Malec ONE SHOTS

By Thatonegirlfromoz

This will be a collection of short stories of Magnus Bane x Alec Lightwood from the series The Mortal instrum... More

The Most Magical Place in the World
He loves me, he loves me not
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story
CheatCodes: Optional.
1. Cleaning House
2. Not the brightest
1. Coffee shops and heart attacks
2. Of Coffee Beans and Daydreams
3. Siblings and sandwhiches
4. Breakfast and breakdowns
5. Bedtimes and setting dates
6. Screen names and fluffy dictators
1. Baby Steps
2.They Smell Fear
1000 Reasons
When The Saints Go Marching In
1. Call the Fire Department
2. Cat Got your Tongue?
Malec meets their Maker
Eye of a Hurricane
Quotes from Jace Wayland
1. Pest Control
2. Operation Quack is a GO
Home is where the heart is
TAG Challenge
Shopping Lists
Delar saknas definitivt
**PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!**
'Happy(?)' Birthday Alec!
-SIDE STORY: Alec takes a Jump-
1. The mighty fall
2. The Only Difference between Martyrdom and Suicide, is Press Coverage.
3. A little less Sixteen Candles, a little more 'touch me'
4. Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered HoneyYou Just Haven't Thought of It Yet
A/N
5. Death of a Bachelor
6. The Last of The Real Ones
7. Victorious (epilogue)
♫♪ You Are My Sunshine ♪ ♫
24 CARROT Magic
1. Start of the War
2. Glitter Warfare
3. Loyalties Tested
4. Painting Purple Polka-dots Poorly
1. Remember Me
Author Note
It's The Great Pumpkin, Alexander Lightwood!
1. Alec Down the Rabbit Hole
2. Alec in Wonderland
3. Cheshire [Cat] Grins and White [Rabbit] Lies
4. Eat Me, Drink Me
5. Wonderland Lost
6. We're All Mad Here
7. Alec and the King of Hearts
Tale As Old As Time
BOOK CLUB!!!
Casualties Of Battle
1. A Magnificent Magnus Christmas
2. A Charming Cat Brings Christmas Cheer
3. Joy To the World and all that Jazz
The Perfect Gift
1. Waiting for Midnight
2. New Year's Kiss
Good Morning Beautiful
A/N Back home.
Daddy Magnus
Part 69! (Yes its relevant) A/N Give him love
Glitter And Popsicle Sticks Pt. 1
Glitter and Popsicle sticks Pt. 2
Act Like a Child, Be Treated As Such pt.1
#SaveShadowhunters/#SaveLucifer
The best cutlery in the world
Discontinued

The Hunt for a Christmas Tree

1.7K 56 33
By Thatonegirlfromoz

-This was meant as a contest entry, but in the end I wasn't TOO fond of how it turned out and decided to put it to the side. :) But what kind of monster would I be to put an already completed Malec moment in the bin? So here you guys go! :D Featuring a ship from one of my current favorite animes!- 

Alec trudged across the fresh snow that lay on the ground, an axe in hand already prepared for the task of the day. This would be the first Christmas where Magnus' home was his own, and as such this would be their first Christmas tree as a married pair. He'd never really cared for Christmas, but now, it felt like so much more. He would never have expected himself to be this happy, celebrating a holiday with the love of his life, much less to be married to said love. It had to be perfect, Alec would make sure of it!

"Alexander! Will you wait ONE moment for me?" cried out Magnus from several feet behind.

His boots, while incredibly fashionable, were not working well in this godforsaken white mess called snow. It was cute and whatnot, but being from Batavia, now Jakarta, Indonesia he wasn't rather fond of it. And his young husband was far too excited and that combined with his runes meant Magnus was being left behind.

He could admit however, that Alec being this excited was rather adorable, and although this wasn't their first Christmas together, it was their first as husbands and he as well was excited for making this year just that much more special. Even if it meant trying to keep himself from slipping and dying in this natural deathtrap of fluff. So much so, that they'd even portaled to a secluded forest in Denmark where Alec had read the best Christmas trees were grown. Even if it meant trying to keep himself from slipping and dying in this natural deathtrap of fluff. He trudged along slowly, and unfortunately, it wasn't long before he was left behind.

Alec searched for what felt like an eternity when he finally found THE ONE. It was a giant tree, but if he cut the trunk just enough, he knew it would fit into their home perfectly. The pine needles were the most vibrant green, and smelled amazing. He could already imagine it decorated. He turned back to call out to Magnus, who wasn't there. In all his excitement he'd lost him! Magnus would surely be annoyed with being left, but Alec knew once he saw how perfect the tree was, he'd be forgiven.

He raised his axe but before he could strike it, black thorns seemed to crawl around the trunk. He thought of it for a moment, but hit anyways resulting in an almost backhand of said thorns tossing him back like a rag doll. Once he managed to bring himself to his feet was when he saw it. The thorns, as if magically, sprang forth crawling towards him. Reaching for his axe and tossing it to the side. From the ground the black thorns seemed to grow, becoming a blobbed shadow before settling into the form of man. Except it wasn't a man, at least not completely. Its head was a skinless skull of what looked to be a wolf, with goat-like horns coming from the top. It's eyes, seemed like empty pits, except the flickering of red eyes. It was a stark difference compared to the body that was dressed in what looked to be an expensive suit.

A suit that now seemed to be ripped, Alec's fault.

"And why did you do that?" asked the skull.

What kind of demon WAS this? Alec panicked rushing to his feet he blindly reached for his weapon, one that wasn't there. He felt foolish for not bringing his bow, but Magnus' had assured him he wouldn't need it! And of all the times, this was not the one to be proven correct. He turned back, WHERE WAS MAGNUS?!

"Stay where you are demon!" he shouted out. As the skulled creature tilted its head to the side.

"Demon?" it asked in question, trying to understand the strange boy in front of him. "I am not a demon." It answered.

"Well you aren't human!" argued back Alec.

"Well you aren't one either. At least not a full one."

The two continued their standoff, neither sure what to do. It was a moment later when another joined them, this time a red-headed girl.

Of all the times for a lost girl to come.

"Hey! You! Move slowly over here!"

The girl looked up at the skulled being and then at the black-haired boy. "Why?" she asked simply.

"Because that thing will eat you! No sudden movements. Come on" Alec tried again.

The creature's hand reached out and lay its hand on the girl's shoulder. "She will do no such thing. Now I suggest you turn around and walk away. I won't ask again, I mean you no harm, but if you attack me again or try to hurt Chise. I assure you, it will not end well for you."

Alec looked at him in awe. The girl was clearly a captive, but with no weapon, he'd have to rely on his skills to defeat this this thing. He brought forward his stele and was prepared to try to save the strange girl. The creature likewise, seemed to push her behind him and conjured up a wand of some sort. He'd seen those black markings before on other nephilim and he knew how dangerous they could be even to a mage of his skill.

The tension was thick, as neither party dared make the first move, both concerned of what could possibly happen. A sick silence floated between them, a fierce glare between the two.

"Alexander! You can not just LEAVE me like that! Do you know I walked in a LITERAL circle trying to find you!" cried out Magnus having finally found Alec. "Oh. Hey Elias. Fancy running into you here."

"MAGNUS?!" cried out both Alec and what apparently was 'Elias'. "You KNOW HIM?" they cried out in unison again turning back to each other.

"Elias. Are you alright? You are bleeding?" Said Magnus in concern noting the injury on his arm.

"Well the boy attacked me"

"Alexander? Why did you do that?"

"HE WAS THORNS! How was I supposed to know!" he defended.

It was several awkward moments until Alec finally let his guard down, enough to understand Elias was a warlock, or at least a form of one, who somehow was friends with Magnus.

"Well you see. I was in London, and I received a post addressed to the ancient 'Magus' I figured it was a typo and sought to it. And ran into Elias. We ended up working together, and we've been friends ever since. It has been a while though, a couple of centuries at least. This must be Chise, you mentioned her when we last wrote one another."

"Oh yes! This is her! And that must be your Alec. Congratulations on the wedding, I'm sorry I was unable to attend."

Alexander sat quietly as his mind was blown. Elias, was a mix of faerie and something, who had magic, and was engaged to the red headed Japanese girl, named Chise. This all seemed normal to Magnus, but Alec was busy trying to digest.

"Sorry I must have scared you." Apologized Elias to Alec, who was being rather salty.

"I wasn't scared. I'm just not used to thorns coming to life"

"Regardless, my apologies. What brings you two here anyways?" Elias asked.

"We were trying to find the perfect Christmas tree" explained Magnus.

"Oh! So, where we! I promised Chise we'd get one today. I guess we both liked the same tree."

"Well you know what that means. Right Elias?" asked Magnus rising to his feet.

"Are you challenging ME Magnus Bane?" he asked standing and towering over Magnus. "You know You have never bested me before."

"Yes, I am!" announced Magnus. "I will not lose to you this time."

Alec felt anxious, what was going on? Behind Elias, Chise seemed to be just as concerned.

They held their breaths, and both beings put their hands forward. Alec felt useless, there was no way he could help.

"Ready?"

"Always"

"1... 2.... 3...." started Elias

"Rock.... Paper.... Scissors.... SHOOT" said Magnus

---

Getting the tree into the loft had proven to be rather difficult, but they'd succeeded. Alec had been right. And now here he was decorating it with his husband.

The lights twinkled perfectly, and the tinsel brought it to life.

"Alexander" started Magnus, wrapping his arms around Alec's waist. "It's perfect! You picked the best one"

"It's almost ready. I just need a step stool to put the star up there."

"Oh please, I am the ONLY star you will ever NEED Mr. Lightwood-Bane!" said Magnus, enjoying the use of their combined last names.

"That's true for me, but alas the tree needs one too Mr. Bane-Lightwood" he said turning to give a kiss to his love.

As if on cue, the sound of the doorbell, broke their moment apart.

"Who dares disturb the high warlock of Brooklyn and his husband!" he boomed out.

"The Thorn Mage dares disturb him. Open the door Magnus I brought gifts" came the reply as the pair opened to greet their guests inside.

Elias and Chise, who Alec had met a couple of days before had been invited to dinner and early Christmas celebrations. His adorable apprentice, and finance, Chise smiled at him and Magnus in greeting. She was pretty quiet, but she was lovely. And according to Magnus, she was doing wonders in helping Elias develop.

"So, has he ever told you the story of why the queen of England threatened to have him executed?"

"NO" laughed Alec, as he listened to the stories. They couples had moved to the living room after dinner and where chatting easily about the past, and potentially bright futures for them both. Elias had even been kind enough to place the star on their tree as he was much taller than them.

"You know I let you win" Elias to Magnus, with what seemed to be a glimmer of perhaps humor, in his glowing eyes. "So, you could keep the tree"

"You wish! I wasn't going to lose to you and deny my Alexander his tree!" came the bickering of the two ancient souls.

Alec and Chise just sat and watched the banter. They'd both been promised a memorable Christmas. And considering who their respective partners were, it was no surprise it had been as eventful as this one.

The day slowly came to the end as the Elias and Chise left promising to visit again soon, and inviting them to their enchanted cottage in England.

Alec returned to the living room, and took in the tree once more. Magnus made his way to him and lovingly snuggled under his arm.

"What are you thinking about?" asked the warlock.

"I learned some interesting things about you from Elias. I mean, this whole thing was interesting. I didn't know someone like him could exist! And did you see Chise? She adores him! That's great, they are perfect for each other." Rambled Alec. He'd wanted a memorable Christmas, he'd gotten one.

"Oh, there is still plenty of me you don't know." Replied Magnus simply. Leaning up to lay a simple kiss against Alec's jaw. "But we have the rest of our lives to figure it out."

Alec loved the idea of that. He continued to look at the tree, he looked forward to finding out everything. Sure, it wasn't their first Christmas, nor their last. AND he'd accidently injured an old friend of Magnus, but considering it was them, it didn't stop this from being another happy memory to add to his list. 

-This may be my final story for this year, (BUT I will try to do a new years eve one. no promises) but I have a huge collection coming up in the next couple of weeks! :D Merry Christmas my loves, and if I do not post again, Happy new years as well! <3 Be blessed! -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 394 25
Alec is studying to be a lawyer at university at his father's insistence, but he wants to be a vet. He loves animals and reading. His father abuses h...
4.1K 132 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...
68.5K 2.3K 58
Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night when he is dragged to a party by his si...
24K 1K 55
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...