Recipe for Romance: A Bucky B...

By SummerLove2627

Ingredients: 1 sad super soldier, 1 girl called Sadie Mae, 2 dreams of love, 1 job offer from Tony Stark, 2 t... More

Author's Note
1: Sir, Yes, Sir
2: Stark Tower
3: Pretty Young Thing
4: First Impressions
5: Chef Barnes?
6: Good Intentions
7. Come Home
8: Ho Ho Ho
9: Secret Santa
10: Popping the Question
11: On the Count of Three...
12: Netflix and Not-So-Chill
13: Hello, Handsome
14: Jealous? No Way.
15: S.O.S.
16: My Angel
17: Everything Has Changed
18: Missed You
20: Broken Promises
21: Red Velvet, Red Chalk
22: Too Long
22: I love you.
23: Not Fair
24: The Invitation
25: Danger in the Dark
26: The Call
27: Don't Stop
28: Home Sweet Home
29: The Bakeshop
30: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
31. Here Comes the Bride

19: Girls' Night Out

865 23 9
By SummerLove2627

"This is a very weird feeling."

Bucky only laughs at my statement. He goes about making breakfast like he does it all the time, when in fact, I'm the one always doing it. But today is my day off according to Tony Stark so I've decided to not cook at all. Nothing—nada—zip cooking from me today. Pietro tried begging me for some brownies, but I told him to ask again tomorrow. He was rather put out by my response, but I'm sure I'll be getting a text at midnight asking for those brownies again.

"Uh, what do you think you're doing?" Bucky grunts at me. My eyes widen as I realize I've just picked up a stirring spoon. He comes up behind me and playfully smacks the back of my hand. "Get out of the kitchen. Sit over there and look pretty—that's all you've got to do."

"That doesn't sound too hard."

"It shouldn't be for you, gorgeous."

I smile cheekily in response. That's when he plants a kiss to my lips and makes me giggle.

"Oh gross you two—get a room!"

I roll my eyes at the addition of Sam's voice. I knew we should've picked one of our apartments to meet in for breakfast instead of the Common.

I plop down onto one of the barstool seats. Sam comes to sit beside me. "What are we eating this morning?"

"Nothing for you, jackass," is Bucky's reply.

"Seriously? You get yourself a girl and I become what? Chopped liver?"

"You weren't anything to begin with," Bucky retorts.

"Oh be nice, Bucky," I decide to play along. I pretend to soothingly pat Wilson on the shoulder. "You know poor ole Sammy here doesn't have any friends."

Bucky's laughter almost drowns out Sam's voice. "Oh now there's two of you? Y'all tag teaming me now? I call foul play on that shit."

Nat's voice joins the mix. She saunters into the room. "Foul play or foreplay?"

"You nasty, Romanoff," Sam scoffs.

The red haired woman only shrugs in response. She comes to take the seat on my other side—caging me between two superheroes.

"No work today, Sadie?"

"Nope. Not even the restaurant." I pick up my cup of coffee and sip.

"Good." Nat smirks. "Because we're going out."

"Out?" I mimic like a parakeet. I glance behind me at Bucky, almost as if to see if he's aware of something I'm not. He only shrugs his bare shoulders and flips another flapjack. "Umm, where are we going, Nat?"

"Don't know yet. But I'm taking you and Wanda out for drinks," she says. "We're the only girls in this damn place and we need a break if you ask me."

"Hey—we're not that bad to live with," Sam argues.

"Maybe not all of us, but you certainly are."

"Oh shut your trap, Barnes."

Nat ignores the men and smirks at me instead. "What do you say, Schatz? You in?"

Nights out on the town aren't really my thing. But I agree nonetheless because Nat seems so excited and I can't very well be known as the cat-lady wannabe who stays home to watch Netflix and drink Chardonnay every Friday night. So I let the assassin dress me up and drag me out of the house just prior to ten PM. My body is fitted in tight black jeans and a precariously sheer grey shirt on top. Wanda joins us downstairs in the lobby. She's wearing a cute red skirt and black sweater to match the thigh high boots.

"You look good, girly!"

She grins. "Thanks, Sadie. And thanks for letting me borrow your sweater."

"Anytime, kid."

"Are you two ready? The cab is waiting out front." Nat's impatient to get out of the tower. I don't really blame her. She doesn't get out much these days, it seems. She hasn't even been on a mission all month.

"Don't get your leather knickers in a twist. We're right behind ya."

"Don't sass me, Cupcake." She playfully glares at me while we step outside into the brisk New York evening air.

"Cupcake? That's a new one. I like it," Wanda laughs.

It turns out Wanda also likes vodka shots. I have to physically restrain her from taking more than three at our first bar of the night. Us three ladies dance, drink, and laugh for almost two hours at that spot before Nat suggests we go to the next. The second place is much jazzier and uppity than the first sports bar. I get myself a warm cup of coffee with a splash of Kahlua and Nat opts for whiskey on the rocks. Again, Wanda wants vodka. Somehow I manage to convince her to order a martini instead. Thankfully she doesn't get too much drunker by midnight.

"Do you think we should've invited Pepper? She lives at the tower too, ya know." I take another slurp of coffee and curse as I spill a bit on my lap.

Nat passes me a cloth napkin from where she's stolen it back behind the bar. "No, she's not much fun these days. Besides, she doesn't technically live at the tower."

Wanda hiccups. "She doesn't?"

"Not anymore. I think it's better for her and Stark's relationship if they live apart." Nat shrugs, but seems to know more. If she does, she never says. "Speaking of relationships," she hums and I groan aloud. "How are you and Barnes doing, Cupcake?"

"We're uh, good." I take another drink to avoid going on.

"Have you slept together yet?" Wanda jumps straight to the point.

I laugh and run a hand through my hair. "Um, actually we haven't..."

"I'm not surprised," Nat comments.

I blink—taking in the sight of her as she finishes her second drink at this bar. She sets it down on the preexisting wet ring on the countertop. "Why's that, Nat?"

"The man's got a lot of issues, which I'm sure you already know." I remain quiet so she goes on. "Honestly I'm surprised he's in a relationship so soon. He's been unfrozen for about a year now, and doing a lot better, but it's still hard to keep up those things with all of the issues that come along with the lifestyle." She traces the rim of her empty glass with a pinky finger, smirking at me sideways. "He must really be in deep for you, kid. I don't think there's another woman on this earth he'd be this way for. And trust me—I know Bucky Barnes."

I smile a bit. "Well, I think it's safe to say that the feeling is mutual if that's the case."

"Do you love him?"

"My god, Wanda! Nosey much?" I laugh.

Wanda ignores me. She's grinning ear-to-ear. "Oh you're totally in love. Don't even have to say it! I know."

"It's because you can read minds, asshole."

"I don't need to read your mind to know that you're head over heels in love with Bucky. It's very obvious." She nods and Nat chuckles to my other side. "I think everyone in the tower knows."

"You didn't deny it," Nat hums. I'm blushing when I realize she's right—I skipped right over the part of the conversation where I was supposed to tell Wanda she was wrong and that I wasn't in love. But I couldn't do that. I'm a terrible liar, remember?

"Aww sweet little Sadie..." Wanda coos and pinches my cheek. I push her off of me and we all laugh about it.

"Come on, lovebird. I'm tired of talking. We need to dance." Nat drags us away from the bar with only her words and eager stare. Wanda and I hurry to catch up with her on the dancefloor. From there we dance and laugh like idiots, Nat having the easiest fun-time I've ever seen, for another hour at least. Eventually I have to hurry off to the bathroom to pee because of all the coffee. While in the brightly lit, ceramic tiled place I decide to check my phone. I set it out on the counter next to me while I wash my hands and then fix my messy hair. I've got a few missed texts. I decide to just read through them all quickly to make sure it's nothing important.

Laurie: Girl you'll never BELIEVE WHO I JUST FOUND ON FACEBOOK!!! Remember that dumb bitch Hannah from high school?! SHE MARRIED MR. MARX! THE GODDAMN ENGLISH TEACHER!! I'M. DEAD.

Bekah: Hey sis! Call me when you can. I wanna talk and catch up XOXO

Laurie: Oh bridesmaid dress fittings are on Tuesday! Don't forget.

James: Text me if you need anything tonight. I'm going out with Steve and Sam. Have a fun time, babe.

Laurie: Why aren't you texting me back?? Are you with Bucky??? Tell me you're using a condom, at least.

Laurie: Dear god, please be using a condom.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think you're going to be able to get away with this shit? Don't think you can fucking get away with whoring yourself around without some sort of consequence. If I see one more picture of you on the news with that Nazi guy, I'm going to call my lawyers and take every goddamn thing you own and love away from you. I hope you've enjoyed your time being a lazy slut in NYC because when I'm done with you you're going to wish you decided to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge before crossing over it.

My heart's gone from light and airy to absolutely cold. The fingers around my smartphone tighten as the picture of the words on screen becomes blurred in front of my eyes.

I thought I blocked his number. I thought—I didn't think I'd ever get a text like this again...

I'm just about to break down in a panic attack when another text pops through.

UNKNOWNNUMBER: Oh, and by the way, this is your father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835 29 11
(y/n) is an Avenger and is close friends with Steve Rogers, so when Steve's long lost friend Bucky Barnes appears (y/n) helps Steve to keep Bucky saf...
327 73 27
I am new and not as good when it comes to writing. This story is about love that can shine even through the toughest and darkest of battles. Bucky Ba...
135 41 17
{COMPLETED} Rose Sinclair Barnes was formerly a teammate of Captain America under the name Sergeant Barnes. She is a super soldier and mutant who bef...
2.1K 211 8
but fate wouldn't allow it. bucky barnes x fem!oc the winter solder © quicksilvrs 2019-24