Shattered Stars - Endless Shi...

By elystato

Shattered Stars One Shots! what happens when you don't want to stop writing a book? YOU MAKE ONE SHOTS FOR IT... More

1 | Feel Better
2 | a path of petals
3 | kowareyasuki
4 | to be or not to be
5 | hanging by a thread
6 | Trick or Treat?
7 | The Pocky Game
8 | The Yasaki Curse
9 | Ryusei Tsushima: Origins
10 | Joshua Ayaki: Origins
12 | Cuddling Time!
13 | Paperwork and Reports
14 | Mr. Protective
15 | Knockout Gas
16 | Dorks
17 | Paralyzed
18 | Road to Recovery
19 | We'll Never Be Apart
20 | What We Once Were

11 | The Worst Kinds of Goodbyes

8 0 13
By elystato

———
Eleven | The Worst Kinds of Goodbyes
(A Shattered Stars Christmas One Shot)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Erissa Toudou, Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Blythe Yuuki, Guren Yuuki

Supporter Characters: Sin Tae-Wong, Ryusei Tsushima

Ships (Platonic): EriBly, SatoRenShua

Ships (NonPlatonic): RyuSin (Small mentions)

Summary: The worst kind of goodbyes always hurt the most. (Not canon, set in an alternative reality. Not all deaths take place in the same reality ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥) trippy)

wOw merry christmas!! this is my christmas gift to you guys ;3 yes, angst it is!!
i hope this makes you sad bc here we go lets get some angst rolling weeeeeeeee
———

Blythe smiled at her best friend, who laid next to her.

Who would've known that she would die right beside Erissa, her one and only assassination partner and best friend since, forever?

It's been awhile since the duo went on an assassination job. Soon after Guren came back and Natsumi was confirmed a good guy and Shattered Stars was officially made a group, Erissa and Blythe agreed to take an assassination job that Guren ignored recently.

It didn't end well. They were up against someone that they couldn't beat, and the duo knew that well.

Right as Blythe was going to shoot the target, he shot her. Erissa attempted sniping the guy but she also got shot immediately after.

"Erissa!" Blythe screamed as her gunshot wound wasn't fatal enough to knock her unconscious.

Though, she knew she was slipping into unconsciousness very soon.

Erissa was the same, they both didn't have enough strength to even move to each other, so they stayed put and stared at the sky above them.

"Blythe?.."

Blythe gave Erissa a hum in response, she was too tired to even focus on trying to respond.

"Are we.. are we going to— to die?"

Blythe chuckled slightly. Her whole body hurt just doing that, but she brushed off the pain and closed her eyes.

"No, Erissa. You.. you will live. Guren will.. save you."

Erissa now gave Blythe a chuckle.

"And you?.. I can't exactly.. survive without.. Blythe Yuuki."

Blythe smiled and opened her eyes to look back at the bright sky.

Clouds were beginning to block Blythe's view of the sky, signaling that it was about to rain.

"Erissa, if we don't make it.. I love you."

Erissa's laugh came as a slow, painful wheeze.

"I love you, too. I always have."

Rain started sprinkling down on the two assassins as their pools of blood slowly became less visible.

"We let a a target escape. We aren't supposed to.. supposed to do that. We.. we promise to never— never let one escape." Blythe whispered, loud enough for Erissa to hear.

"Promises are meant to be broken.. sometimes."

Blythe laughed and looked at the blood beneath her.

"Blythe, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I.. I've never been one to be a good friend.. so I'm sorry for being such a bad.. bad friend."

Blythe wanted to scream at Erissa. She wasn't a bad friend at all, in fact, she was the greatest friend Blythe could ever ask for.

In moments of death, why couldn't she see that?

"You aren't a bad friend.. I will always love you for who you are."

Blythe heard Erissa laugh at her comment.

"Never.. stop being you.."

Blythe frowned as she heard Erissa's voice fade away. Lacking strength to turn her head around and look at her friend, she decided to speak.

"Erissa?.."

No response came.

"Erissa, please.. don't go.. not yet.."

No response once more. Blythe smiled slightly as sprinkles turned into raindrops.

With her last breath, she turned it into a laugh, never imagining that she would die right beside her best friend.

———

Some time after Erissa, Blythe, and Chelsea became goddesses and left Kyoto, Guren gave Joshua and Satori a mission.

It was simple. Steal magical records from a company who had evil intentions with those records. It was Joshua and Satori's job to put the man behind it in jail and steal the magical records without anyone knowing about it.

Except, it went downhill.

Hideri Fujisawa knew about them coming to steal it.

Information leaked out of the Magic Government.

"Agents 37 and 29, get out of there!" Guren screamed through his comms as he tried to monitor Joshua and Satori's situation.

Just then, Guren found out Hideri Fujisawa, the man behind everything, knew that the Magic Government was going to steal the magical records.

Receiving no response from the two, Guren was about to call Ryusei over to try and regain contact with them.

Though, it would take forever to call Ryusei, he was currently with Sin on a mission in Hokkaido.

"Damnit!" Guren screamed in rage.

"Jesus Yuuki-kun, learn to control your rage."

Guren jumped at the sudden comment.

"Ayaki?"

"I hear you loud and clear, sir."

Guren sighed in relief and sunk into his chair.

"I need you two to get out of there. Hideri Fujisawa knows about the mission."

Guren heard Joshua drop what he was doing and gasp. "Wait, seriously?"

Guren hummed a yes as he tried to get in contact with Satori.

"By the way, how's Sato—"

"Agent 29 is fine. We're fine and we will be fine."

Guren frowned at Joshua's sudden answer, but decided to let it pass.

"Agent 29 broke through the security system. Shall we go in?"

Guren looked at the computers in front of him. It seemed the two were very close to the magical records and just had to get pass some guards and computer systems.

"You have permission to go." Guren decided, laying back in his chair as he watched the small dots on the map move closer to the magical records.

"Oi, Yuuki, you never told us there were computer systems here that needed hacking!" Joshua whisper-shouted into the comms.

"Well, I'm sorry. I'm sure Agent 29 will be able to handle it."

At that point, Guren heard Satori sigh. The picture of him rolling his eyes in front of Guren gave him a small laugh, smiling because of the thought.

After a few minutes, Guren watched as the dots stayed put, not moving. Joshua wasn't talking either.

"Agent 37, do you copy?"

No response was received, which made Guren hit his computer with full force.

Hopefully, Ryusei wouldn't mind fixing it later.

"Sir, Agent 29, here to give the report."

Guren smiled as he heard Satori's voice in his ear.

"Great. How is it?"

"Not good, Gure— Sir. Agent 37 has just taken the.. the magical records. We've both been shot."

Those last words made Guren freeze in his spot.

"W-Where?"

"Agent 37 was shot in the shoulder."

Guren stood up and looked at the computer map, which showed Joshua running away from Satori and out of the building.

Guren also noticed Satori wasn't stating where he was shot and panicked.

"And you? Where were you shot?"

Satori's light chuckled filled Guren's ears. Oh, how he wished these missions didn't come with such a cost.

Well, when someone knows a secret mission is going on, it can't be good.

"You'll have to guess, sir."

"No one wants to play these games, Agent 29. This is serious."

Again, another light chuckle.

"Agent 37, do you copy?" Satori asked through the comms as Guren looked at the map confusedly.

"I copy, Agent 29. Security systems are disabled and we should be able to leave."

Guren's frown turned into a smile as he heard those words from Joshua. But, Satori and Joshua were very far from each other, leaving Joshua to exit on his own first.

"Yep. Have fun."

"Excuse me?"

"Have fun."

Guren and Joshua heard those last words from Satori as his comms was turned off by himself.

"Agent 29, do you copy?"

No answer was received, leaving static.

"Satori! Do you copy?"

Static once more.

"Yuuki-kun, don't break the computer. Do that and we won't know where the hell Satori is."

"Agent 29." Guren corrected, kind of annoyed that Joshua was calling Satori by his first name.

"Right. Anyway, I'm currently trying to figure out where he i—"

"He's right where you left him. Near where the magical records used to be." Guren interrupted.

"Got it. Permission to go?"

Just as Guren was about to give the okay, a huge explosion was heard in the distance from where Joshua was standing.

"Yuuki, you heard that too, right?"

Guren hummed a yes as he looked at Satori's spot on the map, blinking.

"Where was the explosion?" Joshua asked, knowing Guren had maps in front of him.

"Where.."

"Excuse me?"

"Where Satori was."

"Agent 29." Joshua now corrected, though, he knew it wasn't the time to be joking around.

"Whatever, just go. I've confirmed that there are no more explosives in the area."

"Okay, I'll go now. Also, what is that beeping noise?"

Guren sighed, Joshua probably heard the loud beeping noises coming from Satori's dot and the explosion.

"Guess."

"Are you just going to copy Agent 29 now?"

Guren smiled, he probably picked up the guess thing from Satori once he said it to him.

A few minutes passed and Guren was getting impatient. Though, Joshua was moving closer to Satori, he was just a bit slow.

"What's taking so long?" Guren asked as he saw Joshua's dot progress a little more.

"I'm sure Agent 29 told you. I was shot in the arm. Can't exactly aim my ring sword right. And it hurts."

At the mention of the gunshot, Guren suddenly remembered that Satori didn't tell him where he was shot.

"Did you see where he was shot?"

"Who?"

"Agent 29, dumbass."

He heard Joshua laugh to himself.

"Actually, nope. He didn't tell me and refused to since he knew you would ask that question to me at some point."

"Was he always two steps ahead of us?"

Joshua laughed once more, moving closer to where the magical records used to be.

"Satori Yasaki can do amazing things."

Guren smiled as Joshua said those words. "You're right. He can."

Guren watched as Joshua reached the spot, hoping to get information.

"Agent 37, what's going on?" Guren asked.

He heard Joshua take a shaky breath.

"I.. I think I'm just seeing things, Yuuki-kun. I don't believe what I'm seeing."

That enough made Guren angry.

"What? What do you mean? Tell me what you see!"

Joshua took another shaky breath, and footsteps were heard.

"This can't.."

"Ayaki! What happened?"

Guren was growing impatient. He wanted to know what exactly Joshua was seeing.

"Hideri Fujisawa. He was behind this," Joshua suddenly said.

"Yes, he was the one who possessed the magi—"

"No. I'm not talking about that."

Guren looked at his computer and saw that no one was in the room except for the two he had sent on a mission.

"Then, what are you talking about?"

A long silence was present, and Guren knew it wasn't good.

"No pulse. He's dead."

"Who? Hideri Fujisawa?"

A laugh erupted from Joshua.

"No."

With that, Guren knew exactly what Joshua meant.

"He didn't even.. even say goodbye.." Joshua whispered, though, Guren heard it through his comm.

"Let me.. let me confirm. Agent 29 is dead?"

"Yes," came Joshua's almost immediate response.

Guren sat in his chair, in shock.

He couldn't believe that his best friend was dead.

It was probably a dream.

If it was, Guren wanted so badly to wake up.

And once he did, he would call Agent 29 over to his house and hug him like crazy.

"Not again.. I can't lose him again.."

"Again? Have we lost him once?"

Guren didn't respond, but looked at the computers in front of him.

"Return. Don't die, Ayaki."

"Got it."

Joshua then turned off his comms and fled the place.

Guren sighed, if Satori knew there was a bomb, why did he stay in that room?

Then again, he remembered his words.

"Was he always two steps ahead of us?"

It appears he was, and Guren was going to find answers.

And he would murder Hideri Fujisawa if it was the last thing he did.

Accompanied by Joshua, of course.

But for now, Guren mourned quietly in his chair.

He couldn't believe they lost Satori, again.

And it was his fault this time, too.

———
11 | The Worst Kind of Goodbyes

huhu murry christmas everyone!! hope you enjoy ;3
———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 33.2K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
600K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
239K 8.4K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...