I don't want a real relations...

By StardustCrusader

A thirty year old woman celebrates her birthday playing otome game. She wants forget about her work, life and... More

Prologue
Chapter one: Introduction
Chapter two: Cafe
Chapter three: Stranger
Chapter four: Distance
Chapter five: You were my best friend
Chapter six: Landlord Cold heart
Chapter seven: Brand new Start
Chapter eight: A Mother's love
Chapter nine: Barista
Chapter ten: Apartment
Chapter eleven: Saya
Chapter twelve: Date
Chapter thirteen: Broken
Chapter Fourteen: Complex
Chapter fifteen: Umbrella
Chapter sixteen: Unrequited Love
Chapter seventeen: Gerald
Chapter eighteen: Fear
Chapter nineteen: Dream
Chapter twenty: Life
Author's note
Chapter twenty one: Parent and Child
Chapter twenty two: Gift
Chapter twenty three: Control
Chapter twenty four: No Connection
Chapter twenty five: Adam's heart
Chapter twenty six: Liam's Heart
Chapter twenty seven: Gerald's Heart
Chapter twenty eight: Dexter's heart
Chapter twenty-nine: Your Heart
Chapter thirty: The Ending
Adam's Route
Gerald's Route
Liam's Route
?????? Route
Heroine's Ending
Thank you

Dexter's Route

2.6K 118 35
By StardustCrusader

"You know, today isn't pay your rent day," I said while eating my sandwich staring at Dexter sitting across from me. 

He blow on his soup, "I need peace and quiet. Your apartment, actually MY apartment has it. As your landlord, I have every right to be here." 

"Under the contract, I sign my name that I own part of it. In a way, you invading my space." 

We stare down each other waiting for the other person to make  a move. 

Dexter comment, "you have bread crumbs at the corner of your mouth." 

"What, where?" I said try to swipe them away from my mouth. 

He smiles, "you lost." 

I glare at him, "You are so lucky that you're my landlord. if you were my neighbor, I'll throw you out." 

Dexter and I have this odd relationship. Dexter is my landlord. I am his renter. Our relationship wasn't like this. It's was way sour. 

I use to call Dexter a loan shark that keeps asking our money knocking on our door like it's Christmas. 

One day, I blew up at his face. He was surprise by my words and what I thought of him. After that, he knock on my door to apologize and wants to change  to be a much nicer person. I help him by communicating with the neighbors who had real issues such missing mail, water problem and community. 

Dexter is slowly changing himself bringing what the renters need. Strangely, Dexter comes to my apartment ask different advice what he needs to do to help benefits for the renters. 

We start grew closer as friends. We start to make jokes to one another even though I'm surprise Dexter can crack smile. I was so use to his serious demeanor. 

Honestly, I enjoy Dexter's company. I'm surprise to have say this. I really do. 

It's comfortable and relaxing. 

Right now, I'm a total mess. My hair is all messy, wearing pjs, and no make-up on. Dexter was use to it since during payments he seen my worst. 

"Am I dateable?" Dexter said all of sudden while scrolling through his phone. 

I nearly spit my water, "dateable?"

"You have the same reaction as my sister except she laugh for hours." 

"Why do you need justify your dateable? Unless..........Are you in love with someone?" 

Dexter avert his eyes and push his glasses, "I'm just asking." 

"It is! who is it?" I slam my hand on the table.

"It's nobody. Now, tell me on the scale of 1-10 how dateable material am I?"

I look at Dexter with a serious expression.

"Well....I can't tell you." 

"Why not?" 

"don't I need to date you before I can give you a rating?"

"How about it?"

I laugh," You? Me? Dating. Dexter, you're my landlord and my friend-ish."

"It's a test. Anyway, you are the one judging my dating skills so I can impr-" 

He stops and I smile, "so there is someone!" 

Dexter gets up, "My lunch is over. See you tomorrow. 12pm. I'll pick you. bye." 

He left my apartment just like that. 

I laugh seeing him embarrassed like that. 

I straighten out my hair, wear my collar shirt with print of polka dots, with a blackskirt that's above the knee, wear a small heel. I put on earrings that were small. I put on lipstick. I look in the mirror. 

"perfect!" 

Knock Knock

I went to my front door and open it.

I thought my eyes decieve me. 

"DEXTER!" I said with my jaw drop. 

Dexter put his hair wavy, wearing a white shirt over with his black and white stripe sweater. He has on black pants. 

The Dexter I know wear like an old granpa outfits and his hair will be flat. 

It's  a total change. I almost mistake for a model. 

"Why are you shouting?" he said rubbing back of his neck. 

"You look good," I said. 

"Seriously?" he said not believing me. 

"Seriously! I thought you were a model or something." 

"I never expect a compliment from you. That's a first." 

"I'm shock I said that myself," I giggle. 

He looks at me for awhile, "you know you look beautiful." 

"if you complimenting me, to earn brownie points. It's not going to work."

"I'm serious. You really look nice."

I blush a bit recieveing a compliment.

"um...so.....where are we going?" I ask. 

"you'll see." He said. 

The train is crowded. We are all squish like sardines. Dexter and I were facing each other as I ask where we're going. 

"Square plaza," he answers. 

Square plaza is the most attraction for tourist and the most expensive place to go. For example, for a burger is around five dollar but for Square place, it's eight dollars. How about this? For the movies, it's 25 dollars for two people. It's crazy. I have to admit. It's not bad to take a stroll. 

It's five stop away from Square plaza. We might have to bear it. 

There were slight push from behind me with rowdy teenager don't know personal spaces. Dexter pull me in. 

"Are you okay?" He ask. 

I had to tilt my head slightly making eye contact with him. I avert my eyes that our bodies were close to one another. 

"yeah." I said. 

"We might have to stay like this." 

"It's fine." 

My cheeks are against his chest. His one arm is wrap around my shoulder making sure I won't fall since I can't hold to a pole. 

Once, we arrive Square plaza, everyone got out of the train. We did too. 

We enter the movies theaters seeing different movie posters on the wall that are playing. The line were separate  in three lines. There's also four machine that you can buy the ticket yourself, but you need to go to the counter and register a seat.

Dexter ask," What movie do you want to watch?" 

I haven't seen movie trailer that I'm invest in. 

"Well....." I look at the posters. "what about this one?" I point a poster with boy wearing a hero costumer reaching his hand out. In the background, there's a super hero guy is flying. A mysterious villain lurking behind them. 

"You're into hero movies?" He comment. 

"What? are you judging me?" 

"No, I thought you were into romance movies." 

"Romance movies are always cliché. They are never different. Why you think I like romance movies?"

"your games is full stock with otome games." 

My eyes widened and look at him, "you...." 

"My sister have the same games you have." 

"I can't believe you know what they are." 

"hot men with heart shape around it. It's obvious what's implied." 

"You don't find it weird I owned a otome game." 

"Why is that weird?" 

"I'm thirty year old that owns a otome game." 

"So? just because you're thirty doesn't mean you going to stop doing what you love."

I felt my heart skip a beat. 

woah.

no. no.no 

Stop it. 

Heart, no. We are not doing this again that I suddenly like for something like this. No. We are not doing this again. We did it high school. I'm not doing this again. 

"Any movies you recommend?" I ask. 

"Well..." He points. 

It's a romance movie poster. I glance at him with a smug look. 

"So, you're into romance movies?" 

"Yes or no to seeing this movie." 

I look at his face knowing he wants to see it. 

"yeah." 

His eyes lit up even though he's trying to hide his smile. 

We purchase the ticket for this movie called, "I will swim for you."

Tacky title.

We went to go get popcorns. We order large since we're sharing. We order two drinks.

We should bring our own food since the food are expensive for no reason whatsoever.

We were early for the movie that we're watching movie previews repeatedly. We point out the trailer that were good and what were bad.

"ooooh....that looks good," I said yanking Dexter's sleeves.

Dexter laugh, "you acting like a kid."

"I haven't been in the movies in years," I said.

"Make sure not to talk too loud or we get kick out."

"Okay, mom." I said sarcastically.

He roll his eyes and takes a bite on the popcorn. I take some popcorn.

The light went dark.

That's mean to be prepare to take your seats. The movie is about to start.

I hate it.

The romance is too predictable and already done. I feel like I seen this movie before in a different film. Maybe, this is a reboot.

Dexter is silently crying next to me. We were in the sad part of the film. I'm actually shock to see him like this.  

I had napkins in my pocket.

"Dexter," I whisper.

He try to quickly wipe his tears.

"look at me," I said.

He try to cover. 

"Dexter." 

He looks at me. 

I wipe his tears with my napkin.

"Why are you ashamed showing your crying face?"  I said. 

"don't you hate it?" 

"Why would I?" 

He stays quiet as I wipe his tears. 

"there, oh wait your glasses." 

He takes them off and hand it to me. I wipe his lens to make it clear. I hand it back. 

"Don't women hates when men cry?" He said. 

"I don't hate it. Seeing you cry for this scene, it's really heartwarming to know you care a lot." 

Dexter smile and resume watching the movie. 

I look at the movie then back at Dexter. 

I guess there's more about him I don't know about. 

The movie ended. 

Dexter was tearfully happy. I was happy to be over. That movie is so bad, but Dexter enjoy it so I'm glad. 

"Wasn't that movie good?" He said. 

I don't want to answer. 

"It's.....alright...." I said with a pause. 

"you didn't like it, did you?" 

"Sorry, too much clichés and bad story plot. It's predictable." 

"When the last time you watch a good romance?" 

"A Japanese film called Koizora. A sad one actually." 

"We should have a movie night on the weekends." 

"That sounds like fun if you don't keep reminding me about paying the rent." 

"I am your landlord."

I notice three teenagers that were also inside the same movie theaters we went into another. The security weren't around.

I elbow Dexter and whisper, "Want to see another movie?"

"We didn't buy  tickets- No!"

"What?"

"We're not teenagers. What happens if we get caught, we not going to get a pat in the back like kids do."

"Do you see any security around?"

Dexter points the corner, "Camera."

"Come on! Don't tell me you never done this as a teenager?"

"..........."

"Wait! seriously!"

"I was a good kid."

"So was I."

"sure, you are" he roll his eyes.

"No wonder you were so uptight. You need to let loose."

"I can be fun!"

"Prove it! We sneaking in to that theater."

"Fine, I'll fill up popcorns while I'll do that. Pretend you go to the bathroom."

"Good plan, I'll meet you inside the theaters. You better not ditch me."

"like you trying to escape paying me your rent bill."

"two different things, Mr. landlord."

He laugh.  

I walk down the hall feeling myself smiling. I made him laugh. It's so cu-

No! What was I thinking? 

I went to the female bathroom. I actually need to go anyway. 

Once, I left the bathroom. I saw Dexter about to head inside the theaters. Two females that were wearing heavy make-up and wearing tight pants. Dexter seems hesitate trying to find a way to get pass. By his expression, he was uncomfortable. They were blocking his way trying to flirt with him. I walk over and said, "honey, sorry to keep you waiting."

I lock arms with Dexter so the girls know to back off once a man is taken. The girls threw daggers at me as they walk away.

Dexter sigh of relief, "I don't know why those girls are all over me."

"They saw a pretty face and thought you were by yourself."

"I admire their boldness, but they frighten me." 

"I'll be your shield," I pat his back.

He put his hand on my cheeks, "You're my hero." 

My cheeks flush and fluster, "We should go in before the movie starts."

I push in Dexter inside the theaters try to hide away my blush.

We left movie theaters after finishing a second movie that I personally enjoy. Dexter didn't enjoy much like I did. I proceed to tell what character I like, who I hate, what scene I love. I was clearly the chatter box. Dexter listen to me.

"The main character is amazing! I'm so happy he has powers at the end," I said.

When I realize how much I talk, I apologize to Dexter.  

"I'm sorry, did I talk too much?" I said. 

He shakes his head, " don't apologize. I never see you talk so excitedly like this. " 

I stop for a moment feeling my heart skipping so much beat. 

I twirl my hair feeling something is strange going on with me. 

We stroll down the square park. The square park has live entertainment such singing, dancing and other events. 

The radio is being played and different strangers are dancing to the music. We watch. I start clap my heads swaying back and forth. 

The song that's playing is Shut up and dance with me. 

"Want to dance?" Dexter ask. 

"Not a good dancer," I told him. 

Dexter shrugs, "who cares. Dance with me." 

Dexter grabs my hand and pulls me in to the group. Dexter starts dancing swaying his hips and arms back and forth. I try to follow his lead. I was little self conscious that people were watching. 

"I..can't..." I said. 

Dexter holds my hand, "then, focus on me." 

He put his arm around my waist. He put my hand on his shoulder. We start dancing together. He spun me around, do couple steps and dip. We were laughing and having fun with the music. 

I forgot about my own insecurities.

We sat down at a nearby bench. We couldn't stop laughing. Our shoulders touch leaning against one another.

"Where you learn how to dance like that?" I ask him.

"I was in a dance class in high school."

" no wonder you can move your hips like that. I'm really terrible following the music." 

"Really? you dance nicely. I couldn't keep my eyes off of you." 

I slap his arms feeling a slight blush on my face. 

"I gave you a compliment and you hit me." Dexter said rubbing his arm where I hit it. 

"Liar! I dance like an awkward penguin."

"Why would I lie? My eyes is all on you."

I can feel my heart beating so fast that I avert my eyes away.

"hey....so....who's the lucky person you going to ask out?"

"I told you. I got no one."

"Why else we're on this date?"

"How dateable I am?"

"you can easily do that online."

"In-person is better. since, you brought it up, give me a review."

I thought a moment.

"nine out of ten." I said. 

"Why I'm not ten out of ten?" 

"That number is way too perfect. It's like the perfect man." 

"Am I not?" 

"There's no such thing as a perfect man." 

"What man are you looking for?" 

"hmmm....Well....I don't know. I don't have any ideals. I kind of gave up looking for the special person." 

"Why?" 

"I have been reject many times by my ex-crush, ex-fiancé and failed dates. So, I just stop." 

"........."

Dexter had a soft expression of concern. I try to change the subject. 

"We should go home. It's getting late." 

When I stand up, he grab my wrist.

"The reason why I want to know I'm dateable because......"

My heart is beating fast.

"I want to confess to a women I love tomorrow."

After hearing his answer, my heart sank. I expect something else like he said he like me. 

I gave him a playful soft punch on the arm, "I knew it." 

He chuckle. 

We walk back home. 

Dexter wants to drop me off at my apartment. 

"Thank you for being my date," he said.

"Sure, I hope you confess to her."

"I will. You'll be the first one to know."

When Dexter was about to leave, I grab his hand.

He turn around to look at me.

"May I have a hug for goodnight?"

He smiles, "sure."

He hug me feeling his warmth embrace that I know I won't have. He let go of me and walk away. I enter my apartment feeling defeated.

I soon realize that I'm in love wit Dexter and it's too late.

The next morning, I couldn't sleep at all last night.

I should have told him right there, but it would ruin our friendship. I'll root for him at the sidelines.

I hear a knock on my door.

I walk over to the front door and open it.

Dexter is standing there and said, "I love you. Would you go out with me?"

I stand there dumbfounded and ask, "Dexter, do you need a confession practice or something before you tell her?"

He shake his head and reply, "I love you."

"Dexter, you should use that on the women you love not on me," I said.

Dexter was getting frustrated. He hold my cheeks and pulls me into a kiss. When we part, he scream, "THE WOMEN I LOVE IS YOU! YOU IDIOT!"

Once I process what's happening, I stretch his cheeks and yell, "HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT!?"

"I WAS FLIRTING WITH YOU THE WHOLE ENTIRE DATE!"

"YOU LET ME CRY FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT THINKING YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE."

"you cried?" he said.

"did you think I have any sleep?" I said pointing at my eyes.

He stroke my cheeks, "then....are you saying you are in love with me too?"

"yes," I twirl my hair.

He put me in close and put his lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck. He lift me up. When we part, he said, "I know how to heal a wounded heart."

"You better fix it. I really need your love badly."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364 0 71
Maika turn out 30 years old this year. Not special, she still same. Not had boyfriend since she was born, had small circle of friends, or maybe not...
409 0 38
To meet someone who is constantly betraying my expectations was not part of my life plan. Priest "In sickness and in health..." My first bride ran aw...
47 8 4
An Original Mafia AU ❝ You have witchcraft in your lips. ❞ - William Shakespeare When struggling British students manage to make their financial end...
5.2K 253 34
[Target- 1k followers in 2024?] Girls are bound to fall for red flags, so does Avantika. But before she realises, it's too late. He changed her,not...