Remember When

By louisemwrites

Somin Jeon vowed she would never love again. But her irresistibly handsome colleague had other plans in mind... More

Foreword
Rumors
Someone Told Me
They Saw You
Really Happy
I Felt Drained of My Strength
I Wanted You
Have You Forgotten?
This Can't Be True
What Am I To Do?
How Can You Forget Me So Easily and Be Happy?
You Are Too Harsh
I Guess I Was A Fool
I Haven't Forgotten You Yet
I Can't Erase Your Smile
It's Hard To Pretend To Be Okay
You Already Found Someone
Can't You Tell Me I'm Not Too Late?
Give Me One More Chance
Epilogue

Where You At, My Love?

780 36 3
By louisemwrites

"How can you say that I pushed you to Tae-hyung's way?" Woo-jin asked when Somin couldn't speak.

Her mouth opened, closed and opened.

Finally she said, "I heard you guys talking. Remember when I was getting you and Tae-hyung drinks back in your junior year? You were telling him to date me, Woo-jin."

He started laughing bitterly. "I was just joking, Somin. I admitted to him later that I might be a little interested in you." He looked at her with eyes filled with pain. "But then you suddenly confessed to him. And I thought that it was him you were in love with after all. That I had just lost my chance. So I gave in graciously, Somin. I let you go."

She closed her eyes. "Oh, my God."

"You don't know how hard it was." He closed his eyes, pinching his nose. "Whenever I saw you kissing him. Whenever you were in the bedroom with him. I just... Why do you think I dated a lot of girls? I was trying to forget you but it was just so damn hard."

"I never slept with him," she said so softly he almost missed it and his eyes flew open. "There were times when we almost went all the way but somehow... we would always stop." Her wet gaze slid to him. "Because at the back of my mind, I still wished I was with you instead."

Woo-jin's chest tightened. Somin started crying and he gathered her in his arms, holding her tight.

"I messed up," she whispered against his chest, her breath hitching painfully with every sob, each sob burning a hole through him. "I shouldn't have been impatient. I should have known that that was Hara on the balcony. But it was dark and I was just so hurt. Especially when I saw she was wearing your hoodie and you were half-naked."

He buried his face into her hair. "You know how she likes to steal my hoodies, Somin. And I took my shirt off because her son threw up on me."

She stiffened, her head went up and she straightened away from his embrace. "Son?" she asked in shock. "She has a son?"

"It's a long story," he hedged.

She stared at him for a long moment, her gaze narrowing.

Then she shook her head and in a small voice asked, "But why didn't you come to my musical, Woo-jin? Why weren't you there?"

He pulled in breath through his nostrils then sat back. And finally just decided to stop hedging and tell her the truth.

"It was because of Hara too."

**********

"Oppa."

Woo-jin closed his eyes when he recognized the voice on the line. He gritted his teeth then said, "Hara. Why did you call?"

"I... I need your help."

"Again?" Woo-jin moved to go to his closet. He had just got out of the shower when his cell phone rang and registered an unknown number on the display. "Hara, if Dad cut off your allowance again I'm guessing it's because you did something stupid again. What did you do this time? Cut classes again? Stayed out late? Bomb your exams? And whose phone is this?"

"I'm calling from a public phone," she answered once he stopped ranting. She was quiet for a second then blurted out, "I'm pregnant, oppa."

Her answer made his whole body jerk then froze and he stared wide-eyed at the ceiling. "If this is another one of your jokes, Hara, I swear to God—"

"Mom kicked me out of the house, oppa," she whispered with a sob. "She kicked me out without even letting me get my things. I even left my phone. Please talk to them."

"You're not even out of high school yet!" he exploded. "God damn it, Hara! How could you be so stupid?"

"Please, oppa. I'm so sorry. Please help me. Please."

Woo-jin ran a face through his hair in frustration, clenching his jaw tight. "Where are you?" he asked with angry worry. "I'll come get you."

Hara quickly told him her location and Woo-jin disconnected the call, promising her he'd be there right away. He finished getting dressed in record speed and turned to get his motorcycle keys on his night stand. But then his body went solid. Beside his keys was a small blue box tied up with a silver bow. Inside was a silver bracelet, his present to Somin. It was the opening of her first university musical tomorrow night and he had been planning to go.

And he had also been planning to tell her how he felt for her, to confess, hoping she'd be his girlfriend.

He picked up his keys with a sigh. Because there was no way he could go to her musical now. He'd have to go home to patch things up with his family, have to stay and take care of Hara for a while and have to find the bastard who carelessly got his little sister pregnant.

Damn it, he thought as he reached for the door.

What rotten timing.

  **********  

"You always scold Tae-hyung for not telling you anything when you yourself don't even tell us your problems," Somin ranted at Woo-jin with a look filled with thunder. "You should have told us about Hara. Why did you have to lie and say that she went to Europe for college?"

He cringed. "Because my family didn't want it getting out, Somin. And I guess... I just thought that I could handle my problems alone." His gaze dropped to his carpet and he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "And I thought Tae-hyung was only joking when he told me that you guys were dating when I returned to the apartment. I guess I was in denial until you told me yourself."

The look of anger on Somin's face slowly died out and she studied him for another long moment.

"So you wanted to be with me?" she then asked, emotion washing over her face making her radiant

"Of course I do." He chuckled darkly, shaking his head. "Hell. And I thought Tae-hyung and Jiwoo's story was stupid. I think we just took the cake."

Somin groaned and stood up. "All this time... All this freaking time! It was just a misunderstanding." She looked at him, shouting incredulously, "What the heck did we do for the universe to conspire against us?"

"I should have told you about my sister sooner," he apologized as he rose to his feet. "I shouldn't have made you waited. But I was just so afraid to ruin our friendship and lose you in the end. It's all on me, Somin."

"Maybe... maybe it's the universe telling us we aren't meant to be?"

He narrowed his eyes at her. "The hell it is," he snapped.

"I'm not sure about this anymore." She started to pace. "I'm not sure about us."

The prospect of losing her filled him with dread. "Somin, whatever it is you're thinking right now, I'm telling you to stop. Now that all our misunderstandings are cleared up I'll be damned if I lose you again. The universe can go fuck itself. We are meant to be together."

He thought he saw Somin's lips twitched but her next words distracted him. "I'm not sure I even love you anymore."

Woo-jin put his hands on her shoulders to stop her pacing and made her look into his eyes. "No one will ever love you the way I do," he told her seriously. "And if you're not sure about your feelings for me at least give me a chance to change your mind."

She surprised him by laughing. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him towards her. He almost had the mind to pull away but instead glowered at her. Damn, but she had him fooled.

With a breath-taking smile of sheer happiness, her eyes sparkling like the sun, she said, "Prove it."

Staring at her, he then decided that she could fool him all she wanted as long as she kept looking like this forever.

"I love you, you little minx," he growled, still feeling a little sulky.

She burst out laughing again. "Say it again."

"I love you."

Her eyes slid down to his mouth, her body relaxing into his. "Again."

He gave her a tender look and leaned his face in. "I love you, Somin."

Her lips hit his but not for a kiss. Eyes open, staring into his, her lips moving against his lips, she said, "I love you too, Woo-jin. I've always had. Now prove it."

And he quickly did.

End

Thank for reading, guys! (๑°꒵°๑)・*♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 272 39
A hopeless romantic Grace Kim never knew that her life changed after she met a new, hot-dummy and soon to be an heir-waiter in her favorite cafe. A...
20.7K 1.7K 63
"I don't understand you so many times..." A gameplay request from an unknown player? Accepted. It was started. Online game to online texts to voice...
68.5K 3.9K 37
YOU GUY'S ARE CRAZY!!!! ~Jimin BACK OFF!! JIMIN IS MINE!! ~ Jeon Junghyun THE SH...
20.2K 1.3K 24
" Teach Me Love " An awkward mood in the party was created after I had asked the playboy of our college to Teach me to love. He agreed upon on two c...