Weasley Family Fallout

By WeasleyObsession

The war is won, Fred is dead, Percy has failed to come back, all the other kids have temporarily moved back h... More

Chapter 1: The Fight
Chapter 2: Sinking In
Chapter 3: A Helping Hand
Chapter 4: Telling Charlie
Chapter 5: Punches Are Thrown
Chapter 6: The Prodigal Son
Chapter 7: Getting Better?
Chapter 8: The Lost Child
Chapter 9: Hello, Old Friend
Chapter 10: Family Dinner
Chapter 11: Misunderstanding
Chapter 12: Seperation
Chapter 13: Taking Responsibility
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Percy's Confrontation
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: The Grand Re-Opening
Chapter 19: A Proposal and A Proposition
Chapter 20: New Rules
Chapter 21: The Engagement Party
Chapter 22: A Drunken Mistake
Chapter 23: Bill's Rant
Chapter 24: Conner's Warning
Chapter 25: Sacrifice
Chapter 26: Promotion
Chapter 27: Forgiveness
Chapter 28: Fraternal Reunion
Chapter 29: Drowning
Chapter 30: An Eventful Wedding Day
Chapter 31: Shut Down
Chapter 32: A Dreadful Monday
Chapter 33: Halloween
Chapter 34: A Much-Needed Heart-to-Heart
Chapter 35: Cursed
Chapter 36: Easing In
Chapter 37: Together Again
Chapter 38: A Christmas Surprise
Chapter 39: Uncertain Outcomes - Part 1
Chapter 40: Uncertain Outcomes: Part 2
Chapter 41: Uncertain Outcomes: Part 3
Chapter 42: It Started Out As A Good Day
Chapter 43: Squibs, Snakes, and Slips
Chapter 44: Pushback
Chapter 45: Disturbing News
Chapter 46: Midnight Meeting

Chapter 16: Giving Up

119 4 0
By WeasleyObsession

Ginny ducked into a side street of Hogsmeade when she saw the trademark Weasley-red hair. Knowing it wouldn't take long for the inhabitants of the Burrow to notice she was missing, she had been on high alert the moment she left. In the past couple hours, she had searched Diagon Alley and the Ministry of Magic, successfully evading every red head and raven-haired boy she saw. The youngest Weasley understood the seriousness of what had happened between her parents, and while she didn't want to cause any more trouble, she had to get away from the Burrow and her idiotic brothers.

Having run into a dead end everywhere else, Ginny entered the Hog's Head. She had come here last due to the unfriendly atmosphere and unsavory clientele; however, this was the place she should have begun with, seeing as her quarry was at the opposite end of the bar.

"Dad!" Ginny called as she made her way through the somewhat crowded pub.

Arthur took a calming breath as he heard his daughter's voice, then downed the rest of his drink. Perhaps it was his imagination. No one he knew, other than Hagrid, would be anywhere near this place. That theory was quickly proven wrong as Ginny came to sit on a stool next to him.

"Ginny, what are you doing here?" Arthur asked in an even tone.

"I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Why?" This time a hint of harshness accompanied the question.

"I know the whole story now, and I don't want anything to do with Mum," Ginny explained.

Arthur ran a hand through his hair, exasperated. "Please tell me you're not alone."

"Technically, I'm not. I'm with you now."

"For Merlin's sake, Ginny! You can't go roaming around by yourself with dark wizards still loose. At least you told someone where you were going, right?"

"No," Ginny answered apprehensively.

At that, Arthur stood, laid some coins on the counter, and grabbed Ginny.

"Where are we going?" Ginny exclaimed.

"I'm taking you home," he answered before calling out their destination into the green flames, not giving his daughter a chance to protest.

As soon as the two stepped out of the fireplace at the Burrow, Ginny began arguing and Arthur bellowed, "Molly!"

Having seen the hands move on the Weasley family clock and having heard the fireplace roar to life, it only took Molly a second before she came rushing into the kitchen.

"Oh, Ginny, thank goodness you're alright," the Weasley matriarch fussed over her daughter, ignoring her husband.

"Molly, why was our daughter wandering around by herself in the middle of the night?" Arthur was livid.

"I was not wandering about," Ginny mumbled.

This time ignoring her daughter, Molly stood at full height and replied, "The kids had a row, and she slipped out while I was dealing with the boys."

"Ginny, go to your room. Your mother and I need to talk," Arthur ordered.

"No," Ginny countered. "I may be with you on this, but I still don't trust you around her, especially since I found you in a pub."

"Ginny, go to your room," Molly commanded.

Reluctantly, Ginny stalked off.

Wanting to make sure her daughter was out of earshot before continuing, Molly decided to let the others know Ginny was home. "Send your patronus to Bill, Percy, George, and Harry. I'll get the rest," Molly told her husband.

Arthur went to pull his wand out, but hesitated. "No, you sent them out, you get them back."

"They're your kids just as much as mine."

"Yes, but I don't see why we both have to send a patronus," Arthur replied defensively.

"Fine. Just stand there and don't help me," Molly clipped.

Once Molly had sent her patronus to the search party, their conversation was continued.

"So you completely forgot about our daughter?" Arthur accused. "Sounds familiar, doesn't it?"

The last statement stung, but Molly schooled her features and ignored her husband's low blow. "It was chaotic. Afterwards, we discovered she was gone and I sent the boys to look for her."

"Perhaps it would be better if Ginny came to stay with me then, since you obviously can't control all the kids on your own."

"Not as long as you keep acting like this. Besides, you're staying with Percy, I hear."

"I wouldn't have to if you hadn't kicked me out."

"You had the option to stay here, but you turned it down."

"Because I didn't want to put anyone out!"

Losing his temper, Arthur created a new hole in the wall. This didn't faze Molly. She was used to it by now. She shouldn't have to be, but she was.

After a few deep breaths, Arthur started again. "You've caused all this. You initiated this separation."

"You didn't give me much choice," was Molly's rebuttal.

"I think Charlie made the choice, not you!"

"Charlie helped me realize how badly you were treating me. It was my decision. And I thought I made myself clear that I don't want you anywhere near Ginny."

The boys along with Fleur and Hermione came in from the back door just then, but their appearance didn't disrupt Molly and Arthur's argument.

"She came looking for me!" Arthur shouted.

"Why would she do that?" Molly questioned.

"Why would she run away from home?" Arthur shot back.

"I told you," Ginny screamed from the doorway to the sitting room. "I don't want to stay here! I want to live with you! I'm on your side!"

"This family is not splitting apart because of me!" Arthur hollered.

"It's a bit late for that," Bill mumbled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Arthur turned to his eldest son.

"Everyone has already taken sides," George replied.

"No one is taking sides!" Arthur bellowed. "If you take sides, you'll just make this a bigger mess than it is!"

"We wouldn't be in this mess in the first place if you hadn't become a selfish drunk!" Ron backfired.

Before her father could make a rebuttal, Ginny interrupted, "Either way, I'm leaving. Harry and I can find a place to live. Right, Harry?" She looked at her boyfriend expectantly. This caught Harry off guard, and he really didn't want to go against Mr. or Mrs. Weasley. Lucky for him, both of Ginny's parents answered simultaneously, "You are staying here until you are seventeen!"

"Well, I'm moving back into my flat tomorrow. Could she –" George offered before he was cut off.

"No!" Molly and Arthur both interrupted.

After a second thought, Molly turned to George again, a bit hurt this time. "Wait. You're moving out? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just decided a few hours ago..."

"I bet it's because of what Charlie said earlier," Percy commented,

"I had every right! It's what I believe, and I think it's wrong for you all to support him after what he did!" Charlie defended himself. Chaos broke out as this restarted the argument from earlier that night.

"Everyone shut up!" Ginny yelled. When she gained the attention of the room, Ginny continued. "You two," she spoke to Ron and Charlie, "need to stop being complete dicks." Next she turned to her mother. "You...need to be more patient and open-minded, and actually listen to what your husband has to say." Lastly, Ginny faced her father. "And you...you need to stop being an arse and talk to her so she can help.

"We've all been in a bloody war. We've all seen and done things in the past few years that no one should have to. No one should expect everyone to be the same, alright? We all lost a member of this family - We've all experienced similar things. No one can change the past, so we have to accept it and move on."

Everyone stared at the youngest Weasley. It was no surprise Ginny could be a spitfire at times. She shared her mother's and Charlie's temper after all, but the way she stood up to her parent's in that moment was shocking.

Recovering, Charlie said, "I'm not going back on what I said unless he changes." The rest of the siblings murmured their agreement.

Calmer now, Arthur said, "I'm done. I don't care anymore. If you all want to take sides – If you want to lose more brothers and sisters, go ahead. It doesn't matter to me." He got in Molly's face, pointed at Ginny, and added, "And from now on, keep a closer eye on your daughter," before storming out.

A/N: Sorry chapter 16 was a bit late. I had final exams and such (I made all A's btw! Haven't done that since middle school). I'm really bad about jumping ahead and working on later parts of the story also. I finished this last night and could have posted it but I was unsure if I was going to have the next part in this chapter or the next.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I love getting feedback from everyone, and I'm glad y'all are taking sides and have mixed feelings about this. If you want to see anything in particular, let me know and I'll see if I can work it out in the story.

Chapter 17 will be up soon, seeing as it is about halfway written. It will start off with Percy and Arthur (uh-oh).

Please keep reading and reviewing! See y'all in a few days or a week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2.7K 64
**Updates once or twice a week ** "Decree 29 is herby granted by the Ministry...allowing severe punishment to be given to students at Hogwarts who se...
944K 19.4K 124
"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existence. I don't really see the point now you...
1.4K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...
233 16 7
He promised her they'll back together after the war when breaking up with her amidst the war - She held onto that hope Unfortunately, he lost his tw...