Once Upon An Us (Completed)

By skittle-sticks

Paige Knight has had a crush on her neighbour since she could remember, stealing peaks at him through the win... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
epilogue

Chapter four

1.7K 208 35
By skittle-sticks

My phone had been beeping for hours and it wasn't interested in stopping without an answer.

Whoever it was had definitely marked their death sentence — there was no turning back but as the good soul I was I decided to ignore the insolent behavior and carry on with my slumber, it wasn't even dawn yet.

After a few minutes of peace and silence believing that the individual got the message and had no desire to die — with another beep he proved me wrong. I couldn't bear the agony, at this point a darn alarm or a cock wouldn't be a bad idea.

Devastated and deprived of a well slept night I summoned the courage to reveal the identity of the killer, stretching my hand to retrieve my phone from the bedside drawer not surprised by the name that popped up
150 messages from Brandon.

He had always looked like a jobless fellow to me and now this mad stunt just confirmed my hypothesis.

Come outside I read his message but wasn't too keen to comply, only God knew what monstrosity he had in store but all my attempts to lay back on my cozy bed was fruitless — since messages weren't working he decided to move to the next phase — throwing stones, at this rate my window was going to be broken before dawn and any moment from now I wouldn't be the only sleeping monster his determination would awaken.

After seconds of accepting defeat and assuring my inner spirit that everything was going to be alright I strolled out of the room and down the stairs forgetting to at least change out of my Minnie mouse night wear. Opening the door — even though it wasn't morning I was expecting to be blinded by a scorching sunlight but all I got was star lights, and they weren't so scorching nor blinding.

“Finally sleeping beauty awakens ... for a minute there I thought I had to come up there and give you a kiss” he grinned.

“Ha-ha” my voice dripping with sarcasm and the longing to go back to bed. My eyes suddenly drifted to his look observing something I wish didn't — he was wearing a blue running suit.

Omg retreat... retreat I screamed in my head, no amount of beeping would be enough to drag me out for the agenda he had planned — about to retreat into my house I felt his firm grip drag me back, pulling my night wear like I was some dog on a leech.

“I am a girl who believes in human right; I deserved my freedom of movement!” I screamed loudly.

“Save it for someone who cares” he smiled and continued his inhumane act of dragging me to only God knows where but soon God wasn't the only person in on the secret cause as I watched him drag me past Ashley's house I knew exactly where we were heading — the race track, I cried.

Our neighborhood had been terrible enough to create this agent of morning torture were people voluntarily went to inflict agony on themselves and called it a morning jog.

Letting go of my cloth, my freedom was finally handed back to me and I knew exactly what to do with it, racing back home wasn't an option — it was a necessity. But my dreams were cut short once more by a firm grip.

Brandon's scary glared fired at me “I just want to stretch my legs” I lied, hoping he was the gullible type but watching as the frown marred his handsome face I could tell he wasn't.

“Fine” I grumbled and accepted my current situation with open arms.

After a few minutes of scanning whether I was lying he still didn't seem close to letting me go — was my plan of escape really that obvious? I had always been a girl of my words — well maybe not always there was this time with -

My eyes popped open as I watched Brandon handcuff our hands together.
“You leave me no choice” he answered to my dazed look.

“What are you doing with a handcuff?” stupid ... stupid I imaginary slapped my brain wondering why that was the first question that rushed out of my mouth.

“You wouldn't want to know” he smirked, raising different possibilities in my head but at the end they all stuck on juvenile or maybe he had been dumb enough to rob an officer — but no, Brandon was dumb but not that dumb, he probably brought it from a store if a store can sell guns for massacre then what's stopping it from selling handcuffs soon they would probably start selling explosives and nuclear weapons all in the name of it's the twenty-first century

“Please explain to me again why you dragged me here?” I sighed; all my possibilities of an escape had been cut down to none.

“You said you wanted to be a bad girl” he replied, like that was enough answer to improve my mood.

“And I don't see how this helps me become one”

“You have to look the part” Brandon grinned.
My brows furrowed in anger but more of frustration, I was even trying to add some weight to fit into my clothes without reminding me of a broomstick in clothes and here he was about to ruin all my years of accomplishment — he wanted me to lose weight!

“You think am fat!” I shot not too happy about the accusation.

“No” he answered and I suddenly felt a sigh of relief escape my lips but soon I suddenly wished that I had allowed him to complete his statement first “I don't think it, I know it” he smirked.

This was wrong — completely wrong. I wasn't fat, my legs still reminded me of a broomstick.

I scooted closer to Brandon until our faces were inches away from each other.

“Let's be honest — I know honesty isn't your best policy but still... let's pretend it is. Did you actually bring me here to lose some weight? Or to torture my soul out of my body?” my eyes piercing into his, searching for some truth, I had no idea why I was so worked up about what he thought of my body. It was my body not his.

“Okay... okay, since we're bringing up the topic of honesty, I'll save you the stress of dying before your time. No you are not fat and I may have or may not have dragged you out here by 5am to torture you”

“Fair enough” I smiled and scooted out of his personal space but I couldn't shift much farther considering the metal that was binding us together.

“Ready?” he asked eyeing the race track.

“No, but it's not like am ever going to say yes” I sighed and without a warning he dashed off — racing in full speed and dragging me behind like a human for slaughter, sentenced to such a cruel death inflicted by the Romans.

We ran for hours, my muscles were trembling from exhaustion and inability to take a step forward without breaking down to the ground, forgetting we were linked together Brandon took a step forward indirectly forcing me to take one too and as I predicted I fell down to the ground dragging him along with me. Puffing and huffing — I lacked stamina and the physique for sport my spotlight was more of the reading aspect and Brandon like always had been too dumb to realize that.

Days of hibernation wouldn't be enough to restore the legs I had lost. Both unable to stand up we relaxed on the ground taking time to admire the view of dawn.

It was beautiful, the way the sun rose up so elegantly, the amber color it reflected around itself “you know I have never really seen a sunrise” I spoke not even sure why I said it.

“You should get out more often”

That wasn't the response I was hoping for, I was kind of hoping for this kind of movie stuff where the characters bond under the sunlight but I guess I really did watch a lot of movies cause in reality it wasn't happening any time soon at least not with Brandon.

“You know whenever I sat here to watch a sunrise I have no idea why but you always popped into my head” he spoke leaving me shocked, it was hard to believe that I popped into his mind, especially in a beautiful moment like a sunrise — my cheeks suddenly felt warm and soon they flushed red.

“Wish I could say the same” I chuckled ruining the moment like I always did. It was something I wanted but now that I got it I was ruining it, maybe because it sounded too good to be true.

“Well you can't now but sooner or later you're going to see things differently. One day you're going to come here without me and that day I'm going to be the only thing that runs through your mind” he spoke confidently like he was so sure of what the future had in store or maybe it was just another one of his theories.

“I doubt that” I answered. “But it wouldn't hurt to see it happen” I smirked and glanced at his cocky grin then back at the rising sun.

Relaxing on the ground with Brandon didn't seem half bad like I expected — it actually felt nice.

“So you really want to do the Casper stuff?” he asked, for a moment it felt like he didn't want me to go ahead with it, but I was sure it was only my imagination.

“Yeah I do” I finally answered.
He turned his gaze away from the sunrise and then to me. “You know everything's gonna change” he sighed and I couldn't understand what he meant and neither did he give me the chance too.

“We can't waste this opportunity” he suddenly got upon me — my eyes shocked at the athletic monster with light green eyes that was now directly on top of me, relived that no one had passed by yet. “You know — alone, sunrise, an open street — it's perfect” smirking deviously.

And yup there he was once again cocky Brandon; I was stupid to have thought that for a moment he was hoping for something else and without any hesitation I raised a kick right for his balls sending him crying to the ground.

“You really want to be a bad girl?” he groaned trying to endure the pain, holding back his shriek of pain that was about to burst out.

“Yes” I smirked happily with my achievement.

“Step one never kick your sensei's balls!” he screamed, his shriek of pain all bursting out and so did my rush of laughter.

A/N: pls don't forget to click the cute star and leave your comments below, hope you liked the chapter?❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 111K 42
Miles Cunningham is not the right guy to fall for. Isabella knows that. So when he decides to barge his way into her life, she does everything she ca...
38.2M 1.1M 75
Cali's life turned upside down when her new next door neighbour Kyle Knight came crashing in to her life. He was possessive, easily jealous and misu...
6.4K 456 8
***as published on Amazon*** What happens when the bad boy turns out to be your knight in shining armor? Gwen wasn't expecting to fall for anyone...
2.5K 219 28
Every single person, at least once in their school life would have had this strong feeling of love for a person who is more appropriately known to yo...