The Underground Visionary

By Jinxrider

Okay so I have a weird name....Sarahbekka. My life took a turn for the worst when I had to move to a new neig... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Ten

10 1 0
By Jinxrider

                                                             ~Jamie~

       "Don't you think that was a little too dramatic?" Cole asked while we were hopping building rooftops.

       The warm night breeze was whipping through our hair as we picked up speed.

         "I was'nt being dramatic. I was only trying to get her attention." I said trying to avoid this conversation.

        "More like last minute flirting.." She mumbled.

        "What's been up with you lately? It's like ever since Sarahbekka came into the picture, you became more of an asshole than usual." I looked at her.

        "It's not Sarahbekka. It's you."

          I didn't know how to respond.

        "What do you mean?" I asked after a long moment of jumping.

        "I mean, she's making you weak as a leader. Our was assignment was to capture her as hostage, but you're letting your feelings get in the way of doing that. Instead, we're  on a wild goose chase after our hot-headed teammate that was doing what he was supposed to be doing, all because you want to protect our next victim. And we had missions that were way harder than this. You need to learn how to put your feelings aside."

        She was right.

         I can't be weak now, not when the stakes are this high.

                                                   ~Nathan~

       "So it's Nate, right?" Sarahbekka said as she served me a piece of her pizza.

       "Yea." I said as as stuffed my face with pizza.

        "How long have you known Jamie?"  She asked after a long moment.

        "Since Boss kidnapped us..." I continued to eat.

        "Kidnapped? Who the hell is Boss?!" She seemed to get really excited.

         Jamie didn't tell her the truth yet.

          Should I tell her about what's going on?

          Jamie would murder me!

          "No wait, we weren't kidnapped. We ran away from home together."

          "WHAT?!" She shouted.

          Shit.

          "Never mind. I really don't remember how we met." I lied.

            She raised one eyebrow.

            "Look. I can't tell you okay? It's a secret between two good friends."

           "Yes you can. I can keep a secret." She got really close to my face. She purposely tried to flirt with me to manipulate me to tell her the secret.

             She put her hand on my thigh and rubbed back and forth.

            "Please stop." I begged.

           "I'll stop as soon as you tell me the big, bad secret." She put her hand under my shirt and rubbed my chest. "Ooh, and you have abs.." She smiled.

            "Stop!" I pushed her away from me. "You are not going to manipulate me to tell you about our mission!"

            "Mission? What mission?" She switched off her flirty mode.

              This is going to be a long night..

                                                      ~Jamie~

              We arrived after five minutes of no talking. Cole and I walked towards the abandoned building. We heard a bunch of crashing noises, screams, and drunk laughter coming from inside. There we strobe lights flashing through the cracked windows. We were at the Underground. 

              I went inside first with Cole right behind me. Cole was afraid to go in. I could'nt blame her, this was a scary place to hang out. She was actually raised inside of this place with her older brother Jack as her only guardian. I promised him that I would take care of her so she could leave this corrupt place. Ever since then, Cole sees me as her protecting hero. Jack runs this place now, so we're like V.I.P. around here.  

              Inside, there was a neon bar, strobe lights, and loud, core shaking bass. Everyone was either fighting, arguing, hookin' up at the bar or making out. And that was just the lobby of this place!

              I took Cole's hand before anyone could recognize us and dragged her into the next room. 

              There was a dark, black stairwell.

              We trotted down the mysterious stairs. As we got closer towards the door, we began to hear screaming and shouting of a large crowd. 

               I pushed open the door.

               Behind the door was a huge crowd of young people and teenagers. Except that these teenagers all a particular power or ability. This was the official Underground Street Fight Arena or the USFA.

                I wondered who was fighting tonight. 

                I looked at the list of Cincinnati Neighborhoods. (haha these are actually real neighborhoods that make up all of Cincinnati):

Avondale 

Bond Hill 

California 

Camp Washington

Carthage 

CBD/Riverfront 

Clifton

College Hill 

Columbia Tusculum 

Corryville 

CUF 

East End 

East Price Hill 

East Walnut Hill 

East Westwood 

English Woods 

Evanston 

Fay Apartments 

Hartwell 

Heights 

Hyde Park 

Kennedy Hts. 

Linwood 

Lower Price Hill 

Madisonville 

Millvale 

Mt. Adams 

Mt Airy 

Mt. Auburn 

Mt. Lookout 

Mt. Washington 

N. Avondale 

N. Fairmount 

Northside 

Oakley 

Over-The-Rhine 

Paddock Hills 

Pendleton 

Pleasant Ridge 

Queensgate 

Riverside

Roselawn 

Sayler Park 

Sedamsville 

S. Cumminsville 

S. Fairmount 

Walnut Hills 

West End 

West Price Hill 

Westwood 

Winton Hills 

Winton Place 

        I was shocked. College Hill and Winton Hills were circled! That means...

          Zeke was fighting tonight!!

Continue Reading