Just dance with me

Por -love-is-complicated

When Amelia Smith and the rest of her sea cadet unit spend six weeks at a royal navy base; things don't quite... Más

Just dance with me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 10

19 2 0
Por -love-is-complicated

Chapter 10

We made our way to the mess deck to go and get dinner- chicken again.

“This is definitely a reason I don’t like it here” Amelia said as she sat down.

“What?” Sarah asked as she sat opposite.

“Having chicken for lunch and dinner every day!” She laughed and Sarah nodded as they both tucked in.

“Attention Cadets, 10 minutes and I want everyone fell into squad outside to march to the hall for our special entertainment for tonight- if you are performing tomorrow, you will be excused for rehearsal and will go back to your mess to meet your mentors!” Sub lieutenant Palmer announced and there were mumblings of: ‘Aye Ma’am’ around the room as everyone began to devour their food as fast as humanly possible.

“Is that the best idea if you guys are going to be dancing in a moment?” Rhys and Jamie walked past having finished their food already as they’d gotten seated first; Sarah shrugged as Amelia studiously ignored them, continuing to scoff the food in front of her.

“Leading Cadet Smith?” She heard a voice yell over the noise, everyone turned to look at her as she quickly swallowed her mouthful and looked up to the source of the voice.

“Aye Chief” She said as he moved towards where they sat, Jamie took her empty tray as she stood up to go to speak to their chief officer.

“Could I speak to you outside, please?” She asked as she got close to him, she nodded quietly, as she followed her out of the busy mess deck to a little further a long from where the others stood, beginning to fall into a squad.

“I understand that you’ve had some big news and that you are probably a bit confused about it, so I want you to know that you can come and speak to me any time you need.” She nodded awkwardly as she stood in front of her. “Also, they were wondering if you would maybe go and talk to them later, after the evening’s entertainment, someone will come and get you from your dress rehearsal tonight” She nodded awkwardly again.

“Thanks Chief” She said as she glanced over to her squad as they began to fall in, Sarah had taken her place of leading them.

“That’s fine, you go and rehearse; I’m looking forward to seeing you and young Williams doing us proud tomorrow!” She said tapping her on the shoulder as she nodded slightly before walking over to her squad, Sarah falling in, leaving her to lead.

“What was that about?” She asked from beside her as they marched back to the accommodation block, Amelia shrugged a silent message to Sarah not to ask.

“Right, girly’s and guys we will be heading to the sports complex now!” Ola cheered as there was a group sigh, everyone following her as she lead the way; everyone seemed to be completely shattered after being on the water in the heat all day.

“Squad, Halt” Yelling the order the squad, Amelia sighed, left turning on the spot to face them. “Squad, into line, right turn!” She yelled again as everyone turned to face her, and the chief who moved to her side.

“Stand them at ease please, Leading cadet.” She nodded.

“Aye Chief” She said, left turning to face her squad. “Squad, Stand at ease” She said as everyone in the squad seemed to move as one. “Stand easy” She said after a few moments.

“Right, well, since tomorrow is your first performance for our guests, we will be having a dress rehearsal tonight, so you can iron out all the creases in your routine and ensure your outfits fit!” There were a few mumbles throughout the squad, in truth, all anyone wanted to do was sleep. “You may dismiss your squad now, Leading Cadet” Chief sighed at the lack of enthusiasm.

“Aye Chief” Turning back to her squad she sighed. “Squad attention! Squad dismissed!” Everyone turned left and dismissed from squad before following Ola inside to a large hall.

“Right, girls your dresses are on the left of the room; boys yours are on the right!” Reluctantly moving to the left hand side of the room, Amelia and Sarah glanced warily at the dress, Amelia knew hers couldn’t be that bad as it wouldn’t suit the song otherwise- but it was already awkward with Jamie and if she was wearing a tight, revealing dress, it could only make things worse.

Both girls took the bags off of their hangers and walked towards the changing rooms.

****

Mouth gaping as he saw her coming into the hall, Sarah at her side; he felt an elbow dig deeply into his ribs.

“Close your mouth, you’ll catch flies.” Hearing Rhys voice in his ear, he looked over to see he hadn’t yet taken his eyes off Sarah- in truth she didn’t look half bad, not half as good as Amelia though. She wore a short, rather tight cream dress with a flowy skirt; she was an angel, floating across the room with Sarah at her side. Looking across the room, he saw Connor had also spotted her and staring lustfully at her, much to Katie’s disgust, Tia scoffed next to me.

“Shut up” Jamie sighed as he walked over to where the two girls pulled on the heels that they had been given. Placing his hand on the small of her back as she slipped her heel into the shoe, she jumped slightly, spinning as she straightened up, to face him. She was slightly taller than before, still minute in comparison to him, however. “You look beautiful” She blushed deeply before smiling at him.

“Thanks, I don’t though, I look like a child…” He rolled her eyes, she never could accept a compliment. He noticed her staring at him and suddenly felt self-conscious, he was wearing a thin, opaque, black shirt tucked into a pair of slightly flared loose trousers that reminded him of those he wore for their 1’s. “You look… Um… Good” She said, her blush increasing as she realised he’d noticed her staring, he smiled, his eyes rolling again.

“Thanks” It was his turn to blush as she smiled shyly, uncomfortable with the situation.

“Right kiddos, everyone gather over here, you’ll perform in alphabetical order of girls names, so: Amelia and Jamie, Katie and Connor, Sarah and Rhys, then last but not least, Tia and Liam.” Amelia sighed, hating the fact that her name began with an A.

As the music began to play through the speakers dotted around the room, Amelia smiled as she looked over at Jamie who walked towards her; a complete look of concentration on his face until he looked into her eyes. Their performance was over before they knew it and everyone stood, amazed at their skill; there were only two lifts but they were perfectly carried out and incredibly difficult.

A while after they had performed in front of everyone and had split up into separate rooms to practice, they heard a clapping behind where they’d finished. Jamie jumped, unsuspecting of the fact that someone was watching and lost his grip of Amelia as he lifted her above his head, catching her at the last minute to bring her into his chest, bridal style.

“Thanks” She said, catching her breath as he placed her on the floor.

“Sorry, we didn’t mean to scare you.” Jamie’s mouth dropped as he saw who was standing in the doorway, Amelia smiled shyly.

“It’s fine, can I help you, your highnesses?” She asked politely as she smoothed down the dress she wore.

“Yes, sweetie, we were wondering if we could talk to you” Jamie sent her a concerned look and she sent him a reassuring one back.

“I’ll go and watch Sarah and Rhys” He said before bowing slightly to the royal couple before walking awkwardly from the room.

“You can call us mom and dad, if you like” Amelia shook her head. “Kate and William?” The duchess suggested.

“Okay, Kate. What did you want to talk about?” She asked, trying not to sound rude as she took a seat on one of the chairs lining the practise room.

“Well, we were wondering, since you’re old enough to make your own decision and tradition dictates that you begin your royal responsibilities when you turn 16; which is only a couple of weeks away. Would you like to announce yourself or the royal palace?” She asked as if it were completely normal.

“Well, if I’m honest, I didn’t really think any of this would implicate my life- I mean, you gave me away, surely George is going to do the stuff.” She said as Kate frowned.

“You’re a princess, darling. Do you not want to be royal?” She seemed genuinely confused as Amelia frowned. “I’ll take that look as the fact that you would like the royal palace to make the announcement.” Amelia nodded slightly, it was the only thing she could do.

“If you don’t mind, I need to get back to rehearsal” She said quietly as she moved to stand up.

“You don’t look as if you need to, the two of you looked perfect” William said as she looked over to him.

“Is he your boyfriend?” She shook her head. “Why not?” Kate pried.

“We’re friends” She said simply before walking out of the room, she was too confused to decipher the thoughts buzzing through her mind there were just too many.

****

Jamie sat watching Sarah and Rhys, his mind buzzing- he hadn’t told either about what had just happened- or who Amelia was currently with.

Where he sat, he could see the door; Amelia walked aimlessly  past, her head clearly away in her thoughts. Quietly, he stood up from his seat and moved to follow her; he left unnoticed by Sarah and Rhys who were too lost in their dance to notice.

“Amelia?” He spoke softly as he caught up with her; she stopped on the spot and spun on her heel to face him- she looked completely lost, an empty shell of herself.

“Jamie” She sighed, he could swear she spoke his name almost lustfully, but ignored his ridiculous thoughts. Without warning, she wrapped her arms around his chest, he couldn’t believe how small and confused his best friend looked; she was like a child.

Again, I found myself crying in front of Jamie, She hated it; it made her look weak and girly, something she’d always tried to avoid. Yet she cared less now, she needed his comfort, his warmth, his friendship- though she wanted something more.

“What’s happened?” He asked, she felt his fists clench behind her back.

“I have no idea who I am” Was the only response she could form, he moved his hands to her shoulders and held her at arm’s length so he could see her beautiful eyes, now stained with tears.

“You are Amelia Smith, the most beautiful, kind, strong, caring, intelligent, talented, stunning girl anyone could wish to have as their best friend. You are the most lovely, kind hearted girl I could wish to know, and whoever made you cry is about to have a fist rammed down there throat” She smiled slightly, tears still streaming down her face as she looked at the floor. “Please don’t cry” He said, his hand moving to cup her cheek, wiping away her tears with his large thumbs, he watched her look up at him; he’d meant what he’d said: she really was the most beautiful girl he’d ever met- even with a face red and blotchy from crying.

Without realising what was going on, they found themselves both leaning in to share the most magical kiss either of them had ever experience. Amelia felt as though she were in some corny book as she felt sparks fly; Goosebumps flaring up all over her skin.

“I thought you said he wasn’t your boyfriend” Quickly pulling away from the embrace, Amelia looked over at the royal couple who she had recently found to be her parents, and walked quickly out of the room.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

391K 7.1K 81
Amelia Saunders married Prince George of Wales in 2010, in a lavish ceremony in London, after being in a relationship with the heir to the heir since...
770 41 39
A young girl lives in the forest all alone. No family, no friends and worst of all no memories. She just woke up one day lying on the forest floor. ...
1.6K 95 24
Kill the Prince. Save the kingdom. It was all so simple...until it wasn't. This is what young Amelia came to realize as the fate of the whole kingdom...
89 6 32
• completed • If you notice any errors then please let me know When a war begins in her kingdom, Elia's whole world changes and everything she knows...