For the Road

By BSloves1D

Running a popular fan account shipping two members from the famous band One Direction is the only claim-to-fa... More

Notes
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
Character Ask
Character Answers
Sequel
Announcement

43

8.2K 319 251
By BSloves1D

Simon Cuntell

There's been a flight set up for you on the 25. You'll be coming to LA and we'll be having a discussion.

You

What did I do?

Simon Cuntell

You'll be in LA for the three-day break. We'll see you in five days.

You

Ok.

Louis can't believe this. The boys have been looking forward to their three-day break in between Africa and Asia and now he's needed in LA? He has no clue what he's done to piss off Simon this much. He tries to think back to something causing him to get called in and only one thing comes to mind.

Zayn.

He told Zayn that Harry and him are dating, but would Zayn really go so far as telling Simon? Louis doesn't think Zayn would be that big an asshole to sell him out like that, but as of late Louis had no way of predicting Zayn. 

~_~_~

"Remember, nod and smile, and don't say anything you'll regret," Liam reminds. Louis rolls his eyes as the rest of the boys get off the plane. The boys are spending time in South Africa, while Louis is being flown back to LA.

He's managed to ignore Zayn for most of the past five days. They both know that Zayn's the one that sold him out, but neither wants to bring it up. Louis figures passive-aggressive glaring will suffice until he finds out how badly he's going to be punished.

The next 21 hours are excruciating. He keeps imagining the things Simon could possible do to him for being with Harry. He saw how bad it got when people were speculating that Zayn and him were in a relationship, but now that there really was a secret gay relationship what will happen?

The sun's bright in LA when he lands, and he throws on a pair of sun glasses as a black SUV picks him up from the airport. The driver gives him a sympathetic look as he's driven to Simon's house. His leg hasn't stopped shaking since he's gotten off the plane.

He tries to calm himself down by reminding himself that they can't touch Harry. Harry didn't sign a contract. He's not legally bound. As long as Simon doesn't touch Harry, Louis' fine with anything. Simon can't throw Louis out of the band because they're making too much money. They can completely ruin Louis' image, but they've been doing that for the last five years anyway.

Louis thanks the driver as he slips out the vehicle and makes his way to Simon's mansion. The place has always intimidated Louis, but now the walls look even more looming. Someone stands at the front door to escort Louis back to Simon's private office. This must be a big deal. Normally, Simon lets the boys find their own way in.

The escort opens the large, brown doors and reveals Simon. He sits at his desk, overlooking the garden. Louis hesitantly moves into the office and takes a seat in one of the chairs. Simon waits until the door is closed to start speaking.

After a Moment of silence Simon questions, "Louis, what have I told you about dating since day one?" Louis looks down at his hands and decides he's going to not show weakness. Simon only gets more prideful around fearful people. Not matter what, Louis refuses to give him the satisfaction. 

"I can date anyone in the world as long as they're female," Louis replies. Liam tried fighting the rule when they first got put together (at the time, he was already comfortable with his sexuality), but he didn't have the upper hand and the whole thing fell through.

"Exactly. Now, can you tell me why I got a call saying that you're seeing... Harry Styles?" Louis sucks in a breath. He was hoping Zayn wouldn't have gone that far. Zayn could've just said Louis' dating a boy and leave it at that, or out Louis by saying he's gay. Telling Simon his full name? That's an all time low. Louis reminds himself to punch Zayn the next time he sees him.

"Probably because I am," Louis grumbles. He mentally kicks himself. His mouth always seems to run faster than his brain, especially when talking to Simon. His mouth is what gets him in a majority of the trouble he gets into.

"Call him," Simon hisses. Louis' face blanks. No. No, no, no.  His worst nightmare has been brought to life. Louis slowly brings out his phone and scrolls to Harry's contact. Harry deserves so much better than this. He silently promises himself to do whatever he can to make up for the shitty start to their relationship.

Louis presses the call button and brings it to his ear. "Speaker," Simon hisses. Louis gulps and sets the phone on the table and touches the 'speaker' button. He can't believe this is happening.

"Hey Love, can I get back to you in a bit? I'm in the middle of doing somethi—"

"I'm with Simon. He's on speaker," Louis blurts. He hears the silence on the other end of the phone. Simon leans over his desk to be closer to the phone. Louis immediately gets defensive and wants to snatch the phone and take it far, far away from the sick man in front of him.

"Oh. Okay. What's the matter?" Harry asks. Louis' heart shatters. The boy's voice is the shakiest he's ever heard. He wishes he can give Harry a reassuring hug and tell him that everything's going to be all right, but he's afraid he can't do that. There's no way this is going to ever end well for them.

"Hello, Harry. I'm Simon Cowell and you probably know that I'm one of Louis' mentors. Let me cut to the chase, with fame comes rules, son, and one of the many rules Louis has to follow is that he can't date boys. Do you see where I'm going with this," Simon starts.

"Yes sir," Harry hums.

"Well, tomorrow we're doing to be having a meeting to discuss our course of action. You'll be needed at this meeting. My people will get in touch with you to send you more information. I'm going to assume this is a good working number for you," Simon asks.

"Yes, sir," Harry confirms.

"Wonderful. It'll be a... pleasure meeting you tomorrow, Mr. Styles." Simon leans back in his chair, signaling that he is ending the conversation. Louis takes the call off speaker and presses the phone to his ear.

"I'm going to be home right after this, okay? Everything's going to be all right, Gorgeous, I'll see you soon. I love you," Louis whispers. He doesn't believe that everything's going to be okay, but he doesn't want Harry to worry.

"Okay, I love you. Please be safe," Harry mumbles. Louis hangs up. Simon tells him to have Eleanor here as well, so they can figure this out together. After a while, Louis' dismissed.

Once he's out he sees five missed messages from Liam.

Paynezz

Did you know? Niall doesn't and neither did I.

Paynezz

Check the Twitter

Paynezz

Louis what's going on?

Paynezz

Did Simon say anything to you?

Paynezz

Louis!!!!

Louis hurriedly pulls out his phone and logs into the official One Direction Twitter account. He sees Zayn's sign off and an attached image.

After five incredible years, I, Zayn Malik, have decided to leave One Direction. Niall, Liam and Louis will continue as a three-piece band and I look forward to the coming concerts of their world tour and the recording of the fifth album, which will release later this year.

My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever imagine. After five years, though, I feel like now is the right time for me to go my own way. I'd like to apologize, in advance, for any fans that I may let down or hurt, but I hope that you'll support my decision in leaving. I need some time out of the spotlight to take care of myself and deal with issues that I haven't dealt with properly and I hope the fans can respect that. I've made three friends for life in Louis, Liam, and Niall. I know that they'll continue to be the best band in the world and release amazing music for you. Thanks for your love and support. -Zayn M.

Zayn... left.

~_~_~

Hey guys! So, I just got of school and Christmas is on Monday. They'll be no Monday update, because I'll be spending time with my family. However, I will still write the bonus update if you guys reach the goal. I highly advice you to do this because the next chapter is the first, and only, Zayn POV chapter. Anyway, have I mentioned we hit 20K reads? I tried looking through past chapters, but I didn't find anything. We hit 20K OMWRIOGHWRG I'm so proud and thankful for you guys! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B

ATLC: I'd like to learn Sign Language at some point in my life. I've attempted a few times, but I always lose interest. Shoutout to @Lexipaige1204 who agrees!

Bonus Goal: 30 votes and 23 comments

QOTC: What holiday are you celebrating now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.6K 24
Harry Styles. A 22 year old model and aspiring actor that does his best to stay on the down low and keep his private life just that. Nobody knows who...
30.9K 921 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
31.6K 711 62
Harry and Louis, the guys who hate each other. Harry doesn't like Louis because of his ego and Louis doesn't like Harry because he's too soft. The w...
282K 9.3K 45
when louis finally comes home, harry isn't waiting. over the past four years, both of their lives have completely changed -- but maybe the feelings a...