Child of Ice (Thomas Shelby)

By tammieskylah

19 year old Ayla Sekin child of Turkish emperor Kemal Sekin runs away too Small Heath Birmingham in hopes for... More

Child Of Ice The Official Trailer!
Prologue
Chapter one: Fresh Face
Chapter Two: Always a game
Chapter Three: Invitation
Chapter Four: Paraded
Chapter Five: If only I could tell you
Chapter Six: Wanted
Chapter Seven: Just Stronger
Chapter Eight: Everything is not what it seems
Chapter Nine: Two's a crowd
Chapter Ten:Returned (Special Edition)
Chapter Eleven: Back home
Chapter twelve: Foresee
Chapter Thirteen: Hide and Seek
Chapter Fourteen: No choice
Chapter Fifteen: Body Count
Chapter sixteen: Cold water
Chapter seventeen: Make it out alive
Chapter eighteen: Affliction
Chapter Nineteen: Princesses orders
Chapter Twenty: Hometown Glory
Chapter Twenty One: Uncharted Territory
Chapter Twenty Two: Not afraid anymore
Chapter Twenty Three:The Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty Four: Wedding bells
Chapter Twenty Five: Weaknesses
Chapter Twenty Seven: Big news
Chapter Twenty Eight: Feuds
Chapter Twenty Nine: Thawing the ice
Chapter Thirty: A Big Family
Chapter Thirty One: Love Birds
Chapter Thirty Two: Till death do us part
Chapter Thirty Four: The ending

Chapter Twenty Six: Returning home

5.8K 119 2
By tammieskylah

five weeks had passed since Tom had last seen Ayla. She had gone back to Israel with her uncle to meet her sister and get a better understanding of her past and also to receive her part of the family fortune. She promised she wouldn't be long and that she would return as soon as possible so that they could wed each other. Thomas was making sure everything was perfect for her when she returned, everything had to be in place for her. 

The leader of the peaky blinders had brought his wife to be a mansion in the countryside where they were bound to live after they wed, the gardens were full of different coloured flowers and the grass went on for miles beyond the water fountain he had made out of marble. He couldn't wait to finally become a married man and start a long strong line of Shelby's but more importantly to be with the woman of his dreams. 

"When do you think she'll return?" Polly asked as she put up the new curtains in Thomas's new house, they lightened up the room with a little bit of detail. She could clearly see the lengths he would go too to be with her and make her truly happy but since finding out the truth would she do the same for him?  

"In her letter she said she would be back in a few months, she said she quite enjoyed being there" Thomas took puff of his cigarette, Polly could see the annoyance in his face.He didn't want to be away from her any longer than than he needed to, he had finally had her all to himself but she slipped away again.The thought of Ayla staying in Israel and never returning made his heart ache.

"I'm sure she won't delay, you know how much she loves you Tommy" Polly finished hanging up the curtains before sitting opposite Thomas. She could see the pain in his eyes. He desperately wanted to be around her, Polly had never seen Thomas so lovestruck by a woman he was willing to die for, in fact it had been years since anyone in the whole of Birmingham had felt love the way Thomas was feeling.

"I dont know anymore Pol, she might still be pissed that I kept that from her" Thomas's blue eyes now staring directly into hers

"I doubt-" Polly was cutting off by a knock on the door breaking both of them out of their gaze. Polly quickly rushing to open the door leaving Thomas to dream about the day he would finally marry the now Queen of Turkey.He didn't want to leave his spot in fact he just wanted to curl away in his new house, his new bed and wait for her return.

"Tommy!" Arthur yelled through the hallways grabbing Thomas's attention "We've brought you a house warming gift" Arthur said as Thomas took his time getting to the front door where polly, Arthur and John were waiting with stupid grins on their faces.

He was expecting to see Ayla standing there with her regal green eyes ready to jump into his arms but instead he was face to face with his brothers who were holding a flowerpot with a tiny flower buried in it, it looked like they had stolen it from someones garden. They all thought it was a hilarious joke when Thomas's face began to drop from disappointment.

"How kind of you" He said sarcastically before looking at the giant flowerpot like it was the last thing he wanted to see.

"Was you expecting something else?" John asked like he was hiding something in his eyes the smirk on his face gave it away. John was always the worst at keeping secrets since he was a young kid so the lies in his eyes were the first thing Thomas noticed.

"I was hoping you could tell me" Thomas grinned knowing that John would crumble under a little pressure.

"Well the truth is we brought you two house warming gifts" John smiled at Arthur

"And what would be the second gift?" Thomas raised his eyebrows at his brothers who smiled at each other. 

"Me, if you'll have me" Ayla popped up from behind Arthur who had the biggest grin on his face. Without another thought dashing towards her and embracing her in a hug that he had waited forever for Ayla couldn't help but embrace the man that had saved her one to many times. 

"You came back?" Thomas held the biggest grin on his face. His question worried Ayla 

"Why wouldn't I?"She giggled at the gobsmacked man that stood before her. 

"But I thought you weren't going to come back for another few months" Thomas intertwined his fingers with her as the all began to walk inside

"I wasn't but I realised, this was my home... You were my home. The one I desperately wanted to be around so yes I came back" She smiled making Thomas stop in his tracks. 

"This house will be our home, your place will forever be here... with me" He said which made her smile. She looked at the giant mansion before her which looked like the perfect place to begin a life with Thomas but she had some things to discuss with him when the time was right.

"Well you love bugs better get settled in" Arthur said as he helped John unload her luggage

----------

That evening Polly cooked her famous pot roast as the family gathered around the table with plenty of food and drink for them all, each enjoying each others company after the long few months they had together.. Ayla sat beside Thomas who couldn't take his eyes off her hands as she played with her ring. Something was on her mind. She was silent throughout their whole meal which Thomas realised more than anyone else, she would occasionally laugh at the brothers when they would joke about but her focus was somewhere else.Her eyes constantly trying to avoid Thomas's. 

After the evening finished and both Ayla and Thomas began to wind down for the night Thomas finally decided to bring up what happened at dinner. As Ayla changed into her nightwear silently Thomas broke it. 

"Is everything alright?" Thomas sat on their queen sized bed waiting for her to sit beside him.

"Of course I am" She turned to face him with a weak smiled but Thomas could see through her tough act.

"you seemed a little quiet at dinner. Did I do something wrong?" he caressed her cheek, the very touch of him sent chills down her spine

"No no no of course you didn't" She turned to face him completely, their eyes looking directly into each others "My uncle wanted me to stay and begin a life over there as queen...' she said which hurt Thomas. 

"And what did you say?' he asked hoping he would get the answer he hoped fo.

'I told him my life was here... with you' she tried to hide a smile at the blush on Thomas's cheeks

'I'm glad you came back' he said trying to hide his emotions but Ayla knew exactly how he was feeling. She could see it in his eyes. The love he had for her was apparent.The room went silent for a moment but there was something she needed to get off her chest.

"Its just that while I was away I was thinking about things" She trailed off which scared Thomas

"What kind of things?" He asked with a hint of worry in his voice

"About our future but most importantly about us" She looked down at her belly pulling back her nightdress a little revealing a tiny bump that she tried so hard to conceal till the last month. While In Israel she found out some news that she didn't know how to tell him.Thomas held his breath finally putting the pieces together as he looked at the small bump on his fiancé's belly. 

"Are you....?" He looked down at her stomach before looking into her green eyes again. His eyes threatening to fall. All she could do was nod at him. 

"3 months... I'm pregnant Thomas" She held her breath hoping for some kind of reaction but she wasn't expecting the one she received.

"I'm going to be a father?" He asked as she could hear the excitement building in his voice. She nodded at his question but before she was able to reply his lips smashed onto hers with not only passion and lust but also with love and tendency.

"We need to tell everyone" He placed his hand on her stomach, his heart beating at 100 miles per hour. He couldn't believe his life was finally coming together.

"But is this what you want?" She asked with a hint of doubt in her voice. This took Thomas aback  at the thought of her doubting his happiness with her. 

"Of course it's what I want" he sat next to her holding her close to his chest taking in the floral scent of her hair. 

"You are everything I've ever wanted and more and this child won't change that.We are finally gonna have the family we both wanted, I want to give you everything you have ever dreamed for and when you told me you were going to be back in a couple of months it scared me, nothing scares me but loosing you scares the shit out of me" Thomas said making Ayla well up. It was the first time she had ever cried of happiness throughout her long and eventful life. 

"I want you to marry me and when you do I swear I'll go to the ends of the earth to protect you and love you no matter what" He kissed the top of her forehead before she said something Tommy would never forget.

"I love you" She climbed into bed next to him placing her head on his shoulder. 

"I love you too" he kissed the top of her forehead one last time before turning the lampshade off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 9.5K 42
"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be together. But they are the moon and...
2.7M 37.5K 115
*UNDER EDITING* Imagines for your favourite Shelby family (and Alfie!)
39.9K 2.5K 19
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ .หšแตŽโ”Š ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—‹๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—’ โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”:๏ฝฅโ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘“๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘ค๐˜ฉ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐˜ฉ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ค๐˜ฉ๐‘–๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข'๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ฆ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”...