I'll Take My Chances

Galing kay Georgia2000x

♤ Book 1♤ This idea came to me while I was watching let's plays of Cuphead Don't Deal With The Devil... a gam... Higit pa

Chapter 1: Don't Deal With The Devil
Chapter 2: Helping Hand
Chapter 3: All In A Days Work
Chapter 4: Deals Have Small Print
Chapter 6: Love Has Its Ways
Chapter 7: Past Nighmare Or Present Scar
Chapter 8: Truth About The Past
Chapter 9: Little Surprise
Chapter 10: A Few Tricks

Chapter 5: Friends Are Family

149 2 0
Galing kay Georgia2000x

It was the morning and the Devil went up to the second floor, then to King Dice's door. Instead of the Devil knocking on the door he broke it down instead. Quickly King Dice and Cherry shot out of bed, he was standing while Cherry remained sat up in the bed.

"Wide awake I see" Said the Devil with a grin as he walked through the now busted doorway.

"Why the hell did you break my door?" Replied King Dice while he rubbed the back of his neck in confusion.

"You have work to do Dice... The Gambling Ball is tomorrow night... and all the preparations need to be done... got it" Continued the Devil without even answering King Dice's questions.

Before King Dice could answer the Devil walked out of King Dice's room.

"Oh I'll get one of the skeletons to fix that for you" Shouted the Devil from down the corridor.

King Dice put a hand on his head and started to sweat, he breathing becoming heavy. Quickly he rushed into his study and grabbed a planner and notebook. Cherry sat up in the bed confused, slowly she got out and went into King Dice's office. She saw him frantically searching through papers and flicking through different books.

"Dice is everything alright?" Cherry Said in a quite but concerning voice.

King Dice placed both his hands on his head, his mind was racing.

"Why did he tell me a day before hand?" Growled King Dice as he slammed both of his hands on the desk.

Cherry jolted back slightly, she had never seen King Dice so angry before. Slowly she started to walk out of his office to give him some space.

"Cherry wait" Shouted King Dice as he put a hand out towards Cherry, then he put one hand on his head and the other on his desk.

Cherry stopped then turned around to face King Dice.

"I'm sorry... this Ball is a really big event... and normally I have a few days to prepare for it... it's a hard thing to plan... and I get like this every time... I'm sorry if I scared you Cherry" Continued King Dice as he started rubbing the sweat off of his face, he never looked over at Cherry once.

Slowly Cherry walked over to King Dice and wrapped her arms around him. King Dice looked down at Cherry, then a little smile formed, and he started to feel a bit better. Gently he wrapped his arms around Cherry and slightly swayed from side to side.

"I'll help you Dice... as much as I can" Said Cherry as she gazed up into King Dice green eyes.

"Thank you Cherry... it means a lot to me" Replied King Dice as a few tears formed in his eyes, and he hugged Cherry a bit tighter.

King Dice let go of Cherry and grabbed a couple of notebooks. They both walked out of his office and King Dice placed the notebooks on his dresser, then walked over to his wardrobe. Cherry walked over to the armchair where her bag and clothes were from the day she lost her soul. She picked up her clothes and turned around, she saw that King Dice was already done and ready.

"Wow... you get ready really quickly" Said Cherry as she started to walk into the bathroom.

"What can I say... you get used to doing things quickly after so long" Replied King Dice as he closed the wardrobe door.

Cherry walked into the bathroom and got ready. She tied her hair up in a high bun, then walked out of the bathroom. Cherry glanced to the side to see King Dice in a tight T-shirt and a pair of shorts. He was gathering the last few notebooks and walked towards Cherry.

"You ready to get to work?" Said King Dice as he gently slid one of his hands down the side of her face.

Cherry nodded, then King Dice started to walk out of his still busted door. Cherry followed close behind him. They both walked over to a large pair of doors then King Dice unlocked the doors. Cherry's eyes went wide with shock as she saw the ballroom above the Casino. Slowly she walked in and her footsteps echoed through the room.

"Well what do you think?" Said King Dice as he walked over to Cherry with a smile on his face.

"It's beautiful... I can see why you get so stressed out about this... this is quite a big room to decorate and prepare for" Replied Cherry as she looked up at King Dice, who was standing next to her.

"I know... it makes it harder when all the people who would have helped you won't anymore" Said King Dice as he started to walk to the centre of the room.

"What do you mean Dice?" Cherry Said in a half confused tone, while her head tilted slightly.

"Last time I managed to upset all of the staff members... and they said they wouldn't be helping this year" King Dice Replied as he placed a hand on his face.

Cherry suddenly has an idea, she gently walked over to King Dice and placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at Cherry with tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Dice I have a idea... do you have a phone I can borrow?" Said Cherry as her face began to light up.

King Dice looked confused at first but then he passed his phone to Cherry. She began to dial a number on the phone then let it ring for a couple of minuets.

"Hello" Said the person on the other end of the phone.

"Cuphead... it's me Cherry" Replied Cherry in a hyped up tone.

"Cherry... but how? Why?" Cuphead Said in an extremely shocked time.

"Listen Cuphead, I don't have time to explain... can you get all our friends together and meet me at the Casino in about half an hour?" Said Cherry as she started to pace back and forth.

"Okay... I'll see you soon Cherry" Replied Cuphead as he ended the call on Cherry.

"Cups who was that?" Said Mugman as he came down from the top of the stairs.

"It was Cherry... She wants us to gather all out friends and meet her at the Casino" Replied Cuphead as he turned around to fully face Mugman.

Meanwhile back at the Casino, Cherry handed King Dice his phone back.

"We'll have some help soon Dice don't worry about it" Said Cherry as she gave King Dice an adorable smile.

"So what needs to be done then?" Continued Cherry as she walked over to King Dice, gently she grabbed the books from him and placed them on the bar.

King Dice walked over to a store cupboard at the side of the room. He unlocked the doors and turned around to face Cherry.

"We've gotta put these tables out to begin with" Said King Dice as he stepped to the side and pointed to the round tables.

Cherry glanced up towards King Dice then left the paper work on the bar table. Quickly she walked over to King Dice and started helping him set the tables out. It was about half an hour when they managed to get half the tables out. Suddenly there was a knock at the Casino doors, Cherry walked down the grand staircase at the back of the room. The staircase was at the back of the Casino, quickly Cherry walked over to the doors and unlocked them. She was greated by all her friends throughout the entire isles.

"Cuphead... Mugman" Said Cherry as a few tears started to form in her eyes.

The three of them had a group hug, then Cherry glanced up and almost burst out crying.

"Elder Kettle" Said Cherry as she put a hand over her mouth and held back some tears.

Slowly she walked over to Elder Kettle, and wrapped her arms around him. Gently he wrapped his arms around Cherry and hugged her tightly. Cuphead and Mugman joined in and the four of them almost started crying.

"So Cherry what did you call all of us here for?" Said Mugman as the four of then stopped hugging each other.

"I need some help setting up The Gambling Ball" Replied Cherry as she gave them a small smile.

"Well then lead the way Cherry... we're in" Said Cuphead with a hyped up tone and a wide smile on his face.

"Thank you all of you... I appreciate it so much" Replied Cherry as she smiled to the whole group.

Cherry walked through the Casino doors with everyone following behind her, they all walked towards the grand staircase and up them. King Dice was still moving and pulling tables around the room.

"Hey Dice... need a hand?" Shouted Cherry from the top of the grand staircase.

King Dice turned around to face Cherry and the entire crowd of people. He smiled and shaked his head.

"You're really full of surprises Cherry" Replied King Dice as he stood up straight, a smile formed on his face.

"Well what can I say... you've helped me out now it's my turn to help you out" Replied Cherry as she gave King Dice a wide smile, then she walked over to the bar with the group.

"Cuphead, Mugman, Elder Kettle, can you help with the tables and chairs?" Said Cherry as she looked over to the three of them, they all nodded and walked over to where King Dice was.

"Cagney can you sort out the flower centre pieces for the tables" Continued Cherry as she turned to look at the giant orange flower behind her, he nodded and started to draw up different ideas.

"Root pack, Baroness Von Bon Bon, Rumor Honeybottoms can I leave you three in charge of the catering?" Continued Cherry as she turned around to look at the three of them, they all nodded and got to work.

"Beppi, Cala Maria, Phantom Express, can you sort out the decorations please" Continued Cherry as she looked to the three of them, they all nodded and all started drawing different designs and ideas.

"Finally Sally, can I leave you to get the entertainment sorted" Continued Cherry as she looked over to Sally, she gave Cherry a nod and started dialing numbers on her phone.

Cherry looked down at the paper work on the bar table, she flicked through the checklist and saw that everything was being sorted. Slowly she walked over to Sally and helped her with the entertainment.

Meanwhile over with King Dice, Cuphead, Mugman and Elder Kettle. King Dice glanced over at Cherry a couple of times, seeing her happy and enjoying herself, felt really good to him.

"So King Dice... what's the deal with you and Cherry?" Said Cuphead with a mischevious grin as he nugged King Dice's arm.

"Nothing why?" Replied King Dice as he tried to hide away his true feelings for Cherry, while he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on King Dice, the way you look at her... you really like her don't you" Said Mugman as he stood next to his brother looking up at King Dice.

"Boys leave Mr King Dice, I'm sure he doesn't want to talk about that" Interrupted Elder Kettle as he stood behind Cuphead and Mugman and placed a hand on each of their shoulders.

Cuphead and Mugman walked off whistling with their hands behind their backs. Elder Kettle shock his head and smiled while he looked at his boys.

"I'm sorry if my boys were too personal with their questions Mr King Dice" Said Elder Kettle while he rubbed the back of his neck with a small smile.

"Oh it's fine Sir really, it's understandable" Replied King Dice as he waved his hand slightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"But my boys do have a point, you look at Cherry with a passion... like she's the one you've been waiting for" Elder Kettle Said as he glanced up at King Dice then slowly over to Cherry, King Dice glanced over at Cherry and thought that Elder Kettle might be right.

King Dice saw Cherry laughing and smiling with all the group. Taking photos and messing about while getting the work done. Cherry turned around to face Elder Kettle and King Dice.

"Elder Kettle, Dice come and join us" Shouted Cherry as she waved them over to the group, slowly they both walked over to the whole group.

They all gathered together and had a group photo. They took all different photos throughout the day of preparations.

Cherry, Sally and some of the others were messing around with costumes and different plays to perform. Beppi, Cala Maria and Phantom Express where working on the decorations when Beppi burst one of the confetti filled balloons over them. Everyone looked around and started laughing. Cherry walked over to the confetti explosion and had a look at the confetti.

"Wow... nice idea putting poker chips, playing cards and dice in the balloons guys" Said Cherry as she gave the three of them a smile.

"Say anyone wanna try some of the food we've made back here?" Shouted Baroness Von Bon Bon from the kitchen, the aroma of the food came drifting out of the kitchen and to the ballroom.

The Root Pack, Baroness Von Bon Bon and Rumor Honeybottoms came out of the kitchen with all different kinds of food trays. Everyone walked over and tried a few of the food tray samples they brought out. Cherry glanced around the group but couldn't see King Dice, she squeezed through the group over to Elder Kettle, Cuphead and Mugman.

"Hey Elder Kettle, have you seen Dice around?" Said Cherry as anxiety grew inside her, from the fear that the Devil might have done something to him.

"He said he was going out to get a few things" Replied Elder Kettle as he placed a hand on Cherry's shoulder and started to gently pat it.

"What do you like King Dice Cherry?" Smirked Cuphead as he nudged Cherry's arm and raised his eyebrows up and down.

"No we're just friends that's all" Replied Cherry as she tried to hide her true feelings for King Dice, she slightly blushed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"You're not fooling us Cherry... We can see that you have some feelings for him" Said Mugman as he stepped a tiny bit closer to Cherry, with a grin on his face.

Suddenly there was a massive smash which echoed through the room. Everyone turned around to look at the centre of the room, where Cagney had accidentally dropped one of the centre pieces.

"Are you alright Cagney?" Said Cherry as she started to walked over to him.

"Yeah I'm alright" Replied Cagney as he started to pick up the broken pieces of the centre piece.

"Don't worry I did make a few spare ones" Continued Cagney as he picked up all the broken pieces.

Cherry gave him a smile and helped him stand up. She pointed to the bin and Cagney put the broken pieces in it. After a few hours they all stood in the centre of the room and admired their work.

The tables spaced around the side of the room, with a flower centre piece, and a few confetti filled balloons on each of the tables. The chairs had massive white bows on the back of them. There was a stage at the front of the room with a few instruments. The tables for the food were set next to the bar.

"Thank you so much for all the help you guys" Said Cherry as she looked at the group, trying to hold back a couple of tears.

"It's been fun Cherry, you don't need to thank us" Replied Cuphead as he gave Cherry a wide smile.

"Well I appreciate it all so much" Cherry rephrased as she gave them all a smile and wiped her eyes down.

They all had a group hug, still laughing and having fun. It was about 11:00pm when everything was completely done. They all said their goodbyes to each other, but they would all see each other again tomorrow night. Quietly she locked the Casino doors then went back up the grand staircase. Slowly she walked to the middle of the ballroom and hugged herself. Cherry wanted to start crying, she was looking on her phone at all the photos taken today. She put her phone in her pocket and slowly turned around. Cherry started walking back to King Dice's room when she bumped into someone. Frightfully Cherry looked up only to be relieved when her eyes were graced with King Dice.

"Dice... where have you been?" Said Cherry as she wrapped her arms around him and gently placed her head on his chest.

"Come to my room and I'll show you what I've been up too Cherry" Replied King Dice as he gazed down on Cherry in his arms.

Cherry looked up confused, but went along with King Dice back to his room.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

771 35 15
♤ Book 2 ♤ The Devil has finally left Inkwell. Everyone couldn't be more happy now... well except one person. Cherry's soul contract is still missing...
182K 4.7K 57
you died unexpectedly saving your friends life, doing so you sinned and sent to hell where you are trailed by the devil himself and along the way a c...
126K 2.5K 13
King Dice has been by the Devil's side for over fifteen years now. Although the casino seems to be a happy place, there is always a front to keep. Wi...
7.7K 137 13
After defeating the Devil, Cuphead and Mugman can't help but wonder what will happen to the casino since the owner was banished and the souls of the...