Blind Love( Completed, Kings...

By AlenaDes

Beautiful cover by Tayler Walker. This can be read as a standalone. Samuel is haunted by his inner demons, hi... More

A Few Words
The Changes
The Unknown
Gone
Encounter
Exorcism
My Cane
Betrayal
Dead
Surprise
Sacrifice
Thirst
The Soulless
Outside
Escape
Circles
Sick
The Promise
The switch
The Mansion
Back
We will survive
Hurting
Not Sharing
Open it
All is Well
Ready for new use
Insanity
Second is the Charm
I now know
Found it
Whatever
You have to....
I'll have a look
Run
Where's she?
Take it Away
Back
The Hostage
Nora
Come to me
New Race
What could go wrong
Rope
Blood of my heart
Wee-Ruan
Worth it
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1: Visiting Hell
Bonus Chapter 2: Secrets
Bonus Chapter 3: Tol'vir
Riana's Book
Riana's book is now published

The Ritual

1.1K 153 49
By AlenaDes

This is the second update today

 (Diana's POV)

I was having difficulty making progress. All the vampires in the Mansion were possessed. Every time I saw a cloud of blackness coming towards me, I had to find a place to hide. Once I found myself hiding in the kitchen pantry the very one where Sam and I had hidden together. Then I heard voices.

"C'mon there's a pantry here."

"Well, hurry up, where is it? They are coming."

Shit, who was coming? My heart beat so fast I couldn't even form a plan.

And the door opened without me being able to get out. I couldn't even scream. It happened so fast.

"Oh good, you are here, too." Riley. I couldn't utter a word of amazement as the shadows were in the kitchen. And, then truly I couldn't breathe. Nora, Riley and I were squeezed into this narrow space and my nose was buried in Riley's back, I could swear it was changing shape.

"Move a bit," I whispered, trying to wiggle to ease my hip pain. My whole right leg had gone numb.

"Where dear Diana do you want me to move?" he whispered back.

"Ssh" Nora hushed us.

"Where is this woman? Look everywhere. Ruan needs to drink her blood right after the ritual."

They were here.

That brought me to my senses. They were looking for me. There was no surprise in that. But they surely needed Sam for the ritual. But he wasn't here, was he? Had I been too late? On that note, why wasn't he with Riley and Nora? Where exactly was he?

Chairs toppled in the kitchen, the sounds resembled the one in a war zone. Things were probably flying in the air. Were they dismantling the whole kitchen? Something hit the pantry door with such a loud noise that Nora pulled back reflexively. Riley fell back on me like a domino tile. And, then I truly knew what it meant to be crushed. I would not heal from this. "I need space," I whispered. "Please." And then the walls of the pantry moved outward in such a subtle move, and then they expanded to the back. Inch by inch. I could now move my legs and arms, and my now crooked nose could inhale oxygen freely. Had the pantry just doubled in size?

"All this time, you had space," Riley admonished.

I couldn't believe it had come to this, fight over who had more space. I didn't say anything. Nobody had noticed what had just happened.

When the battle seemed to have ended, meaning, they had broken everything, there was silence.

"The pantry," one of them said.

"Shit," I heard Riley mutter.

"Where is it?" another asked.

"I don't know. It was supposed to be here."

They couldn't see it. Was that Riley's deception? Had it started working?

Footsteps echoed on the kitchen tiles and then tapered off. They had left. I was in no hurry to open the pantry door now that I had some space.

"Whew," he said.

"Was that you?" I asked.

"No, but whatever it was, I'm thankful."

I saw the medallion was shining. Could it be? Naw, I dismissed the thought.

"Where's Sam?" I asked.

"Your stupid mate is busy being possessed," Riley said. "We were, in fact, looking for you. The only way to help him is to end this once and for all. Even if I can manage to deceive Ruan, I can't control the shadows."

"Are you telling me..." I couldn't finish my sentence. What were we doing here, chatting? "Move," I said, pushing him. He wasn't as malleable as an object, but he was rational enough to open the door and get out. "How was he captured?"

"He wasn't."

"Come again?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Did I mention he was stupid? He walked in. You can say, he kinda surrendered. Yeah, it beats me too. I hope Riana hasn't gotten any genes from him. Now that would be a shame."

"Why?" What had he been thinking?

"He thought you'd be there and then you would do your thing and we would do our thing. It just didn't work out exactly that way."

"Okay, I'll do the same thing," I said.

"What?" Riley burst out.

"I'll walk in and then we'll carry out the rest of the plan."

"I'm beginning to believe Fate has chosen badly. Two such creatures being mated, what will befall on our nephews and nieces? It's too much on my poor Ori-hun."

"Riley, stop talking and show me the way. When I start my thing as you say you can come out of hiding and join us." We were only four against so many. I didn't point it out but I didn't know how to depossess so many at the same time. I'd tried it only on Nora. And it had taken precious minutes to do it. How would I do it against so many and so quickly? But confidence was still my new name. They had my mate and I would get him back.

"Sure don't let me hold you," he said. He guided me to where they would find me. It wasn't hard really, they were everywhere. And, then I didn't hear his chatter anymore. That was a blessing.

"I'm here," I shouted. I could have waited for them, but time was of the essence.

Then they were crowding me like a pack of vultures targeting dead meat.

They held me tightly. We walked towards the throne room, I recognized it by its purplish color. The blackness inside was so suffocating that walking forward was painful.

"Where's Samuel?" I asked.

"The ritual has already started, so shut up. He'll call you when he is ready."

"No," I shouted. That wouldn't do. I was here to disrupt the ritual. But they wouldn't allow me to go forward.

I tried to make a sprint. But, they stopped me and clamped a hand over my mouth. I heard Ruan's words.

"Take me to your body. With Lucifer's protection, I seek entry. I seek immortality."

I heard Samuel's mocking response. "No, I do not give you permission."

"Keep him silent," Ruan shouted. And then he repeated the words of the ritual once more.

Time was running out. Tick Tack. The passage of time pounded in my head in slow motion. Every second, every millisecond.

"No," I wanted to shout but my words were muffled. I closed my eyes, held my medallion and dived into the ones holding me, to the ones keeping me silenced and immobile. The anger in me was like a huge wave burying everything in its foam, wiping away everything else, but the need to survive the need to conquer. There was the need to save Samuel and nothing else. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get to their core, how easy it was to push back the blackness how easy it was to force them out with the power of the amethyst violet.

Get in, push your hand deep, use the power, and pull your hand out. Was I becoming an expert in this or what? The vampires surrounding me in a protective circle cried out in pain and soon the dark shadows were coming out of their mouths in a black vapor. The blackness billowed in dense clouds, floating in the room like stupified ghosts. As the bodies fell in exhaustion, I saw that my job was not done, I had tens of other vampires preventing me from going forward.

I raised my hands, every finger became a hand, as I dipped one in each of the bodies. I didn't have to touch the medallion anymore, it was activated at all times. I let the violet spread from my fingertips, I felt the heat of it as it enveloped the blackness. I heard the distressful cry, I pulled back repeating it with the next bunch.

The dark shadows were now roaming in the room, trying to get back to the bodies. But I had a bigger problem. Now my vision of colors was no longer blocked by the possessed bodies. I pushed through the sight of blackness and I saw Ruan's soul. So, it was out. His body lay in a rotten color on the ground. He was about to enter Sam's body.

"Diana," Sam said and then he gritted his teeth as if he was trying to stand firm. He fell on his knees, Ruan's spirit was seeking entrance. Sam was holding on but barely. Whatever magic was on foot in here I didn't know but it was strong. Damn, I needed to solidify Ruan's spirit.

I saw some part of Ruan's spirit disappear in Sam's body and that's when I screamed. The urgency of what I needed to do made me snap. The violet light began to shine so brightly that the whole room became a crystal globe of violet. There was so much power, so much light. The shadows became solid bodies, expanding in all directions like trees with branches. But all I cared about was Ruan.

What had happened to him?

Thanks for reading 

Alena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.1K 33
(Read at your own risk) What happens when Sarah's prediction about her sister's boyfriend comes true? Yes, he is dangerous. Marc (Lily's boyfriend) i...
31.5K 822 25
* Vampire x Human au * THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT LIKE SEXUAL LANGUAGE/ CONTENT AND VIOLENCE, RAPE, MENTION OF BLOOD In a world where vampires...
1.4M 61K 34
When Sarah Solomon took refuge in an old cottage in the woods, she knew it would only be a matter of time before the monsters came a' calling. Curse...
331 48 31
Lydia Vinslen, a vampire princess find herself irresistibly drawn to the hot-as-hell human bad boy, Daniel Foster. Arrogant, egoistic, flirtatious a...