How to Write Teen Fiction

By TeenFiction

The genre Teen Fiction crosses multiple sub-genres, anything from Horror to Romance to Science Fiction. With... More

02 | Write What You Enjoy
03 | The Do's and Don'ts
04 | Show Vs Tell
05 | Do Your Research
06 | Be Original, Embrace Diversity, and Don't Just use Stereotypes
07 | Protagonist & Antagonist
08 | Grammar & Punctuation
09 | Point of View
10 | Planning Your Plot

01 | Introduction

5.7K 314 37
By TeenFiction

Hey Wattpadders!

Teen fiction (Young Adult) is perhaps one of the fastest growing genre's at the moment. Many teen fiction novels feature coming of age stories highlighting the age of adolescence. With all of its triumphs and heartache- it makes for the perfect background for story telling. We all remember that time in our lives even when we are well into adulthood. Which is why if you are looking for something to stick with your readers, writing teen fiction is a great route to take.

There can be some negative connotations to writing teen fiction. Often people think of cliches. Perhaps not giving your work as much of a chance to connect with your work because there is some misconception of what writing teen fiction is. It is important to understand how to write your story well to help combat those who dislike the cliche books in the teen fiction category or how to hook those who enjoy that type of story.

We know it can get complicated trying to figure out what to do and how to go about writing a book in the first place and we want to help with that. Giving writing advice, helping you embrace originality, tips on how to write in the various genres, etc. The goal being to help you hone in your craft and get the story out that you are proud of. 

❇❇❇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.8K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
73.4K 273 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3
53M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan