Learning to Fall (A Josh Hutc...

By nanalove9516

To enjoy her summer off from school Arianna is visiting her Aunt and Uncle in New York when she has run ins w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Chapter 9

14.3K 358 92
By nanalove9516

Once again I stood in the freshly cleaned airport. This time, I was waiting in the passenger pickup. She would arrive any moment and it would complete my “recruits”. I had an eager Josh next to me impatient with how long it took to unload the plane.

I made sure Chloe got an early flight so it would be easier for josh. The last thing we need is for him to be swarmed by a bunch of fans. Early in the morning consists of the usual crowd, people traveling for meetings or people who are too tired to even notice him. The baseball cap and hoodie helped with that.

Just then we saw people coming out of the double doors looking eagerly for family members or drivers holding their last names on signs.

I stood impatiently waiting to see my brunette best friend walk through the doors. I looked over at Josh who seemed nervous with how quickly the empty room filled with people.

A big couple came out and decided to stand in front of me so my view was blocked from seeing Chloe.

“Excuse me?!” I said to them trying to get past. They shot me dirty looks and remained where they were.

“Well, well, well. Still being impatient huh Ari?” I swung around to see the milk chocolate eyeball looking me in the face with a giant grin on her face. We both squealed and then embraced in a sisterly hug.

“I miss you so much Chloe!” I as we did an awkward spin thing and earned a couple of laughs and stares from people passing by.

“I missed you too!” she parted from me and looked me over. “You look…pale. Is there no sun here?” she asked as she looped her arm with mine.

“Well where we are people go to salons and get spray tans or use a tanning bed.” I said matter of factly.

Chloe stuck her nose up and make a disgusted face. “That’s so foreign.” I laughed with her and we started walking away.

Until I remembered Josh. I turned around to see he was standing right behind us following, not even going to say a word until we got to the car.

I looked over at Chloe who noticed who he was. Her eyes went wide and she seemed to tremble. I giggled to her fan girl reaction in front of him. He started to laugh at the terrified looking girl in front of him.

“Josh, I’d like you to meet my best friend, Chloe. Chloe this is Jo-“

“I know who he is!” she said a little too loud then she intended because she looked at her feet embarrassed.

“It's nice to meet you Chloe.” She looked up at him as he leaned in and gave her a hug. She let out a little squeal and I covered my mouth as to not add to her embarrassment. I don’t think she really cared though, I’ll have to bother her about it later.

“Okay well let’s get going.” I said leading ourselves out of the airport, to my car.

“So what’s this plan you have?” Chloe asked me as I looked at Josh in the passenger seat, we both looked at each other with evil grins and we laughed at our reaction.

“Well,” he started to say. “She has been dating my best friend for a week or so and we think he is up to no good. So basically, we want to catch him in the act.” He looked back at me and I let out a little giggle.

“SO how are we going to do that?” she asked no one in particular so I answered her.

“Canada.”

“Canada?” she looked from me to Josh for confirmation to what she just heard. He nodded his head answering her question.

“Why?”

“Well that’s where he is going for a “guy retreat”.” Logan said adding the finger quotes.

Chloe’s eyes went wide again when she figured it out. “Oh so you think he’s going to Canada for a different reason? Like maybe with a girl?” as much as it hurt, that was one of the most likely possibilities for his suspicious actions. “Well whatever you guys plan to do…I'll be more than happy to help.”

I nodded my head to her then continued to drive to my Aunts house.

There we got Chloe settled in one of the three guest rooms and Josh in another. The thought of Josh Hutcherson sleeping in the same house as me made my toes go numb but it was a good feeling. Once I finished helping Chloe she went downstairs to talk with Aunt Ellie. Instead of joining her I decided to visit someone else.

“Hey, you need help with those?” I asked Josh as he opened his suitcase. I caught a glimpse of his untidy clothes that had been thrown inside instead of neatly folded. I knew if I didn’t help he would just throw them in the dresser the way they were.

He nodded his head with a smile and sat next to the suitcase on his bed. I walked over and started with the red shirt on top which was folded like it was an origami.

“Yeah, um. I don’t know.” He stuttered as I held the shirt in front of him ordering him to fold it. I watched as he started folding the inside out shirt. Men are so helpless, I thought to myself.

“Here, let me see.” I took it from him and started to fold.

“Sorry, I’m not very much of a laundry person.” He chuckled, making my stomach do a flip. Why is he so cute?

“That’s why I’m here.” I said shooting him I smile but I quickly looked away as I saw he was staring me down.

I was halfway through folding when he cleared his throat making me look at him.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah?” I said weary of what he was going to ask.

“Why Kaiden?” it was hard to answer that question when I didn’t fully know the answer.

“I guess it was because I didn’t really know anyone else around here.” He looked down at his blank phone trying to seem distracted and unfazed but I knew something was bothering him.

“I was here.”

I was taken aback by his response and didn’t know how to respond to it.

“I mean, we met and I told you I would see you at the Gala.” I set down his last article of clothing that was folded and started separating them into appropriate drawers.

“I didn’t see you at the Gala, except for once and you seemed to disappear.” I said trying to look him in the eyes.

He didn’t seem to say anything for about 10 seconds once I was done separating his clothes. I stood there feeling awkward in the middle of the room as he looked down at nothing in particular.

“Well I’ll see you later.” I started to head out the door.

“Forget Me Not.” He said almost a whisper. I have no idea how I heard him.

“What?” I asked reentering the room, looking at him.

He returned his gaze at me and repeated himself. “Forget Me Not.” I was then remembered of the little flowers I found on my clutch.

“That was you.” I wasn’t asking but mainly stating but he nodded his head anyway. “Why didn’t you give them to me directly?” I set his bad on the floor and sat next to him on the bed, not leaving my gaze form him.

“That’s what I intended but I saw you and…Kaiden dancing.” I felt a kick of guilt in my gut and I looked away from him. “The blue reminded me of your eyes.”

I looked back at him as I felt the heat creep onto my cheek. I didn’t know what to do or say.

I tried to go back to that night and remember what happened.

“Hold on I need to go get something from my clutch.” I looked at Kaiden as his eyes were glimmer from the lights around us. He nodded his head as he headed to the bar.

I walked over to the table and at first couldn’t find my clutch until I saw it. It was sitting on the table covered in two little blue flowers. I recognized them form when my Aunt used to grow them, Forget Me Nots. I picked them up and smelled the familiar scent. Who did this? Kaiden? How could he, he wasn’t ever near my clutch where I could see him put them there. Then I saw a little piece of white paper tucked in the flap of the clutch.

It was a piece of ripped napkin folded horribly. I unfolded the fabric and read the words in my head.

Just like these flowers, you’re unique and beautiful. I admire you.

I looked up to see if anyone noticed me reading the note or notice the flowers. But everyone’s eyes were elsewhere not helping. I smelled the flowers one more time before dampening a napkin with water wrapping the flowers in it and stuck in my clutch with the note. By then I forgot why I came back to the table so I decided to not worry about it and get back over to Kaiden, feeling a little disappointment I didn’t learn who left that for me.

Josh looked at me, how long was I silent for. I quickly got up and went into my room leaving Josh sitting on his bed. I rummaged through things on my dresser and found the note and one of the flowers, which was now dried.

I held them in my hand as I went into the hallway and reentered Josh’s room. He snapped his head up at me and a smile was apparent when he saw what I was holding.

“Just like these flowers, you’re unique,” I took I step closer to Josh reading the note from my memory, “And beautiful.” I was standing right in front of him now and he was looking up at me form his seated position.

“I admire you.” he finished the note. It really was him. I felt my heart skip a beat and my legs started to shake. I was with the wrong person all along.

He took the flower and note from my hand, set them on his side table and took my hand. His hands were warm in mine as we interlaced our fingers. He stood up in front of me and held his face so close ii could feel his breath on my cheek.

He then repeated, “I admire you. Your beauty, your eyes, your personality. Everything.”

He tilted his head and leaned in to kiss me. The contact of his lips on mine was like nothing I have ever felt. This wasn’t wet and uncomfortable. I was very much comfortable. This wasn’t harsh or fast. It was soft and slow. It was perfect. When we parted he looked me in my eyes and smiled.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.” I stated, smiling again feeling my cheeks blush even more.

He then connected out lips one last time before being interrupted by Chloe walking past the door whistling at us. But we never parted.

I felt weightless.

**Ahhh finally! I know. Well vote, comment and please fan. Also if you could tell your friends about my story that would be great. My reads are a little low on this story. I love you all!!!<3**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost By Emily Ann

Teen Fiction

5.9K 69 11
I just got out of Juvie, my parents gave up my custody rights so now I have to go into foster care while having a patrol guard on my back 24/7. How c...
552 1 10
Josh Hutcherson and Jolene Rodriguez have been best friends forever. They grew up together in Kentucky, and even though Josh moved off to California...
1.1M 27.1K 50
Arianna has never had a normal life. Her mom died when she was 10 and her father blames her. Ever since the day her mom died her dad has abused her m...
233K 6.2K 86
Emma's just another typical girl who's lost in her own head and in love with a celebrity. She has just graduated from high school and with every move...