quick as lightning

By Dreamsofdragons1

Piper Fray was normal, well...she didn't eat the stalk part of her broccoli but other than that she was norma... More

Sooooooooo
1. In which the twins are 18
2. Insight
3. Goodbye phone hello Heimlich
4- the goblet of huffelpuff
5. Twintuition
6. Kind of creature
7. Adjustments
8. Seeing through your eyes
9. Skin tight
10. truth time
11. Sweet tooth
12. A regular merida
13. Lions, tigers, werewolves oh my
14. Madmax
15. Lightwood's girlfriend
16. aVOIDance
17. Slapdown showup
18. Yes jace, since demons
19. Meet the parents
20. A role to play
22. Anger issues
22. A whole new world
23. Fugitive
24. Vines with attitude
25. Walk down memory lane
26. Stupid hearts
27. Once again missing
28. Teeth on lips
29. Taken
Hey peeps
Its me again
Intro to part 2
30. Return of the rebellious princess
31. Family vs. family
32. Fabulous five
33. No means no
34. Iron sisters and dates with misters
35. Hideaway
36. Lightning strikes
37. Positively glowing
38. The newfound cousin
39. Stealing pain
40. Chaos rising
41. Another broken nose
42. Pilec...oh, and those other ppl
43. Saving magnus
44. Startling news
45. Secrets and lies
46. Medical mystery
48. Piper drowning ft. Lake lynn
49. In the rain
50. Paralized
51. A cure of blood
52. Almost the end of the line
53. Dragons or demons
54. Ending
YOU GUYS
55. A brave new world
56. Cold shoulder
What a surprise

47. All but one

3.6K 86 7
By Dreamsofdragons1

After Piper braided her hair in a halo around her head stray curls fell around her face and a few stray hairs from the side of her neck. She placed a silver and black twisted crown with gold flowers starting the three tallest points in the front of her head. The black dress made her look like something from a dream in black. Her heels boosted her taller as she grinned in the mirror.

She walked confidently, the black lace dragging behind her billowing slightly as Alec's mouth dropped open even the other four men's faces showed shock.

"Damn my Parabatai is hot." Izzy gawked and Piper chuckled placing a simple silver circlet with sapphires on her head.

"Hi, I'm Piper Michealson." She greeted the tan warlock.

"I see there's no progress on the memory biscuit." He smiled shaking her hand.

Biscuit, when she was little Magnus bane had called her that. Magnus, this was Magnus, the warlock who helped raise her.

"Magnus, i remember." Piper gasped seeing more paint on the canvas that was her mind.

"What happened to Princessa? Is she okay?" The vampire asked worriedly and I turned to him.

"Tell me something about you or what we've done to trigger my memory." I motioned for him and he thought a moment.

He hissed, fangs sharp and glaring at me. "I can smell your pure angelic blood princessa, what makes you think you side with the downworld?"

The memory clicked. "Because I may be an angel but demon blood raised me, so the downworld is my souls and the angels in my heart." I recited. "Raphael, I remember you dragging my ass out of bed when I was ten and forcing me to eat when Magnus couldn't." I chuckled and he nodded.

"And I'm luke, Jocelyn and I raised you the other half of the time." He smiled. "I arrested you on your sixteenth birthday because you and Clary broke into a greenhouse to plant flowers." He chuckled.

"Tulips." I shook my head. "Two lips on tulips, Clary kissed the flowers, I remember." I grinned.

"You don't know me well, but Izzy and I were a thing. When Clary went through the portal you and Jace stayed with me and you tried to do yoga like me-"

"But I ended up making the plant spirits angry." I chuckled "I can't forget those pricked bushes." I rubbed my wrist as the memory locked in. Everything was starting to take place, except I didn't really know myself, how to 'fight', Jace Clary or as much as I wanted, Alec.

"Do you remember me?" Alec asked hopefully and I sighed shaking my head no. His face fell but I took his hand.

"But I remember the feeling, the feeling of you." I smiled softly.

"I hate to break up this moment but you should get started." Izzy whispered and I smiled, I could never forget the one I was mentally and physically linked to.

"Okay, so, where to start." I sat down along with the others at a round table.

"I would like to break down all forms of hidden info and walls between us. Full disclosure, no more secrets between us. I'd like for there to be a meeting once a week and have this board continue" Alec said, looking at each of the heads.

"However." I said and they all looked to me. "As you all know from past experiences, the clave will be hard to reason with." I chose my words carefully "so this will take time to come to full working order, but we would like to try this." I said.

"I think this is a wonderful idea." Magnus smiled and I smiled back politely.

"Hm." Raphael considered.

"Your all biased." Miliorn stared "each of you care for a shadowhunter." He looked around the table.

"He's got a point, this has been attempted before. Why should it work this time?" Luke spoke, looking from Alec to I.

"Because you didn't have me as head." Alec blatantly put it "and plus, Piper is on divine power. She will-is uniting the Downworld, and when she comes to full power you will see up close what a Michealson looks like."

The men thought for a moment, Piper was glad she was here. Not only because she needed to make leader decision for her people but also because of not it would be all male. Nothing against the men of the room, however, you need diversity to make a wholesome decision.

"And can the board decide on valentines execution?" Luke asked and Alec frowned.

"We can't just jump into big decisions." Alec sighed.

"How can we get on board win this if the murder of our kind is walking right under our feet." Luke spoke angerly and Piper frowned, she knew that Jace accidentally activated the sword and valentine used it to kill many downworlders.

"You know as well as I that we all want him dead, trust me, but we can't start with this." Alec glanced at Piper.

"Luke, please try and be diplomatic about this." Magnus spoke and Luke looked towards the warlock.

"Diplomacy gets us nowhere." He said and Piper purses her lips.

"We all have our own vendetta for wanting valentine dead, not just the wolves, especially Magnus and I." I motioned and eyes turned to us.

"From whaat I understand my whole family is dead from a greater demon sent by valentine." I sighed, and Alec nodded telling me it was true "then my second mother..."

"Full transparency?" Magnus looked to Alec who nodded. With a sigh, Magnus continued "before we sent azazel back to hell, he switched my mind into valentines body and vice versa." My jaw grit, I had a feeling what cane after this was bad.

"So valentine was walking around freely wearing your face." Raphael rehashed.

"Yes, but not for long."

"I need to talk to my pack." Luke left, taking out his phone and I sighed, looking to Alec.

"I guess we're taking a short recess." Alec muttered and everyone left stood as I saw Alec's worry through his stoic face.

"Hey, it's going to work." I smiled trying to re assure him.

"I'm not worried." He lies and I gave him a look. "Okay maybe a little."

"From knowing you for all day and that memory in the training room I can tell your a good guy Alec." I placed my hand on his neck and he flinched.

"Don't." He moved my arm away "you don't remember me, you don't even realize what your doing." He looked away and my eyes narrowed.

"Your right, I'm not your Piper, but I'm the only one you've got." I put my hands on my hips. "So you can stop moping because if we're going to get this to work you need to work with me Alexander." He didn't look at me, just walked away leaving me standing in the center of a room by myself.

When the table was once again full I noticed an empty chair. "Luke still isn't here." I sighed and a man came and tapped Alec's shoulder.

"Wait here." Alec told me and I scowled, looking back to the table as he walked off.

"Piper, I think I may have a way to get your memories back." Magnus said and I raised my eyebrows.

"How." I inquired leaning closer.

"Do you trust us?" The seelie asked and I gave him a firm look.

"Do you?" I answered his question with a question. He chuckled.

"You were right magnus bane, she has the tongue of a seelie." He said and I sighed.

"I'm a mut." I sighed. "I came from Michealson blood, a angel feather, and lightning from the heavens." I chuckled with a grin. "A angel withThe speed and viscousness of a vampire, the magic of a warlock, temper of the wolves, and tongue of the seelie." I recited my mother's words.

"And that's how your getting back your memories, from that which you came." Magnus spoke calmly and I rolled my eyes.

"Your being secretive."

"I'm being coy." He countered and I sighed, wishing Alec hadn't left me alone with these people and no memories, wondering what he was up to. "Besides your biscuit, that's who you always will be."

Magnus had a point, I was tired of being treated like a kid by Alec. Standing up i places my hands on the table. Looking each of them in the eyes I accept every thing about myself, even the unknown.

"You will be on this cabinet or so help me you will visit hell on earth." I said, knowing each of them would listen.

"Alec, Alec listen to me now!" Piper demanded standing behind the boy who stood in the training room.

"What Piper." He flung around and I sighed.

"To get back my memories I have to access my inner self." I sighed. "I don't know how to make lightning."

His face held shock. "Well. Usually you give off sparks when your filled with any emotion, happiness, sadness, anger...passion." He sighed walking over to me and standing in front of me.

"I don't know how to make a spark." I sighed and he took my hand in his large one holding it up.

"Close your eyes." He said turning off the lights so that we were in the now dark greenhouse. Reluctantly I did, keeping my arms bent at waist length, palms up. "Tell me what you feel."

"Hungry." I answered and he chuckled.

"No, no I mean around you, tell me what you feel." He said and I sighed.

"Uh, air, the ground. Alec this isn't working." I opened my eyes and he crossed his arms.

"You need to focus Piper, really breath." He said and I gave him a look before closing my eyes.

"I feel the air." I started feeling the warmth around me.

"What about it."

"It's..." suddenly it was like my senses kicked into overdrive. "Warm, I can feel the humidity on the leaves of the plants. And I can feel the ground."

"What about the ground?" He whispered and I breathed calmly.

"It's cold, yet embracing." I felt his hands at my elbows. His touch was light yet sent tingles down my spine.

"And what about this?" He asked, slowly running his hands towards my wrists. "What do you feel?"

"Nervousness, I can feel the warmth of your skin." I muttered and as his hands touched the back of mine I felt a small jolt of energy. A spark. It was intoxicating, I wanted the energy to consume me.

I felt the air around me charge lightly and felt tingles over my hands. As I peered open my hands I felt tiny strings of electricity dancing across my palms, Alec looked down at me, dark curls Amess on his head. There was a small orb and I placed my hands on it. It glowed, still sparking after my hands drew away.

Alec's hands were on my arms and I moved my hands to his chest. He placed one hand on my jaw tilting my face to his. I could feel his warm breath on my chilled skin as I closed my eyes. I wanted him to kiss me.

"I'm sorry, I can't." He said drawing away from me.  quick as a ghost he was gone as I opened my eyes to a empty, dark greenhouse.

I blinked back tears, walking silently down to my room and running into Izzy who looked in a similar state as me.

"Guys are stupid." I sniffed, pulling the crown from my head as she nodded.

"They don't understand." She agreed, as we crawled into my bed.

Not even a minute late Clary appeared in the doorway, since I had gotten almost all of my memories back I remembered her, growing up with her.

"I've had the worst day." She said in tears as Izzy and I parted the covers for her to join us in our moment of weakness.

"Stupid male species." Izzy said as we all pulled the blankets over our heads.

Alec

The natural order of the morning woke Alec up. out reaching his hand sideways he reached to drag Piper out of bed with him. His hand felt empty bed, two days, how could two days feel like a life time without her? Getting up he got ready, the events of last night flashing through his head.

"And you just ran out on her?" Izzy scolded him. "Alec you hurt her."

"But Izzy she's not really Piper." Alec reasoned.

Izzy twacked the back of his head hard enough to give him a mild headache. "You idiot." She glared. "It's the same Piper, she just doesn't remember everything. I can feel her, she knows the feeling of you, just not the solid memories." She glared.

"How could I kiss her if she doesn't love me like I love her?" I asked, two voices were heard walking in our direction.

"Johnathan Christopher Herondale!" Piper voice scolded. "You can't just kiss Clary like that and then bombard her with your love. You have to stay out of her and Simon, let things work out."

"Yeah and your doing so great yourself." He fired back. "Clueless." A pauses was heard only for a second "im sorry! I'm sorry! Ow! Sorry! Jesus Piper." Jace's voice carries over as the two appeared.

"This is déjà vu." Izzy muttered beside Alex's side. "See, you have nothing to worry about, I swear it's more like their Parabatai then Piper and I." Izzy chuckled.

"Or they're meant to be because of that betrothal." Alec grumbled in a tense manner.

"Get over yourself." She rolled her eyes. Piper and Jace stood around the small table with the siblings looking expectantly at Alec.

"Good morning, Alec." Pipers eyes met his briefly before looking down.

"Good morning. How is your coco?" He asked awkwardly looking at her coffee cup.

"I'm, it's ah-Good." She nodded, not making eye contact.

"I could cut the sexual tension in her with a knife." Izzy chuckled and Alec shot her a glare. Although He didn't deny it.

"We are arranging a transport for valentine, I explained to the clave how it would help mend the cabinet. Izzy you will lead the mission, Jace you will assist."

"We need to remove his circle rune, the new wards in idris won't let him pass." Izzy speedily answered. "Jace?"

"Thought you'd never ask." He smirked yet the red head was upset.

"What? Hey, I want to be apart of this." Piper frowned, placing her hands on the table. "He killed my family and myadoptive mother."

"Precisely why you can be a part of this mission. Your too close to this." Alec answered and her mouth dropped, shaking her head in anger.

"That's not fair, Jace is close to this also." Piper motioned. "I want in."

"Fine, you want to help, go with Izzy." He motioned. "Help her if she needs it."

"Excuse me? I'm not a lap dog. I'm not a kid either, I'm one of your best fighters so let me do my job." Piper sparked slightly and Alec noticed.

"No, and that's final. As head of this institute I say so." He crossed his arms.

"And as princess of the nephilim I say yes." Piper countered and Alec shook his head.

"If I see you step near that portal I will have you removed." He sighed and Piper spun angerly and stormed off, Izzy behind her giving Alec a glare.

Piper was seething as she finally found her way to Clary's room. If she couldn't fix her problems she would fix some else's. Opening the door she spotted the blonde sitting on her bed lost in thought.

"Clary? Is it alright if I come in?" Piper asked, however she was already walking across the room. "So, have you spoken to Simon?"

"No not yet. But I don't know how to fix this Piper." She shook her head and I rubbed her back.

"Talk, put everything out on the table, do a lot of listening." I shrugged and she shook her head.

"I miss Mom, she would know exactly what to do." Clary rubbed her temples.

"Speaking from one who never really knew her real mother, take my advice." Clary looked at her, listening. "Learn from what you got. Speak from the past and live in the moment."

"I think I understand." Clary nodded standing up. "Thanks."

"No problem." Piper wat he's the blonde leave and she sighed. Never had she ever wanted anything more than a pair of arms holding her and telling her that she was going to be okay, even if nothing seemed the matter.

Ever since she woke up in the hospital with healing ribs and a recently healed spine she could only have nightmares of her forgotten memories. If possible, the white spots in her memory scared her more than the idea of valentine below her feet.

Piper ran her hands through her hair, she wanted a nap. Heading through the institute she spotted a blonde boy talking to the lightwoods and another girl. As she joined the group her eyes watched over the blondes face. Something made her blood run cold, this man made her want to scream in absolute terror.

"Piper, glad to see you back on your feet again." He smiled to her and she felt her hands shaking, looking to Izzy. "Heard your memory is spotty?"

"Y-Yeah." I nodded, nodding my shaking hands behind my back. Piper could tell she looked scared as the boy walked off. Placing the backs of her hands on her face she tried to regain her breath.

"Piper." Alec looked over her. "Are you okay? Your shaking." Alec watched her terror smooth down.

"Uh, Yeah, Yeah I'm Fine." Piper lied, something about that man ignited her blood and made her skin prickle. "Who was that?"

"Sebastian." Izzy shook her head "and you were so afraid of him. That was, awful, I tasted bitterness even. Piper you were so afraid I could feel it."

"I don't know what came over me." Piper said. "But I need to take a walk, Izzy, I'm fine, go do your job I'll be back for the transfer." I said practically bolting for the double door and into the sunlight with relief.

Piper started walking, trusting her feet to take her where she needed to go. She removed her jacket so that only a long sleeve shirt and jeans adjourned her skin. Panting she continued to run, passing people. When she arrived on the doorstep Magnus she was a sweaty, panting mess as the door opened.

"Biscuit, you look like you've run a marathon." He waved his hands held and a towel appeared in my hand.

I wiped my face and turned to him, pulling my red hair up messily into a ponytail at the top of my head. Sebastian, the name repeated in my mind. His figure scared me, seeing him terrified me. However I couldn't remember him, he had done something that I didn't like or that was bad.

"Magnus, is there a way I can figure out who took my memories?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 12.8K 32
Echo Fairchild, older sister to Clary Fray, knows about the Shadow World. The day that Clary turns 18, is a day that she would never forget. Secrets...
282K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
5.1K 169 9
Elijah Fray is Clary Frays older brother while Clary was nerdy, artistic, and overly dramatic 18 year old art major. Her older brother was a sarcasti...
26.5K 717 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...