be able to have fun with the both of you if you know what I mean." Set grinned mischievously.

"Well I know what you mean and trust me I love the idea but I'm not so sure that Declan will be so thrilled with his first time." Owen explained.

It was the first time anyone had ever mentioned taking me and it surprised me that I wasn't incredibly disturbed by it. When the thought of Set above me holding me down and plowing into me flashed in my mind I almost lost it and locked the damn doors myself.

"Well let's get to talking about this before we get sidetracked again." I spoke up trying to keep my mind on what we needed to talk about.

"Don't worry. We'll have this conversation later my delicious little mate." Set whispered those enchanting green eyes focused on me.

"Uh...Yeah, sure. Now about that kid you have." I started.

"Yeah about him..." Owen repeated crossing his arms over his chest.

"Listen, I would have told you about him but you've only been here for a day and technically I kidnapped you. We were already working through a lot of things when your dads showed up and then my brother bringing Anubis along was something I wasn't prepared for.

I wouldn't have hid something that important from you it's just that I didn't want to bombard you with too much on your first day here. I was going to slowly tell you about myself and about my family. I'm so sorry that you two had to find out like this and I hope that you'll forgive me." Set apologized.

 "What about Anubis?" Owen questioned. "Are you no longer in charge of him?"

"No. Of course not." Set laughed. "He's a grown man with a title of his own. I haven't had any say in his life for a long time. Every once in a while he'll come to me for advice but besides that he's quite the independent god. I think that you'd like him very much actually."

"So we don't have to worry about having to do any of the daddy things with him?" Owen asked hesitantly.

"No, you won't have to do any of that." Set assured him.

"Good! I am way too young to be doing all of that." He sighed in relief.

Owen crawled over to where Set was lying and laid his head on his chest. Owen's hands roamed under Set's flimsy top and ran his hands up and down the bare flesh underneath his fingertips. Before lying down on the other side of Set our godly mate waved his hand over his shirt and it disappeared in seconds.

Resting my head on his chest had my mind swimming. His scent was too intoxicating for me to really think about any of the other problems that we had including Osiris who was obviously here to cause problems. My mind blocked out the fact that both of our families were here and instead focused on the fact that both of my mates were in the bed with me.

"You know that dinner is in a little while correct?" Set spoke up snapping me from my thoughts.

"Unfortunately..." I groaned.

"Why did you even suggest that?" Set laughed turning to Owen.

"Everyone was getting so angry and I figured that it would be the only thing to distract everyone long enough to have us separating and cooling down. It worked didn't it?" He questioned.

"Yeah, it did." Set admitted before a knock at the door startled us all.

"Lord Set?" Came Amun's voice from the other end before we could even say anything to him.

"Yes Amun?" Set replied.

"Dinner is to be served in about five minutes. It would be best if you came down now so that we can start dinner promptly and get our unwanted guests out the house." He answered hinting at getting rid of Osiris and maybe even the rest of our families.

"Very well." Set groaned as Set sat up leaving the two of us lying down on the bed still. "You heard the man! We need to get up." Set clapped his hands together.

"I regret inviting everyone to dinner." Owen groaned. "Now we have to play nice with your brother and your son."

"And I have to keep your dads from trying to kill me or my family and taking you two away from me so we all have something to worry about." Set laughed nervously.

"No matter what our dads say they can't take us away from you. Besides only Nicholai really wants to take us away and that's only because he's scared that something will happen to us because of his past. Thankfully, Mateus and probably Imani will help keep him in check. Damien....well he'll just be Damien."

"I know sometimes I may come off as cocky or calm but in truth I'm scared that I'm going to lose you two after just now finding you. That's why I didn't want you meeting Osiris yet or having to deal with any of my problems just yet. I wanted you two to stay blind to my world until I knew that you truly loved me." He confided in us.

"Believe it or not we know how you feel. We've had each other for as long as we can remember. It's always been just the two of us even when we were adopted and got two new siblings. It's always been just the two of us and now we have a new mate that we're slowly falling for and we don't want to lose him." I explained.

"I'd be devastated if I lost either of you right now and I know that you feel the same as us." Owen spoke up.

"Well I guess that I won't have to worry about you two ever leaving me." Set smiled.

After that Set kissed each of our cheeks before urging us to get up and get quickly dressed as he went downstairs to make sure everything is perfect. After the quickest shower known to man and god that Owen and I shared we raidedSet's closet to try and find something for the both of us to wear that seemed appropriate.

"Is this too much?"  Owen questioned as he twirled around in front of me.

"No, it's just right." I smiled looking up at my beautiful mate whose curly blonde hair flowed with him as he twirled

He was wearing a pair of black slacks that fit impeccably well, a plain white shirt underneath a dark blue blazer and a black scarf wrapped loosely around his neck. He looked so cute dressed up that I wanted to call Set back and just undress my mate and have my way with him.

"Oh! You look stunning too!" He cooed as he stopped in front of me.

I was wearing a white shirt underneath a black vest and black skinny jeans. My hair was barely done but since it was shorter than Owen's it didn't quite fall so messily in my face like his. His eyes were barely ever seen past his hair and that's how he liked it. It was easier to hide that way and that's just how he was.

When we were younger Nicholai loved to cut his hair because he loved seeing Owen's big bright eyes but I understood my mate's need to hide. Just like he understood my need to try and protect him. Our past was one filled with too many secrets to count and I felt bad that we had been lying to so many people for so long but it was something that needed to be done.

Unfortunately I had a feeling that with a new mate all our secrets would be revealed sooner rather than later and we'd have to face our demons soon. I could handle it but I fear that my little mate couldn't and I would allow nothing to harm him.

"You ready to head down?" I questioned him looking up at his pensive face.

"Yup! Just trying to figure out if I should pull my hair out of my face." He replied.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned stunned.

"I don't know but I feel like maybe I should. Is that weird?" He questioned me.

"I'm not actually sure. It's weird because you've kept your hair in your face since Damien convinced Nicholai to let you do your hair however you felt." I replied.

"Well maybe it's time for a change?" He questioned as he scanned the room for something.

When he didn't find it he went into the bathroom that was connected to the room and rustled around in there for a bit before coming back out. His hair was long enough that he was able to pull it into a messy little bun on the back of his head with a few pieces escaping the bun and falling to the side of his face and somehow it just made him even more sexy than he already was.

"Damn..." I whistled as he strolled back in.

"I'll take that as a compliment now let's go." He replied as he reached down, grabbed my hand and raced me out the room because we were obviously running late.

Racing down the halls and back towards where we hoped the dining room was we came to a halt when we found everyone sitting civilly in the living-room. Mateus and Nicholai were still partially shifted and Imani was rolling his eyes at everything Damien was whispering to him but still trying to keep from laughing at the ridiculousness of whatever he was saying.

Set was sitting on the other end with Anubis beside him and Osiris on other-side of Anubis. Set was looking absolutely bored as Anubis bit at his finger waiting for something to happen. Osiris looked pleased about something and no doubt he was going to be trouble tonight but for now I was just glad to see our mate.

Rue was sitting on Mateus' lap and talking to him about nothing and I'm sure she hadn't told them what she was yet and for that I was happy because we needed to deal with one thing first and then the others. Kaya was sitting in Amun's lap with his cheeks burning red as the larger man ran his fingers through Kaya's charcoal black Mohawk.

Nicholai was staring intently at the two of them watching closely as they interacted and it gave me a sense of relief knowing that he wasn't just against our mating. He just didn't want any of us to leave and run off with mates but he would just have to get used to it.

"Sorry we're late!" I apologized as we stepped into the room.

Set was on his feet in seconds with a bright smile on his face. Unfortunately Damien got to us first. With an internal sigh I looked up at our dad and simply shook my head at his choice of outfit for tonight. He was wearing a white shirt that strained against his muscles paired with a pair of red suspenders and a red bow tie. He even finished his outfit off with a pair of glasses that I knew he didn't need to make him look like a nerd.

"Which one of the kids did you steal that from back home?" I questioned him before he could say anything.

"What? None of them. This is mine." He answered confused causing me to look back at my other dads who simply shook their heads in a way to say 'don't ask' and I surely wasn't going to.

"How about we get this interrogation underway." He spoke up throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Dinner." Owen squeaked as he threw his other arm over his shoulder as well.

"Isn't that what I said?" Damien questioned flashing the both of us a dangerous smile before leading us both into the dining room.

Everyone else rose from their seats and followed behind us. This is what this huge dining room was made for. Damien dragged us to one side of the long table and made us sit down before moving to the empty seat beside me where he sat down followed by the rest of our dads and family.

Set's family sat on the other side along with Amun who looked rather pained being away from both Rue and Kaya. Set sat down on the other side of Owen at the head of the table and in seconds the dining room was a tizzy with several people that I had never seen before catering to our every whim as they set out food.

'Sorry, I had the dinner pretty much catered and made sure their were people to take care of things.' Set spoke in our mind trying to explain it to us although he really didn't have to.

'No worries, you really don't have to explain anything to us.' Owen replied sweetly earning him a sweet smile from our mate.

Soon everything went quiet as the people who served us exited to do whatever else they were hired to do and we began to eat. Looking up every so often had me staring straight into Anubis' eyes since he was sitting directly across from me.

Every so often he would smirk devilishly before turning his attention back to the food on his plate. It was something about the way that he was acting that let me know that this night wasn't going to be this sober.

"So father..." Anubis started without actually looking up at him. "Uncle Ozzy here has told me that he decided to let your mates stay here for a while."

"Don't call me that." Osiris deadpanned staring at the man who seemed not to have a care in the world.

"How about Oz?" He questioned his uncle.

"No."

"Oz the Great and Powerful?" He questioned again completely straight-faced earning a snicker from Kaya and I.

"Well my other uncle and daddy number two get's it!" He shouted laughing while spraying food out his mouth and onto the table in front of him.

"Daddy two?" I questioned sobering up really quickly.

"Yeah. I have three dads now so you guys have to be called something." He replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Does that mean I'm daddy three?" Owen questioned quietly.

"Yup!" Anubis replied popping the 'p' which somehow earned him a smile from Owen who quickly ducked his head.

"Wait! You're allowing my mates to stay? You have no say over who I choose to allow in and out of the gates and portal that I control. Who are you to allow anything?" Set questioned sounding more angry than I had seen him.

"Well considering you're technically supposed to get my approval for anyone that plans on staying for an extended amount of time I would say that I'm the one allowing you to keep your mates here."

Set growled low in his throat and put down his fork and knife with a clink that echoed throughout the great hall. He shifted in his seat as if he was about to get up but Owen quickly rested a hand on his thigh urging him to calm down and not make a scene.

Set looked down at Owen before he took a deep breath, straightened himself up and sat back in the large uncomfortable looking chair. It was obvious that Osiris was trying to rile him up but with us here we wouldn't let him get too far.

"Why do you look like Frankenstein?" Damien questioned earning a round of groans from our side of the table. "What? It's a legitimate question."

"Can we not just go one place without you asking an idiotic question?" Imani snapped. "If he wanted us to know don't you think he would have told us?"

"Not really. This family seems to like to keep a lot of secrets unlike us." Damien replied without hesitation and it made me flinch back knowing that Owen and I were definitely hiding something.

"I actually don't mind explaining since it seems that none of you have been schooled on our culture." Osiris spoke up with a hint of agitation in his voice.

"Oh this ought to be good. Right daddy number three?" Anubis questioned Owen who could only nod his head.

We both knew where this story was leading and that was not a good thing. Nicholai was already looking for a reason to take us away from Set and as much as we didn't want to go it would hurt to lose our dad to something so stupid as an argument over our mate.

"My little brother Set was jealous of me and all that I had so instead of trying to go out and build a kingdom of his own he killed me. Not just killed me though, he cut me up and scattered me everywhere." Osiris began and instantly I wanted to get up and wrap my arms around Set who looked utterly ashamed of his own existence.

"After that he took over my own kingdom. My wife was so heartbroken that she found my scattered pieces, put me back together and breathed life into me. After this my wife bore a son who was the rightful ruler to my kingdom. Of course being the spoiled brat that he was Set decided that he was going to fight my son for the kingdom instead of just giving it up like he should have.

Him and my son fought endlessly until the Council finally asked me what I thought. I told them that obviously my son deserved the spot as ruler because he hadn't killed anyone to try and get it. Set as furious and fumed for centuries about it until the Council gave him this spot down here to rule. End of story." Osiris finished before shoving a piece of meat into his mouth.

"You killed your brother?" Nicholai finally managed to get out after a minute of absolute silence.

"Yes." Set replied sounding absolutely defeated.

"And on that note boys pack your bags." Nicholai announced and stood up abruptly throwing his chair back in the process.

Mateus sighed heavily as Owen's head snapped to the end of the table where our dad was sitting. Owen was notorious for following every order given to us by our father, well for the most part but I wasn't sure if he'd be able to follow this one.

"Da-Daddy I can't" He pouted.

"Why not?" Nicholai snapped his folded up wings fluttering a bit just itching to get out.

"Because he's our fucking mate!" I shouted finally through with this little farce of a dinner.

"Excuse me?" Nicholai questioned as everyone stared at me in shock excluding Anubis who simply smirked at me.

"Seriously Nicholai I would think that you of all people would understand how terrible it would be for us to be away from him so why do you keep trying to tear us away from him? I know you're scared and shit but seriously enough is enough. Neither Owen nor I will be going anywhere. We're going to stay here and figure out our lives.

I'm sure Kaya and Rue will be staying as well because their mate's here too. All four of us will be here together and if that's not enough we have two mates that love us enough to lay down their own lives for us so why are you so scared?" I questioned him.

"I knew this would be interesting." Anubis muttered sitting back in his seat with his arm crossed over his chest watching us.

"You're my babies. I took you in when you were broken and I don't ever want to see that again. I was so close to losing you guys so many times when you were younger because of people that were just trouble and...and I don't want to see you hurt.

Set screams trouble! Everything about him screams trouble and I don't want that for you. For goodness sake one of his titles is god of chaos and violence! I'm just scared that something will happen to you that'll take either of you away from me forever and I wouldn't be able to handle that Declan...I just couldn't handle it." He replied helplessly.

Without another word I pushed my chair back and rushed over to where he was standing and wrapped my arms around him, wings and all, as I hugged him closer to me. Warm tears spilled from my eyes as I held him close when another pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. Picking up my head and looking behind me I spotted Owen with his head buried in my back as he sniffled just a bit.

Nicholai's grip on me tightened as the seconds ticked on. Slowly we pulled away from each other and I wrapped an arm around Owen's waist tucking him into my side as we stood before our dads. Damien was hugging an annoyed looking Imani close to him as he sniffled loudly while Mateus simply shook his head at the whole thing.

"I guess I'm sorry. For ruining this dinner and for trying to take your mates away from you." Nicholai apologized to Set who bowed his head obviously accepting the apology. "But for your sake my babies better be treated right otherwise your title of god of chaos and whatever else will look like nothing with the hell that I reign down on you. Understand?"

"Y-Yes! I understand." Set stuttered.

"And that goes for you as well! I hope you don't think we'd forget about the three of you over there. Oh no! I still need to be convinced by Mr. Tall-Dark-And-Broody over there that he won't just treat either of you like crap before I leave." Nicholai continued his rant pointing a finger at Amun who stared at him in shock no doubt because of the way he talked to him.

"Daddy..." Rue began but was instantly cut off by Damien who began to snap at her about just jumping into relationships without doing background checks.

Osiris looked stunned to see that our family wasn't rattled as much as he thought we would be by the entire thing. If he just assumed that we would give up on Set so easily then he was greatly mistaken. No matter what we went through, we went through it as a family even if we start off rough we'll always end up right.

"See I knew that tonight's dinner would be interesting and we haven't even gotten halfway through it." Anubis smirked before tipping back a glass of wine like it was shot of tequila and I couldn't help but agree with him. Tonight would certainly be interesting as well as every other night with Set and our new dysfunctional family.

******************************

What do you think? Seriously. What do you think of the characters and how they're turning out? Did you expect this? Was it shocking? What? Tell me people what you think!!

 This chapter was dedicated to someone whose comments always makes me smile :) Thanks lilingppg007!!

Vote and Comment.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

539 0 48
Bridgeport high school football stars Owen and Noah best friends since diapers figure out their true feelings for each other. A huge shoot out to my...
1M 29K 24
After searching for centuries Aphros and Bythos, demi-god brothers of the sea, have finally found someone that they want with everything in them. How...
410 68 15
Owen has spent the two and a half years since the accident trying to build his credibility with Chimera and it's finally paid off; he and his new par...
213K 5K 10
Mason and Madison are twins of the prophecy. They are hybrids half vampire, half werewolf, and half warlock. There on this journey to find there all...