The Way She Loved Me

By jenniejeann

Jennie describes herself as a self-reliant being, she does everything by herself and for herself. Ever since... More

one
two
three
four.
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
epilogue
author's note

seven

7.3K 323 197
By jenniejeann

ROSÉ.

"What just happened back there?" Jennie said with both eyes so wide still not believing what occured.

She was panting hard since we basically ran outside.

I couldn't compose a sentence; I was just too nervous to explain why I pretended to be her girlfriend back there.

I couldn't convince an explanation for myself either. I only remember the irritating feeling I felt when I saw Scott all over Jennie. It worsens when I saw Jennie didn't like it and she was suffocating from his touches.

I couldn't bear to watch any longer, so I wanted to help,I initially had a sane plan sketched out in my head where I'll be pretending to be her drunk friend who needed sober assistance but as I was drinking the last shot from my drink, hoping to unleash my untamed self, I directly went towards the scene, my mind just flipped and the last thing I knew that I was nervously grabbing her waist and spitted the word babe, which really didn't help the situation we were in.

More or less, I'm just thankful that Jennie is out of the hands of Scott, and thankfully she went to the flow of my acting back there or else I was screwed for life.

"Care for an explanation?" Jennie straightened her stance with arms crossed, wanting some valid explanation of the crazy act I did.

"Well, you see, it wasn't the rescue scenario that I had actually planned." I stammered so hard, not really knowing how this explanation will clean my conscience.

"I-I'm just sorry if you got offended from what I did. I was just caught up, but I swear I have the full intention to save you from him, since I saw your disgusted face, I immediately took it as a signal.I-I'm sorry..." I lowered my head, that explanation was more pointless than I thought it would be.

"Hey" I begin to feel a warm being moving closer, and a hand raised my chin up and I was able to meet Jennie's glowing face under the moonlight. She was glittering, I forgot how she gets even more beautiful up close, I got reminded why I have a crazy crush on her.

She just ruins my entire system everytime we touch. I tried not to give an obvious flushed reaction since we are closely facing each other.

"Thank you for saving me back there." She said with a gentle but genuine tone. "You have nothing to be sorry about, I know you had a good intention back there." she continued her kind words as she placed her hand in my shoulders patting it slowly.

My armpits started sweating again.

"Are you not upset or something?" I asked, trying to check if she's really not mad at me. She shook her head so cutely I was going to melt.

"Why would I? You just saved me from a maniac. Let's just forget all the drama that had happened. Okay?" She flashed her gummy smile.

I don't think I want to forget the fact that you became my girlfriend for a few minutes though. I wish I could just freely say that, but you know what they say, some thoughts are better kept hidden.

After that bittersweet thought, I simply just nodded.

"I owe you one." She winked.

Jennie, your wink should be illegal, I feel like dying from it. I thought.

I kept my cool and thought of a bright idea.

"You know what, if you're really that grateful, why don't you give me a tour of the city as you promised?" I said with a demanding tone.

She snapped a smile, "A tour? No biggie." she winked again.

She wants me dead, alright.

We didn't waste any second and rushed into her car and drove off. We left a voice mail for Jisoo and Samuel explaining what had happened and telling them that Jennie's gonna give me a tour of the city and they shouldn't be worried since we're just half tipsy from the drinks.

It was already 6:10 PM when Jennie dropped us off in a harbour-like area.

It was beautiful. A scenery not knowing I've been longing for a long time since I left Melbourne.

"Where are we?" I asked with curiosity. "This is the Darling Harbour, a famous spot to visit here in Sydney."

There are hundreds of yatches arranged in the bay, and the wooden dock was just so aesthetically pleasing.

I felt the warm sea breeze caressing through my skin, it was a breath of fresh air for me.

"Obviously, you're not enjoying this too much." I noted the sarcasm on her tone, and I left out a giggle.

"I'm always fond of the outdoors. I feel like I can be big as the world can be." I expressed.

"Glad I chose the right spot." I saw her smile satisfyingly and that made blush. "Glad I chose the right tour guide." And I tried winking at her hoping it wouldn't be as awkward everytime I practiced it in the mirror.

But when I saw her gummy smile again, I knew she felt that wink of mine.

I wanted to hold her hand so bad but my fantasizing was disturbed when my stomach started growling.

I totally forgot dinner.

"Do you know a place where we could eat?" I asked. "I forgot that I haven't had dinner yet."

......

After a three-minute walk out of the harbour, Jennie led me into a restaurant café. The place gave off a vintage vibe, I guess this is Jennie's taste which I come to love.

We picked a table and ordered.

"This is where I usually crash whenever I visit the harbour." Jennie started off. "No wonder why, I knew that you've always had a soft side for vintage aesthetics." I said with a smile.

She gave me a gummy smile which was lethal for my heart.
"Why am I such an obvious fan! I thought you didn't notice." she giggled.

"Next time, we should crash to one of my favorite restaurants." I suggested, "And I'm sure you will like it." I continued

"Really? What makes you so sure?" She asked.

"That's for you to find out." I teased her.

Before we could even continue conversing, the food that we ordered was served and we started digging in.

It was mouthwatering and the various flavors of each meal was overwhelming for my senses. Jennie really knows what good.

In the middle of eating, I noticed Jennie left a sauce stain on the left side of her lips. Taking the initiative, I grabbed a napkin, and wiped it out. "You eat like a kid." I teased and pulled out a grin.

"You're more heedful than my mom." She teased back. We left our teasing with a laugh.

"Anyways, have you always been loving the outdoors?" Jennie changed the topic, and I nodded "Yeah, ever since..." I stopped when I remembered the reason. Should I talk about my ex in front of her?

Jennie focused her eyes on me when I stumbled before my words, "ever since what?"

"Ever since I met my ex-girlfriend." I quickly said, without stumbling upon my words. The atmosphere changed; it became stern but profound. I just felt my throat suddenly froze preventing me to speak.

Damn why does this happen every time I speak about my ex? I disregarded the discomfort that I was feeling when I saw Jennie's dazed face.

"Ooohh, so she likes outdoors too huh?" She gave off a tone of comfortability that signalled that it was okay to just casually talk about the past. "Mmmhhmm." I nodded again.

"So what was she like? You know, what was like being with her?" She continued asking, but this time with an intrigued face that tells me that this night won't end if I won't talk about my past and let me do all the reminiscing moments, which I freaking hate.

"Are we seriously gonna talk about my ex right now?" I tried avoiding. "What's wrong? it's not like you still have feelings for her, right?" She just persistently twists her way out of words.

Damn, Jennie you're good.

"Yah! Of course, I've moved on! I just don't know if you're comfortable talking about my past." I confessed. "Of course I'm comfortable talking about your past. We're friends right? Besides, I want to know you more." She said with a tone of assurance that I can trust her.

Right, we're friends. That stinged a little bit. But her genuine curiosity about me is making me soft, to think she even wants to interrogate my past and wants to know every little detail of who I am.

So, I opened myself to her. I told Jennie the beginnings of my love life. I told her her name, and how it was an eargasm to my ears before. I conveyed the exact scenario of how we've met and how I used to be so dorky and childish everytime I interact with her.

She was my first, I let her become my strength and vulnerability at the same time. She became the bedrock of my life, but also, she was an old fortress that was strucked down from the war of life. She didn't last long. No. She didn't want it to last long, she wanted to end it while I was still holding on. I told Jennie how it hurt my entire being watching her slip away from my arms. I told Jennie how it intoxicated my individuality when she left - left me with no trace. It was her absence that I couldn't fully embrace enough at that time.

it was bittersweet but I'm glad it was all done. I carried myself up. Prayed that everything will be over. Truly first love was a trainwreck for me but It was an experience that taught me a huge lesson.

"You're such a strong person, Rose. I couldn't imagine myself surviving in a situation like that." She grabbed a hold of my grip in the table, allowing me to calm down as the tension of melancholy rushed into my veins.

Automatically, my system went stable as if it only resonates through Jennie's touches.

This is what I was waiting to feel for the longest time. The feeling between the comfortability and calmness of my heart when her presence is near and the ground-shaking thumping of it whenever we touch. It seems too confusing and beautiful at the same time, but I like it. I want it.

This feeling is even way more different than the feelings I had for my ex. Not that I didn't treasure our relationship before, I just didn't know I can feel this kind of softness to someone I've only known for weeks.

For the first time in the longest time, I finally found someone to protect.

JENNIE.

I checked the time, it was almost 8:30, "Come on, we're almost there." I grabbed Rosé by the hand and moved two times faster.

The concert will start at 8:35, so we rushed inside the concert hall and quickly picked a seat.

We are now inside the concert hall of Sydney's Opera House, it's jam packed since it's pick up season and tourists during summer are hella abundant. The Philharmonic Orchestra will be playing tonight, and since Rosé likes music, I hope she would love the show.

"Hey, Jen. I saw some pictures of this concert hall before and to be honest, those pictures were way smaller than it is in real life." Rosé stated in awe as she scanned above her head, revealing the vastness of the concert hall and the complex structure that gave off an ethereal feeling under the warm luxurious lights. She was left awestruck.

But honestly though, she was way more beautiful than this well-structured building. She should see herself more often, 'cause she's one heck of a masterpiece. She should see how her face glows up on its own under the dimmed lights, and how her plumped lips accentuated her fluffy cheeks.

Wait. I snapped out. Why am I describing her so poetically? This is so not me. The sudden mental realization sent chills into my system.

"Wait, why are they turning off the lights? Is it starting already? Oh my!" I heard Rosé being cutely ignorant of what's happening.

There I go again. Stop adjectively describing her Jennie! I screamed at myself.

I decided to not entertain the thoughts and realizations I just had and decided to give all my attention to Rosé and to the show.

All I need is to enjoy this night and nothing else.

The show started, Rosé's face lit up as the red curtains went off and the Orchestra started playing their strings.

I instinctively grabbed Rosé's hand, she was startled but when our eyes met, we synchronizely smiled and had the mutual feeling of comfortability.

Then I leaned closer and and positioned myself near her ear. Why does it feel like I have done this before?

I shrugged off the familiar feeling and whispered, "Rosé, if you want to, I could give you a full tour of my house tonight."

...

a/n: guess what will happen in the tour? *winks

please leave comments, it really hypes up my writing mood 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.8K 40
Park Chaeyoung, a new accepted trainee of YG entertainment, had to deal with her mentor, Lalisa Manoban, before even joining her dream group. Hating...
18.3K 1K 17
All Rosé needs is someone to fill the empty space in her heart. The "She didn't know but she healed something she never broke" kind of trope. (Shor...
60K 2.6K 34
In a simple world, Jennie and Rosé are married as they live their happy days together as wives. [contains imagines/storyline of the married life of c...
41.9K 1.4K 34
This is the sequel to Found Myself Dreaming so if you haven't read that yet, please do so! -------------- You are an American actor who fell in love...