Good Life (COMPLETED) BOOK 3

By thatfanficwriter_

"We put the bad in the past now we alright" Or are they? Stay tuned for another wild ride through Normani an... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 17

28 1 29
By thatfanficwriter_

No One's POV

It's been about a month since Normani left Marvin for Vanessa, and he's currently going crazy in his own mind. He doesn't know what to do simply because he's always depended on women. Things like cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and things like that seem like a woman's job to him, so he has no way to support himself.

Since he can't cook, Marvin simply fixes a bowl of cereal. So simple a caveman could do it.

Right when he finishes his cereal, his phone rings. He doesn't know the number, but he answers it anyways. "Hello?"

"Long time no talk my brother," A male voice says through the receiver.

The realization of who it is makes his fists clenched. "What do you want Arin?"

Arin smirks. "Thomas and I here have a proposition for you,"

"If it has anything to do with Normani, I don't want to do it," Marvin says.

Arin chuckles. "Oh please, you think she loves you?"

"She did until I fucked it up on my own terms. Now leave me alone," Marvin says, starting to hang up.

"Wait!" Arin exclaims.

Marvin heavily sighs. "What?"

"Okay, well you won't be doing that. We just need you to drive us somewhere," Arin says.

"Where?" Marvin asks.

"To the grocery store," Arin says.

"Can't you go?" Marvin asks.

"My car is in the shop," Arin says.

"Why don't you take him Masi?" Marvin asks.

"My license is old," Masi says.

"Well go get a new one," Marvin says.

"How?" Masi asks.

"Get someone else to take you. I'm not doing it," Marvin says, finally hanging up.

"Wait!-Damn," Arin says.

"I assume he hung up on you," Masi says.

"Yes he did, and now look where we are. He's probably going to tell them we called," Arin says.

"How would he tell them when he broke up with her? You make no sense," Masi says.

"You don't make much sense your self," Arin says.

"Man, fuck you. I'll go find someone else that's willing to help me and not make me feel worse," Masi says.

~

"You really think we're going to get away with this?" Sammy asks.

"Of course. Our alibi is great, and I've disabled their cameras for the whole day," Masi says.

"Okay cool, when are we doing it?" Sammy asks, curiously.

"I was thinking about right now before they realize something is wrong," Masi says.

~

Marvin decides to call Anna.

"Hello?" Anna asks.

"Hi," Marvin says.

"Didn't I tell you not to call me again?" Anna asks.

"Yes. but it's something serious," Marvin says.

"Okay then, what is it?" Anna curiously asks.

"I think Masi and Arin are plotting to set Mani's house on fire," Marvin says.

"How are you so sure?" Anna asks.

"They just called me," Marvin says.

"That makes no sense, they didn't call the whole time you and Mani were together," Anna says.

"I know, I have no clue how they got my number," Marvin says.

"Maybe the same way Vanessa found your address," Anna says.

"What?"

Anna chuckles. "Nothing, have you talked to Mani?"

"No, I haven't called her because she's normally not awake at this time. It's too early," Marvin says.

"I'll advise," Anna says.

"Great, thanks," Marvin says, before hanging up.

He didn't know what he was going to do, but he hoped it'd be enough.

~

Normani and Vanessa are laying in bed, before her phone starts ringing. Normani rolls over, and grabs her phone.

David 💦

"Hello?" Normani asks.

"Hello you fine creature," David says.

Normani laughs. "Hey David, what's up?"

"Nothing much right now, but I have something to tell you," David says.

"What is it?" Normani asks.

"So I've heard through the grapevine that there's a conspiracy against you," David says.

"What is this conspiracy?" Normani asks.

"Something about setting on fire. Not sure what it is, or why and when it's happening," David says.

"Hm, I'll be on the look out for it," Normani says.

"Okay good, I just didn't want you to say I didn't warn you," David says.

Normani smiles. "Thanks for caring,"

"Anytime," David says.

This is when Vanessa decides to speak up. "The only thing he cares about is--"

"--Okay well, I'll talk to you later," Normani says, purposely cutting Vanessa off.

"Okay," David says. "I lo--"

"--Never again a million years," Normani says, hanging up.

"What'd he say besides wanting to fuck you?" Vanessa asks.

Normani laughs, putting her phone on the nightstand before rolling over to face her girlfriend. "Baby, you think he's always trying to fuck me--"

"--Because he is," Vanessa says.

Normani smirks. "I mean...that wouldn't be a bad thing....,"

"Yes it would," Vanessa says.

"How?"

"He'd say he loves you right after you fuck, and you'd fall for it. Then you'd leave me for him and he would jump on proposing to you again," Vanessa says.

"Baby, I'm not leaving you. Dick ain't that good." Normani chuckles, shaking her head.

"Okay so if you could fuck him right now would you?" Vanessa asks.

"Hell yeah because I'm already pregnant, which means I can leave his ass hanging." Normani chuckles again, making Vanessa laugh.

"That's really wrong. Also, why'd you leave Lani hanging like that?" Vanessa asks.

"I mean...we were never officially going out, we were just friends with benefits," Normani says.

"Why didn't you ever get with her?" Vanessa asks, curiously.

"She didn't want to get with me because she knew I missed you and didn't want to fall in love with me and it be one-sided," Normani says. "She never mentioned me to you?"

Vanessa shakes her head, saying "No, honestly I didn't see a picture of you until Anna met Ally to get the last letter. That's where I knew I fucked up," before chuckling.

"So she went to meet Ally to get that one?"

"Yes," Vanessa nods.

"If you weren't my baby mama I'd kill you," Normani says, making Vanessa laugh.

"I don't doubt it," Vanessa says.

"Good, now go get me some Rocky Road ice cream and some sour straws," Normani says.

"Excuse you?" Vanessa asks, looking down at Normani.

"Please baby?" Normani asks.

Vanessa groans. "But that's so much work,"

"Fine, I'll get David to bring it when he comes later," Normani says.

"You know what, I'll go get it," Vanessa says.

"Figured you'd see it my way." Normani chuckles, leaning up to kiss Vanessa. "You want the money for it?"

"You don't have to," Vanessa says.

"Go in my handbag and get it anyways," Normani says.

Vanessa lightly chuckles. "Which handbag?"

"The one I've been using lately, you pothead," Normani says.

"If I'm a pothead, then you're one too because we both smoke it." Vanessa chuckles, going over to Normani's handbag and pulling out two 20s. "Is that all you want?"

"And some chips. Sour Cream and Onion so I can dip them in ranch," Normani says.

"Okay," Vanessa says, leaning over to peck Normani's lips. "I love you."

"I love you more," Normani says. "Lock the door behind you."

"Got it," Vanessa says.

When Normani hears the main door close, she drifts off to sleep. While she's sleeping, the baby lightly kicks, making Normani lightly smile and rub her stomach a little before going back to sleep.

~

"Did you find someone to help you?" Arin asks Masi.

"I did in fact," Masi says.

"Who?" Arin asks.

"Sammy," Masi says.

"If they find out we did this, she's going to snitch so fast it's not even funny," Arin says.

"How are you so sure?" Masi asks.

"She was with Marvin before he got with Mani. She'll do anything to get back with Marvin," Arin says.

"Whatever, I'll see you later," Masi says, walking out of the house.

~

"Since you know where Normani's house is, why don't you take us there?" Masi asks.

"For what? I told you I wasn't doing it!" Marvin exclaims.

Sammy holds a gun to his head. "If you don't want your brains all over this car, then I suggest you take us there,"

Marvin sighs. "Fine," He pulls up in Normani's driveway but doesn't park directly in front of her house. "You better make whatever you're doing quick."

"We will," They both say.

At the sound of the door opening, Normani speaks. "Baby?"

She doesn't get a response, so she shrugs, assuming that she heard something and going back to sleep.

Instead of going to all of the rooms, they simply pour gasoline on the walls in Alayna's room, under the impression that the fire will spread the fastest from there. Masi's lighter keeps falling out of his pocket, so he places it on the dresser. Sammy sets a timer on the floor that will spark the fire at a certain time before leaving out of the room. "I picked up my lighter right?"

"I believe you did," Sammy says.

"Good, let's go," Masi says.

Vanessa pulls up in Normani's driveway with the junk food she requested, and she sees Sammy standing on the street corner. Unsure whether Sammy is being trafficked or just on the phone, Vanessa cracks her window.

"No she's not here," Sammy says. "Of course she's gone, I wouldn't do this if she was gone.....no they aren't home. They're gone to work, no one will ever know,"

She turns around to see that Sammy is in earshot but neither of them can really see each other. So Vanessa takes this chance to get the stuff out of her car.

"Hey do you have a lighter,"

Vanessa almost screams, before a hand covers her mouth, making her freeze. She slowly removes the person's hand before turning around to see David. "Holy shit you scared me,"

"Sorry, I was just asking for a lighter." David chuckles, shrugging.

Vanessa pats her pockets, pulls out her lighter and tries to ignite it to no avail. "Mani has one, mine is out,"

"Okay, I'll just go get get it." David shrugs, starting to walk over to the house.

"Take my keys, she might be asleep," Vanessa says, giving him the key that opens the house.

"Okay," David says, opening the door. "Hey Mani, I came to get a lighter!"

Normani chuckles. "I bet you did,"

"Seriously, I did. Unless you want to give it up." David smirks.

"I mean, if you want your cousin's seconds, then you can have all this you want," Normani says. "My extra lighter is in here on my dresser."

"I hope you're wearing nothing," David says.

"Oh yeah I ain't wearing nothing but these sweatpants and my sweatshirt I stole from Vanessa." Normani chuckles.

David sighs, opening the door and walking over to get the lighter. "I can't ever catch you slipping anymore, can I?"

"Nope," Normani says, getting up off the bed and pecking his lips. "I smell weed."

"I don't have any, nor have I smoked any. It's just on my clothes," David says.

"Aren't you some sort of plug." Normani chuckles.

"About the baby--"

"--Later so she doesn't get suspicious," Normani says.

"Sure," David says, grabbing the lighter and walking out of the house.

Vanessa walks in at this time. "Mani I'm back!"

"Yay! My food is here!" Normani exclaims triumphantly, opening her door and going to hug her girlfriend, before kissing her. "I love you."

"I bet you do." Vanessa chuckles.

"You've gotten me food all three times without getting mad at me," Normani says.

"Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?" Vanessa asks.

"You're right," Normani says.

"Why do I smell gas?" Vanessa asks.

Normani shrugs. "Maybe because I just had the stove on to make some tea,"

~

Normani and Vanessa are laying on their bed, playing on their phones, before a scream is heard, making them both jump alert. "What was that?" Normani asks.

"I don't even know," Vanessa says.

"Mommy! I see fire!" Alayna exclaims.

"Shit!" Normani and Vanessa collectively say, running into a mad dash to get everything out of the house.

As if it was on cue, they hear glass being broken in Alayna's room as if the window was busted. Alayna starts to scream before a familiar voice is heard.

"It's me just calm down,"

"Kehlani?" Normani asks.

"Yeah long story," Vanessa says.

~

Within 15 minutes, both of their families are there and rushing to get everything out of the house. The main thing they were worried about is collectables, having Barbra outside with the twins.

"You know what to do in times like this?" Kehlani asks.

"No." Alayna shakes her head.

"You get on my back and we go out of the room," Kehlani says, getting on the floor into a crawling position, which Alayna immediately grabs on to. Kehlani reaches up for the door, and crawls out of the room before standing up and walking out.

-------------------

Comment and vote if you liked it 🤗

-C ☺️💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
119K 6K 72
She's my rival... I could never love her... A Norminah Story (Written in Normani's POV) (G!P) (GxG) (14+) Cover by: @willbyrons COMPLETED.
240K 5.9K 27
CAMILA/YOU you helped me survive hell... WARNING: CRINGEEE i wrote this almost a decade ago so ..
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...