THE GIFTED ONE

By Eleda_19

#542(9/5/2018 in Fantasy) Every millennium one person on Earth is gifted with a power no one could imagine. T... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Final Say

Chapter 20

292 9 2
By Eleda_19

We all ended up falling asleep, even though we needed to get a move on.
We still had to finish walking through the forest, the huge valley and the neverending line of mountains to cross before we even reached the heart of the evil.

I woke up again to the sun shining in my face but this time instead of being alone, I woke up to Theo's face. He was sound asleep next to me. He looked so peaceful and weirdly happy. His plump, red lips were turned up slightly at the side. He seemed happy, so it made me happy as well. I just looked at him, taking in all his beautiful features which I ttried to ignore and act as though I ddin't care.

All of a sudden Theo's eyes opened, I quickly shut mine. Oh no, I hope he didn't see me.
I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and tried to make my breathing sound like I was asleep.

After a few seconds I opened one eye a little and saw him looking at me, with those bright eyes that I love to see.
We looked into each others eyes and I couldn't look away. All this time trying to avoid him has just made the attraction between us intensify. He lifted up his arm and slowly caressed his fingers down my face, leaving a trail of warmth and butterflies in my tummy. His fingers continued down my neck as the look in his eyes intensified. His eyes flashed ruby red again. It always drew me in even more. He was losing control of his emotions.

He begun to lean in towards me even more, but before anything could happen, I sat up and looked away from him. If I saw his face I did not know if I could stop myself.

'We can't'' I said and got up. I walked away and acted as though nothing had happened.

I needed to concentrate on what my job on this world was. It was not to fall in love or have feelings for someone.

I went to see if the others were up yet. None of them were, so I was going to have to wake them up myself.
First I would wake up Tori as she was always the one who took the longest to wake up. But when I reached her bed, it was empty. I started to panic and frantically looked around the campsite to see if she was anywhere.

My worry disappeared as soon as I saw them. Tori and Ky were sleeping together. Ky had his arm wrapped around her waist and both of their faces were very close together. They looked so happy and peaceful in their sleep. I always knew that there was something between them that they hid from everyone even their closest friends. No one wanted to break the law. If it was broken, the punishment was unspeakable.

I decided to let them sleep but went and woke Stella up instead. I gently patted her on the shoulder and she awoke with a loud groan, not happy to be woken up.

'Good morning Stella,' I said.

'Time to wake up, we have a long day ahead,'

She sat up and started rubbing her eyes. She looked kind of funny, her hair was in a messy bun and she looked so tired.

I smiled and left her to get up at her own pace.

I walked back towards where my stuff was. I decided to just ignore Theo who was still lying down looking up at the sky.
I grabbed my bag and started to pack my things away as we had a long day of walking ahead.
I could feel Theo staring at me but I just ignored it as best as I could.

I had packed everything away apart from my bed cover that Theo was still lying on. I would have to talk to him. Ok just act normal and don't be an idiot Kat.

'Um.......Theo, I know you are comfy and all that but I need to pack my stuff away now,' I said.

He didn't reply straightway so I assumed that he must have not heard so I repeated what I had just said.

'Sorry but could you get off my ...........'

'Yeah, yeah I understood,' he said in a grumpy voice and got up.

I had't realised until now that he was't wearing a shirt. Before I could stare awkwardly at his chest ,he walked off.

Well done Kat , you just have to annoy everyone.

It was about half an hour later and Stella was dressed and was starting to pack away everything. Ky and Tori were also now up and were getting dressed. Theo was sat chatting with them, now ignoring me.

I decided to go and talk to them, what happened between Theo and I should't stop me from talking to anyone else.

'Morning guys,' I said as happily as possible. 'Are we ready to get going!'

'Yes we will leave now,' Tori said whilst getting up and taking Ky's hand, who looked slightly nervous about the action.

They grabbed their bags and so did Stella. I looked at Theo but he would't look at me, he just grabbed his bag and started walking following the rest.

Quickly I grabbed my bag and followed on behind. We had to reach the end of the forest by nightfall.

..............................

We had been walking for a while now. There was still a thin layer of snow on the ground even though the sun had come out. It was strange seeing the sun again as I had been surrounded by darkness for a while. The snow glistened in the sun and it was as though the ground was covered in thousands of tiny diamonds that were being crushed under out feet.

I was lost in my own world when I heard someone.

'Woohoo, earth to Kat,' said Tori clicking her fingers in front of my face. 'Woohoo!!!' She said again.

I snapped out of my daydream and looked at her, wanting to know what was wrong.

'Are you ok?' She asked me in a caring voice.

'Yeah just, thinking,' I replied.

Stella then ran up to me from behind and jumped on my back. My knees buckled and I fell into Tori as well, sending us all to the ground.

We all fell in the snow with a loud thud.

'Ha ha, you did't see that coming,' she said with a huge grin on her face. She sat up and began to chuck snow in my face and all over my hair.

'Oh no you don't ,' I said grabbing a handful of snow and chucking it at her face. Tori then joined in and we ended up chasing each other and falling over in the snow. At the end of it we were all breathless and looked so silly. We had snow in our hair and hanging of our eyelashes.
Ky ran up to us with a huge smile on his face, 'You guys look so stupid!' He said, not being a able to stop laughing.

Hey, you can't laugh at us, that is just rude,' Tori said. Chucking a snowball right in his face.
We all rolled around laughing so much as Ky stood there with an unimpressed look.

Without a warning,he grabbed a handful of snow and ran towards Tori who tried her best to get away but she could't. Ky grabbed her by the ankles, making her fall flat on her face. He pinned her down and rubbed the snow all over her face.

This was the first time I had seen any of us smile so much in a long time. Sometimes we worried too much about the future and forgot about enjoying ourselves in the present.

All of a sudden we heard Theo's voice. It was not one full of warmth but full of seriousness.
'Come on we have to keep moving, we can't waste time on childish games,' he said and walked on ahead.

Wow he was in a great mood.

'Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning,' Stella whispered to me.

'Yeah someone did,' I said.

We all followed on behind, happy that we had enjoyed ourselves at least once.

.........................................

Finally after about two days we had reached the end of the forest. In front and of us was the next part of our journey.
The huge valley, called the valley of mysteries. Eventhough it was beautiful, covered in luscious green grass, sweet-smelling pine trees and an array of flowers, we were getting closer to the heart of the evil.

The next part of our journey will be even tougher and more dangerous.
The darkness will be upon us soon enough.

...........................................................

Hey guys, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter and I wish you a great year ahead!!!!

Thanks for all your votes and support, it means a lot :)

Vote, comment and follow my profile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 39 33
A group of teenagers with special abilities. A legacy in their blood. A blessing or a curse? Will they unite or will their past rip them apart?
1.5K 59 20
This is a story of powerful beings with different abilities: control the elements, read and manipulate minds, defend others, control nature and have...
35.4K 2.8K 50
Kara is training to become a superhero, but she's stuck with a snobby sidekick, boring missions, and too many rules. Craving adventure, she jumps at...
254 11 52
a bunch of teenagers with superpowers are on the run from scientists, their powers are ruining their lives and everything is falling apart, but that'...