My Complicated Life! (AU Harr...

By sassygirl93

Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coo... More

My Complicated Life! (AU Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 66:
Chapter 67:
Chapter 68:
Chapter 69:
Chapter 70:
Chapter 71:
Chapter 72:
Chapter 73:
Chapter 74:
Chapter 75
Chapter 76:
Chapter 77:
Chapter 78
Chapter 79:
Epilogue:

Chapter 10:

23K 472 109
By sassygirl93

Eva's POV

The next morning the house is extremely quiet and it appears to be empty as I make my way into the kitchen. I'm shocked to find a plate with eggs and sausages with my name on it with a little note next to it. I grab the note and unfold it........

'Isaac and I had to go to work, here is some breakfast for you to heat up when you wake up.

-Emily'

"Morning." Joyce smiled. I looked up and gave her a small smile.

"Would you like me to heat that up for you?" She pointed to the plate I was awkwardly staring at.

"Oh, um sure." She smiled, grabbed the plate and walked over to the microwave and placed the plate inside.

"Did you sleep alright?" She asked. 'I slept fine after Harry made me some tea'.

"Yes." She smiled at me and look up behind me and smiled. I turned around and saw Harry as he entered the kitchen.

"Morning Harry." She greeted the still half asleep and half naked boy. He grunted in response and went over to the fridge and pulled out a medium sized glass filled with what appears to me a smoothie of sorts.

"You're mom wants you to take Eva shopping for some food she likes." Joyce told him. He snapped his head towards her and then shot a glare at me.

"Why can't she just give you a list of stuff to buy?" He snarled at her. He is so rude to her, well at least it's not just me he's rude to. I really don't need any special food I will eat whatever they already have I mean they are letting me stay here for free, so I'm not going to ask for anything special.

"I offered, but your mom wants you and Eva to get a bit more comfortable with each other, or something like that." Joyce smiled at us.

"We live together and she is in a few of my classes I think we are comfortable enough with each other." He raised his eyebrows.

"You know how your mother is Harry. Just do what she asked, so we don't all get in trouble for not listening to her." Joyce smiled causing Harry to sigh and give in.

"Be ready at eleven." Harry said grabbing his smoothie and walking out of the kitchen.

"He will warm up to you dear. He is just a bit guarded when it comes to his family. He is the only child, so he isn't used to sharing his parent's or living space." She reassured me while putting my breakfast in front of me. I nodded my head and thanked her before I began to eat.

I got myself showered and dressed in record time and I'm now sitting on the stairs waiting for Harry to come downstairs so we can go food shopping. It's only day two here at the Style's house and they are already treating me one hundred percent better than my foster family EVER did. I mean Emily left money and instructions for Harry to take me to get food I like that they might not have.

"Let's go I have other things to do today other then take you food shopping." Harry said pushing me aside with his surprisingly strong legs- they just seem so skinny and weak in his skinny jeans. I sighed and stood up and followed him out of the house and over to his car that was parked in front of the garage. We arrived at the local Costco in about ten minutes. Harry got out of his car slamming his door before storming into the story. Once I caught up with him we began walking around the store, with Harry pushing the cart.

"Are you going to get any food or just walk around wasting my time?" He snapped at me. I shrugged my shoulders and walked a bit ahead of him. I heard him sigh before he caught up to me.

"Look just pick out what you like and I will get some things as well." He groaned. I watched as he grabbed some sugar cookie dough and threw it in the cart. I walked a bit ahead and grabbed some lactose free milk and placed it in the cart.

"Your lactose intolerant?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. I was about to give a smart ass response, but my best friend walked up to us.

"Eva and Harry?"

"Why are you food shopping together?" Ellie asked us confused. I panicked and looked over to Harry with wide eyes begging him not to tell her the truth, but to help come up with a lie.

"Our parents are friends and asked us to get a few things for a dinner thing tonight." Harry lied with ease. He really is a good liar and I would be lying if I said that didn't bother me a little. What if I do something to get on his bad side (more than I already am) and he goes around spreading lies about me?

"Oh that sounds like fun, but Eva you hate him so I don't understand why you agreed to go with him?" Ellie blurted before she covered her mouth with her hand clearly not meaning to say that. Crap sometime I really wish she wouldn't say things out loud, and just keep her thoughts to herself.. Harry looked over at me with raised eyebrows and that stupid smirk on his face.

"Hate, is a... ummm....... a strong word." I said while not looking at Harry.

"Well I'm glad you two are getting along. We can all hang out now." Ellie smiled. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head even though I didn't agree with her.

"Well we need to continue our shopping, because we are on a time limit. Catch ya later Ellie." Harry said politely. Ellie nodded and walked back over to her mom who was at the deli counter. Harry placed his hand on my lower back and pushed me along.

"What if she tells people? Oh my god she is going to tell Em and Kayley..." I rambled.

"Eva shut up." Harry said placing his hand over my mouth.

"Who cares, we lied and she bought it so just forget it." He is rolling his eyes at me.

"I can't have anyone find out about the real me." I whispered more to myself than to Harry.

"They won't unless you tell them." He shrugged. A flash of relief came over me at his statement, I guess I don't have to worry about him telling anyone about my situation. We continue shopping and I get a bit more comfortable putting some food I like in the cart.

"So you hate me eh?" Harry speaks.

"I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up." I mumbled.

"Yeah I wish you didn't mumble so much, but we can't all get what we want can we?" He said matter of factly. I shook my head and rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him to grab some Ritz crackers.

"You didn't answer my question." He smirked at me. I don't really know why, but I snap.

"Why wouldn't I hate you? You are always rude to me and treat me with no respect. Maybe if you weren't a dick to me all the time I wouldn't dislike you so much." I snarled at him before walking away. After a few seconds Harry comes running behind me. He grabs my wrist and spins me around.

"What?" I spat. He opened his mouth to speak but he closed it. I ripped my wrist out of his grasp and turned back around and began walking away from him.

"I need to pay for this stuff then we can leave." He called after me. I didn't respond I just found a bench and sat down. About a half hour later Harry and a cart full of food bagged are standing in front of me. I stood up and started walking out of Costco and over to where Harry parked his car. It freezing outside and I remember I left my jacket in the cart, which is near Harry so I ignore how cold I am and keep walking to his car.

"Here." Harry said placing my jacket on my shoulder. I didn't react I just grabbed my jacket and slipped it on. I don't try and help put the bags in Harry's car I just climb into the front passenger seat and stared at my fingers. 'He shouldn't have had to ask me why I don't like him. He is the one that caused me not to like him. I didn't just say one day that I wasn't going to like him. He is so freaking irritating.' I ranted in my head.

Harry gets into his car and puts the key in the ignition and begins to drive back to the house. I turn the radio up loud so it drowns out the uncomfortable silence. We arrive back at the house and I decided to help him grab some bags, since it is mostly food for me. We pass Joyce in the hallway, but we both ignore her and walk into the kitchen.

"That went well." I heard her whispered to herself. I took a deep breath and place the bag on the counter and I stare between them and the cabinets. I have no idea where to put anything.

"I'll put them away dear." Joyce smiled.

"Thanks." I said quickly before I retreated to my room. Harry has his moments of being nice to me, but they aren't often enough for me to like him, and he needs to understand that. Cause if I'm going to live here I don't need to deal with bipolar Harry. I have other things on my mind like; finding out who my birth parents are, why they gave me up, graduating high school, finding a place to live when I graduate, and many more things.

Days go by and Harry and I don't talk to each other. It's now Christmas Eve and Emily is doing my hair and make-up for the Styles annual family/friends Christmas Eve dinner. I'm not really looking forward to this party mostly because I don't know anyone and the one person I do know I'm not talking to.

"Everything okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About your birth parents?" She asked.

"Mmhmm." I lied.

"Have you found anything?" I asked her.

"I have a couple leads." She smiled. I nodded deciding not to ask her about the leads. I want to know all the detail when she finds them I don't want to torture myself with leads that fall through. I can't mentally handle that.

"Do you like your hair?" She asked me before spinning the chair I'm in around so I could see myself in the mirror. My hair was tightly pulled back into a high ponytail. The hair in the pony tail was pin straight and it looked amazing. I don't normally like my hair straight or in a ponytail, but this looks awesome.

"I love it thank you." I smiled at her.

"I'm so glad. I always wanted a daughter, so I could do her hair and make-up. Harry used to let me mess with his hair until he turned fourteen. I'm now lucky just touch his hair." She laughed and I laughed with her, as I can picture Harry swatting her hands away as she goes to push his hair out of his face.

"I was kind of glad when he started wearing that bandana, just so his hair wasn't in his damn face all the time." She added. I laugh at her ranting about her son's choice of hair style.

"Cause he refuses to cut it he just gets it trimmed." She sighs.

"Now let's get your make-up done so we can get you in that dress and down to the party." She smiled changing the subject. The party starts in less than an hour. I watch as she puts a quick layer of foundation on my skin to even out my skin. She then tells me to close my eyes, and I can feel her start to put makeup on my eye lids. Before I know it (I zoned out) my make-up was done and she was pushing me into the bathroom to put the dress on.

I put the floor length red lace dress with a diamond cut out in the back, and long sleeves on. It fits my body perfectly and my butt actually looks really good in it. I wouldn't have picked this dress for myself, but it's absolutely gorgeous and I'm glad Emily picked it for me. She hands me a pair of nude pumps that have spikes of the heel, and I know they cost more than two months' rent at any apartment complex around. The shoes complete the look and I must say I feel beautiful. (Eva's dress ,hair, and make-up are on sidebar/Instagram)

"Eva? Are you dressed?" Emily asked. I opened the door to find her in a form fitted black dress that comes to the floor and flows out a little bit.

"Oh my god you look gorgeous." She smiled at me.

"Thanks you do as well." I smiled back.

"Those shoes look great on you. I got them from a friend of mine back in England as a joke, so I never worn them. So I'm glad we are the same shoe size, so someone can wear them. I feel like I'm too old to be wearing a shoe like that plus I might hurt someone with those things." She smiles.

"You're not to old to wear these. I think it just takes certain outfits to wear them." I told her honestly.

"Well they look way better on you, so they are all yours." She smiled at me. I was about to protest when she claps her hands and starts talking again.

"Let's get down there and I will introduce you to everyone." She cheered. I instantly forgot about the shoes as my stomach dropped and my hands began to sweat. I have to meet everyone?

Twenty minutes later and I've been introduced to just about everyone. The house was full of people who were drinking and chatting away. All night I felt like someone was watching me, but I pushed it off as I'm being paranoid.

"Who are you?" A tall brunette asked me with a slight attitude.

"This is Eva." Harry said coming out of nowhere startling me.

"Who is she?" The brunette asked him with an intense stare. It's like I'm not standing here right now.

"A close friend." Harry smirked suggestively, wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me into his side. I was so taken back by his actions and words I didn't know what to say or how to react.

"Really now." She snickered.

"Yupp. Come on babe let's go get some drinks." Harry guided me away from the girl.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him softly once she was out of ear shot.

"Long story short she is one of my dad's work buddies daughter that is obsessed with me and won't leave me alone." He said.

"So you made it seem like we were........ummm... dating because?" I asked/stated hoping that is what he was suggesting or I'm sure he would have a go at me if that wasn't what he was suggesting.

"Cause I didn't want her to be all over me." He shrugged.

"But why not pick someone you actually like?" I asked.

"Cause you look hot as hell tonight." He said before slapping his hand over his mouth. WHAT?

"I mean you look alright and ummm yeah." He rambled. I didn't care if he meant to say that or not he still just told me I looked hot tonight and that surprises me. Neither one of us knew what to say, so we just walked away from each other awkwardly. Harry called me hot............. Wasn't expecting that to happen tonight or EVER!!!!!

A/N: So this chapter without A/n is 2,365 words..... I had to force myself to stop writing haha! I hope you loved this chapter.

Please please please vote and comment and let me know what you think of this chapter, and just this story in general. I would love to hear what you have to say...... also make sure you check out the new summary for this story its amazeballs. :D thanks again @canadianBwithanITCH for writing it :)

Love,

Allie<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 247 19
Emma and her mom use to be close. Till her mom married her step-dad. He didn't like that Emma was there and staling all the attention away from him;...
94.9K 2.5K 37
(COMPLETED✅) "Just do what I say! And no questions!! Live or leave okay" Harry is being arrogant to his Girl. Harry styles is an very arrogant and ru...
3.5K 192 50
Alanis and Harry are living their best lives at the hottest skate park in Venice Beach, circa 1998. Between the concerts, parties, drugs, alcohol, fr...
309 0 29
Billie Jo Williams wants to be a singer, but no one takes her seriously. At twenty-two, she's only 4'8 and looks sixteen, her family ignores her for...