quick as lightning

By Dreamsofdragons1

Piper Fray was normal, well...she didn't eat the stalk part of her broccoli but other than that she was norma... More

Sooooooooo
1. In which the twins are 18
2. Insight
3. Goodbye phone hello Heimlich
4- the goblet of huffelpuff
5. Twintuition
6. Kind of creature
7. Adjustments
8. Seeing through your eyes
9. Skin tight
10. truth time
11. Sweet tooth
12. A regular merida
13. Lions, tigers, werewolves oh my
14. Madmax
15. Lightwood's girlfriend
16. aVOIDance
17. Slapdown showup
18. Yes jace, since demons
19. Meet the parents
20. A role to play
22. Anger issues
22. A whole new world
23. Fugitive
24. Vines with attitude
25. Walk down memory lane
26. Stupid hearts
27. Once again missing
28. Teeth on lips
29. Taken
Hey peeps
Its me again
Intro to part 2
30. Return of the rebellious princess
31. Family vs. family
32. Fabulous five
33. No means no
34. Iron sisters and dates with misters
35. Hideaway
36. Lightning strikes
37. Positively glowing
38. The newfound cousin
39. Stealing pain
40. Chaos rising
41. Another broken nose
42. Pilec...oh, and those other ppl
43. Saving magnus
44. Startling news
45. Secrets and lies
46. Medical mystery
47. All but one
48. Piper drowning ft. Lake lynn
49. In the rain
51. A cure of blood
52. Almost the end of the line
53. Dragons or demons
54. Ending
YOU GUYS
55. A brave new world
56. Cold shoulder
What a surprise

50. Paralized

3.4K 88 5
By Dreamsofdragons1

The angel looked me over thoughtfully, as I stood in the center of the room. He walked around before looking at my shoulder where the golden swirls started. He looked at the mark through golden lashes before back to me.

"My love, it has been so long since I've seen you." He chuckled and I furrowed my brows.

"Uh, What is this?" I pointed to my shoulder and he walked close to me as I slightly moved back.

"That would be an angelic rune, only a angel can place one on a shadowhunters, but it appears that it wasn't properly placed." He stepped closer and I frowned.

"Well how do I turn it into a proper rune?" I asked and he smiled.

"If you let me, I can shape it into a proper rune, this one will allow part of your ability to go to your parabatai." I thought for a moment, after all, if there was a way to give Izzy half my speed, strength and possibly even energy and lightning, I would.

"Okay." I nodded, he used his nimble fingers to trace the rune forming it into two tringals linked by a circle, metallic gold in color. "Also, why am I having dreams of lake Lynn?" I asked shaking my head. "I know clary is having them too."

"My love, that is for you to figure out, with the help of your two other angelic parts, Jace and Clary." He nodded "but I can tell you one thing, once Isabelle has your energy, you won't be able to use it anymore, you will have speed and lightning but not the energy something else might come into play"

I hesitated, my energy had been my first ability, was I ready to give up that piece of myself? The thought of loosing Izzy flashed through my mind and my thoughts were stilled.

"What about my sensation for when something is about to happen? The snippets of the future?" I asked and he walked a distance away from me.

"You Get Those from your brother, that was his gift, he passed it to you. However it is not as strong as his was. This is a ghost of his abilities." Micheal answered before starting to fade.

"Micheal!" I scowled, how angels loved to leave halfway through a question. I sighed, having the feeling that Izzy was confused by the new gold rune on her shoulder.

As I stood in the courtyard I shook my head, it would be best to find the dark haired girl and explain it to her. Also to ramble about how Alec was a dick for keeping the soul sword info from me. As I walked through the institute I gasped, something bad was going to happen to max.

I shouted for Izzy and Alec as I sprinted through the halls coming to the office. On the inside was Sebastian and clary talking about finding Alec.

"Piper, what's wrong?" Sebastian frowned, looking at my shoulder. "Is that an angels mark?" He asked eyeing it and I looked around the room.

"Max, has anyone seen max?" I asked and they shook their head.

"Piper, have you seen Micheal? Angel marks hold liquid electrum and angel blood." Clary muttered touching the gold mark.

"Yeah, But that's not the point, I need to find max!" I shouted as they followed after me, I ran through the op center shouting Max's name before crashing into Isabelle.

"Piper have you seen-the rune." She swapped comparing mine to hers.

"I'll be quick, Micheal told me that this rune could give you some of my powers. Half my angel speed which is close to that of a vampire, and all of my energy. You can find out how to work it later but right now we need to find max." I breathed.

"Why? What's wrong?" Jace asked leading us to a table with clary and Sebastian, ALec stood looking at us.

"Uh, I just had this feeling, a bad one, something feels wrong about max." I said and Alec rolled his eyes.

"We have more pressing matters than a feeling." He said bitterly and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well normally when I get this feeling it ends up correct." I said looking at he others. "But max-"

"Enough about max!" ALec Shouted And my mouth fell open in shock. "We have to protect the mortal mirror from Johnathan and valentine. I've got guards surrounding it." He said and I crosse dmy arms.

"I don't care about some dumb mirror ALec! I. Are about max, your little brother, the one that could be in danger." I snarled and his brows pinched.

"Fine, go look for him, I'll keep the mortal mirror safe." He stormed off with Jace following after him. I turned to Izzy.

"What do you think?" I asked and she tilted her head from side to side

"Let's look for max, then focus on the mirror she decided." I nodded in agreement as we walked side by side.

I was on edge, with the new loss of my energy I filled it with suspicion and nervousness, since Alec had kept me out I didn't even know if we were engaged or not. Honestly, the boy was a emotional roller coaster. My red hair swung back and forth from my ponytail as I walked through the hallways, thankful that my leather shorts and tank top were breathable And comfy yet good for fighting.

"So what happened between you and Alec?" She asked and I sighed.

"Well we got engaged, but the. We had a big fight about him keeping me out of the whole soul sword thing and how I had no power, me being the 'face' of the shadowhunters and not holding any power." I scowled and she gawked.

"So your going to marry him?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know anymore, he kept a big thing from me, the soul sword could cause so much harm, not only to me but to everyone with a drop of blood that's not human." I sighed and she nodded.

"I understand, but I think you should try and work things out, after everything has calmed down a bit." She said and I smiled, I felt better getting it off my chest.

"You really are good at advice." I chuckled but a frown quickly replaced the smile as I saw blood on the ground, leaving a trail.

Slowing, Izzy and I watched the trail lead towards her room, as we found the door open my gaze adjusted up and I gasped.

"Max!" She Shouted And we dashed to the passed out boys sides, blood coating the bottom of his face. "Max wake up!" She gently shook him and I took his hands panic going over me. I felt a very light pulse.

"He's alive, but just barely." I muttered as we held him between us, his limp form. "This is my fault, all my fault, I should have found him faster." I felt warm tears fill my eyes.

"Help!" Screamed Izzy loudly, as we both looked to each other with mirrored fear and tears.

"Izzy you need to use your energy to levitate him, we need to get him to the medical wing." I said and she shook her head, sobbing lightly.

"I can't! I-I-"

"Izzy!" I snapped. "Do it, save him!" I said and she snapped her fingers and max hovered and she gasped. We were then able to carry him to the hospital wing. Jace and clary appearing as we set him down.

"WhT happened?" Alec ran up to us, running his hand through his hair.

"He was attacked." I answered letting the other check him over. "Izzy and I got to him like this." I crossed my arms.

"We need to find out who did this, has he woken up?" He asked going to his brothers side as Sebastian appeared. My gut prickled and I held my arm out, stopping him.

"No." I said and he frowned. "Your not family". I replied and he stood there looking at max.

"Has he spoken? Identified his attacker?" He asked and I face my back to the tall blonde, brushing my fingers over Max's hand.

"No." Izzy answered.

"He doesn't need to." I sighed, my sadness changing to anger, I rolling my hands into fists feeling sparks humming off me.

"Who would hurt him?" Clary asked and I closed my eyes trying to remain calm.

"Johnathan did this". I answered and they looked to me. "And when I find him I will dismember him one fiber at a time." I replied Cooly the lights started flickering, I knew if I kept this anger up the whole building would be lights out.

"How do you even know?" Sebastian asked and I spun around.

"Piper you need to calm down." Clary whispered and I grit my teeth.

"No! I'm not just going to calm down!" I shouted before a prick signaled that I had just been injected with tranq.

"Sebastian!" Jace said angerly as Alec caught me holding me bridal style.

"She was going to blow out the whole building! I had to calm her down so that we can have a chance at finding Johnathan." Sebastian spoke and my drowsy state so that I could barely move.

"Go, I'll stay with them." Izzy nodded and Alec set me on the same bed as Max, so that I took his hand in mine as Izzy sat on the other side holding her brothers head.

I was in and out of consciousness, never fully awake. But enough to respond to questions and occasionally move my fingers. My never ending fear of being paralyzed has emerged again, after being unable to defend myself once I was utterly terrified now. What if someone came after me? How could I defend myself?

"Hey, Izzy, take a break for a little while. I can watch over these two." Sebastian's voice cut through my thoughts and my eyes darted open and to Izzy.

"No." I whispered to her and she looked from max and I to Sebastian. "Please don't."

"I don't know." She muttered nervously.

"A couple minutes will do you good." He smiled, his 'kind' manner convincing her. My mind and body screaming in protest as she slowly crumbled.

"Okay." She sighed walking towards the door. However just as my fear was almost to a breaking point Mayrse and Robert dashed to the bed and my fear broke into tears. Today was feeling more stress on me.

"Max." The worries parents lived over their son. I felt awful, it was my fault, max would be okay if I had just been there faster for him.

"Mayrse, I'm so sorry." I cried, shaking my head as best I could. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there quick enough." I broke down and the woman moved my loose red hair from my face, drying my tears.

"I don't blame you at all Penelope." She smiled lightly. "If you hadn't found him he would be dead."

"I couldn't save him." I muttered and she kissed my forehead.

"You tried." Robert said and then Mayrse took one of my hands with one hand and Max's with the other. My eyes drooped closed and I began to panic, one of my times I couldn't move or hear or see.

Find a memory, a happy memory

Find a tether

Alec was the first one on my mind, I was almost surprised it wasn't my parabatai. A memory stirred from the back of my mind, playing like a dvd.

It had been when I was teaching him partner dancing. Me in my ballet clothes and him in sweatpants and a dark shirt. He tried to spin me but I wobbled like a top. I was cracking up and he scolded me.

"Stop laughing! I'm doing great!" He glared and this only made me laugh louder.

"I'm not a top, I'm a girl, and you need gracefulness for this." I grinned before he stopped placing his hands on my waist.

"I'm graceful, i have a rune for that." He took out his stele and traced the rune almost instantly my spinning was even and almost perfect.

"That's cheating!" I did as he easily lifted me into the air before I looked down at him with his constrated face.

"It's creative reprogramming." He answered before his leg bent and we toppled to the ground with me ontop of him. I burst out laughing as he looked up at me win a smile.

"I love your laugh." He tucked some of my loose red hair behind my ear. "You should do it more often."

"I try my best, but it's hard when your on the hunt for a evil bloke" I sighed and he shook his head.

"No, dancing is a safe spot, no valentine here." He said and I nodded before squirming slightly.

"One problem with this being a safe spot." I said with a pout.

""What?"

"Your stele is poking me in the ribs." He frowned looking down at his southern region. "Other stele!" I said mortified and then put the crystal wand from his pocket to the floor beside us. "Jesus you and your dirty mind." I shook my head getting up and helping him up.

"Hm, you weren't complaining last night." He smirked and my mouth dropped.

"Alexander!" I gasped with a grin. "I like this side of you." I chuckled, pulling my tutu off and putting on leggings while he faced the other direction. I also changed into a cropped tank top before sliding on my black leather jacket as he turned to face me.

"Do you ever imagine what our lives would be like in the future if we weren't shadowhunters?" He asked as he tucked his hands around my neck and then used them to pull my red hair out of my jacket and let it scatter over my shoulders.

"I think that's quite dangerous." I nodded, taking his hand as we walked from the dance studio and onto the New York street.

"But just imagine it, we would have a apartment, not to big but not to small. Of course close to Jace and Isabelle." He looked to me and I chuckled.

"And clary would be with Jace and Simon...hm..I think he would be with Maia instead of clary." I frowned.

"And we would have a cat, what would we name him? Church, we would name our cat church." He decided and I shook my head with a laugh. "Of course we would go to the hunters moon wth everyone and on Sunday nights magnus would take the kids." Alec decided." And I stopped in my tracks.

"Kids?" I asked with raised brows. "You want to have kids with me?"

"Well I mean, if-if it's in the future a bit..but-" I cut him off by throwing my arms around him and kissing him as he put his arms around me and kissed back.

"I would love to carry your children." I laughed and he smiled smugly.

"Jace owes me ten bucks." He took my hand and I rolled my eyes. "Five kids."

"Absolutely not! I'm thinking two!" My wide eyes looked at his thoughtful face.

"Three?" He bargained "thing about it a cute little girl with dark hair and freckles and two boys with red hair and my amazing features." He offered and I smiled at him.

"I'm pretty sure they would look amazing no matter what, besides it's on the inside what counts."

"Little angel babies." He chuckled.

"Little angel babies." I repeated.

Just like that I was in the next memory, i drank from my water as Alec stood infront of me lecturing Izzy and I on the importance of parabatai. Jace was annoyed at the lecture and he smirked leaning into my ear.

"Nipple." Jace whispered and I choked on my water, spitting it out in a spray at Alec by accident. Jace and Izzy laughed as Alec blinked slowly.

"Alec." I whispered, my eyes going wide. "Jace said something, I'm sorry, I'm listening." I began backing away as a smirk formed on his face.

"Retaliation." He whispered and my eyebrows shot up. I turned and sprinted away leaving the hub in my wake. Alexander chased me down and snatched me off my feet, tossing me over his shoulder like a fireman.

"Alec no! I don't want to get wet, I'm wearing leather shorts!" I protested, hitting his back as he carried me into the elevator.

"Hm, Pity." He said as I struggled to kick my legs free. He pressed the button and the elevator went up me arguing about how today was not my day.

"Alexander you put me down". I said before gripping his belt to attempt to not let him toss me into the pool.

"Piper, I'll give you a countdown." He grinned and my hands came loose off the belt by accident.

"1..2...3...!" I was then tossed through the air and hit the pool water with a splash, soaking my cropped T-shirt and leather shorts as I swam to the surface.

"Alec!" I shouted a geeky getting out of the pool as he cracked up at me. Crossing my arms I grinned reaching behind my back as I walked, Fine have it his way. Through my shirt I unlipped my bra and tossed it over my head at him. I glanced over my shoulders as his eyes darkened slightly. I then winked before stepping through the wall and appearing in my room. Leave em high and dry.

Alec and I were in the middle of a heated makeout session, his hands behind his back as he backed me up to the wall with his broad frame. My own hands were gripping the back of my shorts tightly. See whoever was the first to touch the other lost, then the other could do whatever they wanted with the other one. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth as his lips kissed down my jaw and across my collarbone. My lips parted in a soft moan as his body pinned mine to the wall, all I wanted was to run my hands through his messy hair. If we kept this up I was going to be a goner.

I arched my back into his form making his core tense as I pressed my chest to his, bringing us closer than before as my lips latched onto his bottom one, leaving a gentle bite pulling it slightly as he growled deeply in pleasure. I smugly left kissed along his neck before smiling, I knew how to win, I left a breath of a kiss on his protection rune, letting my lips graze the black inked mark and he gasped. "Penelope." He moaned and I thought I had won before he took charge again, leaving me slightly shaken.

His lips fought mine before I closed my eyes letting him kiss down my neck untell his lips turned to a smirk as he kissed my deflect rune. "Alec." I mumbled before his tongue traced the rune slowly, knowing that it was my most sensitive rune, it made me a moaning mess "Alexander." I almost whispered, my arms going up around his neck as I gently tugged at the back of his hair.

He grinned smugly and my eyes shot open. "Looks like we have a winner." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't even care." I sighed. "Just do that again." I said with a light smile as he used his gracefulness to somehow managing it to seem elegant.

"You'll see what I have planned later." He chuckled, pupils blown before I smirked, pulling him down on top of me.

I was suddenly dropped back into my paralyzed state, my eyes blinking open again as I looked at max beside me. I needed to move, I needed to regain my ability to do more than mutter three words, I had to end Johnathan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.1K 24
Clary and Jace break up. She leaves, and after few years she's been sent to the New York Institute. What will happen when she comes back? Is she sti...
732K 13.4K 69
Charlie Fray is Clary Fray's twin sister and they couldn't be more different. When they are dragged into the shadow hunter world Charlie meets the sa...
282K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
48.4K 977 15
Clary Fray has a twin. Skylar. Skylar and Clary are complete opposites and had never got along but there world took a turn on their 18th birthday. Wi...