Pretend

By Sharlay

When April's boyfriend (Kyle) breaks up with her she is heart broken. She can't seem to get over him, but whe... More

Chapter 1 - Party Time!
Chapter 2 - And the party goes on...
Chapter 3 - Me, Myself &...
Chapter 4 - The Party's Over!
Chapter 5 - Remember Me...
Chapter 7 - Heartbroken
Chapter 8 - He's Gone...
Chapter 9 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 10 - Let the games begin
Chapter 11 - I hate surprises!
Chapter 12 - In love?
Chapter 13 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 14 - What a night!
Chapter 15 - A week of paradise?
Chapter 16 - Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 17 - Date night
Chapter 18 - Danny's Diner
Chapter 19 - Jekyll & Hyde
Chapter 20 - The Talk
Chapter 21 - Good Morning
Chapter 22 - Surprise!
Chapter 23 - Blast from the past
Chapter 24 - Revelation
Chapter 25 - The Return
Chapter 26 - The story of the past
NOT A CHAPTER - Just information
Chapter 27 - Unexpected events
Chapter 28 - The truth shall set you free...
Chapter 29 - We all have secrets...
Chapter 30 - New begginnings
Chapter 31 - The Text...
Chapter 32 - Just a dream?
Chapter 33 - Never give up...
Chapter 34 (Final Chapter) - The beginning of forever...
Q & A/Information
NEW STORY!
Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2) OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!!!
WIN A SIGNED COPY OF PRETEND!!!
Excerpt of Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2)
Have You?
Will Aiden cheat on April?
Join the twitter countdown!!! :)
Would you like to get involved?
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!
1 DAY SALE!
FREE for 2 days only!
Update 2014!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 6 - Dream or reality?

345K 5.5K 1.4K
By Sharlay

Chapter 6 - Dream or reality?

"Thanks," I said as Aiden held the car door open for me.

I watched as he walked around to the drivers side with a permanent smile spread across his face. As he opened the car door, I wanted to know why.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"Oh nothing," he replied as he started up the engine.

"Aiden Daniels, how long have you known me for?"

"A hell of a long time," he replied, keeping his eyes on the road but smiling at all times.

"Ok and in that 'hell of long time', have you not yet realised that an answer like that won't suffice?"

He let out a small laugh but continued to keep his eyes fixated on the road ahead.

"Exactly. So once again, what are you smiling at?" I asked, now with a smile on my face too.

"Well, I won charades, didn't I," he said as he burst out laughing.

"Oh my gosh, you're still happy about that? You just got lucky," I replied as I kept my eyes on him.

"I don't get lucky, I told you," he said as he threw me another smile.

"Yeah ok," I replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah don't hate the player, hate the game, now put your seatbelt on," he said with a big grin, plastered across his not so modest face.

"Yes mom," I replied before clipping myself in.

"So, you seem happier than you did last night," he said, suddenly sounding more serious.

"Yeah, being around my family kind of helps to forget about Kyle, you know?"

"Yeah, I think I understand".

"Thanks" I said as I turned to look out of the window.

"For what?" He asked in a surprised tone.

"Just, you know, being there. First Kyle then today with Gramps, I'm just grateful," I replied.

"April, I will always help you," he replied in a serious tone.

"Even if it meant going against Sally?" I said laughing.

"Yes," he replied as he kept a straight face and looked ahead.

I was shocked, I hadn't expected that response. When I realised that I was laughing alone, I quickly stopped making noise. I had butterflies in my stomach, although I didn't understand why.

"Aiden?" I began.

Unfortunately the vibration of my phone interrupted what I was about to say.

"Sorry," I said as I took my it out of my bag and looked at the screen.

It was a text message from a number that wasn't stored in my contacts. I would love to say that I didn't know who it was but unfortunately, I knew Kyle's number off by heart.

"Great," I mumbled as I proceeded to open the message.

"Everything ok?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah," I lied.

I flicked my eyes back to the screen and read the message.

I need to see you. Can we meet tonight?

Had he completely lost his mind! What the hell was this, some sort of joke.

Aiden must have sensed the shocked expression on my face as he glanced over at me.

"Kyle?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied in an angry tone. I wasn't even a person that got angry and yet my blood was boiling.

"Why don't you just ignore it?" Aiden said in a frustrated tone.

I don't know why he was acting so frustrated, I was the one that this idiot was playing games with. I don't know what was happening but suddenly all of my anger and frustration towards Kyle was surfacing, right now.

"You know, I am so sick and tired of people telling me what to do! First Kyle, then Crystal, then Rachel and now you! What am I, like five! I know how to handle a situation without your advice, thanks!"

"Fine," he replied in an angry tone.

"Yeah, fine," I spat back at him.

I wanted to say sorry, the minute that the words left my mouth but looking at his face, it was probably better to let things cool off a little. I reverted my eyes back to the screen of my phone and read Kyle's message again. I was going to ignore it but I just couldn't, it was making me too angry.

Let's get this straight Kyle, you and I, are over. Got that? OVER! You can't text one minute telling me to move on and then the next saying you want to see me! It doesn't work like that! So just get the hell out my life!!!!

I stared at the screen for a few minutes, dissecting each word, one at a time. My heart began beating faster as my thumb hovered over the send button. I can't believe that I'm about to say this but sometimes, I wish that I was more like Rachel, cold hearted and spiteful. Unfortunately I wasn't, so my thumb went straight over to the delete button. I got rid of the message and started to write again.

Why?

It was pathetic, I know but I just wasn't expecting a follow up to this mornings text that he had sent me and sending back a message like that, just wasn't my style. I pressed send and then rested my phone in my lap.

I looked up at Aiden who was sat in silence as he continued to drive. I watched as he vigorously pulled each gear into place and swung the steering wheel round with force as we took each corner. He never got mad and I felt so bad.

"Aiden, I'm really So-"

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate again, which stopped me mid sentence.

"Don't want to leave Kyle waiting," he mumbled as he sniggered angrily to himself.

I felt bad, again. I quickly retrieved my phone from my lap and looked at the screen, it was from Kyle. I opened the message and read the contents.

I have to tell you something, it's really important. Please...

Something important? What could he possibly tell me of importance...That he has an evil twin who cheated on me with Rachel but now he's back to save the day? No. Unless it was as good an excuse as that, I wasn't interested.

I wasn't in the mood to hear any more of Kyle's rubbish, so I ignored the last text and then put my phone back inside of my bag.

I wanted to talk to Aiden, I needed to make things right before we met up with Crystal. As we pulled up at the park, I got straight out of the car. I watched as he slammed his door, locked it and then walked off.

"Aiden!" I called after him.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me.

"Look, I know that I was a bit harsh back there and you didn't deserve that," I said in a guilty voice as I walked towards him.

"No, I didn't," he replied, still looking rather annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I was just taking my frustration, with Kyle, out on you," I said as I awaited an answer.

"I know," he replied, more sympathetically this time.

"Forgiven?" I asked.

"Yeah but on one condition," he said as a small smile, spread across his lips.

"What?" I asked, curiously.

"You admit that I am the king of charades," he said as he began to laugh.

"Are you kidding me?" I replied as I tried to the force the smile off of my face.

"I never kid," he replied as the smile on his face grew larger.

"And then you'll forgive me?" I asked.

"Completely," he said, staring into my eyes.

"Ok...You're the king of charares," I mumbled as we continued to walk through the park.

"How silly do you think I am? You think I can't tell that you're not even saying charades?" He said as he let out a loud laugh.

"Ok fine! You really want me to do this?" I asked in a sympathetic voice.

"Yes and your puppy dog eyes don't work on me, angel," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Ok, fine!" I said.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the floor.

"You are the king of charades," I said as quick as I possibly could.

"Now, doesn't that feel good?" He asked as he threw his hand around my shoulders and continued to laugh.

"Yeah, I suppose you do need reassuring after how badly, the last game we played turned out," I said as I began to laugh, excessively.

"Huh?" He asked with a confused expression on his face.

I began to talk as I slowly tried to control my laughter.

"Remember when me, you and Crystal were playing dares and you got the blu-tac stuck up your nose and we had to go to the emergency room," I replied as I began laughing again.

"Oh you think that's funny do you?"

"Yeah I do actually," I replied, still laughing.

"I wonder how funny you'll find this," he said as he pulled me towards him and began tickling me.

"No!" I screamed as fits of uncontrollable, laughter escaped from my mouth.

"Oh, forgot you was ticklish didn't you, good job I didn't," he said as we both fell onto the ground.

Slowly Aiden and I stopped laughing as we took in the situation. As I looked up at him on top of me, my eyes were drawn to his. As he stared down at me, a feeling shot through my spine, just like the one that I had felt in my dream. Suddenly everything seemed so quiet.

"April," he whispered as he looked down at me with a serious expression now on his face.

My heart skipped a beat, I couldn't understand why, but it did.

"Yes," I whispered, all most unable to talk.

"I-"

"Aiden, April! Where are you?".

It was Crystal. Suddenly without the need to discuss it, we both jumped up. I began to dust the grass off of my clothes.

What just happened?

"Oh, there you are! I have been looking for you everywhere. We went to the shop and then I seen your car on the way back but I couldn't find you and I had no credit to call you, so then I started to-"

Suddenly she cut herself off as she took in the strange expression that was on both of our faces.

"What is wrong with you two, you look like you've just seen a ghost," she said.

I couldn't talk.

"Ok, so you found us now, come on and stop being dramatic" Aiden replied as they began to walk ahead.

I could feel his eyes on me as he looked back at where I was stood but I refused to look at him.

"Oh shut up Aiden," she replied.

I stood frozen, I just couldn't understand what had just happened. None of it made sense.

"Oh my gosh, April, will you come on!" Crystal shouted back at me, impatiently.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I mumbled as I continued to stare at the two of them walking ahead.

"I'm coming..."

****

So there it is, chapter 6, I hope that you guys are still enjoying the story. Don't forget to let me know what you think, I love to hear your feedback. And you know what's coming next don't you? If you like it then...VOTE VOTE VOTE lolol

Thanks for the amazing support that you have all shown this story, you truly do make writing worth it! :) xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 748 15
Alex is a tomboy. One of her best friends is Kyle. They don't like each other, but they're inseparable. That all changes over the summer when Alex st...
1.7M 43.1K 28
'If we pretend to be a couple, I might make you mine for real.' When sweet Samantha fakes a relationship with her sarcastic roommate, she never suspe...
187K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
322K 7.4K 48
Kassandra Williams has a few more days left until she turns 18, the age where you can find your mate. When her dad announces she and her twin brother...