Friends with the Babysitter (...

Per hamilfan123987

Connor's mother hires a companion--no not THAT kind of companion--like a friend, for him. Of course that frie... Més

Ch 1--The Job Ap
Ch 2--Interview Prep
Ch 3-- I Just Told A Lie
Ch 4--Becoming Shark Bait
Ch 5--Learning the Rules
Ch 6--Breaking the Rules
Ch 7--Lunchtime Blues
Ch 8--Caught in the Rain
Ch 9-- Talkin' Dirty to Babe
Ch 10--pOPCORN?!
Ch 11--YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE
Ch 12--Felling the Tree(boy)
Ch 13--Makeover
Ch 14--Apologies and Threats
Ch 15--The Fight
tagged
Ch 16--The Morning After
Ch 18--The Test
Ch 19--It Can't Be Us
Ch 20--Secret Conversations and Covert Relationships
Ch 21--Ice Cream Makes it Better
Ch 22--Kidnapping Evan Hansen
Ch 23--You Should See the Other Guy
Ch 24--The Storm
Ch 25--Family Breakfast
Ch 26--Taking Turns
Ch 27--Evan's Plan
Ch 28-The Rescue
Ch 29-Hospital Visit
Ch 30-Therapy
Sequel
Questions
Cover

Ch 17--To Tell or Not to Tell, That is the Question

816 39 47
Per hamilfan123987

Evan and Connor discussed their course of action in the car on the way to school. They picked Evan's school books up from his house, then Connor drove them to school.

"So...I know we decided to...you know, try it out," Connor said with a look at Evan. Evan nodded shyly. "But...do we wanna...keep it a secret...or do you want to tell people?" Connor asked.

Evan looked at his lap.

Did he want that? Of course he wanted nothing more than to proclaim that Connor was his from the rooftops, but there were many things that made doing that a problem. One, people would look at him if he did that. Two, Ferb and the other guys would probably make fun of him, or beat him up again. Three, Jared would tease him until he was blue in the face. Four...well he could have come up with more excuses, but Connor put his hand in Evan's.

"Hey, we don't have to. I was just asking." Connor pressed his lips to the back of Evan's hand and he turned bright red.

"I-I, it isn't that I don't want everyone to know," Evan whispered. "I just..."

"I know, Ev, it's okay. We can wait it out and see what happens. We'll let Future Connor and Future Evan deal with that issue when they come across it." Connor winked and Evan chuckled.

"You're like the best boyfriend ever." Evan says.

Connor smiled and pulled into the parking lot. He parked in the corner behind the building farther away from the entrance. Connor came around to the passenger side and opened Evan's door.

"Thanks, Con."

In response, Connor pulled Evan into his arms and gave him a hug. Evan relaxed into his embrace and hugged back.

"It's going to suck not being able to do that in front of everyone." Connor says, pulling away. He grabbed his bag, then turned back to see Evan's eyes filling up with tears.

"Ev, what's the matter?"

"Y-you want to b-be a couple at school,"

"Well, yeah, of course I do." Connor said. "I want nothing more than to pull you into a hug, or walk hand in hand with you down the hall, proudly letting the whole school know that you're mine and no one else's." Connor pressed a soft kiss on the tip of Evan's nose.

"A-and it's m-my fault that-"

"No, Evan. It isn't your fault. It's going to take a while for us to get used to this, couple thing. I mean, we jumped so quickly from basically being enemies to being close friends for about a week, and now we're this." Connor pecked Evan's lips. "We can take some time for just us to figure us out, and then when we're ready we can let the school know."

Evan smiled up at him.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

Evan leaned in and gave Connor another kiss.

What did he do to deserve me? Probably something terrible if he's stuck with a fuck-up like me for a boyfriend...

Connor shut his stupid inner voices up and walked into school with Evan.

They separated ways in the hall as Evan headed to his locker, and Connor went to his.

When Evan put his books in his locker and started towards his class, someone fell into step beside him.

"Jared?" Why was he here? Didn't he get into a fight with Jared recently?

"Evan, first I want to apologize, but I know you don't want to hear it, so I won't." Jared said quickly when Evan opened his mouth.

He sighed.

"What do you want, Jared?"

"I wanted to warn you to be careful with Connor."

"There's nothing wrong with Connor. He's a good person."

"No, I know,"

"No you don't. He's kind, caring, and he isn't what you think." Evan said, his voice getting louder.

"Evan, shh," Jared grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side of the hall. "I didn't mean it like that. I meant you have to be careful about showing your relationship with him around here."

"Wh-what? R-relationship? I d-don't have a relationship w-with C-Connor..."

Jared rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, sure. And you should keep it that way."

"W-why? What's wrong with--"

"Evan, please. You have to trust me."

Evan pulled away from Jared.

"Trust you?" He laughed. "That's rich, coming from you."

"I...I know, Evan. And I'm sorry. But whether you believe me or can ever trust me again, or like me again, that doesn't change the fact that you've got some pretty strong enemies. And they aren't going to like that."

Evan couldn't suppress a shiver when Jared said that. He brought his hand up to his eye involuntarily and Jared nodded sadly.

"Just be careful, okay? I feel terrible, and I don't want it to happen again."

Jared looked over Evan's shoulder and stiffened.

"Gotta go. Be careful, okay?" Jared patted his shoulder and scurried down the hallway. Evan wasn't too sure what to make of Jared's second warning, so instead of paying attention in class all day, he replayed the conversation in his head, wondering what it could possibly mean.

***

At lunch, Evan sat at his usual table, pulling out a book as he waited for Connor. Connor never showed up to lunch on time, and Evan had no clue why.

When Connor walked up to the table, he smiled and sat down.

"Hi, Tree Boy."

"Wh-why are you always late?" Evan blurted out instead of replying 'hi' like he should have.

Connor blushed.

"Oh? Am I?"

Evan looked at him curiously. He's hiding something...

"Con..."

Connor looked at Evan's pleading face. He scowled. How was it possible for someone to look so adorable? It really wasn't fair. Connor didn't stand a chance against Evan's pouty lips and big, innocent blue eyes searching his face. Damn him.

"Promise not to tell, and promise not to get mad?" Connor asked.

Evan raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I tell someone and what would I get mad about?"

Connor sighed.

"I usually duck outside after English and smoke before I come here." Connor muttered.

"Connor!" Evan gasped. "You shouldn't do that! Especially during school, don't you know how bad it is for you?"

Connor reached over the table and patted Evan's head, smiling at his indignant expression. If only Evan knew the other terrible things he did.

"Oh, Ev. You're too cute for your own good, you know that?"

Evan glanced around making sure no one was in hearing distance. Maybe Jared was spouting complete rubbish, but he also could be telling the truth. It didn't hurt to be wary.

"C'mon, let's get lunch. I'm buying." Connor stood and Evan followed him up to the lunch line. The entire period, they sat and talked and laughed, completely unaware of the other boy watching and listening in to their conversations.

***

Here's the next chapter!! Hope you all like it. I don't have much going on thus week, so I'll try to post another chapter as soon as it's ready. 😁 have a great day!! (Who's excited for the Tony's tonight?!)

Also totally unrelated but if anyone ever needs to talk about anything at all, (even if you just want to talk about your day or something you thought was funny or if you're upset about something) please feel free to message me. Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone you're not close with, and it's always nice to have a friend. Please don't hesitate to contact me. I love you all ❤️

~Hamilfan123987

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

6.5K 445 32
Evan Hansen is an introverted teenager with severe social anxiety. His mother, in attempt to get Evan out of his shell and into the world, pushes him...
7.6K 343 20
Connor Murphy lives in in hell after his past life. He doesn't remember anything about it. Until he is willing to change and goes to heaven. Then he...
139K 5.8K 28
A Treebros fanfic (yay)! I'll put trigger warnings at the start of a chapter. Also, this might include swearing. When Connor Murphy stops Evan Hanse...
24K 1K 20
cross-posted on AO3!! - A group chat containing Jared Kleinman, Connor Murphy, and Evan Hansen, and the stuff that happens in between. *this story is...