Serenity, Serendipity - Micha...

By molkkangmolkkang

Their life after Twice would be so much different. What could possibly happen when they meet again at the age... More

Prologue - Life happened.
Chapter 1 - Turbulence
Chapter 2 - Coming Back Home
Chapter 3 - Revelation of Love
Chapter 4 - A Way Back Into Love
Chapter 5 - In Sickness and In Health, To Love and To Cherish
Chapter 6 - Forgive You, Forgive You Not
Chapter 7 - Love Stories
Chapter 8 - A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 9 - An Offer of Marriage
Chapter 11 - A Rocky Road
Chapter 12 - We Both Trying
Chapter 13 - And In The End.....

Chapter 10 - Long and Winding Road

4K 165 20
By molkkangmolkkang

2042 – present time, Ayaka's birthday.

Chaeyoung and Mina still parents to both her children. They promise themselves not to let their story affect the children. Ayaka indeed knows about their problems, but at least the little girl shouldn't know. Chaeyoung and Mina try to be there to their children even they are now in a very bad term. They still do dinner sometimes, when Ayaka's home from Ulsan or when celebrating something, they tried to be together even for a meal together. Each of them makes sure to their children that everything's alright. Just like today. The family decides to visit Ayaka in Ulsan. It's Ayaka birthday. Also Heeyeon's school break.

Mina, Chaeyoung, and Heeyeon take the train to reach Ulsan. After that, Ayaka picks them up with her car, then the family goes to Busan for celebrating Ayaka's birthday. Ayaka couldn't be happier other than seeing her family visiting her. It's been a tough time for her as she needs to study hard for surviving medical school. Ayaka even looks so tiny compared to the last time they saw her.

After checking in to the hotel near Haeundae, Ayaka takes the family to Haeundae. Heeyeon wanted to see a beach. Ayaka and Heeyeon take their time playing on the beach. Chaeyoung also joins them, since she feels awkward with Mina only. Mina stays with the belongings watching them from afar. Even though she's so happy that the family is still together, she also feels a hole in her heart as Chaeyoung hasn't forgiven her yet. She could still look angriness and sadness inside Chaeyoung's eyes.

Chaeyoung already reserved a seafood restaurant near Gwangali beach since Ayaka really loves seafood, they drive there. It's a fusion seafood restaurant located at the top of the building. From there, they could see Gwangali beach. All of them, as a family have dinner there. The staff then bring a cake while singing the birthday song to the table, she blows the candle. It is indeed a happy moment.

"Present time!" Heeyeon is the one that excited for her sister birthday.

"Unnie, it's from me" Ayaka smiles continuously after getting present from her sister.

"AW, Heeyeonie what's this?" Ayaka says it with aegyo to her sister.

"Open it, happy birthday Unnie"

Mina and Chaeyoung could only smile to this precious moment. Ayaka opens it.

"I made this, the teacher taught us from art class. This is for you, Unnie"

Ayaka lifts it, it's a keychain. Tiger and penguin shape. It isn't perfect in shape, but still, touch Ayaka's heart.

Chaeyoung and Mina choke when they looking at the shape. Only they know the meaning behind that 2 animals.

"Thank you, my sister" Ayaka hug Heeyeon and kiss her who is sitting next to her. Mina and Chaeyoung still coughing due to choking.

"Mom, Mother are you alright?"

"Yes, yes" But says it while drinking water.

Mina then takes her present for her kid.

"It's for you" Ayaka then take it from her mom. It's a beautiful necklace engraved with her name on it.

"Mom, it's so beautiful"

"Here, let me put on you" Mina then put the necklace to Ayaka's neck.

Ayaka keeps staring at it.

"Isn't it beautiful, Mother?" Ayaka asks Chaeyoung.

"Yes, looks good on you" Chaeyoung compliment her. Chaeyoung then takes something from her bag. 

"Here's for you, it's nothing big, but I made it for you"

Chaeyoung gives Ayaka her present. She opens it. It's a journal. It's a journal full of her hand drawing.

"I draw it myself, each paper. You can write down your note there. I know that your college life is very stressful, I hope you can relax a bit by looking at the drawing, when you look at it, imagine that we are there supporting for your future, okay? Fighting!"

"Mother, this was so thoughtful. Did you actually draw all of this?"

Chaeyoung nod.

"She even held exhibitions on arts when she was an idol, Ayaka"

"Really? I know now where Heeyeon's talent coming from"

Chaeyoung smiles.

Chaeyoung and Mina sit facing the room while Ayaka and Heeyeon sit in front of them facing the window. At this perfect moment, Mina's head lift a bit because she saw someone she knew. Time seems move so slow as this person finally reveal the face. It's Chansung. Mina gasped a bit. Chaeyoung realized her gasping and also looking at his direction. Chansung and his colleagues are there. Chansung smiles to both of them. Chaeyoung then turns her face down, take a big gulp and drink her wine. Mina looks at her. They try to be composed as they are with their children. Mina sighs a bit.

He is here. At the same place, at a very wrong time. Mina couldn't even eat. She feels anxious the whole meal. Chaeyoung also turns to silent. Mina excuses herself to the toilet.

She looks herself in the mirror. She takes a deep breath. She places her hand on her chest trying to calm her heartbeat. It's a perfect night, she's afraid that he's showing up might actually ruin the night. Moreover, it's her kid's birthday. She touch her head, she feels a headache all of sudden because of that thoughts. 

"Hi, never thought that I will be meeting you here" Mina got block by his hand soon after go out from the washroom.

"Excuse me" Mina tries to pass him.

"Oh come on, Mina" He feels frustrated towards her. 

"You and I know, we both enjoyed the time we spent together" Chansung block her again and whisper the words to her ears. 

"Move" Mina give him a stare. He still blocks her and grabs her hand forcefully.

"Oh, you have got some balls!" A sound from behind Chansung appear. Chansung turns his back and facing the little girl. The little girl throws him a punch in the face.

"Shit!" He touches her bloody lip. 

"That's for sleeping with my wife. I always look at you at my senior, not a human being, you such a scumbag" She whispers in his ear while he groans in pain.

"Don't touch her again or I swear I'll kill you, Oppa"

Chaeyoung then grabs Mina's waist at drag her from the washroom hallway and letting her hands go. Ayaka is there at the end of the hallway. Looking at them and the man. She then shook her hands and back inside the restaurant.

The whole dinner thing becomes quite, also the ride to the hotel after. They book a family room, so there are a TV room and a bedroom. Mina takes Heeyeon to sleep first while Chaeyoung and Ayaka still outside watching television together. The air is still so awkward between Mina and Chaeyoung. 

After putting Heeyeon to sleep. Mina then goes to the TV room outside, she then takes the remote and turns off the TV. She standing in front of them both who still sits on the sofa.

"Look, I need to tell you something. It's not a big secret that your Mother and I are in a very bad term now. I want to tell you, Ayaka, that marriage is hard. So freaking hard. It's my second time and it's still hard. It's two people growing together, years after years, getting older. It's a race, okay? Sometimes when you're together for so long, you just stop seeing the other person, and you start re-evaluating, making your own projections" She takes a breath. 

"Instead of talking to each other, you go off the rails, act sloppy and make stupid choices, which what I did and I feel so sick about it" Mina letting her tears down, Chaeyoung held her tears back, gulping too many times in order not to cry. She focus on one object and not her.

"I love you Ayaka, I love Heeyeon also, and I love your Mother, I do. That's the truth. And sometimes, you hurt the one you love the most and I don't know why" Mina takes a deep breath and erases her tears. She tries to be strong to finally says this words to her family. 

"Anyway, I just wanted to say how sorry I am for what I did, I hope you'll forgive me someday" She looks at Ayaka and Chaeyoung "Thank you"

Then Mina left the room, to the bathroom. She cried there.

Chaeyoung then can take it no more as she also cries in her silence, Ayak could her snots, and she immediately hold her Mother's hand. Chaeyoung cries in Ayaka's embrace.

The next morning, they head back to Ulsan, before go to Ayaka's dorm, they buy some groceries for her, Ayaka then takes them to her dorm. They always want to see her dorm when they visit so they could control her meal at least. They stock some meats and some seafood for her. Then Ayaka drives them back to the station.

For the parents, it still feels heavy seeing they will leave her child alone in other cities. Both Chaeyoung and Mina hug Ayaka together. Chaeyoung even shed a tear, as well as Mina. Then they saying goodbye. Chaeyoung then holds Heeyeon and leave Mina behind.

Once again, Ayaka could only feel sorry towards her parents. She hopes that someday things would be better than this, she misses her family, not a set up like this. She misses their genuine laugh. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1K 87
When Minatozaki Sanas heart gets broken, She promises to never fall in love again, however her friends convince her to find a rebound relationship in...
233K 7.2K 81
Book 2: Be as one -------------------------------- Arranged marriage is never gonna be happy ending.... Or can it be?? ...
202K 7K 42
I once read an article about it, a definitive explanation about our sign's compatibility. Aries and Taurus, it said : "We're talking "take a bullet...
361K 14.7K 70
Love isn't a simple word for Mina. The past 25 years she might be still falling in love with her first love. She can't easily open another door for o...