Mistress (Camren)

By BabeLoRegui

The moment Camila's eyes landed on the new nanny for her kids, it was love at first sight in more ways than o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
~PART II~ (Chapter 24)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (Final)
|EPILOGUE|
NEW STORY

Chapter 31

18.8K 537 1K
By BabeLoRegui

A/N: Y'ALL AREN'T READY FOR THIS. HOLD ONTO YOUR WEAVES!!

Lauren's POV

I was the only one sober tonight. Obviously. But it was fun watching all of my friends get so wasted. Even Ally was pretty wild. I wanted my bachelorette party to be like this. Care free, all inclusive, and no worries. Just fun.

We were in Miami at an Airbnb mansion for the weekend, doing nothing but partying before the wedding in a couple of days. Demi was doing her own thing with her friends while mine were going hard as usual. I mean, I could still party sober.

"You okay, DJ?" I chuckled, helping her walk through the room as "No Limit" blasted through the speakers (Ashley and Gerald's request).

"So good. Damn, you know how to throw a party," she complimented when we landed in the kitchen that was little more quieter.

"I try," I giggled, looking down at my Sprite in hand.

"Are you having fun though?" she frowned, rubbing my arm.

"Yeah, of course," I smiled with a nod.

"...So, you think Camila can come over? She's in Miami," she mentioned.

"She's really here?" I was taken aback and surprised.

"Seriously? You know she wouldn't miss your wedding, Lo," she rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Well..." It wasn't like Camila and I weren't talking anymore or had any sort of beef. We still talked quite a bit. But ever since I proposed to Demi almost two months ago, there was obvious awkward tension between us. It especially sucked when I'd pick Sofi up from her house or she'd dropped her off. Whenever we saw each other it was just weird.

"Come on. Nick's with her so he can watch the kids," she took out her phone and began ringing her.

"If you want," I shrugged, quickly stepping away and back into the party.

Camila was coming to my bachelorette party. That alone made me want to drink, but I absolutely wouldn't. I hadn't a sip of alcohol in practically a year. My one year of staying sober was actually in two weeks which made me immensely proud. Couldn't ruin that now. Not even by the fact that the former love of my life will show up tonight to mess with my head even more.

"Lauren, do you know how proud I am of you?" Ashley held me by the cheeks with the brightest grin and faded eyes.

"How proud?" I played along jocularly.

"Super proud, baby. Come here," she wrapped her arms around me to pull me into her.

"Ash, you're drunk," I chuckled, rubbing her back.

"I wanna make this moment last before you're hitched," she laughed before kissing my cheek. "You're gonna make a wonderful wife. Demi's so lucky to have someone like you," she smiled wholeheartedly.

"Thank you, beautiful," my heart melted at the sweet compliment.

Over the past couple of months, I felt more confident and sure about getting married. At first, I had to admit that it wasn't so clear. But being engaged changed that. It made us even more open, helping our relationship flourish into something so strong. And now more than ever was I ready to marry Miss Demi Lovato. Soon to be Demi Lovato Jauregui. God, that itself made my heart explode.

Until Camila came into frame.

She was walking alone by the outside pool, of course wearing one of her most stunning pieces from her latest collection. Anything she wore was gorgeous. However, here tonight, she was truly breathtaking. 

I idly watched from a distance through the glass doors at her looking around so lost, probably looking for Dinah or at least someone she recognized. So, I made my way, pushing past a few people who I even didn't know to get to her. It took more time than expected but I knew I had to greet her first.

"Lauren, you're called to shotgun beers with me and the boys," my brother called out once I finally made it outside.

"Chris, you know I don't drink anymore," I huffed at him and his friends crowding around me, making me lose sight of my target.

"Even at your own party?" he frowned.

"I've almost made it to a year. Maybe I'll smoke a cigar with y'all later on," I replied which seemed to please them. "I gotta go," my eyes shot over to Camila who was entering the mansion.

"No way is your ex here," Chris also saw who I was looking at.

"She is and you will stay at least twelve feet away from her," I pointed.

"Whatever. There's tons of girls taking their tops off in the jacuzzi," he noticed. "Let's go, boys," he smirked, leaving with his friends to go over there.

I finally turned around to go back in and continue the hunt. Though luckily it didn't take long before our eyes met in the middle of the crowded room (pun intended). Cause damn, my heart beat so fucking fast.

Smirking as I approached, "There you are."

"Hey, were you looking for me?" she smirked as well before I quickly hugged her.

"I saw you outside so yeah. Were you looking for me?" I asked over the loud music.

"Duhh, it's your bachelorette party!" she squealed excitedly. 

Laughing at her cuteness, "Come on. Let's go somewhere we can hear better." I nonchalantly took her by the hand to lead her out of the hot, messy room. At least nothing was awkward as of now.

"So... I haven't been to a lot of bachelorette parties but I know that this doesn't really look like one," she giggled on our way.

"Yeah, Demi's most likely to have a party like that. For me, I just want everyone here and fucked up," I chuckled, leading her into the kitchen so I could prepare her scotch. "And to serve up your favorite drink."

"Oh, you're so kind. Thank you," she smirked, taking the glass. 

"Thank you for coming tonight. And to the wedding," I said kindly.

"Hey, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Even when I'm currently working on a dress for Lady Gaga," she laughed.

"Gaga? That's great, Camz!" I raised my hand to give her a high-five.

"Thanks! Maybe I am the new Donatella Versace now. We're planning to work together very soon," she winked.

"Nah, you're one a kind," I assured sweetly.

"Oh, Lo... you'll never stop being cute," she rolled her eyes in her classic way.

"Can't help it," I shrugged innocently.

"Wait, you haven't drank anything at all tonight?" she realized after taking a sip of hers.

"Not one drop and don't plan to," I shook my head. "Gotta stay sober at least till my anniversary."

"Hmm, that's very admirable," she nodded with a smile. 

"Thanks," I grinned. "Though I kind of have fallen back into cigars and cigarettes."

"Oh, me too," she sighed shamefully. "Actually never broke the bad habit."

"Wanna still do it anyway out on the back patio?" I shrugged, taking out a pack from my back pocket.

"Sure. Can I take the rest of this scotch with me?" she giggled and picked up the bottle.

"Why not?" I laughed.

"You know, I actually like this house party vibe? It reminds me of high school," she spoke humorously.

"Oh yeah, everyone drunk and high, stumbling around... kids going upstairs to smash," I said as we took a seat on one of the couches.

"Probably where Dinah is with Ty right now," she added.

"At this time of the night? Totally," I cackled. "And most likely where my brother will end up, getting his desperate ass dick sucked," I shook my head as I spotted him going back into the house with a half naked girl.

"Oh, you crazy kids," she jokingly sighed.

"Hey, at least it's not me. I'm growing up," I shrugged as I lit my cig up.

"Right... Twenty-four is so old," she teased before finishing her glass.

"Sorry I was born later than you. Plus, having a kid matures the fuck out of you," I stated.

"Oh my god, try having four, starting at only eighteen," she huffed, pouring another glass.

"Oh, god no," I let out a laugh at the ridiculous thought. I sure as hell would've never survived being a teen mom but major props to Camila for doing it.

"Yeah... my twenties weren't very wild. Well, until I met you two years ago where I really 'lived it out to the fullest,'" she nudged my arm.

"Was it really two years ago when we first met?" I frowned, blowing out a tiny bit of smoke.

"Next month it will be," she answered, locking eyes with mine.

"Shit," I lowered my head, smirking. "This year's going by so fast."

"Too fast it seems."

"Yeah. I mean, I'm getting married in two days. Two fucking days. Can you believe that?" I faced her again where she was chugging the rest of her glass. "Woah, Camz, slow down there," I slowly brought her hand down and she wiped her mouth.

"Oh, sorry. Getting carried away," she blinked rapidly.

"Here," I gave her a cigarette and lit it for her.

"Thanks," she whispered after taking a long drag. I wasn't expecting her to down two whole drinks so soon. I wondered if she was actually planning on getting really drunk. Not unlike every other person here but...

"Camren, there you are!" Dinah suddenly approached us, holding Ty's hand.

"Wow, you guys done fucking already?" I teased, causing their eyes to roll.

"Ha ha, you're wanted inside 'cause Cardi B's gonna be here any minute!" she reminded which excited the hell out of me.

"Oh shit," I quickly stood up and looked down. "Let's go, Camz."

"Uh.. I'll be there in a sec," she replied wearily, confusing me.

"Everything alright?" I sat down again and looked up at Dinah who also appeared concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I just need a minute. But you go in and have fun," she lightly pushed on my arm, looking more drunk by the second.

"Stay with her," I told Dinah and she nodded.

Narrator's POV

The blonde watched as Lauren and Ty walked away and back into the house before sitting down. "Mila..."

"I'm seriously fine, Dinah," Camila closed her eyes and put out her cigarette, "but I'm... I don't know..."

"You are not fine, sweetie," she let out a soft chuckle, wrapping an arm around her best friend's shoulder to give a light massage.

"I started drinking and as I kept talking to her I didn't want to stop. And when she brought up her fucking wedding...." Camila lowered her head, shaking it quickly.

"Hey, at least you're here. You made it to Miami for one and two, you're actually attending Lauren's wedding. You're doing so well. I'm so proud," she smiled.

"Just let me get through the night with this scotch," the designer clutched the bottle tightly.

"You can have two more drinks but you're not blacking out. I'm watching you," Dinah eyed her seriously.

"Don't worry," Camila sang falsely as she poured herself another cup of scotch.

The night carried on with Lauren joining Cardi B on stage during her favorite song and having the best time. The party got even wilder from there yet the bachelorette still remained sober. She sort of freaked when she found out some people were snorting coke outside, but took care of it when she had security kick them out. None of that bullshit was going to happen at her party even if it was a huge mess of a rager.

And for Camila, well... she kept getting more drunk. A lot more drunk than what Dinah wanted, but of course Camila didn't listen as she snuck more alcohol. Lauren had lost sight of her, especially when the mansion filled up even more. But when they finally reunited at half past three in the morning, the Cuban singer took over as the caretaker.

"I'm so sorry you have to help me up the stairs, Lauren," Camila covered her embarrassed face.

"It's okay, Camz. Just want you to be safe," Lauren chuckled as they finally got up to the second floor with an arm hooked around the older woman.

"Aww, I love when you call me 'Camz.' It's so cute," the intoxicated brunette stumbled into one of the spare bedrooms that Lauren led her into.

Ignoring the borderline flirting, "Okay, take a seat, drink this and eat these," the green-eyed woman handed her a water bottle and a bag of chips.

"Oh god, do I really look this bad?" Camila muttered, looking into a hand mirror. "Fuck, I always look so ugly when I'm drunk."

"Not that bad," Lauren lightly teased, sitting down next to Camila on the bed.

The latter whimpered as she miserably opened the bag up, "Sorry I'm not hot right now. No one's gonna wanna kiss me like this."

This surprised Lauren and without thinking beforehand, "I'd still kiss you no matter what," she muttered, not even looking at her ex.

Camila immediately paused and turned her head. Even though super drunk, she understood every single word of that. "Really?" she whispered.

Lauren's heart dropped, instantly regretting her words with widened, panic eyes. "Camz-" but it was too late as Camila dropped her items in hand and used them to cup Lauren's face, hungrily crashing their lips together.

Lauren's protest was cut off by Camila's suction on her bottom lip, especially when she was pushed down onto the bed. Her eyes were still wide, not wanting any of this to happen but here Camila was taking the most control and not letting up. "Oh my god, baby. I've wanted this," the woman on top whispered against lips, straddling the bottom's waist.

"Camz, stop-" Lauren quickly turned her head but Camila's lips landed on her neck this time, sucking on the appropriate sensitive spots that made Lauren's eyes roll and the shameful swell in her pants. And because of Camila grinding her hips into the growing erection. Sure, the bottom was stronger than the top by a mile but she wasn't fighting it so much.

"Lauren, please... please don't marry her," she breathed in between kisses. "Don't marry Demi."

This was the last straw. "Get off," Lauren took Camila's wrists and flipped her over onto the other side of the bed.

It was as if this was major wake up call as Camila snapped out of it once she was lying on her back, guilt slowly but surely eating at her. "Oh my god, Lauren!" she called out at the woman who was sitting at the edge of the mattress with her face buried in her hands. "Lauren, I'm so fucking sorry," tears filled her eyes as much as they filled the singer's.

"Just... just get some rest, okay?" she sadly mumbled, throat closing up as she walked toward the door and glanced back at Camila one last time. Camila who was sitting up and had tears streaming down her face like she made the biggest mistake of her life.

When the door closed, Camila fell back into the bed crying her eyes out while her heart had just been ripped out of her chest. How could she have done that? She ruined everything. Again. 

"Lolo! Did you get Mila to bed?" Dinah asked when Lauren came up to her, Ty, Normani and Ally who were all in a corner smoking blunts. Damn, Ally was really letting loose tonight.

"..Yeah, I gotta.. I gotta go," she nervously scratched the back of her neck.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dinah noticed her glossy eyes, putting out the blunt and stepping toward her.

"N-nothing," Lauren sniffled, "I'm going to a hotel tonight."

"You're not staying here?"

"I can't. I'm sorry. But keep an eye on her upstairs," she tried moving away before Dinah held onto her arms.

"Lauren, what did you guys do? Did you kiss-"

"I can't talk about this right now," Lauren ripped out of the hold and stormed out of the house, into her car and away from the premises where she too made the biggest mistake of her own life.

She was so fucked.

________________________

The day after, Lauren felt numb. She had no other feeling besides the absolute worst case of guilt and remorse. Especially when she was with her fiancée and they were doing last minute preparations for the ceremony.

Everyone was running around to make the million dollar wedding perfect and everything up to the couple's standards. Well, mostly Demi's since Lauren went with whatever the former wanted. And at this point, whatever Demi's says goes. Lauren just wanted her bride to have the most beautiful wedding day ever. That was the most important goal right now.

However, that didn't mean she hadn't forgotten about what she and Camila did during her bachelorette party. In fact, it was the thing she couldn't stop thinking about. 

She cheated. Two days before her goddamn wedding. What kind of scumbag was she? This was far worse than the emotional affair. It went physical.

Camila was ashamed too. She left early the next morning to go back to the Cabello hotel in downtown Miami where they had a personal penthouse suite just for Camila, Nick and the kids to stay in. But the guilt made her head clouded. She couldn't even enjoy a nice day at the beach with her children.

"Hello?" Camila winced as she picked up the incoming phone call from Lauren. Her heart was already pounding at what her ex was going to say to her. Was she going to tell her off and yell about how mad she was at her? Probably. It wasn't like she didn't deserve it. She was even screaming at her own self.

"Hey..." Lauren began with a sigh on the other line.

"Hi..." Camila replied in the same way.

"Did my mother get Sofi okay?" she asked since Clara had been patiently waiting to babysit her granddaughter and today was finally the day.

"Yeah, it was a smooth transition besides her giving me a strange look. I really don't think she likes me anymore," Camila mumbled while having another cigarette on her balcony. She was watching the children play in the outside pool down below. Nick was tanning of course.

"Don't take it personal. It's just weird 'cause we're not married but have a child together. Plus, we've been through shit," Lauren couldn't help but chuckle.

"Still going through shit," Camila countered, wincing.

"Yeah... Camz, about that," Lauren's eyes closed as she worked up the courage to speak about the incident.

"You have every right to hate me. I fucking hate myself and I'm so so so so sorry," she apologized genuinely, but not expecting Lauren to forgive her one bit.

"First of all, I don't hate you. I could never hate you. Second, it's fine. It's my fault actually," Lauren replied instead, causing the older woman's brows to narrow.

"What are you talking about, Lauren? I single-handedly ruined everything and I feel awful," she let out before getting choked up at how she wasn't even getting blamed.

"You were drunk, I wasn't. And I should've never let it go that far. At the end of the day, it's my relationship that's at risk," she explained.

"But I kissed you and I know you didn't want to kiss me back. This is all on me."

"Maybe we're both in the wrong but it doesn't matter. I still cheated," Lauren sighed.

Camila felt even shittier at how badly hurt the other woman was. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, sitting down. "I can't expect you to ever forgive me for this nor do I want forgiveness. I don't even deserve it."

"Camz," Lauren frowned.

"Actually, I've been thinking about it and decided to not attend the ceremony tomorrow," she continued.

"What? Why not?" the singer stood up in shock.

"Because, Lauren, I literally fucked everything up. Why should I go to your wedding after what happened last night? After I completely disrespected the both of you," Camila said, trembling.

"We can work it later. We'll be fine but I still want you there, Camz. What about the kids at least?" 

"They can go with Nick and Sofi can be with your parents obviously. I just can't," the designer's eyes closed as tears filled them once again.

Lauren swallowed hard and wanted to cry herself, but had to understand the reasons. Of course Camila was beating herself up over it. She was too. Taking a deep breath, "Well.. if that's what you decide..."

"I'm sorry," Camila concluded in a shaky voice.

____________________

Lauren's POV

The day before my wedding and I felt like the worst person in the whole world. I couldn't even look at Demi when she joined me for lunch at a restaurant near my house. My heart ached too much.

"Babe, why are you acting like this? Please, look at me," Demi pleaded again. I slowly lifted my head to meet her eyes that looked so hurt. But I knew I looked even worse. "Tell me what's wrong. What's going through your mind?"

Looking away again, "Nothing."

"Stop saying that," she said assertively.

"There's nothing else to say. What do you want me to tell you?"

"I want you to be honest. You look so off today and it's scaring me," she shook her head.

"I don't know.. maybe I'm nervous," I shrugged, picking up my water for a long swig.

"For tomorrow?" I shrugged once more. "Well... I'm a little nervous too. You can be open about it all you want. Chances are I feel the same way," she explained. Yeah, but you didn't cheat.

"I'm sorry, babe," I mumbled.

"Just please talk to me about what's bothering you. We're one day away from being married. We can't start keeping secrets now," she went on.

"I know," I sighed and she reached out to hold my hand from across the table.

"We're gonna be fine, baby. You have nothing to worry about. It's just you and me now. You're safe," she smiled tenderly, causing my heart to break even more.

"I hope so," I whispered.

"Lauren..." she huffed, pulling away. "Tell me what's wrong." I still couldn't tell her. Not now. It would ruin everything before the big day. "Is it Camila?" My ears perked up.

"Why would it be about Camila?" I suddenly got defensive for some strange reason.

She frowned, "I don't know. She's like the one of the most important women in your life. A lot of things are about her."

"Okay, well, it isn't. Not this time," I shrugged off.

"So, nothing happened between you and her? Did anything happen at the party last night?" 

"Demi," I wanted to raise my voice but even though we were in a private section of the restaurant, I couldn't cause a scene.

"I'm just asking," she looked even madder.

"Nothing happened," I answered with conviction.

"Like I'm gonna believe that," Demi snarked. 

"Well," I chuckled. "Believe it or not. That's your problem."

"Lauren," she looked down and set her napkin on the table. "I don't want to argue today of all days. Especially not tomorrow. So, if you have anything you want to say to me, good or bad, now's the time. Because I'm not going into this marriage like this."

"There's nothing, Demi. This is the last time I'm gonna say it. Camila and I did nothing last night. Nothing happened at all last night. We can drop it and happily get married tomorrow," I finished with a fake smile that she saw right through. Couldn't fake anything with her but I guess I was ballsy today. Anything to save my ass.

"I hope you're right. 'Cause the looks you give her always make me second guess myself," she muttered, catching me off guard.

"What is that supposed to mean?" my brows furrowed.

"You tell me. I know Camila's always on your mind and you will always have something special with her. I even overheard you talking to her on the phone about something serious. I'm not so sure what it was exactly but it sounded intense," she explained. So, she tells me now? What happened to no secrets?

"She was... unsure if she was going to make it to the wedding," I admitted which wasn't a lie.

"Oh," her face fell. "Why?"

"Not exactly sure but she told me that she didn't feel well," I almost told the truth this time.

My fiancée ducked her head, "That's too bad."

Nodding, "Well... besides that... I can assure you everything's alright," I reached over to take her hand now and kissed the top of it. "Demi, I love you and only you, I'm ready to be your wife, and tomorrow will be the best day of our lives."

It took her a moment to match my grin but she did so anyway. "I love you too, Lauren."

__________________________

July 6, 2019

I woke up earlier than I wanted. But after all, I couldn't sleep due to the big day today. 

I was getting married to Demi Lovato. 

Only in my dreams did I ever think such a thing but it was deadass a reality now. In just a matter of hours would she be my wife, I would be her wife, and we'd live together happily ever after. At least that's what I wished for. After yesterday's discussion, it was a little iffy. But I knew in my heart that I wanted to work on our problems and communication. We had the rest of our lives to do so and today was day one.

"Hi, baby boy. Momma's getting married to your other Momma today," I scratched the back of Bubba's ear just like he always loved as we laid in bed. "I'm so excited. Are you?" I giggled once he began licking my face. "Oh, buddy! I'll take that as a yes!"

Hours passed slowly in the morning but when it hit the afternoon, time couldn't slow down. Tons of people around me rushed to get their hair and makeup done, dressed in their beautiful dresses and heels. Especially my bridal party of Ashley, Gerald, Taylor, Chris, Dinah, Ty, Normani and Ally. Sadly not Camila. Camila would come in with Nick but I guess she really wasn't going to come.

"So, what's the verdict? You talked to her, right?" I asked Dinah in the mirror while my hair stylist, Candy, was finishing up my wavy curls.

"Of course," she looked up from her phone. "But I'm not entirely sure yet. Nick's here with the kids and your mom's still holding Sofi."

I chuckled, "I don't think she's ever gonna put that baby down."

"But Camila... man, she just feels so bad," she frowned.

"I know. I do too," I whispered shamefully.

"And you didn't tell Demi about it?" Candy asked since she knew. She was always around my  dirty gossip with the girls.

"Absolutely not. Not right before our wedding," I shook my head.

"You'll have to eventually," Dinah remarked. "It's the right thing to do. Don't break Demi's heart even more than you already are." Well, that was another kick to the nuts.

"I won't. I will after our honeymoon," I stated as a matter of fact.

"Which will be next month. It's gonna be such a big hole at the point, Lauren, and you know that."

"I'm sorry, DJ. Looks wonderful, Candy," I smiled at the older woman.

"You're a beautiful bride," she beamed before my mother bursted into the room.

"Ohhh, my gorgeous nena!" she entered with my baby girl on her hip. "You're just as beautiful as little Sofi."

"Oh my goodness! Aren't you the cutest, Mija?!" I squealed, holding my hands out for my 7 month old to fall into me. She had on her precious little dress and adorable headband that was in diamonds of course.

"You really look so stunning, Lauren," Mama eyed me up and down, getting so emotional.

"Thank you," we both leaned in to kiss each other's cheeks. "And now it's time for the dress."

Everyone helped me into my white gown and put on my veil to complete the look. The girls and I took countless photos outside of the venue before the ceremony started. And I thought my heart was going to stop when I saw Demi and her crew pull up.

It was happening. This was it.

I walked down the aisle with my father first, the rows of people all standing and taking their photos. I even spotted Nick and the little Cabello kids in the third row. But still no Camila.  Who was I kidding? She wasn't coming.

My mother sat in the first row next to Chris, with Sofia on her lap, looking happy as ever. And when I reached the altar with my bridesmaids following behind, I turned around to see my beautiful Demi about to walk in with Eddie and her own bridal party.

My heart stopped this time. In fact, my whole world stopped as I watched my bride wear the happiest, most excited grin I'd ever seen on her. She was clad in such a gorgeous white dress, her veil covering her beautiful face. Man, I loved her. And now was the time that I knew for sure that she was the one. The perfect wife for me.

I teared up when she approached and finally faced me. Both of us smiled at each other. The brightest smiles we've ever exchanged. 

We made it.

It was then that I looked over at Ashley next to me. She was such a beauty as well and already crying. It made my own tears well up more and looking down at Sofia, water works were in full effect. 

"You look so beautiful," Demi complimented quietly as I lifted her veil up to reveal her flawlessness. She lifted mine up too.

"You're more beautiful. I love you." 

"I love you too," she replied before the officiant started talking.

It took a little longer than I expected, many times I looked down at the smiling audience. But what really caught my eye in the middle of the ceremony was Camila walking in. 

Oh my god. 

She was here and so beautiful. She had on a short red dress and wore her hair down and long, taking a seat in the last row. Demi noticed this too and she looked back at me with raised brows. Waving it off, we focused our attention back on what the officiant was saying right before it was time for the vows.

"I, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, do take thee Demetria Devonne Lovato to be my lawful wedded wife," I finished with a huge smile and melted heart.

But then I suddenly heard some commotion back in the audience where I saw Camila again, getting up and leaving. No. What the hell? She was seriously leaving? Now??? I stared with a now broken heart as she padded down the hallway gone. She was just gone like that and my whole world turned upside down.

Demi also noticed my reaction and squeezed my hands, "Babe?"

I quickly turned my head back toward her, "Sorry."

The officiant continued but I couldn't help but sulk. It was clearly evident that what Camila did bothered me a lot. I wasn't even looking at Demi when she was about to say her vows. I was just crushed.

"I, Demetria Devonne Lovato, do take thee... Lauren Michelle Jauregui..." I finally but slowly met her gaze that didn't look happy. "Uh..." my brows furrowed at her hesitation and I looked at the officiant who also frowned. 

"To be my lawful wedded wife," he repeated but Demi still blanked.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, feeling her let go of my hands. Oh my god. My heart sunk so deep that it dropped into my stomach and my stomach ached like hell. I thought I was going to be sick at her actions. What on earth was she doing?

"I'm sorry... I-I-"

"Demi," my eyes widened and I looked back out to our guests who were just as concerned.

"Do you not wish to carry on, Miss Lovato?" the officiant questioned where I stared at her in shock. I couldn't believe she didn't want to do this. Here at the altar in front of everyone and now she does this? This had to be a nightmare.

"No," she finally answered and gave me a weak, apologetic look. Fuck.

"Are you serious?" I whispered, growing more devastated and absolutely embarrassed by the second. 

"We're not ready, Lauren. You're not ready-"

"Demi, no, I am," I tried to grab her hands again but she wouldn't let me.

"I'm sorry," she turned her head back to her sisters, Sirah and Marissa. 

At this point I couldn't think straight. My lips quivered as Ashley came up to me and put her hand on my back.

"Demi, please don't do this," I begged before she gave me one final look and walked down the altar and out of the room. Alone.

Tons of people stood up and my girls crowded around me. But I stood still frozen solid, also feeling alone and downright petrified.

I lost her.

_____________________

Camila's POV

I hit 100 mph while driving back to the hotel. I just couldn't be there anymore and wanted to drive away so fast and far away. I thought I could stay but felt myself lose it right when Lauren made her vow to be with Demi forever. But there was no way I could sit there and stand to witness such a thing that broke me. That made me feel sick.

Sobbing and ruining my makeup, I had to go visit the cemetery. I was in Miami anyway.

None of their graves changed as I approached the headstones. My picture with Sofi was still right there in the glass case on top of the stone and each of the flower arrangements looked beautiful as I expected them to be.

Lauren said she visited sometimes whenever she was home which was sweet. She kept their graves clean and freshly flowered while I'd still been hesitant about making regular visits. I was here now though.

And seeing them here today, I let everything go.

"When you watch the love of your life get married to another woman right in front of you... it kills you," I vented in a shaky voice, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "I felt like there was already a whole in my heart but it just kept getting worse every time Lauren looked at her and she looked back in a way that I always used to. And I was such a fucking bitch for trying to come between that," I bit back a sob. "I couldn't help it though. I love her. I still do. I love her so much and I'll never ever stop," tears streamed down my face as I let it all out, crying into my hands. "And the worst part is that it's all on me. I'm the reason so many things get fucked up and ruined. I'm the reason why Giorgio was the way he was. I'm the reason Lauren was the way she was, and how I messed up everything between each of them, including Don. I just..." I sobbed hysterically with a shaking body. "I can't ever get it right. There's no hope for me. And now, here I am losing the love of my life after I almost destroyed her relationship the other night. Like, what the hell is wrong with me? I might just never have another girlfriend or boyfriend ever again. All I do is fuck it up." 

I sat there for a few more minutes, ranting and crying and just wishing they were alive to hear me and give me some sort of advice. Or just to tell me that everything was going to be fine. But it wasn't. And they weren't. They hadn't been around in just over ten years. Not now, not ever again as long as I was living on this god forsaken earth. The earth that I grew to resent yet again. It hates me for real this time. And I fucking hate it with a burning passion right back.

And who knows how many more hits I can take like this? How much longer can I feel this way?

"Oh, Karla... you were always such a drama queen." I suddenly heard a voice that snapped me out of my breakdown and forced me to look at my mother's stone as it sounded so much like her voice. Shit, now I was going crazy and hearing things.

"What?" I let out, furrowing my brows.

"Turn around, Mija." I did as the voice said and turned my back around to face a creature, a life, a woman that caused utter paralyzation and made me believe this truly was a dream.

"......Mom?!" 

A/N: BET Y'ALL WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT! I thought long and hard about it if I wanted Camila's parents to come back and I decided to! And I wasn't gonna update tonight but fuck it. Stay tuned to find out how the fuck Sinu's alive in the next chapter! 💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 523 10
Lauren's friend Ally just got a new step-sister. She seemed fragile and held back. Once Lauren got to know her she knew Camila was a beautiful disast...
57.2K 1.5K 25
Lauren always wonders to herself when she fucked up in her life. How she lost the love of her life? How she didn't think twice? Now she's gone and do...
946 20 15
My first story sorry if it sucks. And sorry about the description too! Camila's G!P
148K 3.7K 21
I'd kill for her. I wonder if she'd do the same. [g!p] Also at some point this turned into a Camren/you which I didn't plan. I didn't see it coming i...