Daughter of Light

De Vireen

"You, my dear, are a demigod." She said. "Excuse me, what?" Her granddaughter asked. "You're one of a kin... Mais

Daughter of Light
Chapter 1: Break Me
Chapter 2: Notice Me
Chapter 3: Speak To Me
Chapter 4: Torture Me (Part One)
Chapter 5: Torture Me (Part Two)
Chapter 6: Scare Me
Chapter 7: Shock Me
Chapter 8: Change Me
Chapter 9: Teach Me
Chapter 10: Train Me
Chapter 11: Meet Me
Chapter 12: Pass By Me
Chapter 13: Miss Me?
Chapter 14: Listen To Me
Chapter 15: Try Me
Chapter 16: Make Me
Chapter 17: Know Me
Chapter 18: Help Me
Chapter 19: Halliope Beverly
Chapter 20: Reveal Me
Chapter 21: Befriend Me (Part One)
Chapter 22: Befriend Me (Part Two)
Chapter 23: Kiss Me
Chapter 24: Understand Me
Chapter 25: Save Me
Chapter 26: Anger Me
Chapter 27: Wish Me
Chapter 28: Kiss Me II
Chapter 29: Kissable
Chapter 30: Affectionate
Chapter 31: Insufferable
Chapter 32: Unbearable
Chapter 34: Magnificent
Chapter 35: Fragile
Chapter 36: Destroyed

Chapter 33: Dominant

3.9K 185 28
De Vireen

~Chapter 33~

Death…

Okay, here I go again with the deep thought rambling.

Anyways, death…

It is the end of your life, when you fall into deep eternal slumber. And who is in charge of your life? They are the three Moirai, also known as the Fates. They are the three old ladies responsible for the thread of life. First, Clotho (spinner) spins the thread of life on her spindle. In Roman, she is known as Nona. Next, Lachesis (allotter) decides how long that particular thread for each person is – her Roman equivalent is Decima. Finally, Atropos (inevitable), a.k.a. Morta, cuts the thread of life then boom. Down to the Underworld you go. Nobody makes out of the Underworld alive except for some heroes and sons/daughters of Hades, of course.

To enter the Underworld, you either use Charon’s ferry, enter through the doors of Orpheus, or use the doors of death (there are more entrances and exits, too) but most dead people goes through the first one. If you take the ferry, then you are steered through the River Styx, a dangerous river that only strong demigods can survive if they take a dip. After you have the trip to the Underworld, you pass by Cerberus, the three headed dog guarding the place. After that, is the Judgement Pavilion where three spirits judge where to put you. First option: the Fields of Punishment where spirits experience eternal punishment and torture for the things they’ve done. Second option: the Fields of Asphodel, a place where the spirits are neither bad nor good and they forget their lives. Third option: Elysium, which is a paradise for heroes. This is where people who died heroes and where they can enjoy their death in peace. There’s another place, which is the Isles of the Blest where you end up if you chose to be reborn three times then achieved to be in Elysium every time. Now, the two places I don’t want to mention: Tartarus and Hades’ palace. Tartarus is the nightmare of every demigod – or even god. This is where the enemies – also known as the titans – and essences of the monsters are kept. Hades’ palace is of course where Hades and Persephone live and stay.

Okay, I’ve just given an overview of afterlife and a tour of the Underworld. Great…I’ll add that to the list of things I regret for sure.

Alright, I was feeling this very no, scratch that, unbearable pain. My head was throbbing and felt like it was going to blow up anytime, my eyes didn’t dare to open and they felt heavy, I felt my bones were burning and my muscles were scorched. My throat was itchy and my mouth and lips were completely dry, it feels like I haven’t slept for ages and I could feel a little blood dripping from my mouth causing the metallic taste then to top it all off, there was this sharp pain in my chest as if my heart was in the verge of stopping or there was something stinging my lungs. Really, it felt like I was dipped in the River Styx or something. I’ve never felt anything like this in my life. But I was sure I wasn’t dead, because if I was, I wouldn’t be feeling anything of this. Now the question was: will I ever wake up? I just wanted to sleep and sleep forever until the pain was gone. I’m stuck in the same position and it hurts so badly when I moved a single muscle.

Wake up, a voice said in my head, wake up, Clarence.

I don’t want to wake up! I spat back.

You’re going to be in danger. Do you want to get killed?!

It’s not like I was going to stay alive, right. Everything is broken, wounded, injured or scratched and I barely breathe.

You know you’re strong. Stay strong.

No! Maybe I should give up…

After that, I blocked the voice away, hoping not to hear any of it ever again. I was in no condition to fight any danger that might be heading my way – wherever I was. Maybe if a miracle happened, I’d be rescued somehow. I know I’m not awake. I know I couldn’t feel my surroundings and my eyes refused to open. I was still in my sleep, thinking about certain things. How long I’ve been like this and where I am, I don’t know and I don’t care. Despite the thirst, hunger and pain I’m feeling right now, I never craved so much sleep in my life as if it was the only thing I needed to heal.

“Okay, I’m in Dream Land again. What am I doing here?” I whispered to myself as I found myself in utter darkness. The last time I was here was when my mother talked to me.

“Maybe, I’m dead?” I asked softly, still knowing nobody was around. Suddenly, the scene changed into something else. I was now in a large room – like really large, way past my head. It was brightly lit and had columns on either side of the room. Everything had this golden glow and it was lively and rich. The tiles were shiny beneath my feet and the walls were neatly polished. A bit far from me, in the end of the room there were large chairs – or should I say thrones. Olympus, I thought, I’m in the Olympus throne room. There were twelve uniquely designed thrones, each representing an Olympian. My eye immediately caught my mother’s throne which was silver and sparkly, with stars and bows and arrows engraved on it.

Then, I wondered why the hell I was here if a while ago, I was in pain. So, this was one of those demigod dreams that try to tell you something, right? I guess that was it. I could move, yes but it still felt like a dream…and it was happening in real life. How stalker-ish was this, spying on the gods. Suddenly, a bunch of gods entered the room, in their human forms, thankfully. The first god, the one at the most left looked like a man about in mid-twenties. He had brownish-black hair and had sunglasses perched on his head, revealing his bright blue eyes. He seemed to be wearing a permanent smirk and was dressed in a simple shirt and khakis. Oh, if it isn’t my uncle, Apollo.

Then, there was a middle aged woman beside him. I scowled immediately, knowing it was Aphrodite because of her obvious radiant beauty. Her brown hair was fixed up Greek-style and she was wearing a simple dress but it was still making her beautiful and attractive. Moving on to the other god next to her, I scowled, too. It was Ares, wearing something like a biker’s outfit and his dark hair all spiked up. Lastly, in the right most was a woman wearing a casual outfit, and her brown hair tied up in a ponytail. Athena’s grey eyes scanned the room and stopped at me, then winked.

I gulped, could she see me? Could all of them see me? I blinked, deciding to just focus on a conversation a conversation Apollo, Ares and Aphrodite were having. But Athena’s gaze was fixed on me. Apparently, she’s the only one who could see me. Could she be the one who sent me here?

Though, I couldn’t hear what the three gods were saying. They finally passed by me and entered another room but Athena stayed behind. As soon as they were out of earshot, she turned to me.

“How are you?” she asked, me smiling.

“Why did you send me here, Lady Athena?” I asked.

She shrugged, “I thought this might distract you from that pain you’re having.”

“What exactly happened? How did I get out from the Underworld?”

“You’ll know when you wake up, sweetheart.”

“But I need answers now! What’s going to happen to me?”

“Clarence, listen, you’re going to be fine. I’m sure they’ve taken care of you already.”

“Who exactly are ‘they’?”

She glanced worriedly at the door where the other gods have disappeared to, “Clarence, I have to go now, okay?”

“But Athena – “

Though, it was already too late. The dream faded out and I woke up. Yeah, I was awake and conscious of what’s happening around me, but my eyes still wouldn’t open. I was still in pain but it was a lot less than before. The smooth cloth I’m feeling on my arms and legs told me I was wrapped in bandages. Huh, looks like Atropos didn’t cut anything for me yet.

I was breathing normally and the pain in my chest was gone. I was lying down on something soft – like a cushion – and it was somehow quiet. I tried to open my eyes again, keyword: tried. I failed miserably so I decided to speak instead. I opened my mouth but it was dry and I only managed to croak, “Is anyone here?”

I doubt anyone heard me because of my hoarse voice. I guess I had enough sleep ‘because now I needed something to eat and drink. Maybe I was in camp, back in my old bed but I realized wherever I was lying down, it was too comfy to be my bed. It also has an unfamiliar smell. The smell was like the forest, trees and nature. Oh, gods were the hell am I?

Finally, I heard a shuffling of feet…I guess someone just entered…wherever I am now. I stretched on of my arms and laid my palm on the soft cloth then propped myself up as I was yawning and my eyes cracked open. It took me a while to adjust to the light but after that, I scanned my surroundings. I was in some kind of tent and there were cushions and pillows laid everywhere.

“You’re finally awake,” the hunter in front of me said.

“How long was I out?” I asked. The memories came rushing to me: meeting Rozanne, Gerald dying and Hades locking me up in a tight room. When I can’t take it anymore, this inner energy I had burst out and kinda freed me from the room. I guess the light blasted me out of the Underworld and into a forest.

Sami pursed her lips then opened them again. She began to explain, “We found you unconscious in a forest here in Los Angeles. We were tracking down some monsters then we came across you. You weren’t moving, your breathing was uneven and there was blood dripping from your mouth. We took you and called Artemis. You have no idea how worried your mother was. She searching everywhere for you when the camp said you were lost.”

Okay, so we were in Los Angeles and the hunters saved me. Ha, I knew there was some miracle. “But that doesn’t answer my question,” I said, “How long was I asleep?”

Sami took a deep breath, “Two weeks and five days.” She answered casually. My eyes widened. I was asleep for two weeks?! Then that means…

Summer was over.

Ash and Jed were in Washington, back in Eastern and Ami was in New York in the condo with her mom. Camp was over…

“Are you okay?” Sami questioned. Even though I didn’t answer her, she took out a flask and a plastic box and handed them to me. I opened the box and ate the ambrosia quickly and drank some nectar. I could already feel myself healing some more when I was done.

Sami looked down at my leg and I realized it had a cast on it, “Your leg still needs to heal for a few weeks. Until then, you won’t be able to walk for a while. But you can use crutches…” she said.

I nodded and tried to flex my foot but it hurt some much. I guess I must’ve hit something when I burst out of the Underworld.

“Where have you been, exactly?” Sami arched an eyebrow.

“I’ve been in the Underworld. Long story short, Hades knows who I am and brought me there. He imprisoned me but I managed to get out using my powers.”

“Hmmm, you’re pretty bruised up and hurt. And summoning the stars didn’t help either,” she said.

“Is Artemis here? I want to talk to her,” I asked her.

“Alright, wait here. I’m getting her.”

Sami disappeared out of the tent and in a matter of minutes, my mother – in her motherly form – appeared in front of me. She had this concerned look in her face. Suddenly, I was crushed in her arms as she pulled me into a tight embrace. “Mom…mom please let go,” I said.

She pulled away and smiled at me, “You’re awake…I thought that scumbag might’ve killed you.”

I took her hand and squeezed, “I’m going to be okay, mom, trust me.”

“Tell me everything, now, Clarence. You have to tell me,” she said, her eyes boring into mine.

So I told her everything. Starting from when I came into the forest and talked to Gerald then when the ground swallowed me. I continued to when I woke up in the cage, bruised and wounded. I told her about my conversation with Rozanne and when Gerald appeared. I finally finished to the part I last remembered: when I released a million stars to escape. In the end, I found myself crying in front of my mother.

She pulled me in a much gentle hug, “Clarence, it’s going to be okay.”

I wiped away the tears on my cheeks, “No, it’s not.”

“Look, tomorrow, we’re traveling to New York to return you to camp and you’ll rest there, okay?”

I stared blankly at my mother. Did I really want to go back to camp? What was there to come for?

“No,” I said softly.

“What?”

“I’m not going back to camp,”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m going to join the hunters.”

~ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~

CLARENCE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?

She just asked to be a hunter, did you hear that?! Okay, for those who don’t know what the hunters are then…Hunters are followers of Artemis who hunt along with her. They are given immortality and they promised to never LOVE or marry or else they die. Oh, and they can die in battle, too. SEE? Clarence, you’re not giving love a chance???? LOL :D

 So, who likes the new cover??? Or do you guys want the old one? I was experimenting a bit with Pixlr Editor and it's quite helpful.

-Vireen, Daughter of Riches

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

54.6K 673 45
Another cliché story about mortals meeting demigods. Requests are open, feel free to DM me! Trigger Warning: This story might contain a few sensitive...
117K 3K 45
Chelsea is different from all the demigods before. She lived with her father, Hades in the house if Hades. She trained and learned there all she coul...
3.7K 105 10
**ON HOLD** "I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero" Taylor Swift "Being a dem...
3.5K 327 35
Holly, daughter of Hades, had once died in a fire and went to be reborn. On her way to be born, she had written a letter about her life to have her...