Mischief

By 13CapJackSparrow

Following the events of Ragnarok, Thor decides to bring his fellow Asgardians back to Earth- including his br... More

Prologue
Chapter One- A Quick Descent
Chapter Two- Visitors
Chapter Three- Letting the God In
Chapter Four- Asgard's Fall
Chapter Five- Nightmares
Chapter Seven- The Guardians
Chapter Eight- the Inner Workings of Captain America
A/N: Infinity War
Chapter Nine- Mr Parker
Chapter Ten- Pizza, Coulson and the Chitauri
Chapter Eleven- Chitauri and Unwelcome Visitors
Chapter Twelve- the Other
Chapter Thirteen- Teeny Tiny
A/N
Chapter Fourteen- Coulson to the Rescue
Okay tf???
Chapter Fifteen- The Great Escape
Chapter Sixteen- Pepper Potts
Chapter Seventeen- Tony goes to Space
Chapter Eighteen- Phonecalls
Chapter Nineteen- Exploding Cargo and Interstellar Phonecalls
Chapter Twenty- Admissions and Frost Giants
Chapter Twenty One- Christmas Debacles
Chapter Twenty Two- Hiding in Boredom
Chapter Twenty Three- Squabbles and Invasions
Chapter Twenty Four- Shirtless Shenanigans
Chapter Twenty Five- Snapshots of Regrouping
Chapter Twenty Six- Planning
Chapter Twenty Seven- Mission Impossible
Chapter Twenty Eight- Choose Your Destiny
Chapter Twenty Nine- We Just Want to Help
Chapter Thirty- Bored (pt1)

Chapter Six- The Fight

2.6K 124 160
By 13CapJackSparrow

A battle cry.

The clash of swords.

A single scream.

Silence.

Wanda sighed, removing her fingers from Loki's temples. He found her eyes, desperation flashing his own green.

"You know what it is?" Loki begged. Wanda nodded. "What is it?"

"Memories," Wanda answered. "A woman is holding a baby. The city is under attack. She puts the baby on the steps and turns. She charges the soldiers and they fight, but she is killed. Eventually, a man comes and picks the baby up." She paused, saddened. "That baby is you, Loki. You are remembering your mother's death."

"Delightful," Loki muttered sarcastically. "Is there any way to make it stop?" Wanda frowned.

"I've just told you that you're repeatedly reliving your mother's death and you didn't even bat an eyelid," she said. Loki shrugged.

"I never knew my mother. Not my real one. To me, she's just another fatality of war," he explained.

"I suppose," Wanda murmured. "I don't know how to make it stop. You might just have to let it run its course." Loki sighed, slouching down. "Sorry."

"It's not your fault. I suppose it's just fate catching up on me. I push myself away from what I love most, start a war, and I get shown what could happen. A befitting punishment for a murderer."

"You are not a murderer!" Wanda exclaimed, placing a hand on either side of his face and forcing him to meet her eyes. "Yes, you have done some terrible, terrible things, but you are not a murderer. You did what you thought you had to in order to survive. You made some mistakes. But the fact that you're here shows that you're trying to make that right. That's what matters." Loki's eyes were wide and shocked at the end of Wanda's impassioned speech. He hadn't expected... this.

"Why are you being so kind? I killed hundreds of your people. You should hate me," he murmured. Wanda glanced down, removing her hands.

"Because I was like you once. I was driven by revenge and fury and hate, not caring who got in my way. But I made it right " she put her hand on his cheek. "And you can too."

They stayed like that for a moment, unaware of the door opening. Wanda smiled slightly, but her smile was soon replaced by a horrified expression.

"What the hell is going on here?"

------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark was not expecting to walk in at half past nine in the morning to find one of his friends and his mortal enemy sitting on the sofa, their faces only centimetres apart. Needless to say, he was not pleased.

"What the hell is going on here?" he screeched. Wanda's head snapped towards him, her face a mixture of shock and horror. She jumped off the couch as Loki's eyes closed, as though he were accepting his fate.

"You!" Stark snarled. He threw himself at Loki.

------------------------------------------------------

Clint Barton was not expecting to walk in at quarter to ten in the morning to find one of his friends and his mortal enemy grappling on the floor, while another friend screamed at them. Needless to say he was not pleased.

"What the hell is going on here?" he yelled. Wanda looked up.

"Stark is mad because he thinks me and Loki kissed!" she wailed. Barton glared at the fighters.

"You!"

------------------------------------------------------

"Loki is here peacefully!" Thor reassured his friends and fellow avengers- and Peter. "He just wants to get our people sorted and leave. I promise you." The others nodded, seemingly convinced, for the moment at least. The god of thunder was glad- it was awkward enough without the Avengers wanting to imprison Loki every second. At least they trusted him this far.

A loud crash and a scream startled them. They raised their weapons and, on the count of three, burst into the room.

Thor was not expecting to walk in at ten in the morning to find his brother and two of his friends beating on each other while another of his friends tried to pull them apart, shrieking.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" Wanda screamed, hitting the two men as they rolled around on the floor. They knocked into a cabinet and a vase fell off the top, shattering on the floor. Wanda wailed.

Thor watched the scene with his mouth hanging open. The others wore similar expressions. There was a yelp as Stark managed to mount Loki. He pressed his thumbs into Loki's windpipe, choking the other man. Loki scrabbled at Stark's hands, slowly turning blue. Wanda tried to pull him off, but Barton got in the way. Wanda fell to the floor, tackling the bowman. Barton turned, all four fighting.

There was a guttural roar from behind them. Banner entered the scene to silence, in Hulk form. He regained his original body, glaring at the four. Thor couldn't believe his eyes. The Avengers were fighting each other, and Loki was in the middle of it. Again.

"What are you doing?" Banner shouted. They froze, staring at him. Barton opened and closed his mouth like a fish, his face a mask of shame and embarrassment. There was a choking noise, Loki desperate for air as Stark's hands were still wrapped around his neck. The god of Mischief's eyes were rolling back in his head as oxygen was cut off from his brain. Thor took a step forward, glaring at Stark.

The Iron Man let go, rolling off Loki's chest. Loki coughed, sucking in great lungfuls of air. He coughed again, painfully, pushing himself up into a sitting position and glaring at Stark, rubbing his neck. Thor strode over and crouched beside him, muttering in his ear. Loki shook his head.

"Well?" Banner crossed his arms. Barton mumbled intelligibly, fiddling with the hem of his glove. Stark smirked, clearly at ease with the situation, and Loki just glared at them. It was Wanda who answered.

"Loki asked if I could help him stop a dream he's been having- nightmare, really. Stark came in and assumed that we were kissing and attacked Loki. Barton then came in and, after I tried to explain the situation, also attacked Loki," the disgust was evident in her tone as she glared at the Avengers. Thor glanced at his brother, hurt that Loki wouldn't go to him for help. Loki refused to meet his eyes.

"So, what you're saying is that Loki is entirely innocent in this, and that it's actually Stark and Barton who are to blame?" Romanoff clarified. Wanda nodded.

"For once," Stark muttered, glaring at the Jotun. Barton regained his composure, also giving Loki a glare that could kill a horse.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you two should be ashamed of yourselves," the Captain proclaimed, hands on hips. The others stared at him. "We are the Avengers, not children squabbling in the playground. We represent our entire species, and you fight like honourless dogs. Quite frankly, its embarrassing." Wanda nodded, still glaring at Stark and Barton.

"He is right, there was no need to attack. Loki was asking for help. How do we expect him to behave well if we don't?" She looked like a mother telling off her children, and was just as intimidating. Thor checked over Loki and, to his horror, saw dark bruises blossoming on his neck.

"Look what you did!" Thor roared. He pointed at Loki's neck. Loki batted his hand away.

"I'm fine," he said firmly, standing up. "They were right to react the way they did. The situation must have looked quite compromising, and Stark did exactly what he should have done in such a situation- protected his friend from the enemy. Besides, a little mistrust never hurt anyone."

"It hurt you," Thor mumbled. Loki just laughed.

"Apologise!" Banner yelled. The two agents mumbled an apology, if reluctantly. "That's better. Now, we should... Loki?" All eyes turned back to the God of Mischief. His eyes were glowing a bright green and an evil grin was plastered on his face.

"I am coming," he rasped, his voice not his. Thor's eyes widened in horror. He knew that voice. It belonged to the Destroyer. Loki's eyes rolled back in his head and he collapsed. Again.

A/N: hey guys. And extra long chapter for you to make up for not updating. 1370 words! Hope you had a good Xmas. Please vote, comment etc. It could be my Xmas prezzie? Love you guys xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.8K 52
Falling Wind gushes past me as I tumble through the void. Stars blur together in the never ending dark, and I can't help but feel cold. And it's not...
1.2K 35 8
Taking off where the first book left off..something is happening and it doesn't seem quite right..the world it bittersweet and the trauma lingers hol...
220K 8K 19
What happens when Loki is sent to Earth after a security failure in Asgard? Why is Loki so docile and quite? Clint and Tony want to get to the bottom...
971 16 30
Children and best friends Y/N and Loki are having fun with mischief and pranks until one day as young adults Y/N is faced with bullying but lashes ou...