Alpha Ryland

By ATwistedFate

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into," he glares at me, "I'll do everything I can to push you aw... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 4

107 6 0
By ATwistedFate

The shed I am trapped in is cold and dark. It feels even colder with the company I am with who is currently covering up all the windows with whatever he can find. I'm in the corner of the room, trying to regain my confidence I had lost earlier. I thought that I could help stop this guy from getting away, but I ended up getting myself caught up in a really bad situation.

He is covering the last window, leaving the only source of light in the room alone. There is a skylight from the slanted portion of the roof that allows the moonlight to seep into the dark room. He brushes off the dirt from his clothes and checks his pockets. I stomp up to him and my hands ball into fists. "What did you steal?"

He glares at me and tries to walk away from me. I walk up to him, not letting him get out of my view so I can take a look at what he took from my parent's company. He pushes me away from him and crosses his arms, "Are you assuming that I stole something?"

I roll my eyes, "So you're telling me you were just out for an evening stroll and ended up in a heavily guarded and high security area?" He must think I'm an idiot if he thinks I'm going to believe him. Obviously, he had to of known what my building contains before breaking in. We have many different medical treatments that he could have took, but I have no idea what he ended up stealing.

"If the building was so hard to break into, how did I get in?" He says with a smug face. I raise my hand to slap him but he catches it easily and pushes me back once more. "You could have just stayed behind like the rest of them, but you had to stick your nose in someone else's business. What were you doing in the building, huh?"

I circle around him, trying to figure out what he is hiding inside his pocket but it is too hard to tell. "I was looking for someone. Unlike you, I had clearance to enter."

He puts his hands on his hips and looks down at me, "Newsflash, kiddo. You don't need clearance to get in. Just cunning skills and tricks. Oh, but I bet they don't teach you real-world applications in your fancy schools now, do they?" He is mocking me and my upbringing. It makes me upset that he is treating me like I am less than him when obviously I am way better. If he has to resort to stealing instead of paying for it like any normal person, we wouldn't be in this mess. It's not like he doesn't have money. Nobody in my pack is poor.

"I bet they just teach you simple math and science, something that you'll probably only use a handful of times in rare occasions. My school actually teaches how to survive. How to pick up social clues, how to buy a house, pay taxes, and raise a family. You probably don't know about those at all, do you?" He is absolutely irritating.

I hate being belittled, "They taught you all that but not to steal? Very poor social skill too, might I add. Oh, and how are you to pay for taxes if you cannot pay for what you stole? Raising a family will be hard if you can't even take care of yourself first."

We are at a standoff, neither one of us backing down. He still hasn't answered my first question and it angers me, "What did you steal?" I need to know if it is harmless and available to the public or one of our secret projects. It will create an awful lawsuit if our secrets are open to the world. My company would sue to the ends of the earth to get our secret projects back to us.

He keeps his mouth shut and doesn't answer me. Instead, he goes to one of the windows and peeks out of it. Nobody knows where we are yet, but we are not that far from where they may be. If he decides to stay a longer, we could hopefully be found soon. I just have to keep him distracted. Either that, or he can let me leave him and I can tell everyone his identity.

I walk up to him and purse my lips. I wonder if he has a plan now that he stole something. "So, what's your next move, genius?" He's walking around me to the next window and looks out, making sure it's safe to leave again. I just need to stall him so someone can find us.

He covers the next window and looks back at me, "Next step is to get you to be quiet." He walks up to me and crosses his arms, "I'm still debating on what method I want to use."

I stand as tall as I can be and stare him down, "Might I suggest letting me go? I'd gladly leave with what you stole and won't rat you out." I won't snitch on him as long as I can get the product he stole back to the company. He shakes his head, "Not going to happen. You know too much already."

The man examines me from head to toe and it makes me shift awkwardly on my feet. When he looks back at my face, he seems to know what to do, "I can guess that you come from money. Probably also a part of one of the elite families here. I bet you will sell for a nice sum of money. Or perhaps, I can take you back to my people and kill you in front of them to make an example of you."

My skin starts to turn cold from the lack of blood going to my face. He doesn't have very good intentions, but he didn't mention about any short-term plans with me so I have time to escape if I need to. If he plans to sell me, he can't hurt me too much to devalue me either. I know I still have a fighting chance. "I think I'll kill you. Seems more beneficial if you are dead." He finally turns to the door and unlocks it. "Come here."

He orders me to be his captive, willingly. I shake my head and stand my ground. He turns around when I don't answer him and stares at me, "You will follow me and keep your trap shut all the way to my destination. If you don't follow willingly, I will have to use force. Since I'm going to kill you in the end, don't think I won't beat you until you're barely breathing before we arrive."

I get a shock of energy through my body from fear. I take a step toward him, but keep my head held high with a straight face, "I am not obeying you because of your threat. I am following you because I am going to get back what you stole."

He turns around and walks into the woods. I stay just a few feet behind him and think of what I want to do. He is expecting me to run away. Actually, he is probably daring me to try to escape so he can have a reason to hit me. I can also go for his jacket to get whatever he stole, but it is close to his hand so he will be able to smack me away, easily. I am much smaller than him by comparison, but I probably know this terrain better than him.

My captor, though not really since I am following him and not actually held captive, questions me. He seems to like to ask a lot of questions but not answer them. "Why does it matter to you if one thing is gone, if I indeed stole something like you are accusing me of? You don't even know if I took anything."

Is he kidding me? He obviously isn't from the North if he doesn't know who I am. My family is very important and he knows of the company, so why doesn't he know me? No matter, he doesn't need to know who I am to know stealing something is wrong. "It matters to me because, number one, it is stealing! Number two," He raises a branch above his head to get through and lets go of it. It swings back and hits me in the head, scratching my right cheek. I angrily move the branch out of my face and duck underneath it. "Number two!" I repeat myself, "My father's company has been working many years with talented employees trained to engineer new medications to help people like you survive. You are taking advantage of their hard work."

He jumps down some rocks and expects me to follow. Luckily, I put on good, comfortable shoes to keep up. He doesn't look back to talk to me, "If they spent that much time trying to help me, then they shouldn't worry how I obtain it as long as I get it at the end. Right? That's their goal with their medications, right?" He stops walking and faces me, "Or is it for gaining more money and power like everyone else, with the excuse of 'saving the people?'"

The trees surrounding us keep it dark, shadowing me from the civilian world that could help me but have no idea what's going on. Nothing bad happens here, so nobody has an inkling that something bad could ever happen. I don't blame them because I still don't know I'm in danger. "It is really depressing that you think so poorly of our society."

He shakes his head in disbelief, "You are the definition of ignorant." He starts walking again. I'm ignorant? I'm much smarter than he is! He is the definition of an idiot if he thinks I don't know everything there is to know about my pack. He doesn't seem to be a part of my pack anyways, proving that he is much more ignorant about my pack than I could ever be. "Your father must be just as much of an ignorant fool as you are."

I get furious when he mentions my father. "My father? The owner and founder of the MTU medical research facility?" I step on twigs and rocks, making a lot of noise when we are supposed to be quiet. He stops abruptly and stares at me, "You're telling me that your father is the owner of MTU?" He doesn't believe me and rolls his eyes, "Do you know how many times I've heard that? Hundreds. Everyone wants to fake importance nowadays."

Before he can turn around, I put my hands on my hips and stare at him with anger. "I'm the real deal. Maura Delreal, heiress of MTU, daughter of Terrance and Ulana Delreal, nice to meet you." I sarcastically reach out my hand for a handshake and he just stares at me. "Ever wondered why I had clearance? They don't hand out permission to everyone's family members, idiot." I retract my arm and place it back on my hip.

He stands still, watching me for any sign of dishonesty. Eventually he speaks up, "Maura Delreal?" He tests my name on his tongue and for some reason it sends a shiver down my spine. I think it's because of the fact that he now knows my full identity and can sell me for more money now instead of killing me as planned. Though, I'm not sure if that's the worst of my problems.

The man's face contorts into confusion and then realization. I don't know what he is thinking, but I can imagine he is cursing a whole lot in his head. Kidnapping me can bring a whole lot of hell on earth for him. Stealing my company's product is the least of his problems now. "You're..." He shakes his head and his cold stare returns. "You're going to be a long way from home. I hope you're happy with your decision to play a hero." He turns around and walks further into the woods.

I end up walking behind him for a while before getting tired. I'm not used to walking this much and it is obvious to my muscles. When I start to slow down, the man in front of me starts to get irritated. We had only been walking for two hours and he wanted to walk for longer. I decide to distract myself by talking again. "What is your name?"

The man ignores me until I ask him twice. He grunts in annoyance and moves a branch out of the way. This time, I am prepared to catch it and take it out of my way. "You don't need to know my name." I follow him a few minutes more and sigh in frustration, "I would like to know what to call you since I feel like I'm going to be with you for a long while."

He stays silent and continues to walk aimlessly. Hopefully he knows where we are going, but another side of me wishes he is lost and we get spotted by someone. We find a small barn when we reach an open field and he breaks in. I find a corner where hay is piled up and sit on it. For some reason, I thought it was going to be soft and good to rest on, but it is really uncomfortable.

He shuts us inside the building and barricades the door. I watch him trap us together in this small building and try to find comfort on the hay. I don't want to sleep on the dirty floor, but I'm afraid of the bugs that also may be in the hay. I wish I was still in my room and had slept instead of leaving my house. It is now very late, almost 2 or 3 in the morning if I can guess.

Hay is not very reasonable when it comes to getting comfortable. Plus, it is very cold outside, so it is cold to the touch in here too. I use the hood of my jacket to keep my hair in a bun from getting contaminated and use it as a very thin pillow. I don't know if he came in here to sleep for the night, but I decided to sleep so if he has any questions or concerns, he can wait until the morning.

Shrinking into a ball, I try to save as much body heat as possible and listen to the sounds of my captor moving things around. When I no longer hear anything, I open my sleepy eyes to see him sitting by a wall and leaning on it with his eyes closed. He has his legs up by his chest and his feet close together on the floor. His hands are together to also save his body heat. I close my eyes and fall asleep, easier than expected after I hear the man on the other side of the room sigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 63.5K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
20.3K 328 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
1.2M 43.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
549K 15.5K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...