One Minute: Hausa Love Story

By amatullahag

ONCE A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY "It's time" The simple sentence could be interpreted in different ways. Time? T... More

One Minute: A Hausa Love Story
OM 1
OM 2
OM 3
OM 4
OM 5
OM 6
OM 7
OM 8
OM 9
OM 10
OM 11
OM 12
OM 13
OM 14
OM 15
OM 16
OM 17
OM 18
OM 19
OM 20
OM 21
OM 22
OM 23
OM 24
OM 25
OM 26
OM 27
OM 28
OM 29
OM 30
OM 31
OM 32
OM 33
OM 34
OM 35
OM 36
OM 38
OM 39
Maryam's Match

OM 37

6.5K 773 92
By amatullahag

Ibn Abbas, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He):

"Verily Allah has recorded the good deeds and the evil deeds." Then he clarified that: "Whosoever intends to do a good deed but does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it with Himself as ten good deeds, up to seven hundred times, or more than that. But if he intends to do an evil deed and does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it down as one single evil deed."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

•••

They both walked down the hall beside each other an awkward silence hanging around them. She opened her mouth to say something when she saw him looking at her and the words got stuck in her throat, she quickly ducked her head sticking her hands into her trench coat. The chilled air attacked them as soon as they left the comfort of the hotel.

He led him to the black Mercedes parked at the hotel's parking lot and the car made a beep sound as he opened it using the car's remote control. He drove them there with an uncomfortable silence enveloping them.

When they went to the restaurant they found out that their order got messed up so they had to wait for some time before it was ready. She was about to make a gesture for them to sit one of the tables but then he made his was outside and she sighed before following him not wanting to look stupid by standing at the middle of the restaurant outside. The door slammed after him right on her face and she let out a frustrated growl before struggling with the push/pull door.

'What the hell was wrong with him?' She thought as she stalked after him across the restaurant to the kid's park.

"Wallahi this is enough!" She exclaimed clenching and unclenching her fist as she stood in front of where he sat on the park's bench.

"What?" He raised his head from his phone looking at her coolly.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asked almost close to tears, her voice choking.

"Am I?" He asked, his voice void of any emotion and that annoyed her to no end.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked almost brokenly.

"What am I doing?" He asked, answering her question with a question

"Would you stop doing that?" She seethed, "I can't believe you" she growled out with tears in her eyes, making a move of leaving before she felt a hand clasped in hers. She refused to turn, knowing fully well she was going to breakdown if she did. He dragged her closer, so close that his chin was right by the side of her face.

"I'm sorry" he whispered to her and a tear slid down her face, she closed her eyes taking a deep breath before opening them back. With her eyes casted downwards she turned to face him.

"Please don't cry" he pleaded, mentally kicking himself for making her cry.

"I don't even understand you.. I mean, what's wrong with you? You completely ignored me this past weeks, just because of some misunderstanding you were willing to let our relationship go down the drain. I thought we decided on letting this relationship work? Do you know how it felt being purposely ignored?" She blabbed choking on her words, as tears started to stream down her face and she made no effort to stop it.

His hands were slightly shaking as he brought out the handkerchief from his pocket. He cupped her face with one hand while he tenderly dried up her tears with the other. She let out a sigh at the comforting feel of his touch, leaning more into his hand. A moment of peace passed before he broke it.

"I love you" he whispered and she turned to look at him with shock in her eyes, her heart beating wildly.

"What?" She croaked, not believing what she was hearing.

"I love you.. always have and always will" he said looking at her "I guess I'm just stupid like that because it took me this long to realize it" their eyes met and she struggled not to squirm under his gaze.

"How?"

"How?" He asked her back slightly chuckling and she nodded her head again, she didn't trust her mouth to talk without blabbing nonsense at that moment,

"If you could actually see yourself through my eyes, even you can't help but to fall in love with yourself over and over again. Love. Some might define love as an intense feeling of affection and care towards another person. Some as, to care deeply about or to be dedicated to someone or something. I might not know what love is, but I define it as the feeling I get when I'm with you, knowing you are mine. That is what love is." He says softly caressing her face. His eyes are filled with many emotions. Love, adoration.

"I know what I did to you was quite insensible and stupid and I don't think me being hurt and confused, is valid enough to be an excuse. The thing is, you can't understand how I felt at that moment, I was scared of losing you after just finding you. It's like being given your favorite chocolate and having it snatched away again" he chuckled trying to make light of the situation.

"It's like finding your light and then losing it again, not knowing if it were ever going to come back. The truth is, I couldn't bare the thought of not waking up next to you, not seeing your face everyday, because Allah it's like a blessing every time I see your face and you know one can't do without blessings. You are my light, my heart and the sole reason why I want to wake up everyday. InShaAllah, I'll pray to Allah to grant us more years together so I can wake up everyday and give thanks to Him for graciously bringing an angel into my life. For as long as I live you'll be the only one I share my heart with, for you were made from my rib. The only princess in my kingdom, I don't need my girl getting jealous of nobody" he gave her a cheeky grin, wrapping his arms around her waist he dragged her closer.

"I love you" he said kissing her forehead, "I promise to always love you for as long as I live" he said kissing the tip of her nose, and she giggled at the ticklish feel, "to respect you" he kissed one side of her cheek, "to worship you" he kissed the other cheek, "forever and always" he said sealing his promise with a kiss that had her melting like a jelly.

"Perfect" he whispered leaning back and she couldn't help but blush, if only her face was a few shades lighter she could've been beet red.

She smacked him lightly behind his head and he let out an 'oww' sound. "What was that for?" He whined.

"That was for making me worried these past weeks"

"I thought I more than made up for it?"

"Well.. you did, and.." she trailed off looking at him.

"And what?" He asked.

"I love you" she told him earnestly.

"I know" he said hugging her so close as if scared she'll run away.

•••

Sannun ku! 😁
So truth is bahh.. I was done with this chapter like 3 days ago I think, I actually wrote it in school and I was feeling so lazy to type it down 😩😔
#DiariesOfALazyWriter 😂

Well you actually have to thank two people for this update 😂 my friend who literally woke me up from sleep to write and faizahamusa    for always reminding me 😁 I'm very sorry it came late 💔 nasan you've gotten tired of asking for an update 😭💔

Sha sha how's this chapter? Cliche bah? Toh ya za'ayi 😔😂😂

Anyways
Spam me with comments 😂😂
Vote
Share

AmatullahAG ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 831 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
228K 24K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
27.2K 3.8K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...